Supaswift Big Bob Series

Supaswift Big Bob Series

653HP, 653KP, 653GP and 653XP

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

eanie

eanie

Makes mowing a breeze!

For larger lawns, the BigBob with the Honda GXV160 engine is superb. Do install 2 sets of blades to make cutting easier and faster (1 pair flat and one pair 'low lift' to assist discharge). No catcher means you just keep going and the clippings mulch into the turf. The trick with utility mowers (side discharge) is to cut the grass a little higher and more often so you are not trying to cut down more than 3-5cm at a time. That way there is no trail of clippings and you get great results. The large ball bearing wheels and light weight deck make mowing a stroll in the park. It even works well on damp grass subject to the above operating style. I can do my 1/2 acre lot plus street front in 40 minutes.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Strong, reliable mower

Date PurchasedJan 2016

JUST RESTORING BIG BOB

Picked up BIG BOB with other mowers on EBAY it has a BRIGGS STRATTON MOTOR..I cleaned carby maneto and adjusted changed plug.....took a while but final started let it run for awhile it struggled rattles etc final came good now running nice and smooth ..has 2 flat blades can take 8 blades it has a green base and red brown colured motor...has a sticker saying width 5 on it the rest is missing on front super swift on side plate saying made by Jetfast Industries would anybody know how old this mower is?..chappo

Date PurchasedFeb 2007
John Chapman
John Chapman

I put 4 flat new blades on it for a big bob mower ,,,it about 21 inch cut going ok...chappo

Robert

RobertBallarat, Victoria

Big Bob is definetly up to the Big Job!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Ruthie

RuthieTamborine

Bloody awesome old mower

I have an old Supaswift lawnmower I picked up on Ebay for $26...not sure how old but pretty old....It goes like a trooper...handle broke about 3 years ago as it had previously been welded back on...Just got it out of the shed put another handle on it, cleaned up the jets and carby and off she goes again....starts first pull...I got on to this site as I was looking for a new push mower...read come of the Supaswift reviews and thought "stuff it" I'll get this old thing out again....not gonna bother with getting another one now...If they still make em as well as they did back then, they are excellent mowers

Kaemann

Kaemann

Money Making Machine

I have used the Big Bob commercially since 2008 and it is easily the best, most versatile lawn mower I have used. It's a basic side discharge unit, so there is no catcher. The frame feels a little flimsy though but this machine makes up for it by powering through tall weeds. I have used more expensive machines, some twice the cost, but they don't match the Big Bob. I use it for slashing tall grass and for regular cuts of rough lawns and it does a very good job of it.

John BGAWLER

Blades and disc may give problems.

loulou2Murray Mallee, SA

Chassis is cheap and nasty

Years ago we had a little bob lawnmower which seemed to go for ever. Years later when we needed to buy a new mower we decided on a big bob, thinking it would be like the little bob we had. We have had it for about 4 years now, but probably after 2 years the frame started to fall to bits. Every time we mow the lawn lately part of the frame snaps. It has been welded everywhere, one welder said it was real cheap steel, which was useless and definitely inferior. Next thing is to see if we can pickup a frame to take the motor. The place where we bought the mower does not deal with them anymore, seems like cutting costs has really ruined what once were good mowers, avoid
The engine
The chassis is made from cheap junk

wally
wally
loulou2

An update on the Big bob mower, we finally just gave up on it and took it to the tip. Ended up buying some $200 mower from masters, and have had no trouble.

After three years of mowing my acre Big Bob hasn't missed a beat. I just changed the blades today - well overdue - they were each at least 1 cm shorter so i have been making work for myself - only cutting 19 cm.
Big Bob is so easy to start and light on for maintainance.
Little bit fragile on some items. Bent the throttle cable and broke the throttle handle.

