Terrible Dud Rinnai Prestige 330

It's a long saga. That SHW system was installed on our new house in Sept. 2009. After several call-outs to fix the minor leaks the tank sprung a big leak and had to be replaced in 2011, together with the panels, because they were misting badly. The tank had to be replaced again after another leak in 2014. This morning wife's spotted a trickle from one of the panels. The plumber came and found both panels leaking. Have talked to Rinnai, they consider them 1 year out of warranty, even though they've been replaced in 2011. I rue the moment I bought this system!

Date PurchasedSep 2009

Steve

SteveTumut

Unreliable also

When working system is great. Had it installed 6 years ago have had problem annually summer and winter. Have now been advised by technician to wrap entire unit in bubble wrap and black plastic to protect from the frost...really????? Have had parts of unit replace every year since instillation and is getting is bordering on madness now. Collectors face street and black plastic and bubble wrap sitting on the roof not a good look.

Rinnai
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Rinnai Solar Flat Plate system 315 L System GM - Not a Good Buy Breaks down high labour costs

I purchased the solar system thinking that it will cut my electricity bills. Both pump and tank got spoiled and got it replaced under warranty which was very good. But shocking part was the labor cost. They charged me $775 which was shocking & unacceptable for products covered in warranty..

Rinnai
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Deep, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced, if you can send a private message with your contact details, we would like to review this situation for you.

Deep

ok will send you my details

Deep

hi i am not able to send private message but please call me at 0420844457. Thanks

mark

mark

Don't buy rinnai splits

We have had the unit 4 months. Firstly its extremely loud. Secondly has broken down for the second time already.

Rinnai Prestige System M, 330L, 2 Collectors, S26

This system works very well in summer and we do not use any gas for boosting.
In autumn and spring the system significantly reduces the need for gas boosting.
In winter the gas booster is usually working when you need hot water.
We have only had use of the installation for 20 months and have had to place a call for a leak 3 times, 2 last winter and one this winter, the last time the panels have been disconnected.
It is apparent that when there is a slight frost -1C to -2C the connection between the panels ends up leaking.
Saves on energy costs to heat water. Good response to service calls.
Does not like a frost

shane

shanekilmore

rinnai solar hot water panel rubbish

gothik

gothik

Reasonable system - very poor customer service

Had this system installed late last year but after a fault developed in the panel, contacted Rinnai to have it replaced. It took 6 months an a series of total stuff ups from Rinnai Serrtvice before it was finally repaired. I don't think I have ever experienced a more poorly run service department which is in total denial about there own incompetency (they have never once apologised or acknowledged their mistakes). I actually don't have a problem with the system itself. Just make sure you get a good one, because Rinnai service will do nothing for you.
Seems like a serviceable system when it is working well
Appalling customer service from a company I expected much more from

Over Rated

Anxious
Anxious

I'd like to know where you are now, as your company Australia Gas and Solar is no longer housed in Hunter street Newcastle and no forwarding address.