Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base

Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base

Pros

• Fast delivery

• Easy to assemble

• Excellent build quality

Cons

• Takes longer than the advertised 3 mins to assemble

4.9

• Ease of Assembly

Lovely base

This bed base is just what I was looking for. It feels sturdy, is easy to assemble and doesn’t take up too much space. Lovely simple classic design. Thanks team!

Purchased in February 2021.

Timeless design, top quality

The design is simple and timeless. It is solid wood and feels high quality - definitely get your money's worth. However, I would recommend having two adults assemble it to avoid any injuries. I assembled it myself (young adult female) but I did drop the solid wood on the floor multiple times and injured my finger in the process. It took me over 30 minutes to assemble. I contacted them twice with questions regarding my purchase and they responded quickly and politely! The company is very pleasant to deal with.

Works well in the end.

When I completed the assembly I walked on the bed as per the video. The bed creaked and swayed and did not feel at all stable. I contacted Quokka Beds and was told to put the mattress on it and see what happened. With the mattress on it the base became stable and does not move. It is solid enough so it does not disturb the person in bed when another gets in. Assembly video is a bit quick and needed to be paused to see details as we were assembling the bed.

Purchased in January 2021 at Quokka Beds for $1,805.00.

Marg C

Marg CPerth

Supporting WA businesses

The bed base is exactly as described and did only take a few minutes to assemble. I’m very happy with my purchase and have recommended your company to my friends and family if they are looking to replace a bed base, go to Quokka Beds and support local businesses.

Gelle C.

Gelle C.Sydney, NSW

Easiest assembly ever

Beautiful floating bed frame, incredibly easy to put together and feels super sturdy. No creaks at all!
Very happy with the bed & a reasonable price for a solid Australian product & company.
Customer service from Quokka was also really good. Only issue was the shipping, but that was completely unrelated to Quokka.

Great design & easy install

Quick/simple assembly
Minimal creaks
Great nights sleep
Ordered 11 Jan 21, arrived in QLD 2 March 21, was a long wait (probably more to do with AUS Post) but we eventually received our bed!!!

Awesome product!

No creaking, solid bed frame, and the easiest to assemble. Competitive pricing. And best of all it is made in Australia from quality wood. I’m in love! Very very happy!

Hey Linda,
Thank you so much for your glowing review! It certainly brightens our day to hear from happy customers enjoying our products. We're so glad you enjoyed the ease of assembly too.
Happy Sleeping!
Elise, Quokka Team

Josie D.

Josie D.

Quokka ❤️

Great bed from this Australian company. We purchased the double bed for a smaller bedroom. Love how easy the bed is to put together - appreciate the quality brackets too.
We wish to support Australian made and owned.
Quokka’s customer service is exceptional.

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,055.00.

drew76

drew76Perth, WA

Simple/timeless design, rock solid construction, Australian made and should go the distance.

Rachel

RachelSydney, NSW

Sturdy, stylish and high quality

I searched for months to find the right bed, wanting something solid timber in king size, really sturdy, and without the visible side support legs on so many cheaper models. I finally settled on the Quokka, and I am beyond thrilled. Easy to assemble, doesn’t creak or wobble at all, and looks elegant. I like that it is Australian timber, and it was worth the 1-month wait for it to arrive. Highly recommend. I will be happy with this bed for many years.

Purchased in December 2020.

I am 100% happy with my Quokka floating bed base

Superb quality, super easy assembly, I could not be happier. When buying a new bed I wanted to support an Australian business making Australian products and wasn't sure what to expect in terms of ordering a bed online, but was so completely thrilled with it from the moment it was assembled, also, absolutely no creaking. I will be spreading the word to all my family and friends to order their next bed through Quokka Beds. In addition to a top quality product, their communication and service was second to none.

Purchased in November 2020 at Quokka Beds for $1,310.00.

Daisy

DaisyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent bed base that was assembled in minutes

We ordered these bed bases because they seemed quick and simple to set up and pack away. The process was as easy at it looked on the video and the beds are excellent quality. We ordered two long singles that can be turned into a king when placed side by side. They are perfect.

Purchased in January 2020.

Louise42

Louise42Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Extremely happy.

Love my Quokka bed base!! So incredibly easy to assemble. No toxic glues or varnishes. The oak timber is beautiful. Extremely solid with no creeking. Would highly recommend the Quokka company for quality, advice and service.

Purchased in December 2020 for $700.00.

