Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base

Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base

4.9

• Ease of Assembly

Exactly what we wanted

Quokka beds ticked all the boxes: Australian-make, high quality, elegantly simple, use of sustainably sourced timber. Service was excellent, delivery convenient and the beds simple to assemble and lovely to sleep on.

Amanda

AmandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I am so delighted with this bed base I don't know where to start!

Purchased in October 2020 for A$1,055.00.

david

davidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect, it's exactly what I was after. A solid good looking bed frame

Easily assembled even for a novice like me. The bed frame is solid , made with quality parts and looks like it will last for years. The design is simple and timeless.

Purchased in May 2020.

Excellent bed

We've used latex beds for 30 years. Our new Quokka bed is the best we've had in terms of build quality, value and quality of sleep. The folks at Quokka offered excellent, friendly service. We're very happy with our choice.

Much better

Brett came to replace our bed, to fix the creaking issues and add in a middle support to the wobbly head board. Much better now. Thanks very much for fixing

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,585.00.

garage yogi

garage yogiPerth, WA

Beautiful, simple high quality bed

I got the jarrah floating bed with frame that fits flush with the mattress + headboard; a beautiful yet simple design that eliminates any incidence of stubbing toes or banging shins in the night. The meticulous craftsmanship has produced a high quality bed that is sturdy and doesn't creak. The bed was easily assembled with the help of my teen son.
Initially there was a minor issue with the bed but we received excellent service and the issue was quickly resolved. Locally made and no packaging delivery are also worth noting.
Very happy and satisfied with this bed.

Purchased in September 2020 at Quokka Beds.

Lucas S.Sydney, NSW

Minimalist dream

Purchased at Quokka Beds for A$705.00.

Oak King Bed - Original Headboard

Beautiful yet simple design. Will never date! Very easy to assemble & not a creak to be heard. It compliments my organic latex mattress beautifully. Would highly recommend. So happy we could support local business too!

Purchased in August 2020 at Quokka Beds for A$1,375.00.

Hey Gillian!
Fantastic to hear you're loving our beds! Thanks for recommending us, & thank you for supporting an Aussie local business too, Happy Sleeping!
Kind regards
Elise and the Quokka Team

Good bed base at great price!

No creaking and squeaking and easy to assemble. Like the solid wood that is responsibly sourced. Head rest was shaky, but taped padding between wall and it works well now.

Love our Quokka bed base

This was super easy to assemble and only took a few minutes. Love that I could opt for no stain. We have now purchased another one in the new floating design.

Purchased in August 2020 at Quokka Beds for A$700.00.

Hey Lauren!
So good to hear you love our timber bed base! We also love the ease of assembly, great to know you enjoy it too! We can't wait to make your new floating bed base.
Happy Sleeping!

Great design

This is an awesome bed - It’s a very clever design, easy to assemble, solid, comfortable, beautiful. I love my new bed. I am a happy customer. Quokka provides great service too!

Purchased in October 2020.

Maria M.

Maria M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Bed Base Ever !!!!

We are over the moon with our King size bed base. Initially there were some specifications that we weren't happy with ...namely the plywood type of wood on several of the pieces. The company took on our concerns , earnestly and immediately offered a solid wood replacement for those pieces and shipped them out pronto. I feel Quokka beds are a very genuine Australian company ...with excellent customer service but more importantly beautiful, environmentally savvy, strongly built and comfortable bed furniture. Without those nasty glue and chemical laquers..We recommend Quokka beds 110% !!!
Maria and Trent
Melbourne

Purchased in August 2020 at Quokka Beds for A$1,399.00.

Seagulls5

Seagulls5Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the Base

The bed base is so well made, solid and sturdy. After sleeping on a creaky bed for years, it is wonderful to now be able to turn over in bed without making a sound.
Unfortunately no instructions were provided, so I had to resort to using the video, which I had to stop and start over and over again. The video is too fast, and does not give proper instructions for installing the floating base. Instead of 3 minutes, it took me well over 1/2 hour, with lots of confusion. I even contacted Quokka with photos, to ask whether the brackets at one end had been installed correctly by their production team.
Happy with my purchase and it’s so good to have a bed made for me from scratch by an Australian business.

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid. Beautiful. Simple

Ordered two bed bases for my sons. Arrived in expected time frame. Construction is perfect, solid timber. Simple to put together even with two young children playing in the room. Very happy with my purchase and shall be back for my daughters beds when needed.

Hey there Amanda
Wow, fantastic to hear! We're so happy that you enjoy our beds as much as we do, and found the assembly super easy, that's our goal! We'll hear from you soon for your next bed!
Happy Sleeping

Tom D

Tom DSydney, NSW

Great bed, quick delivery and great price.

Quokka were great, and good to deal with an Australian company. I purchased a queen bed base (no headboard) in Oak. It arrived quickly, and assembled easily with one person. It doesn't creak and has made no sound during the nights. My mattress is very slightly too large for the bed and the edge is flush or very slightly over the frame. If the bed base had a slight recess and was slightly bigger it would be perfect. Despite this, I'd definitely recommend the bed base and Quokka to friends and family.

Purchased in August 2020 at Quokka Beds for A$755.00.

Great looking bed!

Purchased in August 2020 at Quokka Beds.

Vicki

VickiFar North Queensland, QLD

Great Bed Base

The bed base was easy to put together and is just what I wanted. I have a very heavy mattress and it is very easy to change the sheets now that I have a bed with slats level with the top of the frame. Very good quality and no wobbles or squeaks.

Elizabeth R.

Elizabeth R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beautiful bed, excellent customer service!

I purchased the Queen sized bed in Oak with a Headboard in July 2020.
The bed is beautiful, sturdy and has that lovely wood smell.
My partner and I had no trouble putting the bed together.
The inner parts of the bed are unfinished, but we have not had any issues with that.

I was initially sent bed slats that were too big, and have had some trouble with the bed squeaking - but the Quokka support team have been outstanding! I was immediately sent new slats at no cost. Daniel explained why the bed was squeaking and offered to send me new bed pieces to fix the issue at no cost.

Purchased in July 2020.

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for your wonderful review! Great to hear the assembly was simple & easy. Thank you for your kindness and understanding, and of course supporting an Aussie local business!
Happy Sleeping,

Jenny O'Keefe

Jenny O'KeefeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Assembled with partner without divorce!

Fairly easy assembly, beautiful bed, super happy with this lifetime purchase. It was definitely time to stop buying crappy cheap frames online and this one is just such a step up.

Purchased in July 2020 at Quokka Beds for A$1,700.00.

MrsG

MrsGPerth, WA

Love it

Purchased in August 2020 at Quokka Beds for A$1,145.00.