RAA Home and Contents

RAA Home and Contents

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Naturalee

Claim DateOctober 2019

Fraidon

FraidonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not happy with RAA at all. Bunch of thieves

lease please don't go with RAA. I had comprehensive car insurace with RAA and was Agreed value when i insured my car, ihad a car accident in victoria i went for a short holiday and when i called them to make a claim they assessed the car and said its a total loss and we will pay you the settlement, they called me again and said the agreed value is too hight and the market value is only 18k, why would you even accept the agreed value when you think its high? Why would you charge me extra for premium when i chose the agreed value? . I will take this to my lawyer and take it forward to the court.

Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Cara72

Cara72Eyre Peninsula, SA

Contents

Haven't made a claim but seemed pretty run-of-the-mill to me. I haven't ever had to make a real claim with any insurance company, so I guess that's where the real proof will be when and if that time comes!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeNo
Jackie

Jackie

Accidental damage claim

Agree with the others posting about their ridiculous process for accidental damage claims. Xbox won't work since we moved house. They expect me to take it to a repairer, get them to write a report and pay the costs for that (which I may get back). What is the point of accidental damage cover if they expect all the reasons why it doesn't work anymore? And the excess is $150 on that when it is $100 on my insurance policy. I cancelled the claim and yet it sits under "completed claims" on my account. It should be deleted as it was NOT completed. I'm really disappointed and think the process is completely ridiculous.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeNo

Trish

TrishMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent, quick service.

I had a broken ipad pro 10.5 that I made a claim for on our accidental damage. RAA were fast and efficient. I was more than pleased with their service. They did ask for proof of the ipad specs which was no problem.
A few years back my husband had a car accident and our car was written off. Again RAA provided fast and efficient service.
I am happy with RAA and based on our experience with them would recommend them to others.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019

BronAdelaide

Lost Keys

Never could believe me

I had an incident with someone's car and I was discussing the matter with raa staff over the phone and whatever I said, she said I am wrong and asked me evidence and whatever the other party reported, she accepted. I felt that I am negotiating with other party's LAWYER, not raa customer service. I have two cars insured with raa and wanted to insure my home with them,as well, but got the lesson to find a better insurance company. Raa is an excellent insurance company as long as you keep, calmly, paying them. When it comes to costumer service? fever and pain!

Rozz K
Rozz K
RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Rozz, thanks for sending this information through. I've passed this onto our team to investigate for you and asked them to give you a call to discuss. Kind regards, Laura

DisgustedAdelaide

Dodgy, dishonest, unethical liars

Appalling unethical behaviour, took months to deal with a valid claim, then tried to refuse it on incorrect information, failed to disclose hidden policies, tried to change a policy retrospectively to avoid paying a claim, very stressful experience. Very unprofessional, incompetent company. Don't deal with them, they will do anything to avoid paying a claim!

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Thank you for sharing this information, we can understand this would have been frustrating. If you'd ever like to provide your claim number at so that we can look into the specifics, we can use this to improve our processes. Kind regards, Laura

Adam K

Adam KAdelaide

iPhone X was lost on a trip and dealing with Optus insurance resulted in 3 hours of being on the phone waiting and being told different information by different people. RAA sorted by claim in 10 minutes on the phone and approved in less than 24 hours. Thank you RAA.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Adam, thanks for writing us a review and so glad to hear you've been so happy with our insurance! Cheers, Laura

Nonsense company

Claim their road side premium membership covers majority of services, but when I had a flat TYRE and no spare, they claiming the towing included in my membership doesn’t count as it isn’t a mechanical issue and needed to pay an additional $100. Called again the next day for them to change the TYRE but refused as it wasn’t on the rim. Nonsense company, waste of $200 membership. Will not be joining again.

Insurance claim madeNo

Pakman

PakmanBrighton

WARNING - Do not use RAA!

* Do not go anywhere near this organisation. They are liars, cheats and thieves, providing all promises but fabricating evidence when a claim is presented. My simple claim was around $1000 and has been drawn out for over three months before being finally disallowed. The net result, now cancelling three car policies, two house policies and two roadside covers as I do not want anything to do with these crooks. No doubt they are very proud of themselves!

Rachel1993

Rachel1993Port Lincoln

Claiming damaged phone has been a hassle

Poor Service

Claimed my IPHONE on accidental damage as that's why I have it.
Got a letter from Apple, stating it needed to be replaced.
Now they are telling me that i have to take it into the store to be sent to the head office before they will replace it.
I have a letter why else do I need to wait.

