Rinnai Granada 252

Rinnai Granada 252

252SL, 252L, 252N, 252SN

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

4.3

• Heating Speed4/5 - 5/5 (5)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (5)
THe Bear

THe BearGlenwood

fantastic heater

bought this heater from Fraser Coast Gas centre in Maryborough, Queensland. Would have to say that it provides almost instant heat, we have a house with high ceilings and long hallways and the heat from this heater starts to warm immediately. Easy to use and can run on one up to three bars. Being able to see the glow from the heater is fantastic. Added bonus is the fan which disperses the heat. Not sure as to the gas consumption at this stage, we opted for two 8.5 gas cyclinders.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,000.00.

Paul K

Paul KSydney, NSW

Rarely so delighted with a mere machine!

We have owned 2 Rinnai Granada MK11 gas heaters for over 12 years. I am amazed at how efficiently they heat our very large house. Neither has ever missed a beat. The addition of variable fans is a nice touch and gives the heater reach accross the whole house. I couldn't recommend Rinnai gas heaters more. A classic heater if ever there was one!

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$850.00.

Room TypeWhole House
Peter 1

Peter 1

Instant and Powerful Heat

Purchased this heater recently at the tail end of winter as the old one wasn't quite making it. Noticed the difference immediately. I can feel the warmth instantly in our open plan living area. Very intuitive to operate straight out of the box and works first time every time. A bit of noise from the frame vibrating which can be silenced by re-positioning the unit on the floor boards.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$850.00.

ljowen

ljowenSydney, NSW

Transformed my house from being and icebox to toasty warm

This heater has a range that can warm anything from a medium sized room to a large area effectively. It is quiet and economical and has made our house such a lovely place to be on a cold day

Purchased in June 2017 at Appliances Online for A$749.00.

Roger_KSydney, NSW

Upgrade from an old R82M, and doesn't disappoint

I have an old Rinnai R82M (have no idea how old it is), and we decided to purchase the Granada 252N because it got good reviews, and we already knew our old heater stood the test of time.
I can let everyone know here that the purchase did not disappoint, and this heater works and performs very well.
- Easy to start
- Simple controls, nothing to go wrong.
- Good safety features.
- It looks great, and is more compact despite being double the output of our old R82M
- Very effective heating, and the fan really helps get the room warm.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this unit to anyone who is after a good gas heater.

Purchased in May 2019.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Roher_K, we are always pleased to hear our customers are happy with their purchase. We wish you many more warm winters to come.

Roger_K

Thanks Rinnai, are you able to tell me how old the R82M might be? I mean, this is also testament on it's own that it's still going strong also.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Roher_K. The R82M was manufactured back in 1980.

Thanks,

sylvia

sylviaIllawarra, NSW

Great love it

Love this heater, works well, you have the option to have it on one bar or on all three bars, It really does heat up a large area and more than just a couple of rooms. Our whole house is warm and quite often we need to turn it off due to feeling too hot.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Sylvia, we are pleased to hear the heater is working well for you.

This company needs to be taken for investigation by ACCC

Considering how expensive these Rinnai gas heaters are they continue to disappoint. My heater needs several attempts before it comes alight. Many many attempts. Look around the used heater for sale sites 100s of them up for sale for this reason. Call me ASAP or I’m going to ACCC.
I have tried many many attempts but thinking why I have to do this, why did I pay so much money to be bothered with such a rip off.
Get your act together now bebore I call for a class action and get a review started.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Munif, can you please send through your details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au with a copy of this review and your contact details so we can follow this up for you.

Lpv

LpvSydney, NSW

Heats room fast

This heater throws out a lot of heat. There are four heat adjustments: fan off/on with one or both elements. The highest setting is too hot after a few minutes, good for instant heat to blast the cold. I then have it on the lowest setting to maintain the heat in the room. We use natural gas, the heater is reasonably slim, I have the satin silver finish which looks reasonably modern. With gas heating it can cause condensation but I can't say I've noticed any using this heater. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Lpv, we are glad to hear you are enjoying the warmth of your heater. Condensation usually forms if there is not enough air flow in the room, it's important to ensure enough ventilation with portable heaters.

Hailzee

HailzeeWollongong

Great heater

This is an Outstanding gas heater. It heats up the room in a cosy and at a decent amount of time. No need to continuously keep the heater going as the heat tends to linger a fair amount of time before, if at all, you need to turn it back on.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Majorvhorses

MajorvhorsesQueensland

Very happy with this heater

We purchased this heater this week. Very easy to set-up and turn on. Produces heat very quickly. Very light to be able to move around if necessary. Love the colour, we chose silver which looks very nice. Couldn't be happier with our purchase. Efficient service by seller, Domayne also. Thankyou

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Karen

Karen

Great Product

Easy to use, great heat. Lightweight and easy to move around. We have a large open plan area but we generally only need to keep it on low. Absolutely pumps out the heat. Nice colour scheme to. We're running on LPG and when I checked the gas usage, I was impressed.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks Karen, we are always pleased to hear from our customers and appreciate your feedback about the heater.

harry71

harry71

Fantastic heater. You cannot go wrong with it.

