252SL, 252L, 252N, 252SN
Listing monitored by Rinnai

Pros

• Speedy, efficient heating

• Wide range of heating

• Easy to use

4.4
  • Heating Speed4/5 - 5/5 (7)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (7)
Kate H.
Kate H.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome heater

Very quick to heat up the area, very quiet and efficient. recommend this heater we love it. good looking heater. It puts out as much or as little warmth as you need.

Purchased in April 2021 at The Good Guys for $1,099.90.

Wendi G.
Wendi G.Sydney, NSW

Very very impressed!

Bought mine second hand for $125 and am gobsmacked how good it is! With all the oomph of a bigger heater, this little baby really cranks out the heat, especially with the fan turned on!! 25mj makes it easily one of the best...

Purchased in April 2021 for $125.00.

THe Bear
THe BearGlenwood

fantastic heater

bought this heater from Fraser Coast Gas centre in Maryborough, Queensland. Would have to say that it provides almost instant heat, we have a house with high ceilings and long hallways and the heat from this heater starts to warm immediately. Easy to use and can run on one up to three bars. Being able to see the glow from the heater is fantastic. Added bonus is the fan which disperses the heat. Not sure as to the gas consumption at this stage, we opted for two 8.5 gas cyclinders.

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,000.00.

Paul K
Paul KSydney, NSW

Rarely so delighted with a mere machine!

We have owned 2 Rinnai Granada MK11 gas heaters for over 12 years. I am amazed at how efficiently they heat our very large house. Neither has ever missed a beat. The addition of variable fans is a nice touch and gives the heater reach accross the whole house. I couldn't recommend Rinnai gas heaters more. A classic heater if ever there was one!

Purchased at The Good Guys for $850.00.

Peter 1
Peter 1

Instant and Powerful Heat

Purchased this heater recently at the tail end of winter as the old one wasn't quite making it. Noticed the difference immediately. I can feel the warmth instantly in our open plan living area. Very intuitive to operate straight out of the box and works first time every time. A bit of noise from the frame vibrating which can be silenced by re-positioning the unit on the floor boards.

Purchased in August 2019 for $850.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
ljowen
ljowenSydney, NSW

Transformed my house from being and icebox to toasty warm

This heater has a range that can warm anything from a medium sized room to a large area effectively. It is quiet and economical and has made our house such a lovely place to be on a cold day

Purchased in June 2017 at Appliances Online for $749.00.

Roger_KSydney, NSW

Upgrade from an old R82M, and doesn't disappoint

I have an old Rinnai R82M (have no idea how old it is), and we decided to purchase the Granada 252N because it got good reviews, and we already knew our old heater stood the test of time.
I can let everyone know here that the purchase did not disappoint, and this heater works and performs very well.
- Easy to start
- Simple controls, nothing to go wrong.
- Good safety features.
- It looks great, and is more compact despite being double the output of our old R82M
- Very effective heating, and the fan really helps get the room warm.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this unit to anyone who is after a good gas heater.

Purchased in May 2019.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Roher_K, we are always pleased to hear our customers are happy with their purchase. We wish you many more warm winters to come.

Roger_K

Thanks Rinnai, are you able to tell me how old the R82M might be? I mean, this is also testament on it's own that it's still going strong also.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Roher_K. The R82M was manufactured back in 1980.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

sylvia
sylviaIllawarra, NSW

Great love it

Love this heater, works well, you have the option to have it on one bar or on all three bars, It really does heat up a large area and more than just a couple of rooms. Our whole house is warm and quite often we need to turn it off due to feeling too hot.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Sylvia, we are pleased to hear the heater is working well for you.

Other Gas Heaters

This company needs to be taken for investigation by ACCC

Considering how expensive these Rinnai gas heaters are they continue to disappoint. My heater needs several attempts before it comes alight. Many many attempts. Look around the used heater for sale sites 100s of them up for sale for this reason. Call me ASAP or I’m going to ACCC.
I have tried many many attempts but thinking why I have to do this, why did I pay so much money to be bothered with such a rip off.
Get your act together now bebore I call for a class action and get a review started.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Munif, can you please send through your details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au with a copy of this review and your contact details so we can follow this up for you.

Lpv
LpvSydney, NSW

Heats room fast

This heater throws out a lot of heat. There are four heat adjustments: fan off/on with one or both elements. The highest setting is too hot after a few minutes, good for instant heat to blast the cold. I then have it on the lowest setting to maintain the heat in the room. We use natural gas, the heater is reasonably slim, I have the satin silver finish which looks reasonably modern. With gas heating it can cause condensation but I can't say I've noticed any using this heater. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedJune 2013
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Lpv, we are glad to hear you are enjoying the warmth of your heater. Condensation usually forms if there is not enough air flow in the room, it's important to ensure enough ventilation with portable heaters.