Katz

KatzPerth, WA

Solid workmanship, will last for decades I suspect

The best features of the frames I purchase are that is had a floating frame (= no stubbed toes)
PLUS the mattress sits on a flat platform, not recesses into a frame. This is critical because most new mattresses manufacturers today advise turning a mattress end-to-end every time you change your sheets. This frame makes that process simple - nearly a one-handed-endeavour.

Purchased in December 2020.

Warren

Warren Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stylish timeless design

The bed is incredibly easy to assemble, fits squarely together without effort or force, beautifully designed and made. A quality piece of furniture that adds aesthetic appeal to the bedroom.

Purchased in November 2020.

Madeleine N.

Madeleine N.Sydney, NSW

Great product. 100% worth the investment.

Purchased in October 2020.

Kymberly

KymberlySouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality Australian Timber Bed!!!

Purchased in October 2020 at Quokka Beds for $755.00.

Exactly what we wanted

Quokka beds ticked all the boxes: Australian-make, high quality, elegantly simple, use of sustainably sourced timber. Service was excellent, delivery convenient and the beds simple to assemble and lovely to sleep on.

Amanda

AmandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I am so delighted with this bed base I don't know where to start!

Purchased in October 2020 for $1,055.00.

david

davidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect, it's exactly what I was after. A solid good looking bed frame

Easily assembled even for a novice like me. The bed frame is solid , made with quality parts and looks like it will last for years. The design is simple and timeless.

Purchased in May 2020.

HappyDanceasked

Hello everyone! I have a brand new Sleeping Duck QS mattress and would really love to put it on a Quokka base. Has anyone done this? I’m wary that SD 10-year warranty stipulates 2 middle-support feet as well as outside 4. Would this even be an issue? The Quokka base is the best-looking one I’ve seen, not to mention it ticks the other boxes of being Australian made and quality-driven. Would love to hear what you think.

Quokka B.Quokka Beds

Hi there! In fact, Sleeping Duck have confirmed with us directly that our bed base is supportive enough to withhold their warranty! Here is what they said (feel free to confirm with them too):

"I've passed this information to our engineering team and they have confirmed the structure sounds quite solid. In this case, two supporting beams are not mandatory to validate warranty as this construction and material take great force to bend. As you will be using solid timber slats that are wide enough and spaced out narrowly, as well as having a central rail and grounded support, this should have enough stability for our mattress.

I can ensure that your base complies with our warranty standard and you will be covered under 10 years."

Happy sleeping!
The Quokka Team

HappyDance

That’s fantastic to hear (and a relief). Thanks Quokka Team. I’ll be in touch to discuss ordering.

Annie

Annieasked

What are the quokka mattresses like in comparison to a memory foam mattress ?

Hi Annie,

Our Latex Mattress is made of consistent, 100% Natural Latex. It is significantly different from Memory Foam, as they are both different materials. Although both considered to be highly durable mattress materials, Latex has a natural lifespan used as a mattress for up to 20 years, whereas Memory Foam lasts about 10 years. Latex is also more eco-friendly due to its manufacturing processes as it comes from the sap of a rubber tree, and Memory Foam generally uses more synthetic materials.

However, it is completely personal preference. Some prefer the feel and support of Latex, and some do not! The good thing is we offer a 100-Night Comfort Guarantee if you ever need to swap your Latex layers (as they are not glued together!) and you can customise your firmness from home. We also offer full returns too.

Hope this helps! Feel free to email us at support@quokkabeds.com.au if you have any further queries.
Kind Regards,
Elise
Quokka Beds Team

Get an answer from our members and Quokka Beds representatives

Features:

• The Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base is available in jarrah wood or oak wood, making for a durable bed that will last.
  • It's made from sustainable timber sourced from Australia, so you can stress less about the environmental impact of your bed.
  • It comes in a wide variety of bed frame sizes, ranging from single to super king, making it suitable for any bedroom.
  • Quokka claims that this bed frame will only take one person 3 minutes to assemble.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that the beds were simple to assemble, with the majority putting them together swiftly and without problems.
  • Many people received excellent customer service, with their bed frames delivered in a short amount of time.
  • Reviewers complimented the design and said that the timber frame felt solid and sturdy.

Points to consider:

• Although the majority of reviewers were able to assemble their beds within 10 minutes, very few were able to construct theirs in the advertised 3 minutes.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Excellent build quality and ease of assembly are the stand-out factors that allowed Quokka Beds to win the 2021 Award for the Beds category.

Emma Original MattressAd