Took it into a branch now and told would be sent off straight away, Called again, haven't received it yet.
In the mean time I have to wait without a phone, for them to receive it.
GRRR Thinking of cancelling my policy.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Tiff, sorry to hear you have had issues with our customer service for claims. I will send this feedback on to our team to review. Thanks again for taking the time to write in. Kind regards, Gemma

Unhappy

Customer support is very poor for existing customers. I rang with a simple question about to seek for information about my increased premium and the 'customer support person' over the phone was really rude and raised his voice at me. Customer support service treat customers with contempt.

Insurance claim madeNo
RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Kesha, thank you for taking the time to review our insurance. I will ensure this feedback is passed on to our team to help review our customer service for claims. Kind regards, Gemma

pc55

pc55Adelaide

RAA Home and Contents Insurance Claim - Prompt excellent Service by local SA Service Team

This week I needed to make a claim for food spoilage after major flooding and storms caused significant power failures across the state. My claim was actioned promptly by the caring and dedicated team at RAA Insurance. My claim was completed in less than 2 days. Now that is service. Well done RAA Insurance.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi PC55, thank you for this feedback, it is great to hear. I will ensure it is passed on to our team. Kind regards, Gemma

pinery fire

they just ignore you when you make a claim to do with an exsiting issue if they do not want to deal with it. no phone call and nothing in writing. they are so rude and treat their customers with comtempt.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our services. I will ensure your feedback is sent on to our team to help review our service levels. Kind regards, Gemma

It's refreshing to speak with local customer service

I've been with RAA for several years and they have always been a pleasure to deal with. Friendly customer service, prompt attendance and peace of mind. What more can you ask for?

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Carlo, thank you for this great feedback. It's lovely to hear that we could help you. I will ensure this is sent on to our team. Kind regards, Gemma

Major fire still not finalised. Dealing with incompetent thieves helping themselves to family belong

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service and recommended

Recently switched to RAA after 20 years with other insurers. Unfortunately, my laptop (which is essential for my work) was stolen last weekend. I felt terrible about claiming so soon after taking out the policy, but RAA were absolutely superb and the ladies who assisted me were first-class. Speedy, zero hassle and friendly. I would thoroughly recommend them.

robin.chokAdelaide, South Australia

Not the RAA we used to know

Natalie W.

Natalie W.asked

Is my lost/stolen mobile phone covered by contents insurance?

Disgusted

Hi Natalie I can’t answer that question, you will have to ask them depending on your policy. If they say no, don’t take their word for it, read your policy and double check. We found them appalling to deal with. They went to extraordinary lengths to not pay a small, valid claim. They eventually paid it as it was very clearly covered under our policy and we started action with the Insurance Ombudsman but the whole experience was very unpleasant. We were lied to, they withheld evidence when we asked for phone recordings which proved what we had told them, they even retrospectively changed a policy! We cancelled our policy with them and are now insured with a much more reputable business. I strongly suggest you find another insurer. Imagine what would happen if you had a big claim!!!

Bron

If there is nothing on the phone to identify you, they will probably reject your claim. Try to claim it and if rejected complain to the Ombudsman. I have found them helpful. I am still waiting on a resolution re my lost keys. Have sent them quotes but have no reply yet.

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi Natalie, depending on your policy and options you've chosen your mobile phone could be covered. The best option would be to give us a call on 8202 4567 so we can check your policy for you and provide advice on how to make sure you're covered for the things you need, like a mobile phone or laptop etc. Kind regards, Laura

john k

john kasked

My son dropped his mobile phone from his shirt pocket whilst on the roof of our house it has smashed beyond repair the phone is on an optus plan with a $500 cost for replacement is this covered under our home and contents insurance accidental damage?

RAA o.Royal Automotive Association

Hi John, so sorry to hear your son's phone is broken! We can certainly check whether this would be covered under your insurance policy for you, are you able to please provide your full name and policy number, as well as your DOB and address (for privacy) to online@raa.com.au? Cheers, Laura

Carly

Carlyasked

Does RAA have a branch and staff who live and work in SA.? Just comparing with SGIC who's staff work interstate

Cheryl B
Cheryl B

Hi they sure do many branches in SA

Get an answer from our members and Royal Automotive Association representatives