Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International

Ovation of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, etc...

• Trip Length10.258 days
  • Staff

Lachlan S.

Lachlan S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing unforgettable experience.

The cruise was above my expectations. Amazing kids club where you never stress about the kids and you can never get bored there is always something to do from rock climbing to ice skating to even surfing.

Michael Redmond

Michael RedmondSouth East Queensland, QLD

The big runaround

Cruise 17th May to 27th. Cruise cancelled. Shore excursions paid for, paid cruise fare in full.
promised would get refund on shore excursions, and cruise credit, nothing yet, Customer service pathetic.
Avoid!

Rahil

RahilSydney, NSW

Charge for no service

Not really trustable. We cancelled our cruise after they announced we are allowed to do so for a full refund on 23th of March because of covid. They said it takes 6-10 weeks to be refunded and they even asked us for the bank details. If you have seen our money, we have seen it too!!! No one answers what is going on! The company says they don’t know anything as we are working with the agency, the agency says the company does not give them any answer. We have been charged for a service that we never received! Not doing it again and definitely saying to everyone who wants to make the same mistake.not recommended at all.

Damo

DamoPerth, WA

I am still waiting for a refund from the 11/4 cruise.

It’s becoming beyond a joke, I strongly advise anyone that will listen not to purchase a cruise at the moment. They have still not refunded me. 11/4/2020 was my expected sale date. Do not book until this pandemic is over do not trust the marketing cruise with confidence.

MareeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ROYAL DON'T REFUND YOUR SUSPENDED CRUISES

Paid for a cruise on Voyager of the Seas for 30th March, 2020. Unfortunately Royal had to suspend this
cruise due to COVID-19. They promised a FULL REFUND within 45 days. I call them each fortnight to check on the refund. It is now 105 days and NO REFUND has been given. Also pre-paid drinks package is not being refunded (now at 50 days).

Maree

ASIC (Australian Securities and Insurance Commission) notified. Advice is to go to the bank or credit card provider to get your REFUND.

Aimee

AimeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pleased with the Customer Service

We were booked for a cruise in Mar and we actually got on the boat- however due to COVID we actually never went to port anywhere and just spent a few days out at sea before we turned back to Sydney. The offered us either credit or refund. We got a full refund. We booked directly through Royal. I know many people are still waiting on there refund and hope they receive it shortly.
Happy with service and will travel with again once all this is over. Much better service then alot of the other travel companies Im dealing with!

Thisbe

ThisbeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

24/6/2020, still waiting for my full cash refund since 18/3/2020

Today is 24/6/2020. Still waiting for my full cash refund since 18/3/2020. Bad experience with Cruiseaway & Royal Caribbean Int for my cash refund. Both companies had dozens of excuses. I want full cash refund as offered & promised by RCI in March 2020 and not 125% future credit. Pls refund ASAP. Thanks

Marilyn M.

Marilyn M.South East Queensland, QLD

Voyage the graceful Lady

From booking online to customer service RCI is brilliant. Every sailing has been perfect. The food incredible and the cabins spectacular. Onboard activities cater for everyone. Main Dining Room experience and interaction with crew is great. Shore excursions offer plenty of variety.

Review collected in partnership with Royal Caribbean International

GeeD

GeeDSydney, NSW

Money grabbing disgrace of a company!

Who keeps money for services not rendered?
You were given a deposit and balance of cruise payment as requested and on time for a service you did not provide and now money that does not belong to you. Stop your lies and your stalling and refund hard earned money that you have no right to keep.
Disgraceful and shameful

Angie

AngiePerth, WA

Terrible Company

We are Emerald crown and anchor members, so we have been loyal to them for years. We were due to go from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona, both aged over 70, were advised not to go as we had to fly from Australia first (26 hours on plane) have diabetes and high blood pressure. Spain and Italy had it and Spain went into lockdown before we would have arrived. Because we were sensible and cancelled, they say March 9th was when they cancelled their trips, we would have been half way across the Atlantic. No refund and no credit, after3 try’s by travel agent. Money grabbing company with no loyalty

Nicole R.

Nicole R.Sydney, NSW

Bad communication

Booked directly through RCI as a repeat customer. Covid-19 cancelled our 30th March honeymoon cruise. We were initially told 14 days refund, then 30 days refund, then 45 days for a refund, then 45 business days. We are fast approaching 45 business days and have had drinks packages refunded but no evidence of when the actual cruise will be refunded. RCI has consistently delayed and deceived us. We won’t travel with such a dishonest company again.

najon1

najon1AU

Refund for denied boarding

My family and I were denied boarding on March 12th 2020. Other passengers who went on this cruise can opt for a refund or 125% cruise credit. They will not give a refund to passengers denied and only offering 100% cruise credit. Why are these passenger not entitled to a refund?

Booked ThroughCruise Line
Diego F.

Diego F.

No Refund

On 7th March 2020, Royal Caribbean crew denied my wife to board the ship. So, my problems with RC started.
I lost almost two months in many calls and emails to take my money back. They are not serious and lied to me many times. Many deadlines were not met.
Until now I don't have my money back.

Refunds processing, here's how to handle problems

Phil

Phil

Don't deal with this company

Yesterday (April 1) had a text message from RC wanting my final payment for cruise departing Rome June 5. Would this have been April fool day joke? Resigned to not getting my $400 deposit back

I would give Zero Stars if I could

Absolute debacle boarding health screening

Travelling PartyAdults and Seniors
Ben

BenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgraceful !!

Scott

ScottSydney, NSW

Non existent customer service

Was on hold for over 1.5 hours on day and 3 hours the next day trying to make contact to confirm my booking. Sent countless emails too and even tried to contact on messenger. No contact or resolution for my booking.
Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

p.t

p.tsydney

Worst cruise

It's been a while since I went on this cruise ship but it was so bad it's hard to forget staff standing around instead of cleaning tables food in restaurant same as bistro, so many activities shame they are all booked out!!!!!

Bruce

Bruceasked

Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas

Going on the ovation of the seas on the 5th Jan is it best to pay for my drink package before or pay on board the ship can you tell me the cost and how do I pay for it

Dissatisfied
Dissatisfied

Cost is in American Dollars mate..$15 for a can of spirits and upto $50/ bottle of substandard wine. Better to buy a drinks package but watch out for hidden costs.

Keith S.asked

Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas

Leaving Sydney on 23 Nov for 12 night trip. Do I buy drinks package at $82 per day?? I do enjoy a drink!
What are the Australian prices per drink onboard? Would love some advice please.

Leanne B.

If you buy it onboard on the first day they usually give you a buy one get 50% off it was costing us. The prices on board are all US$ so depending on the $ what it will cost you my cocktails were US$14 that was about AU$19. They are theives so your best bet if you like more than 5 drinks a day buy the package

Keith S.

Thank you for your reply. When did you sail? Was it recently??

Gino s.
Gino s.

Hi Leanne
Does it mean you buy one full-price and get the second at 50% off? Or it will be 50% off the first day?
many thanks

john reece

john reeceasked

Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

i am on a cruise to new zealand 19/11/19 i have been told the 18% gratuities do not apply on these cruises is this correct john

Leanne B.

The gratuities are included in there prices so a soft drink cost US$3.50, a beer US$7.50 and a cocktail or spirit between US$10 - US$14 convert that to Australian $

Get an answer from our members and Royal Caribbean International representatives