Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base

Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base

See the Best Beds in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Quokka Beds

Pros

Fast delivery
Easy to assemble
Excellent build quality

Cons

Takes longer than the advertised 3 mins to assemble

• Ease of Assembly

Ella C.
Ella C.Perth, WA

Sturdy, High Quality and Stylish

Extremely happy with our new bed from Quokka Beds! We ordered the jarrah floating bed base and are so impressed with the quality of the bed. Beautifully made and not a single creak as advertised! It's great to know we have a well-made, high-quality bed frame by a local business that we can keep forever. Love how it looks in our room and very easy to assemble!

Purchased in March 2022 for $1,450.

The no creak base

Our floating Jarrah bed base is so nice. We love the fact that it does not creak. It is simple, minimalist and elegant. I recommend this to anyone who loves timber and who wants to avoid stubbing their toes on the legs.

Quokka B.Quokka BedsSend a private message

Hi Betty, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It really means a lot to us as a small business.
We are very glad that you are loving the bed. Sleep happy :)
Kind regards, Aina and the team at Quokka beds

David
DavidVictoria

Sturdy

Was looking for a bed base that could properly support a King mattress without the risk of any sagging. Quokka Beds fits the bill. Very strong support with 8 legs (4 on the outer edge and 4 through the centre of the bed) and 48 timber slats. Perfect for what we were after.

Purchased in March 2022 for $1,455.

Hi David,
We are glad to hear the bed frame was everything you were after. It's incredibly sturdy and can hold up to 600kg.
Sleep Happy!
Kind regards, Aina and the team at Quokka beds.

Renee
ReneePerth, WA

Very happy with our new bed base , mattress and pillows!

I have previously owned a base from quokka beds so knew they were high quality. My new bed has lived up to its predisessor- we love it. Sturdy and easy to put together, with a simple design that would suit any room. We also got a mattress and pillow - both are very comfortable, we are very happy with our purchase. On top of the quality products, the team at quokka are excellent to deal with and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new bed

Purchased in January 2022.

Find out how Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base compares to other Beds

Exactly what we were looking for

We have been searching for a simple bed base and couldn’t find what we wanted. Finally I stumbled across quokka after our last bed broke. It’s good quality, sturdy and soooo easy to put together and take apart. I did it by myself. It will be convenient to move with us since we are Renting and it’s compact so it’s great for our tiny bedroom. The base is also the same size as a mattress so it doesn’t stick out - no more bumping our shins or toes!

Purchased in January 2022 at Quokka Beds.

Quokka B.Quokka BedsSend a private message

Easy assembly and looks great

Assembly was super easy. Even alone it took only a few minutes. Looks great. Love that it's Aussie made from local, sustainable timber. Had an issue with the headboard wobbling and creaking, but now much improved thanks to fast and helpful customer service. Would give 5 stars, if not for this issue.

Purchased in March 2022.

AChristie
AChristiePerth, WA

Fantastic customer service and product

I love the bed base but I chose the wrong colour. They immediately helped me sort it out, not a problem at all. I was really impressed considering they are made to order. I really appreciated it as I thought I was going to be stuck with it. Now I have exactly what I wanted and it is excellent quality.

Purchased in March 2022.

Hi there,
Thank you for your lovely feedback, it means a lot to us as a small business.
We are very glad we could assist with swapping the colour, and you are very happy with the bed frame :)
Sleep Happy! Aina and the Quokka team

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Beautiful bed base, couldn't be happier!

We love so many things about this bed base - aussie made, sustainable, and even a lifetime guarantee... but its also a gorgeous design, and super easy to put together! Also received fantastic customer service when I contacted them about our order- Couldn't be happier ☺

Purchased in January 2022.

Hi Deanna,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it means a lot to us as a small business! We are very happy to hear that it was easy to put together and you love the design. Sleep Happy! Aina and the Quokka Team

Exactly what we were seeking

Purchased in December 2021.

Find out how Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base compares to other Beds

Loving my Quokka bed base!

Beautiful and simple white oak floating bed base design. Very quick and easy to assemble. Sturdy and strong with no squeaks. Excellent quality and great price. Highly recommend supporting this incredible Australian business!

Purchased in October 2021.