Hailzee
HailzeeWollongong

Great heater

This is an Outstanding gas heater. It heats up the room in a cosy and at a decent amount of time. No need to continuously keep the heater going as the heat tends to linger a fair amount of time before, if at all, you need to turn it back on.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Majorvhorses
MajorvhorsesQueensland

Very happy with this heater

We purchased this heater this week. Very easy to set-up and turn on. Produces heat very quickly. Very light to be able to move around if necessary. Love the colour, we chose silver which looks very nice. Couldn't be happier with our purchase. Efficient service by seller, Domayne also. Thankyou

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Karen
Karen

Great Product

Easy to use, great heat. Lightweight and easy to move around. We have a large open plan area but we generally only need to keep it on low. Absolutely pumps out the heat. Nice colour scheme to. We're running on LPG and when I checked the gas usage, I was impressed.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks Karen, we are always pleased to hear from our customers and appreciate your feedback about the heater.

harry71
harry71

Fantastic heater. You cannot go wrong with it.

This heater is compact but still puts out a lot of heat. We have used it for 2 winters and cannot fault it.
It is easy to operate so is good for elderly people as well. My mother had a similar model which lasted
about 12 years before it needed a service. It is a little bit heavy but it rarely gets moved anyhow.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Excellent. Really reliable.

It's been in our living room for more than ten years and It functions still very well. Really reliable heater. We turn it on in the winter days and sometimes in autumn. There are three settings and we could choose one of them to meet our need. An excellent product.

Date PurchasedJan 2006
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Winnie L, we are so pleased to hear that the heater has been working so well for you for so long. We wish you many more cosy winters.

John.D
John.Dasked
Granada 252

Hi I just received a Granada Mk2 off my parents and they said it hasn’t been lit for years. I plugged it in and tried it but couldn’t get it to stay lit. So it has a blue flame when ignited and stays lit but after you take your finger off the button (after 15-20) seconds it goes out. Can you help

Hi John.D,
Thanks for the question.

We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 for further advice.

Rinnai Australia.

DavidW
DavidWasked
Granada 252

Have a 252 Granada model and can only press down the front 2 buttons...how can I get the third button working pls?

Hi DavidW,

Thanks for reaching out!

We would recommend contacting our Technical Helpdesk on 1300 555 545 (Option 3) for assistance with this matter.

Rinnai Australia

Jojo.tam711
Jojo.tam711asked
Granada 252

Hi there, I would like to know if it’s possible to connect that heater to LPG gas portable bottle I mean the one with 8kg capacity not 45kg one? Thanks

Hi Jojo.tam711,

Thanks for the question.
We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 to discuss further.

Rinnai Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Features

• Powered by electronic ignition.
  • Equipped with 3 heat settings and a 2-speed fan to help circulate warm air around a room.
  • A 5.9-star energy rating (out of a possible total of 6 stars) makes the Granada 252 one of Rinnai’s most energy efficient gas heaters.
  • Designed to be compact, with a carry handle that lets you cart this heater to different rooms of the house with relative ease.
  • Includes the following safety features: a tilt-switch off function that turns off the heater if it tips over, a flame failure device, dress guard and overheat switch.
  • An open-grill design means that the heating element is partially exposed, which may win less points in favour of safety if you have young children or pets in the home.
  • Available in two colours; platinum silver and off-white.
  • Works using either LPG or natural gas.

Points of praise

• Quick and efficient to heat up a room, including rooms with high ceilings and plenty of hallways.
  • The Granada 252 was capable of heating both medium and large rooms. Some reviewers reported that its range was even able to extend to their whole house.
  • Easy to set up and use, which makes the whole experience of using this gas heater satisfyingly smooth.
Compare all 4 Rinnai Granada 252
CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) $1,141.00$1,141.00$1,141.00$1,141.00
Heater TypeConvector & Panel, Portable and RadiantConvector & Panel, Portable and RadiantConvector & Panel, Portable and RadiantConvector & Panel, Portable and Radiant
Max Room Size 87878787
Dimensions 540 x 620 x 220 mm540 x 620 x 220 mm540 x 620 x 220 mm540 x 620 x 220 mm
Gas Star Rating 5.9 star(s)5.9 star(s)5.9 star(s)5.9 star(s)
Max Gas Input25 mJ/h25 mJ/h25 mJ/h25 mJ/h
Power6,000 W6,000 W6,000 W6,000 W
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishPlatinum SilverPlatinum SilverOff WhiteOff White