Russell Hobbs 6 Litre RHSC600

Russell Hobbs 6 Litre RHSC600

MPNs: RHB-RHSC600 and RHSC600

Poor fitting lid

I purchsed the RHG802 and found the lid did not fit properly and there was a gap at the sides between pot and lid. I took it back to the shop and was told this is what it should be. I have concerns about the pot reaching temperature if there is a vent. The shop tried out several from the storeroom and we eventually found one with a slightly better fitting lid. I have used it and it does not seem to have a a vent although this lid is still sloppy in movement. I could only recommend this product on the basis that the purchaser checks the lid thoroughly. I was given the original ceramic bowl and lid to bring home as well. So that was a bonus.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Disappointed

Since I bought this slow cooker, less than a year ago, I've always had to put the meat in the oven when I get home after a long day at work. You would think the meat would be cooked if you put it on Low, Auto and I've even tried High, from 8am in the morning until 5/6pm at night. I've now given up... it's off to the rubbish bin. Very disappointed, as it's not a cheap buy

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Beware - dangerous exposed wiring

The cooker is great, but has a design flaw that is potentially dangerous.
The incoming power cord must turn at a sharp right angle beneath the base to enter into the cooker body.
In our cooker, which has occasional use, this has caused the black outer sheath and two inner wire sheathes to split, exposing copper wire.
These wires have the potential to touch each other and possibly the metal base.
I wanted to purchase a replacement, but noticed that the design was the same on current stock.
I also noted that no other major brands of slow cookers have the power cable entering at a right angle.
Beware. Consider another model for safety.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Yummy comfort food

Wow it got really cold really suddenly! Not to worry the bonus is yummy hot comfort food. We love soups and stews in our house and this is great. I do like to throw a roast with lots of veggies in and let it do it's thing. Works a treat!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Easy to use - makes cooking a breeze

From soups to stews to pulled pork...I'm sure I don't get as much use as I could out of it but it is great...I can put it on when walking out the door to work and when I get home it's ready to eat. Turns cheaper cuts of meat into a real tasty treat. There is nothing nicer in the middle of winter than walking into the house to be met by yummy food smells and being able to eat straight away !!! Love it - would be lost without it !!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very good handy cooking tool

Very happy with my purchase of this slow cooking crock pot. It is very easy to clean as the cooking liner is simply taken out of main unit and cleaned seperatly in the sink.
The pot features a low and high cooking setting and also an Auto setting which kick starts off cooking process quickly bringing it up to heat, then automatically switches to the low heat.
Size of the pot ideal for lamb, chicken etc, as opposed to round crock pots.

Easy to use, reliable

I have had my slow cooker for 8 years and its still going. Never had an issue.
Would recommend. It is easy to use put your ingredients and set high or low setting. Ie i usually put 1kg of frozen chicken in and a jar of satay and some veggies on at 6.30 am, on low, and its ready to eat that night would be ready to eat at 4pm. But i leave it on low till 6pm for dinner.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Really Good

This has been a great time saver now that we have a baby. We can just throw the ingredients in and make a healthy meal without spending hours in the kitchen. We put the leftovers in the fridge to cool then blend it up and freeze in icecube trays for baby sized portions. We purchased Russell Hobbs as we have found them to be reliable in the past.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A basic but reliable slow cooker

I bought this with the intention of using it for my first foray into the world of slow cooking. I was mainly interested in pulled meats and ribs and my partner wanted to make soups and stews. It's very convenient to just chuck everything in before work or before bed and let it do it's thing. I made a beef and guinness pie filling the other day and although I just used chuck steak, it was cooked to perfection and super delicious. The removable bowl is heavy and easy to clean and the stainless steel looks good and is also easy to clean. I think the 6 litre bowl is suitable for my needs and I look forward to many one-pot meals to come.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Cooker

People at work had being carrying on about how great their slow cooker was and how easy it was to prepare meals. Without any research we picked up this little gem. Its a lower profile unit compared to the Sunbeam we were considering so it takes up less space when stored. Comes with longer warranty as well. Does exactly what it needs to. Easy to use and simple to clean. It was on special as well :)

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Perfect large capacity

Perfect slow cooker easy to use and good value for money. Has a large coooking capacity and very easy to use. Its inexpensive and meals taste delicious. I was reluctant to purchase but am so happy i did. use it regularly and its so versatile. Best slow cooker. Very happy

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Easy to use

We needed to replace our old slow-cooker as the ceramic dish had cracked & was leaking. Hubby popped into the store & bought this one, no research was done prior to this, all I had told him was it needed to have a ceramic dish & a switch with the 3 settings on it.
I've been using this 3 times a week for the past month or so & it works perfectly, easy to clean and not heavy (for when you are washing it & putting it away).

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great product

It Cooks well, it doesn’t seem to get too hot
The slow cooker is Pretty easy to clean, a simple
Soak or wipe over
I Would like a warm function as well, not just low and high
The product is Not to heavy so storage I’m cupboard is ok
Good price for product

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Love it... use it every week.

It is very Easy to clean .... Always happy with the results of whatever i cook in my slow cooker. . Whether it's sweet or savory.. Love to organise the meal the night before. Get up early the next day pop it all in and let the cooker do is magic..

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Wonderful product!

I have made the most deliciius stews, silversides, curries etc with this slow cooker and every single time it has NEVER let me down!

It is very compact but provides large portions

It is INCREDIBLY easy to clean

It is super simple to use

I just love it and i highly reccomend it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Love this product

Have recently purchased and live this product. I like the feature of the elements being at the sides rather than the bottom and my previous cooker had which meant that some food would get burnt on their bottom. Great to cook roasts in. Leg of lamb so tender plus veggies done all in one pot.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good, but could be better

The whole slow cooker thing design is slightly faulty, as if it spills over, it goes inside and burns. This isn't just and issue with this design, they are all the same. The only major fault was that the ceramic insert developed cracks in the enamel after a short time, and the salts seem to come out when left.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great slow cooker

Cooks everything perfectly on low and high setting not one thing i can fault about it. simple to clean and best of all not many dishes at the end of the day. makes cooking easy from casseroles to curries to pulled beef it just works so well. Even my kids enjoy the meals it cooks.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

So convenient.

Great cooking results. So easy to use. It suggests that you fry off your meat etc first but it's not essential, especially if your pressed for time as everything will come out well cooked in the end. Beware not to put the ceramic on an element as it can crack on high heat. Great for two people.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

My best friend!

I love this slow cooker! I previously had the smaller sizedone and upgraded to this one, it heats up rather quickly and to a good temperature, I use this slow cooker all the time and it makes life so much easier. Very happy with the cooking results, most things I put in there on high for 4 hours.

Date PurchasedJul 2017