Ease of Assembly
Elena
ElenaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beautiful wood, beautiful piece of furniture!

Our new Quokka Beds jarrah floating bed base is beautiful, was easy to put together and indeed does not squeak. Looks great in the Jarrah timber and excellent quality build with a lovely finish. Great price and service, would recommend.

Purchased in March 2022 at Quokka Beds.

Hi Elena,
Thank you so much for your kind review - we take a lot of pride in making good quality timber bed bases and to hear you are enjoying it is amazing!
Kind regards, Aleksandra and the team here at Quokka Beds

Robin C.
Robin C.Mid North Coast, NSW

The base exceeds my expectation.

It only took around 10 minutes to put together, which was an absolute delight.
I've had very comfortable sleeps since the arrival of the bed base & the appearance is so understated & smart looking.

Purchased in December 2021 at Quokka Beds for $1,200.

AAA
AAASouth East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful, high quality, all Aussie product.

Delighted with the Quokka bed base in tassie oak. Discovered this product whilst searching for an alternative to the sleeping-duck-koala-made-in-china-type-options. Delighted to discover and support an all Australian product. Even happier now that I have the bed base. It’s nicely built, sturdy, elegant, and I put it together in 5 mins (maybe 8 if you count opening the boxes). Can confirm it does not squeak. 100% would recommend and would repurchase.

Purchased in January 2022 for $850.

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your lovely review! It means a lot to us as a small business. We are so glad to hear that you are very happy with the bed base. Sleep Happy!
Aina and the team at Quokka Beds

Lives up to the reviews

With covid, shipping delays, and supply issues it did take a few months to receive the bed, but it was definitely worth it. No buyers remorse here, the bed is as advertised - squeak free. I got the floating frame, which looks fantastic. I also appreciate that I won't be kicking my toes on the frame legs in the morning. Still waiting on an the side tables to arrive, I'll update once I receive

Quokka B.Quokka BedsSend a private message

Hi Scott, thank you for your lovely review.
We are sorry for the delivery delays, but we thank you for your patience! Glad to hear you are loving the bed.
Sleep happy!
Aina and the team at Quokka beds.

Llorris
LlorrisSydney, NSW

This bed answered all my bed problems

The order was placed in December and arrived wihtin the stated delivery time - in fact it arrived earlier than the maximum time started. It arrived in two very thick cardboard boxes in perfect condition.

Then asembly was easy and quick. The jarrah sides and base and headboard were sturdy & well-finished.

The brackets fitted easily as did the slats.

The bird is very sturdy with no squeaks.

I highly recommend the product and the service.

Purchased in December 2021 at The manufacturer for $1,200.

HappyDanceasked

Hello everyone! I have a brand new Sleeping Duck QS mattress and would really love to put it on a Quokka base. Has anyone done this? I’m wary that SD 10-year warranty stipulates 2 middle-support feet as well as outside 4. Would this even be an issue? The Quokka base is the best-looking one I’ve seen, not to mention it ticks the other boxes of being Australian made and quality-driven. Would love to hear what you think.

HappyDance

That’s fantastic to hear (and a relief). Thanks Quokka Team. I’ll be in touch to discuss ordering.

Annie
Annieasked

What are the quokka mattresses like in comparison to a memory foam mattress ?

Get an answer from our members and Quokka Beds representatives

Features:

• The Quokka Beds Timber Bed Base is available in jarrah wood or oak wood, making for a durable bed that will last.
  • It's made from sustainable timber sourced from Australia, so you can stress less about the environmental impact of your bed.
  • It comes in a wide variety of bed frame sizes, ranging from single to super king, making it suitable for any bedroom.
  • Quokka claims that this bed frame will only take one person 3 minutes to assemble.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that the beds were simple to assemble, with the majority putting them together swiftly and without problems.
  • Many people received excellent customer service, with their bed frames delivered in a short amount of time.
  • Reviewers complimented the design and said that the timber frame felt solid and sturdy.

Points to consider:

• Although the majority of reviewers were able to assemble their beds within 10 minutes, very few were able to construct theirs in the advertised 3 minutes.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Excellent build quality and ease of assembly are the stand-out factors that allowed Quokka Beds to win the 2021 Award for the Beds category.