Renault Koleos

• Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

Endless Issues

Was so excited when we purchased this car. Beautiful and full of features. Unfortunately after 19 returns for warranty and over 7 months off the road we fell out of love and found ourselves in a world of hurt trying to get compensation from Renault. Literally writing this review whilst on the phone doing mediation with our dealership trying to get a result.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$53,000.00.

Stevenj32CHADSTONE

Average SUV at best

Purchased in February 2017 at Renault.

LisaM

LisaMForrest

Very disappointed with my koleos

I have had endless problems with my koleos since the first week I bought it from the dealership. Even getting repairs done under warranty were a problem through Renault. Annoying.

Purchased in May 2012 at Renault for A$32,500.00.

Year2012

AM24

AM24Perth, WA

The hidden Gem in the SUV market

Purchased in December 2019 for A$49,000.00.

Year2019
Gediminas K.

Gediminas K.Tasmania

Good car in overall

We bought our Koleos few years ago, for around $15k as it is Privilege MY11 4x4 version f late 2011. Color is beautiful white pearl, pretty practical, as the dust and dirt is not as visible as on black or darker colors. Could be more economical, as it is around 10l/100km in the city. Although on the highway is really good as for SUV, with around 6.5l/100km. Have some issues with tailgate and pump of windscreen fluid, as water is not being sprayed on a windscreen anymore. Did many road trips, driving on a dirt roads, on the beach, never had big issues.
In overall, very good value and 4/5 stars.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$15,000.00.

Year2011
Ranko46

Ranko46Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This could have been a really good car

Purchased in June 2017 at Renault for A$36,000.00.

Disappointed

DisappointedSouthwest, VIC

Loved it for the first 5 weeks.

Absolutely loved this vehicle until the first fault within 5 weeks - fast forward 11 months and the vehicle has awaiting its 4th proximity sensor in its short driving live -expect to wait at least a month, closer to 2 for parts (still waiting).
Incredibly disappointed in Renault Australia’s after sales care, if you hear back at all the response is disinterested at best. Dealership is starting to come on board with support to resolve ongoing issue but I’m yet to feel optimistic about a resolution.

Purchased in December 2018 at Renault Ballarat .

Mitchell

Mitchell

No problems after 2.5 years.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$27,800.00.

Jason Cole

Jason ColeIllawarra, NSW

Beautiful Design & Comfort - but buggy!

• +8

Purchased in October 2018 at Gateway Motor Group for A$41,035.00.

Beema41

Beema41South-Eastern Region, NSW

Disgusting service & parts costs

Our 2017 Koleos has cost a fortune to maintain ($1900) for brakes when only travelled 55k. The airbag light comes on daily. Windscreen deal pops out. Unusual noises on start up. Dealer cant fix.

Purchased in April 2017 for A$32,000.00.

Jacqui

Jacqui

windscreen

The foam around the windscreen keeps coming out I have had it fixed twice so far the car is only 12 months old the first time was before the 1000km service

Purchased in September 2018.

David G

David G

Nice car BUT expensive brake problems

Late 2016 model, done 42,ooo K and $2500 in brake costs, nothing covered under warranty, all easy driving around the inner city in Sydney, really not fit for purpose and does not meet what would be a reasonable expectation of running costs for new car.

Purchased in October 2016.

gordon hayes

gordon hayes

computer read out

hello my comp. read out has stopped working ie distance to next refuel,fuel used etc any ideas and all the other function Also auto gear box has singing noise but only occasionally.It sounds like a ball race

Norman M

Norman MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not happy

Just done 30'000kms and car needs front brake rotors, again! First set replaced at circa 15'000 kms under warranty but not without a fight, now it's round 2. Has anyone else experienced this? The car is my wife's daily driver so it's driven quite conservatively.

Purchased in May 2017.

TeeJayIllawarra, NSW

Still looks good and runs well

I do alot highway and mountain roads and small city trips in between. I have already racked up 172,000 km. I have always had it serviced by trained Renault mechanics. I have two minor warranty issues, tailgate lock and wiper motor. All were fixed with no fuss. My only dilemma is how much I paid for the top model vs depreciation. As the car is so good and reliable I am going to run it for a lot longer than I have other cars. I usually get rid of them 6 months before warranty ends but the bells and whistles on this car will keep me satisfied for a bit longer. I have never been happier to keep a car so long and the fuel average after all this time is still sitting on 7.2!

