Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas

See the Best Cruises in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lee

Lee

Unethical management practices

In Australia we believe paying a fair price for service and we tip extraordinary service if warranted. Charges of gratuities on a daily basis to $260 for 2 people for the cabin is highway ( or high seas) robbery. Advertised prices for services thru their shops might be $135 then when you get to the shop in 7 point there is a disclaimer plus 25 to 28.5% service fees and taxes. Really we are on the high seas no taxes there. The medicos charge 4 x times a standard consultation fees with absolutely no care. SPEND your holiday bucks somewhere else. We will not travel with them again.

Glen71

Glen71AU

Cruising is such fun

Cabin 2078 is noiseeeeey .......... so take ear plugs. It is right above the engine so the noise is constant (no nanna naps!). The ship is great but going out of Australia we never had a hot dinner from the dining room - it was always luke warm. Never had this before on any RC ship - but this was my first cruise (our of over 20+) out of Australia. All out of the USA the food is always awesome and hot hot hot. Ship and staff are great though and we had an awesome time. But the ship is smaller and older than you get in the USA, that's why it's here.

MariaMelbourne

The best time of my life

The best cruise ever lots of fun ,Good food ,crew stuff verry friendly lot of entertainment not a dull moment .meet lots of
Friendly people

5 out of five great

Maria

Small ship but sounds great thanks

Perfect

Perfect in any way. we had 3 comedians, shows , the latest movies. The food was very good and the service excellent. we arrived on time . 29/3/2015

PendleburysYellow rock blue mountains

My favourite ship

We had a wonderful and relaxing holiday. This was one of her last trips in Australia and wanted to be on it.

Cruising is just the best holiday ... Going again in November.

Eve

Eve

Entertainment wise was not good.

There were several reasons I would not chose this cruise again. The entertainment sucks. There was no creativity. We cruise for 11 nites and everyday the entertainment was just singing and dancing. We were expecting some stand up comedies or some magic shows etc. But all they did was tribute to some singers and it really bored us very much. At least they have to have some variety every nite. Singing and dancing for 2 to 3 nites was alright but they did it every nite throughout the whole cruise,,,,,,, disappointed. On the third nite, we started regretting taking this cruise. But food was ok.

Disgraceful

Fantastic cruise

Excellent crew loved my first cruise definitely not the last will travel again in 2015.Going Rapsody and Explorer next time can't wait

trapped in a 4 star hotel

calpespain

calpespainQld, 4212

The vibration was horrendous

Lydia

LydiaBrisbane

Spoilt first experience of cruising

I rated this cruise as one star due to the fact that the purpose of this trip was ruined by the irresponsible handling of my luggage. Seven of my friends and I booked and paid for a quilting Cruise. All but one bought their own sewing machines.. Mine was damaged beyond repair so I was unable to sew. After months of difficult negotiations emailing and ringing the States I received a third of the cost of a new machine but no real apology or reimbursement for my spoiled trip.I could not commend .this company. I have no complaints about the quilting Tutors they were exceptional.and I would rate them them five stars

kcurt

kcurtBay of Plenty, New Zealand

First Time Cruising Experience

OzVictoria

An Excellent Cruise

Moopugs
Moopugs

Fantastic review which has put my mind at ease after reading a number of negative reviews about Rhapsody. I also wanted to know if there is a self serve laundry and ironing facility on board.

Oz

great review puts my mind at ease after a bad experience on the pacific dawn this puts my mind at ease for a cruise next april we are thinking about to Singapore.

Great holiday

Rhonda
Rhonda
Oncebitten

Oncebitten

We're going again next year!

OK the Rhapsody is older and smaller than any other ships I've cruised on but it more than makes up for that with it's great crew! The 3 oceanview cabins the 6 of us booked were quite large with lots of storage. We did have the dreaded shower curtain but hey, you just have to wrestle with it for a few minutes each day so who really cares! The food, entertainment, and islands were all great! We enjoyed it so much that we've booked to go again next year!
Happy crew! Great entertainment!
Older & smaller ship

Rex MundiSydney

Surprisingly Great Trip

sandybot

sandybotSydney

I never thought I would enjoy this cruise so much...

Rex Mundi

Try booking two double rooms next time. We travelled on the Rhapsody in January for 10 nights and despite my wife taking 3 (yes 3) cases, everything fitted easily into the built in wardrobes and the empty cases went under the bed.

Cate71

3 suitcases LOL ! That's hilarious ! Oh dear, I hope 2 of the, were empty for shopping !

Great for all ages

KerriBerri1
KerriBerri1

ttc

ttcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again

sue.timmins56
sue.timmins56

We refused to have the $12.00 a day added to our bill it was removed. More people need to refuse to pay it. We did our own tipping.

Rickj

Rickj

Very disappointed

See all Royal Caribbean International reviews

kaza66a

kaza66aasked

is there any smoking areas on this ship???

Yes there are ... We are not smokers but

Sandyandy

Sandyandyasked

I have already rung RCI and put money into my onboard expense account, and will be cruising in March. My question is, if I want to have a go on the pokies or play black-jack, can I just draw from this account on board without any drama? Are there any fees involved and is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!

Hi Sandyandy
I'm not sure if you can draw money from your on-line expense account for the casino. You can only use American dollars to gamble and I made my exchange (Australian dollars to American Dollars) at the main customer desk. Please note that RCI's exchange rate bears no relation to the real exchange rate of the day. They seem to make up their own rate, which is based on 'daylight robbery' on the high seas, as far as I can tell. The only other thing you should be aware of is that RCI's web site advice clearly states, or did in November 2014, that smoking is permitted in the casino, as did advice in their daily on-board news letter. But when I attended the casino I was told in no uncertain terms that this was not true. You're probably not smokers, and good for you, but I am, and I found their blatant misrepresentation a great disappointment.

Megasked

Can I use an Aust debit card to pay onboard expenses final bill? can someone please simplify the explaination of how to choose the currency conversion etc, this confuses me? Once I pay the final balance of the cruise cost will I then be able to access shore excursions etc? How do I know if I have checked in correctly, I did get to print out a set sail pass but wasnt really sure I was checking in properly during the procedure was just winging it and hoping for the best at the time. thankyou

Oz

I can't guarantee anything, but I think the debit card should work if it's on the Mastercard or Visa systems, Meg. The currency conversion option is a slight nuisance because nobody really explains that for you and upon check-in you really have to commit to one or the other. I chose to effectively allow my credit card (Visa) to deal with it instead of Royal Caribbean, although I doubt that it matters much either way. If you got your set sail passes to print out you've probably registered correctly. The test will be if you can access and pay for shore excursions - I was able to do so soon after registering.

Meg

Thanku OZ. information very much appreciated. My cruise is domestic so Im not too worried about the shore excursion thing as Im sure I could even do that on board. Just want to be able to leave the ship for the day when docking at the Aussie ports, so would be surprised if I couldnt arrange that on board. cheers Meg.

CategoryCruises