MPNs: 6140, RHB-RHSC600 and RHSC600

Should I get a slow cooker, pressure cooker or multi cooker?

Thanks to slow cookers, pressure cookers and multi cookers, the days of slaving away over a stovetop are over. This buying guide will help you decide which kitchen appliance is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Returned one day after purchasing without using it

My review is on the actual product rather than the cooking capability. When I got the unit home and unpacked it I found that the lid did not sit properly on the insert. IT felt as if the lid was buckled. I returned it and asked to check other lids with other boxed items and they were all the same. the lid doesn't sit correctly allowing air to escape., so I'm not surprised about the review's regarding not cooking properly.

Purchased in December 2020 for $69.99.

Disappointed.

Disappointed.Tasmania

Auto and low don't work

As per other reviews this slow cooker simply does not cook properly. After 3 hours on auto liquid was only luke warm. Have had slow cookers before and found them great but this one is definitely a dud. Returning mine under warranty- wish me luck!!

Purchased in June 2020.

alphacinator

alphacinatorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Steamless Potato Cooker

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $49.00.

Vicki

VickiHunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed.

I'm always careful with my slow cooker as I loved it very much. I placed the lib in the dishwasher and it just shattered all through my dishwasher and what a mess. I had always put it in the dishwasher an the information says dishwasher proof. I purchased it from Target June 2019 $69.00 and of course I don't have the receipt. Now what so I do? A slow cooker without a lid. Thanks Russell. Very disappointed.

Purchased in June 2019 for $69.00.

Ten hCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fantastic slow cooker

Fantastic product. This is my second slow cooker and wouldn’t buy any other brand. I use this a couple time a week to cook roasts and other meals I even cook the Xmas pudding in it. Perfect size for a big family. I leave the meat in it all day on low and it’s perfect. The dish cleans up great.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $49.00.

Simone

SimoneSydney, NSW

Russell Hobbs 6 Litre RHSC600

Purchased in March 2017 at Target Australia for $55.00.

BanjoPaterson

BanjoPatersonYarralumla 2600, ACT

Good Slow Cooker

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $49.95.

John

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stylish, easy to use and cooks evenly

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $45.00.

jasoninperth

jasoninperthPerth, WA

The glass lid exploded

On its third use, the glass lid exploded with a loud bang. Machine was on low at the time and had been cooking for about 5 hours. How on earth does a glass lid just explode and shatter?

Purchased in August 2019 at Amazon for $65.00.

Mal

MalMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Dissapointed

Have tried 2 of these and both of the slow cooker the lid did not seal will never purchase any of thus company's products again. I find it very disappointing that the same fault is in the replacement cooker.

Purchased in July 2019 at Beta Electrical for $69.00.

Very disappointed.

Very disappointed with this brand. Vegetables ( small cut potatoes still hard). Meat tuff after being on Auto for 6 hours. Upped the temp to hot for an hour and still very hard. Will need to replace and buy another brand. Only used twice.

Purchased in October 2018 at harris scarfe Shellharbour for $50.00.

Poor fitting lid

I purchsed the RHG802 and found the lid did not fit properly and there was a gap at the sides between pot and lid. I took it back to the shop and was told this is what it should be. I have concerns about the pot reaching temperature if there is a vent. The shop tried out several from the storeroom and we eventually found one with a slightly better fitting lid. I have used it and it does not seem to have a a vent although this lid is still sloppy in movement. I could only recommend this product on the basis that the purchaser checks the lid thoroughly. I was given the original ceramic bowl and lid to bring home as well. So that was a bonus.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Disappointed

Since I bought this slow cooker, less than a year ago, I've always had to put the meat in the oven when I get home after a long day at work. You would think the meat would be cooked if you put it on Low, Auto and I've even tried High, from 8am in the morning until 5/6pm at night. I've now given up... it's off to the rubbish bin. Very disappointed, as it's not a cheap buy

Date PurchasedOct 2017
gs

gsMelbourne

Beware - dangerous exposed wiring

The cooker is great, but has a design flaw that is potentially dangerous.
The incoming power cord must turn at a sharp right angle beneath the base to enter into the cooker body.
In our cooker, which has occasional use, this has caused the black outer sheath and two inner wire sheathes to split, exposing copper wire.
These wires have the potential to touch each other and possibly the metal base.
I wanted to purchase a replacement, but noticed that the design was the same on current stock.
I also noted that no other major brands of slow cookers have the power cable entering at a right angle.
Beware. Consider another model for safety.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Patsy

PatsyMelbourne

Yummy comfort food

Wow it got really cold really suddenly! Not to worry the bonus is yummy hot comfort food. We love soups and stews in our house and this is great. I do like to throw a roast with lots of veggies in and let it do it's thing. Works a treat!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Lisa

LisaMandurah

Easy to use - makes cooking a breeze

From soups to stews to pulled pork...I'm sure I don't get as much use as I could out of it but it is great...I can put it on when walking out the door to work and when I get home it's ready to eat. Turns cheaper cuts of meat into a real tasty treat. There is nothing nicer in the middle of winter than walking into the house to be met by yummy food smells and being able to eat straight away !!! Love it - would be lost without it !!!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Paul

Paul

Very good handy cooking tool

Very happy with my purchase of this slow cooking crock pot. It is very easy to clean as the cooking liner is simply taken out of main unit and cleaned seperatly in the sink.
The pot features a low and high cooking setting and also an Auto setting which kick starts off cooking process quickly bringing it up to heat, then automatically switches to the low heat.
Size of the pot ideal for lamb, chicken etc, as opposed to round crock pots.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
min1234

min1234AU

Easy to use, reliable

I have had my slow cooker for 8 years and its still going. Never had an issue.
Would recommend. It is easy to use put your ingredients and set high or low setting. Ie i usually put 1kg of frozen chicken in and a jar of satay and some veggies on at 6.30 am, on low, and its ready to eat that night would be ready to eat at 4pm. But i leave it on low till 6pm for dinner.

Date PurchasedJuly 2010
Kipper

KipperMelbourne

Really Good

This has been a great time saver now that we have a baby. We can just throw the ingredients in and make a healthy meal without spending hours in the kitchen. We put the leftovers in the fridge to cool then blend it up and freeze in icecube trays for baby sized portions. We purchased Russell Hobbs as we have found them to be reliable in the past.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Matttones

MatttonesMelbourne

A basic but reliable slow cooker

I bought this with the intention of using it for my first foray into the world of slow cooking. I was mainly interested in pulled meats and ribs and my partner wanted to make soups and stews. It's very convenient to just chuck everything in before work or before bed and let it do it's thing. I made a beef and guinness pie filling the other day and although I just used chuck steak, it was cooked to perfection and super delicious. The removable bowl is heavy and easy to clean and the stainless steel looks good and is also easy to clean. I think the 6 litre bowl is suitable for my needs and I look forward to many one-pot meals to come.

Date PurchasedNov 2017