Renault Captur J87

Renault Captur J87 (2015-2020)

Also referred to as: Renault Captur J87 2019 and Renault Captur J87 2021. Expression, Dynamique, Expression+, etc...

• Acceleration / Power
  • Features
  • Comfort

JoyVictoria

Great versatile little car

Purchased in December 2019.

TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)
BoughtUsed
Year2016

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car but the aircon is always struggling when the ambient is above 28

Does any other Captur owners have issues with their aircon? My car struggles to provide cool air when the ambient is above 28 so here in Brisbane, that is most of the time in summer.
Renault dealer says there is nothing wrong. Going back next week and will do a screamer if they again tell me there is nothing wrong. In traffic, it stops blowing cold air. Stop at the traffic lights? Stops blowing cold air. Would be interested to hear from other Captur owners. Thanks,

Purchased in September 2016 for $30,000.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
BoughtNew
Year2015
Goldie1951

Goldie1951Gippsland, VIC

Best car I have ever lwned

I have had my Renault for 3 years. It is very comfortable to drive. You feel like hour stepping up into it. The only issue I have with it is the section around the windscreen are a little too wide,making it a little hard to see pedestrians.

Purchased in August 2016 for $29,990.00.

BoughtNew
Year2015

Small / Compact SUVs

Find out how Renault Captur J87 compares to other Small / Compact SUVs

LaurindaQueensland, 4207

Perfect combination of small but roomy.

BadgeDynamique
Date PurchasedMar 2018
Andrew

Andrew

Update model (MY 2018) fantastic

The Update model (MY2018) has everything you could need on a car. It's fully optioned. It drives well, ahndles well, and is comfortable. Note that the automatic transmission isnt a normal one. It is actually a DSG gearbox, or a manual gearbox that the computer shifts gears. The dual clutch menas that it drives just a manual, giving it great fuel economy. On a hill you will roll back, but there is hill start assist. My wife finds this a bit annoying but I have no issues. Overall its amazing that you can get a car with so many features for the price. A classy car.

BadgeIntens
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Looking for new one

Looking for new onemelbourne

Pricey for what it is

We had our renault for under two months before all the troubles started. Although we managed to get them repaired with renault it was such a hassle getting them done. We wouldn't recommend buying from Barry Bourke Renault as the service was terrible in the end when it came to requesting repairs.

The Bluetooth connectivity is the worst on the market, even the salesman admitted that and you'd think in this ay and age they'd fix that before selling the vehicle.

If we could we probably would have gone with a different car if we knew all the problems we were going to have.
Other than that its a nice car to look at and the seat warmers are nice in winter

BadgeExpression+
Transmissiondual clutch
Date PurchasedMar 2016
Suraj

SurajSydney

Love the driving experience !!

We have had our Renault Captur for 3 months and find it so easy to drive. Its fully loaded with all the features of the top end car.The seats are also very comfortable. It has a decent size boot space and we have shipped so much furniture folding the rear seats. I can say we got almost all our boxes ticked with this car.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Pickles

Pickles

Renault Captur 2017

We have had our Renault Captur for 3 months and find it so easy to drive. It is an excellent vehicle for empty nesters like us or a young person too. It is very smooth and quiet to drive and we have to be careful not to speed.
The seats are also very comfortable. Only negative is the lack of storage space and only 1 full size drink holder in the front.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Mel

MelGosford

Captured

Easy to use interfaces Sat Nav, radio etc Simplicity, nice to drive , getting 6.8l per 100kms, handles fine, the inclusions were good, expression model.
Bluetooth works fine with my iPhone, I noticed reviews to the contrary,
Renault has got it right even with the shape!(Mazda designer)
I would recommend as a small car to anyone, only negative is not e10 compatible

Small / Compact SUVs

Find out how Renault Captur J87 compares to other Small / Compact SUVs

SeamusWollongong

It grows on you and you will never loose it in a car park full of white hatch backs

Seamus

I am so glad I changed my brand at the last minute and bought this car

TransmissionManual
NikC

NikCSydney, NSW

I just upgraded and I smile every time I get to drive it!

BadgeDynamique

Rachel S.

Rachel S.asked

Hi everyone
We are thinking of buying a used 2015 Renault Captur but we’re just wondering what it was like on parts if we needed parts at any stage? Are the parts for the vehicle cheap? And is it easy enough to get parts in Western Australia?
Rachel

Stephen

Hi Rachel. My CAptur is still under warranty but they had to replace the air con compressor and it was available ex stock

Joy

Hi Rachel, most common parts would be readily available if needed. Parts that are rare to be replaced will have to come from France. Normally it's a 2 week time period for a critical part. You can always look to source parts from other capturs that have been written off etc but their sample size in Aus/WA would be lesser than let’s say a common car like a Corolla

Helen P.asked

The auto has no power for taking off around roundabouts
How do people do to overcome this problem

Stephen

Hi Helen, its something you have to factor in to your driving. No engineered solution. I understand where you are coming from, you put your foot on the accelerator and there is no response immediately. I have been driving the Renault Captur now for 4 years and you just have to compensate for the lack of immediate power

Helen P.

I will be getting rid of it before I get killed at a roundabout
Differently dangerous

Laurinda

This was the problem when I first purchased my Renault. Many modern vehicles have the start stop function to save on emissions and fuel. You can deactivate this function if you wish; check on YouTube. I have found releasing my foot off the break pedal and slightly depressing the Excelerator brings the engine back on and I have had no problem since. Good luck. I love my Renault! Ring your dealer and I’m sure they would also help you.

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives