Renault Koleos HZG Zen

Renault Koleos HZG Zen (2016-2019)

Superb Car

Extremely happy with the Koleas, Zen 2017. Only fault is the pho-leather seats in Summer. Lambswool seat covers will fix. The Turning circle is not as good as Rav 4. However, its a great vehicle, with all the gadgets needed. Would highly recommend. French Design, Japanese engineering, Korean built. Welcome to the 21 st century.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

So far so good

*more car for your $$$
*Drives like a sedan, very little body roll compared to CX5
*Engine and ride very smooth
*Engine can be a little loud when pushed hard, not as loud as CX5
*Infotainment R Link system can take a while to get use to but still good
*Space inside is fantastic, better than 5 seater competitors
*Looks better than most SUVs i think
*7.4 Ltr per 100, awesome!
*So much more safety kit for the money compared to competitors and price
*Center cup holders are a bit of an issue, not a good size
*Slowish off the mark, and in general in ECO mode, makes sense
*Hills i find are no problem for this vehicle, plenty of go...
*Stereo great
*Yes, car locks quickly if you have the key on you and you get out of the car to get something from another door
*I do love the car, its such a cruzer. Not a racer. You want to spend time in it. I do worry about the CVT, As the Nissan reviews arent good. So time will tell. Ive heard aslong as you put the right Oil in the CVT and have it serviced there shouldnt be any issues. 5 yr, unlimited kilometer warranty.
UPDATE>10,000K's, fuel usage dropped to 7.1L/100, still loving the car, use to the CVT now, honestly, I think the car is great. Goes great, feels great. No issues after 10,000K's, we have taken it on heaps of long drives all over NSW, love being in it. Those cup holders are still annoying.

Purchased in September 2018 for $34,600.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Nice family SUV - Zen 4x2

My first SUV, it has got a lot of features for affordable price. Renault's low finance offer has sweetened the deal. Never owned a French car, but very impressed by the Koleos. The Infotainment system and Android Auto are easy to use; a lot of space and legroom compared to others. Great overall look. Comfortable enough for long drive. Would highly recommend to anyone shopping around for comfy and safe family vehicle.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Trouble from Day 1

I bought this car and from day 1 I knew something wasn't right when I drove it out of the showroom. The car would shake/vibrate when ever you had the car in idle (e.g waiting at the traffic lights), the response I got from the dealership was that it was a known issue and a software fix would come to stop the car from acting like this when I complained a day after receiving the car.

After many months of complaints, taking my car in to be looked at; leaving it for days with Renault Australia and taking the matter formally,I was advised that this is actual "normal operation" and to reduce vibration I can drive with the air-conditioner on which actually lifts the engine speed to stop the car from vibrating/shaking. Obviously this is disappointing that a brand new car requires the air-conditioner on 24/7 to stop the car from shaking.To this day I am stuck with the issue, with no way to make the car stop doing it. To give you an indication of this vibration it makes my phone shake around in its holder, something you would expect from a 20 year old car, so its not pleasant to drive. I was advised by Renault that this is "normal operation" so one can expect that all the Koleos cars operate in a similar manner if this is normal.

I loved the car and if it wasn't for this issue I would recommend it to everyone, but in my opinion it would be the last vehicle I would ever buy again.

Other issues experienced with the car:
1. breaks making funny noises every time they are pressed
2. vibration at 80kms an hour through the steering wheel
3. faulty media unit, which was replaced, now this one has other issues and dead pixels.
4. rattles in the cabin and front passenger seat

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love our new car - Zen 4*2

This is our first car. Everything is good and the price is really nice. It includes all basic features that we might use. It is very good value for money. We made a wise decision on it. We bought it at the end of financial year, so got some discount. Overall is good.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Zen 4x2 - Smooth operator!

I am over the moon with this car. It's smooth, economical and full of little luxuries.

After owning a '06 Megane, that is still as reliable as the day it was made, proved it's safety on more than on occasion and our dealer are super-stars, the choice was clean when it was time for us to buy a second car.

I don't have a bad thing to say. If I had to really try, I would say the low idle can feel a little bit un-refined when stationary and the AC isn't running. With that being said, I feel it has lessened over the last couple of months. At the end of the day I would rather this, than an engine with start-stop fitted.

The standard sound system is beautiful, I use the heated seats way more than I thought I would and the climate system is very responsive to changes in temperature and sunlight. Apple car play is a game changer, we use it every single day!

The active safety features are well implemented. I have had the forward emergency braking kick in once and it only did it to support me (wasn't stopping hard enough) and only when you need it to. The rest of the time, they are just in the background, standing guard.

Rear leg room and cargo space was important and doesn't disappoint. No dramas with space when we have multiple passengers.

Fuel economy is fantastic, currently averaging 8.2L per 100/km, most of our driving is done at 60-80km/h and at the time of this review we have done 9100km.

Thank you Renault!

UPDATE: So we have now done 14,000km and our fuel consumption has improved further, hovering between 7.2 and 7.4 L/100km. Very happy!

Purchased in January 2018.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Amazing 2018 4x4 Koleos Zen

I never paid much attention to Ranult, nor French cars in general; until by accident i came across a review of the Renault Koleos. OFcourse, i wanted to test drive the car for myself, and was blown away with the drive and plethora of features available!!! This car is absolutely amazing, in every regard. For a medium sized SUV it feels more like a large SUV inside. The Zen completes the vehicle in every way with features; from having a dedicated sat nav and apple car play, to the amazing interior and other features. This car has an amazing range of features for a very competitive price tag. Don’t bother with Korean and JApanese cars. You’ll get allot more from this one!!! And its very affordable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

My dream car at an affordable price

Absoloutely love my Renault Koleos. Have also had my eye on very expensive cars but came across this one and fell in love with it, and the best part was I could actually afford it. There is so much room, the design is so smooth and good looking and I can’t imagine having a different car after this one.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Perfect Family car

After 6 months car searches I found the One! Koleos,it has everything i need! All the modern features and options! Love it
The engine is not the fastest but if u r not planning to drive the car like a Formula then its ok! Leather seats,sunroof, large lcd display is great! One thing i dont like is that it has no CD player,that is all!

Date PurchasedMar 2017