This heater is compact but still puts out a lot of heat. We have used it for 2 winters and cannot fault it.
It is easy to operate so is good for elderly people as well. My mother had a similar model which lasted
about 12 years before it needed a service. It is a little bit heavy but it rarely gets moved anyhow.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Excellent. Really reliable.

It's been in our living room for more than ten years and It functions still very well. Really reliable heater. We turn it on in the winter days and sometimes in autumn. There are three settings and we could choose one of them to meet our need. An excellent product.

Date PurchasedJan 2006
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Winnie L, we are so pleased to hear that the heater has been working so well for you for so long. We wish you many more cosy winters.

DAGZ

DAGZPERTH

Ive had this heater for about 15 years and it served us so well

I originally looked at many brands and Rinnai was above and beyond the best for the money I wanted to spend, their product and service is the best on the market. That was 15 years ago and it is still going strong. When it comes time to update I will be buying another Rinnai.

Date PurchasedSep 2002
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review DAGZ, always great to hear from long time customers and we appreciate your kind words.

V..ery W..orried

V..ery W..orriedSouth West, WA

uses too much gas

I purchased a 262sl and found it emptied a 45 kilo bottle of gas in three weeks and that was very minimal use. A 45 kg bottle of gas lasts us more than 6 months running a water booster-heater and stove. heater was used very minimally, a couple of hours every odd day

s_xoxo

s_xoxoAustralia

Good

This heater provides great warmth of the house in the winter. It has three settings allowing 1, 2 or 3 burners to be running at once. I usually find that 2 works well, and with 1 on, it functions poorly. It also has a built in fan which you can choose between the settings of hi, low and off.
The initial cost of the heater if reasonable considering the length of time it's lasted me.
When on, it smells quite unpleasant and the house smells of gas. Its also large and heavy making it difficult to change locations in the house.

the smell ur smelling is the burnt gases. as the heater is unflued, the products of combustion are pumped into the room. they are super efficient, but part of that is because of no flue. Rinnai make a range of heaters both flued and unflued.

Miss_M40
Miss_M40
tinkertoy

tinkertoyNSW, 2000

Very good heater. Keeps our lounge room warm and cozy.

We shifted to a unit with gas and we immediately thought of getting a gas heater. My brother in-law has a smaller rinnai gas heater and he was quite satisfied with that model. I bought this bigger model and we are quite satisfied with it so far. This heater is very effective when it comes to warming up our lounge room area. We haven't got the gas bill yet, but I have heard some good things in that regards as well.
Effective, Easy to set up, Also has a built in fan
None so far

apart from the initial price, I can't find any faults with this brand. Seems to be built to last, as we had ours for 13 years, and during that time, it had travelled with us from house to house. Had a bit of scratches due to careless people, but apart from that it works wonders!
well worth the money I guess!
excellent heater, has a really nice warmth and heats the room really quickly due to choice of using the fan to circulate air. I have an earlier model for over 13 years, which still works perfectly
inital price of heater

Chris

Chrisasked

Granada 252

I purchased this heater recently and it won’t ignite. I’ve used our old heater in case it was the gas point, however it isn’t as my old heater works.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the question. If the heater is less than 30 days old you can return it to the place of purchase for a replacement heater.

We also have a technical help desk available on 1300 555 545 option 3 who can troubleshoot over the phone. Alternatively you can book a service call online here:

Ahmed

Ahmedasked

Granada 252

My portable rennai gas heater does not work at all when I push the button the ignition lit and the heater goes on but i when i leave the button the heater goes of is there any solution?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ahmed, there may be a number of reasons for the heater to not remain on after ignition. We would recommend testing to confirm there is gas to the appliance and if the heater has not been serviced recently, it may need a general service where any fault can be diagnosed.

Joy B

Joy Basked

Granada 252

This is a question for a Rinnai representative. I am looking to purchase a Rinnai unflued portable gas heater. I live in an apartment with a good sized living area encompassing open plan kitchen and dining room. I can't decide between the Granada or the Avenger. How do I choose what is best for me?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Joy, thanks for the question. The most accurate way of working out the best heater is to use the heater selector on the Rinnai website as this takes into consideration all the variables including, area, ceiling height, etc.

You can find the selector here:

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 4 Rinnai Granada 252
CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) A$1,141.00A$1,141.00A$1,141.00A$1,141.00
Heater TypeConvector & Panel, Portable and RadiantConvector & Panel, Portable and RadiantConvector & Panel, Portable and RadiantConvector & Panel, Portable and Radiant
Max Room Size 87878787
Colour / FinishPlatinum SilverPlatinum SilverOff WhiteOff White
Dimensions 540 x 620 x 220 mm540 x 620 x 220 mm540 x 620 x 220 mm540 x 620 x 220 mm
Gas Star Rating 5.9 star(s)5.9 star(s)5.9 star(s)5.9 star(s)
Max Gas Input25 mJ/h25 mJ/h25 mJ/h25 mJ/h
Power6,000 W6,000 W6,000 W6,000 W
Gas TypeLPGNatural GasLPGNatural Gas
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateMar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006