Russell Hobbs Steamglide Ultra 20551AU

Russell Hobbs Steamglide Ultra 20551AU

MPN: 20551AU
See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Russell Hobbs

3.6

JulieHopwood
    JulieHopwoodMid North Coast, NSW

Loved the features of this iron

Loved this iron while it worked only had it 5 years doesn’t get used a lot mostly work uniforms, my last one I had for over 20 years, I chose this one as Russell Hobbs was meant to be a great appliance, loved the features long cord auto turn off shot of steam etc

Sam
    SamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unstable.

Unstable. Slightly jostled my ironing board and it toppled over and landed nose first on the tiles, bending the front of the hotplate. Ruined after one use. Make the base slightly larger please.

Purchased in for $39.

BV182
    BV182Melbourne

Performs as expected

Happy with this iron - got it on sale for a good price and it does exactly what I expect it to.
    I try to avoid ironing as much as possible but this is easy to use and gets the job done.
    Plenty of steam and simple to operate. Would recommend

Didn't last long

It was a good iron while it lasted. Stopped working less than 3 months after purchasing. Got 10min use 5 days a week, so not exactly overworked. Would expect more from a Russell Hobbs product. Took it back and bought a sunbeam. Hopefully I will get better use from this one.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Russell Hobbs Steamglide Ultra 20551AU compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Kelly H
    Kelly H

Great Product at a Great Price

I have had the Steamglide Ultra iron for a few months now and have used it on numerous different fabrics and it's great! It feels very smooth on all fabrics. It heats up very fast and is hot right to the tip! Great value for money. Would recommend this product for sure!

Date Purchased

Too heavy and the shot of stream button is way too hard to push

I just bought this iron and I am extremely disappointed. The amount of pressure to get that steam shot button down is exhausting. I found it to not glide very well at all. I am afraid that I would not recommend it especially to anyone who may have aches and pains in their hands. I thought that paying extra for an iron would mean better quality but not in this case. I think it also looks plastic and cheap. I like a heavy iron and also chose it for this but when using it for an hour I found it way to heavy and quite exhausting.

Jilly BeanSydney, NSW

Brilliant!

I am a designer and fabric artist. Use this iron every day at least three hours. Fantastic! The way to judge a good iron is if it is hot right to the tip as I need just the tip sometimes.....this one never fails! ............Can't fault it!!! Has self clean button which is genius.

Date Purchased

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
    The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
    Telescope
    TelescopeHawthorn

Put in years of good service

This has been perfect! It has given years of faultless service and caused precisely no problems. It heats up quickly and holds its temperature well. It gets used most mornings before works and always does a good job. Cord length is fine and the base plate seems like quality metal. No worries at all

Jay
    JayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Value Iron

Bought this iron as a replacement as my old one was not getting the job done. Bought this one because for it's quality it was very cheap. It has been really good, smooth action and good steamer that does not leak too much. Heats up very quickly and has a sturdy build.

Jade W
    Jade WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap and does the job well!

Cheap without compromising quality. It is durable, and not flimsy like many others this price. The weight of the iron is heavy enough to press clothing nicely, gliding along, but not too heavy as to give your arm an ache!
    Heats up fast, very accurate temp control, we love the steam and self clean option, and is a very reliable product. We love it!

Le_Boeuf
    Le_Boeufmelbourne

Nice Iron Works Well

My wife and I complete to use the iron most mornings and so it gets a good work out at our place. We are both happy with this Russell Hobbs model we picked up from Big W. It heats up quickly and holds the temperature very well. The cord is long enough to not be a bother and it glides nicely on the fabric. Basically completely happy with it no complaints!

Barrelman
    BarrelmanAlbury

Reliable Iron No Worries

I have had general good luck with Russel Hobbs appliances and the same it true for this iron.
    It not exactly the sort of thing to get excited about, more of a case of it being solid and reliable and giving no problems. It warms up fast, steams well, the surface doesn't clog up and the cord is long enough. That's about all I need in an iron and this does it well

Kaz07
    Kaz07Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good iron

I bought this because it received good reviews and I am very happy with it. The iron has a large ironing surface but is light. It heats up fast, has a good steam and spray function and a long cord. Unlike my old iron it does not spit. The temperature control is good. My only quibble is that the plastic cup for filling the iron is tiny. You need 3 or 4 trips to the tap to get enough water to fill the iron. Fortunately I kept the plastic cup from my old iron.

Dee
    DeeMelbourne

Waste of money.

after my 20 year old sunbeam iron which gave me no trouble and lasted over 20 years stopped working I thought I'd buy a Russell Hobbs replacement thinking it was a reputable brand. Big mistake. It lasted only 4 months then died. Would never buy another one. Waste of money.

Janny
    JannyToowoomba

A fantastic iron that works

This is an easy and very effective and functional iron. Thankyou!!! After trying so many irons in different price brackets this iron has everything you want and makes ironing enjoyable. The steam function is wonderful, a nice long cord and it is light and easy to use. Love it XOXO I am going back to buy a spare just incase I wont be able to get one in the future.