Purchased in June 2013 for A$46,500.00.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Year2013
TeeJay

My average petrol is now sitting at 7 despite a slight increase in city driving. Have hit 183k now

This is the the privilege 4wd diesel

Gary H

Gary HHunter Region, NSW

Promised so much,delivered so little

Purchased in June 2017 at Peter Warren Automotive for A$30,500.00.

Kevin

KevinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stay away.

I bought a brand new Koleos in2017. It now has 40,000 kms and was told today at service that my brakes are 99% worn and I need new brakes and disks (costing $800). The drivers seat is wearing out as is the shift knob. My wife drives the car to work and to drop off the kids it’s not a race car

Purchased in March 2017.

Unusual

Purchased in September 2017.

Year2012
a2latrobe

a2latrobeMelbourne

Good for 5 years till warranty last , now falling apart like a house of cards .

The car was good for 5 years but these are the problems faced in last 1 year and Renault should be ashamed of themselves

1) Break light switch sensor not working . Car wouldn’t start or move . End result lot of headache .

2) Air con stopped working due to faulty heater resistor. Went to three different specialist to figure out the issue . End result lot of time and money wastage

3) extreme vibration in the car when accelerating - needed drive shaft replacement . End result completely lost trust in Renault

4 A old problem has resurfaced again- when going uphill or accelerating hard some clunky noise from the engine .

God save the Renault and the other owners like myself .

Purchased in August 2012.

Year2011
Vic

Vic

Active Braking Disconnected

We don't use this car every day, only done 3000km,
Everytime I drive the car message comes up Active Braking disconnected I took it to village motor northlakes 5 times, first time they told me there was a leaf between the senor I drove for 500m message come up took back to village motor they told me because of the dust I drove for 100m message came up again I took back they told me radar is faulty and its because of dushboard camera, message is not coming up however I don't trust village motor because the reasons they told me was lie

Purchased in August 2018.

Mark C.

Mark C.asked

Koleos

Hi. Does the Koleos, 2019, have automatically folding mirrors when you lock the car? The dealer says it does but we cannot get it to work. We cannot seem to find it in the manual either. MMMM, can we trust a car salesman?

Stevenj32

Trust a carsales man?, no, most know nothing about cars at all, our Koleos has folding mirrors via a button on the arm rest, I believe the intent might have it, that is might, as models differ country to country, the Koleos is available with a normal auto in some countries, alas, not here, don't believe the mirrors fold auto, hope your Renault is up to your standard, a few more months and we sell ours, thank goodness, cant stand the vibration in the transmission any longer.

Mary C

Mary Casked

HZG Intens FWD Petrol (2016-2020)

Can I set anything/anywhere to get the side mirrors to fold automatically when I leave the car? At the moment I have to use the switch on the driver's side door. Can't find anywhere in the controls to set to fold automatically.

bruceasked

Koleos H45 (2008-2015)

hi I have a 2014 Koleos cvt with 120000km on it
no problems except when the battery is flat it must have more than 12 volts available also check terminals and if mounting bracket is lose this will give you all your warning lights.
I would like to know if I should service the transmission or leave it sealed.
it is great to drive especially on the dangerous M1 out of sydney
I am getting 8.3 litres/100 on 91 octane.

Stevenj32

The CVT needs an oil change, they quite commonly go at about 160,000kms,if not serviced and they are not repairable, at about $7000 to $9000 for a new one, we will sell our Koleos in one years time, just before the warranty runs out, as I don't trust the CVT, also our engine uses oil, not a lot, but still some from new, not good, I don't think I would buy another SUV with a cvt in it, ours gets about 7.8 litres per hundred on 98 fuel, hope this helps.

Thanks very much

Philip
Philip

The car shouldn't be using any oil at 120,000. Are you using the correct renault spec 5w-40? Nissan uses 5w-30 but that's for fuel economy reasons, and 5w-40 is for smoothness and longevity. This engine loves shell Ultra full synthetic. CVT servicing depends on how dirty it gets according to sensors - but preventative at 150,000k (normal driving conditions) is recommended if you found a good specialist.

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs