RoamingSIM

RoamingSIM

See the Best Travel SIMs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great product to use in multiple countries

Used the new version powered by knowroaming and was great for my trip to Malaysia and Europe. Worked well in every country. When i needed plenty of data the bundle packages were good value.

Mr Gumby

Mr GumbyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Constant Problems

This is the second time we have used this product on overseas travels. The first time there were many problems - the worst being it just didn't work sometimes even though we had credit. This time if someone sent us a text it would arrive time and time again in duplicate up to 9 times - all day and night long, so we had to turn the phone off at night. Not good as my father is not well and we became uncontactable. So just now they have a 'new provider' and we got cut off for our last 4 days away and had no phone despite being in credit and their promises it would still work. NEVER AGAIN!!

jefft104

jefft104Melbourne

Was good but let down this year

I used roaming sim last year and it worked fine and I did have questions for support at that time. I found them knowledgeable and helpful. This year I feel I spent money for no return. I tried to forward my phone to the roaming sim number. It would dial locally then international and then fail. Roaming sim gave me a second number and it also failed to perform. I do not plan to use roaming sim again. Support tried to help but in the end they could not and issues had to be passed up the line...still with no solution.

Useful!

I had trouble when testing this sim before leaving Australia, but the contact people were good and got it sorted out. Yes, it's a bit confusing at first when you ring a number and wait for the call back. You quickly get used to it though. Was invaluable (and cheap) when I had to ring my bank in Australia twice from far flung regions in Bali, and also used to make local calls in Lombok and Bali. Happy with it!

johnyg68

johnyg68

I don't think even one star is applicable to this product! Avoid!!! Don't waste your money!

Totally useless customer service...credit is gobbled up after a year from purchase despite the original terms and conditions stating that one only had to use the sim once within that period to keep the account current...a total rip off....unreliable service,especially crossing from one country to another...service another time was unavailable for 48 hours in France....total waste of time,energy and money.Don't use this product!

Yingwee

YingweeAdelaide

Works, but too many limitations

Don't get this SIM

GOSH

GOSHMelbourne Victoria

No Service

Avoid - can only send text via iMessage and from and to iPhone 5 and iPhone 6
Charged for texts not delivered and no credit given
Can only reply to texts via Roaming SIM portal and no guarantee text will be received

Ok

Ok, for a mobile phone sim that is ok for a mobile sim that is ok for a mobile sim

Mcrowe

McroweAU

Sim didn't work properly and no fix

I had issues from day one and after a bunch of calls to their technical people my credit funds were not activating phone. No refund albeit requested. Apparently I should write a letter to them although I am on their system as a customer they couldn't fix the problem. Really hopeless and avoid! Expecting refund. Nope!

Marc

MarcSydney

Works well! Visited Hong Kong, Switzerland, Germany, The Netherlands, France and the UK

We purchased 2 sims (iPhones 4 and 6); used local NSW numbers; worked first time in testing before we went and in each country. No problems at all.

Roaming sim

Just received my roaming sim. Tried to make a call in Australia before heading overseas soon. Information received with sim said to dial 061etc. Did not work. Rang customer support. They said to enter 0061etc. Phone works fine now, thanks to customer support, who solved the problem and even stayed on the phone to make sure it worked. Thank you to customer support.beware check your phone works before heading overseas, as advised by roaming sim.

Rapscallion

RapscallionMelbourne

Works as advertised

piecostpascoe vale south

what a terrible product!

this is a terrible product. the call quality is poor and the technical support is non-existent. i called for help and had to leave a number because no operators were available. no-one has called back after a week.

also their advertising regarding calls to overseas mobiles for the cost a local call is misleading. yes, you can set up an australian number that is charged as a local call to the person in Australia. However, what they don't say on their website is that the the overseas mobile is charged at about $2/minute to receive the call.
Auto top up has a monthly limit to stop run away charges.
poor call quality, no support, expensive, misleading advertising about charges

piecost

This is terrible. Defintally can live without it, never again!

Got a roaming sim for my trip in UK for a week and then Europe for 3.5 weeks. Sim didn't work properly in most countries. I could only call for 25 seconds and then it would cut out even when I had all bars of reception. Contacted tech support but just went around in circles there. It was a joke. Also found STA travel (who sold it to me) a joke as well.

Didn't send texts, calls were less than 30 seconds with full bars of reception.

Steven

Steven

another unhappy customer

Although I'd read unflattering reviews on RoamingSIM I thought it would be worth a try. What a mistake! It was a waste of time. It offers a UK number so I thought I'd at least be easily contactable by my UK friends but even this feature didn't work reliably. There seemed to be no pattern, eg whether sending text msgs would be ok, or receiving texts or calls ... I tried using another phone but it seemed nothing work reliably which made the whole thing point less.
nothing. Customer service made some attempt to help but their advice was along the lines of turn off your phone and then turn it on again.
unreliable and hence pretty useless

Dissatisfied

DissatisfiedBrisbane

Don't waste your money

Absolutely useless. The sim card never worked. I could not get any support over the phone; it was not even answered. I left a call back message that was never answered. I could not make or recieve calls or texts. If I thought they would respond I would send it back. Do not waste your money!

Could not make or receive calls

bgpr

bgprAU

Useless sim card

The sim card looks great at the web site but in reality it does not work at all. I could not make any calls even in Australia. I spent 4 days calling service center (in Dublin) and sent more than 20 emails to technical support. They are polite but absolutely useless. They suggested procedures described at their web site over and over again but the problem was not fixed. I discarded the card as it was good for nothing.
If you already ordered it send it back and request refund ASAP.
I would give it minus 5 stars but I am only allowed to give a minimum of 1 star.

Did not work at all