RAA Home and Contents

RAA Home and Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Royal Automotive Association

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (5) · No (4)
Peter
Peter

Terrible service, kept my policy running after saying it was cancelled.

Ross C.
Ross C.South Australia

Disgusting lack of response

Placed a claim for damage caused by the hail storm in October 2021. Its now almost march 2022 and still nothing despite repeated emails asking where my claim is at. I've paid for an electrician to verify my claim of electric motor failure so I'm further out of pocket. I've now lost patience with RAA and am cancelling policies with them despite being a customer for the past 20 years. I figure my current claim is a lost cause. I DO NOT RECOMMEND RAA INSURANCE of any sort. Very disgruntled

Matt
MattMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute thieves who look for any way to get out of a claim - AVOID!

Hopeless, stressful, worst experience ever

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how RAA Home and Contents compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Serge
SergeSouthern and Hills, SA

Do not go with RAA. Horrible customer service and will not cover you for anything leaving there insurance worth nothing

RAA stated they would cover inner ceiling damage caused by water leak through my roof. After providing them all information and my building inspection they then refused to even cover what they originally said they would. They have refused to let me speak to a manager when I have asked to and have spoken horrible to me on multiple occasions. Also refused to discuss make safe strategies for my property while I escalated my complaint. Do not buy insurance from RAA it is worthless and they are immoral.

Sylvia
SylviaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Leaking dishwasher claim and a $400 gap payment. Unable to work due to getting cancer. RAA waived the gap , I'm forever grateful. Thankyou RAA you got a customer for life

David S.
David S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is nothing more than legalized theft !

It appears they have been taking money from you for years under false pretenses only to deny any valid claim. This is nothing more than legalized theft. I will be cancelling all of my policies with this mob and going to Allianz !

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Michael H
Michael HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Employs deceptive Engineers to assess claims who fake evidence

Jacki Skinner
Jacki SkinnerCentral Queensland, QLD

Home and contents

Lodged a claim for stolen earrings ,they gave poor customer service and declined the claim for theft putting it under accidental damage, because we were renovating and had tradesmen in our house, we couldn’t prove when the theft had happened , refusing the claim by stating tradesmen were authorised to be in our house! we have been with the RAA since 1985 time for a rethink

Steve.B
Steve.BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service!! Avoid at all costs!

So much trouble

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Frencham8
Frencham8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy Home Insurance

Over the years I have been with a number of insurance companies, but I have always gone back to the RAA for their high standard of customer service. They are so easy to deal with and I cant speak more highly enough about them.

ClaireMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Home and Contents Insurance after Grass-fire damage

We recently had to make a claim after a grass-fire damaged our fence and the house had smoke damage.
The insurance assessor was very prompt and arrived to asses the damage one week after the fire.
There were no problems with any part of the claim and we got money to replace the fence 2 weeks after submitting the quote.
The assessor organised for our mains water pipe to be replaced, painting of the walls and ceiling,carpet and rug cleaning, curtain cleaning, air conditioner cleaning and even organizing an air purifier for a weeks hire to clean the air.
I could not recommend RAA Insurance high enough for coming through when they were needed.
Thanks RAA

Jason.
Jason.Far West, NSW

No coverage for old house

They accept insurance premiums on our old house but won't cover anything because of age. What a rip off.
Over priced and use what ever loop hole they can to get out of paying.

Naturalee