Renault Koleos HZG Intens

Renault Koleos HZG Intens (2016-2019)

FWD Petrol (2016-2019), 4WD Diesel (2016-2019) and 4WD Petrol (2016-2019)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Vehicle EXCEPT our dealer promised update to Apple /Android Auto on purchase, still waiting!!

Could not be happier with my 2017 Intens.
Purchased in September 2017
However, at time of purchase, we were told by the salesman at Metro Renault that Apple Play & Android Auto software feature (which we don't have) was to be updated as soon as Renault released it.
After numerous phone calls requesting the update, we've been told that there isn't an update for our model.
** Very disappointed with Metro Renault making promises at the time of purchase and not keeping their word**

We'll soon make another phone call to check on the availability of an update to equip our Renault koleos with Apple Play/Android Auto and if we get the same answer, we'll be referring this matter to Renault regarding Metro Renault unkept promise.

Metro Renault can contact us if they wish. They've got details of the sale and phone calls on their books.

Otherwise GREAT Vehicle and very happy after nearly a year and a half.

M

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Itens, still the best!!!

Looked for so long for new or used car that fitted what I needed and wanted. I live with some special physical needs due to illness and really was after something long term, but it also had to be multi purpose [tow, on road, off road, animals, adults, kids, long distance, shopping etc..] I mean it was a long list & I was prepared to spend to get it. Also I wanted all the nice little luxury bits & pieces you'd expect from top range cars. Months went by [I am really fussy] no luck, one reason or another nope, even top of the scale cars Mercs, Audi, BMW, and I looovvvee these cars but always something. And then I walked past the Renault showroom, just looking at the new stuff, wandered inside & there stood the new Intens. I kid you not it was love at first sight, it had everything including semi-auto park & mood lighting, 4wd, 7 speed, you name it & sexy looks. Big question, ease of access, comfort long term & ride?? Test drive, that was it, no more questions. This thing was so new they didn't have a price yet and the dealer was still reading the manual. When I found out how much she was, I bought the one I tested right off the floor. Just added a tow pack, that was it!!!! Nothing stacked up against it, still doesn't. She's been put through everything I could throw at her at has never missed a beat, even covered in mud dust & bird poo she still has people commenting on how lovely she is & when they look inside, well wow!!! and when I get in I still love how she says hello. This a real owner review, this is a real car & a daily drive & we live in the country, so she has been truly tested, even 9 straight hours of highway. No rattles, no trim problems, nothing. Give her a clean & she still looks showroom. Ok I'll go now.....

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great value for money

Needed to change to a family car and have been comparing Koleos with Mazda CX5. After doing test drive for both cars, I found that their performance are very close to each other. I like that you can hardly notice gearbox changing with Koleos. Although some people have complained about engine noise, I still find it fairly quiet.
With our budget, we were able to get the Koleos top model with sunroof, tinted windows, leather seats, automatic tailgate and Bose sound system etc. However, if we were going for CX5, we can only get the basic model which is without all of the above.
The other things that Koleos ticked our boxes are the look and its legroom. We have received so many compliments and no one would believe this car is such good value.
Absolutely enjoying all that this car has to offer!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love the koleos intens

Great car . love the driving experience . Engine and cvt transmission suits us as a older couple. Technology a bit daunting downloaded R Link manual getting used to slowly. Auto tailgate doesn't work with towbar . Dealer said they can fix this . Overall 5 stars. 5 year warranty and roadside assist.

BadgeIntend
Date PurchasedSep 2017
As mentioned auto tailgate didn’t work after fitting towbar. Dealer fitted a additional harness and remounted the sensor . Works Well .

New Koleos - too many issues ruin a great car

Owned 2 previous Koleos, so excited when the new model arrived.

Whats good - loads of tech, more legroom, smooth ride, awesome BOSE sound system.

What's bad - engine is too under-powered for the size. The cruise control can't hold the speed without the revs screaming on a hill. The bonnet design is poor. The wind gets under it on the freeway and it bounces around looking like it will fly off. I have had people pull up next to me on the freeway gesturing that my bonnet catch is not done up. Some of the tech is complex to use and dangerous to navigate through while driving. The phone interface is poor. Given up on it recognising my commands - never a problem on the previous model. Had the Renault dealer fit a Renault towbar - which wiped out the foot controlled boot release and shows an annoying rear parking sensor fault whenever I tow anything. The boot raising (and closing) mechanism works about 70% of the time. The proximity key is so sensitive, if you have it on you you can't walk around the car to the other side without it locking the car again. The speed camera detector which tells you to reduce speed often doesn't stop telling you to slow down - even when stopped at a red light. Loved the chilled glove box on the old model - which they got rid of. Now you have a vent with cold air in the drink holder. Except the lever to open and close the vent operates vertically so as you slide a can or bottle of drink in the holder, it closes the vent.... On narrower country roads, the auto dimming high beam detects its own light and dims the lights.

Could be a great car ... but sadly isn't. Rang Renault H/O in Australia on two occasions about issues and never got a return call. If they don't or won't listen to their customers, they wont be able to improve their vehicles.

Date PurchasedDec 2016