Best mower I have ever purchased

I purchased my Big Bob in 1992 from Rex at Wauchope mowers NSW. It is now 20 years young and it is still the best mower I have ever owned. I am up to my second set of wheels, second grass exhaust cover, and numerous blades as it has tamed a few bush blocks and only just had the rope pull thingy replaced. That's it and to be honest it may only have been serviced every second year. Admittedly it is looking tired but so does the owner.
When it does finally die (it or me) I would not even hesitate to purchase the latest model.
Reliable every time and light weight.
Maybe some soft padding on the handles for some comfort.

Just what's needed for the job, but chassie not robust enough

Honda motor one of the best smooth and quite, but chassie is not robust enough, lower handles crack and brake at first rear mount point on chassie, weak wheel axles bend easy poor quailty wheels, we run 4 mowers and all are the same disappointed for the money, need to improve.
GYC and Allpower have been very helpful and has repaired under warranty

Karl Downard

Karl DownardMELBOURNE

Part of the family.! Still with us well after 30 years of loyal service.

My ol'man bought our Big Bob around 1980. Originally marketed under the Vulcan label in Australia. Green body, black handles with a white 4 horse powerhead. She's had a new pull starter, fuel tank, cylinder head, cutter disk and the odd wheel replaced over the years. Pushed that ol'girl up and down Dads bush block from the age of 12. She was given to me upon leavin home. Can't bring myself to toss the ol'girl and it is my intention to restore her to her former glory. Hope i can find the parts i need! Irreplacable is how i'd describe her. Cant buy that kinda quality these days...
Tough and dependable with a gauranteed smooth cut everytime, wet or dry, grass or scrub.
Sticky throttle cable. Sticky height adjustment. (age related)

HoltsPrestigeGardens

HoltsPrestigeGardensAU

Unstoppable

Tom

Tomasked

Where can I get a Superswift, secondhand: a good one?

Chris

I wrote a review. Mine was bought brand new. Can't help with 2nd hand apart from suggesting gumtree

Sasquatch87
Sasquatch87

There seems to be quite a few floating around on Ebay and gumtree, ive bought 3 in the last few years and just restored one for my own use. i am in victoria though.

pwpasked

Big Bob 653HP

I'm retiring an exhausted Victa Utility 2 stroke. It's light and highly maneuverable round our sloping block with lots of funny little corners. Did my dough on a Honda Heritage. It's heavy and hopeless getting into tight awkward spots. I'll cut my losses and sell it. The SuperSwift Big Bob with the Honda GXV may be a better option. But it's 100% impossible to get information about it on the www. Like weight. How many kgs? Physical dimensions other than just the cutting width. Unobtainable. Basic info I would have thought.

Curbow79
Curbow79

I love my BigBob but it's not the best mower for slopes/tight spots. You could stay with 2-strokes and get a Victa MSP462. Or get the Little Bob. Or a Masport 460. 18 inch utility mowers are so much fun to use I collect them.

pwp

Thanks for the reply Curbow79, you're a utility mower aficionado! Wouldn't go near a now Chinese made Victa. SuperSwift BigBob sounds great but Little Bob may be best for my slopes and tight spots. Total area is not huge, less than 20 minutes with an 18 inch mower. Too bad Little Bob comes with the Honda GCV160 vs the Honda GXV160 engine fitted to the Big Bob. Is Big Bob worth getting if only for the better Honda GXV160 engine?

Did some searches (too late) on the Honda HRU196 Heritage. It's a thumping 44kg! The wheels literally leave trenches if I have a wet lawn. A guy at AllPower told me Big Bob is 33kg so presumably Little Bob will come in a few kg's lighter.

Get an answer from our members and Supaswift representatives

Supaswift Big Bob 653XP

Supaswift Big Bob 653HP

Supaswift Big Bob 653KP

Supaswift Big Bob 653KP

No reviews
CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $799$599
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesSide Discharge
Catcher Type NoneNone
Cutting Deck MaterialSteel
Cutting Width533 mm533 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Engine / Motor