Ryobi RBCGM25SS / RBCGM25BB

Ryobi RBCGM25SS / RBCGM25BB

RBCGM25SS, RBCGM25BB

See the Best Petrol Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

RajSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible product. Does not start easily

I bought this product but it is really pain to have it.
Motor does not start easily. I tried fo do all that is written on the instruction manual but it gives more pain than fun. I was very happy with my cheaper electric trimmer, had no issues at all. Not worth spending that much.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Don't ever buy

Have had 4 replaced under warranty in 3 years, would never recommend anyone buy one. Engine failed twice after about 12 months (progessive loss of power ending up with no power), fuel tank leak. The area you attach attacments to is very weak metal bends attachments will come loose. All 4 units ive had require you to start on choke even when hot. Good power when running, no spare parts or service from Bunnings,
I put Ryobi in same basket as Ozito, semi-cheap Chinese crap, but just keep your receipts and get a new one every 6 to 12 months under the 2 year warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Bill

BillMelbourne

Spare parts are a rip off!

Yes the product works well until you need spare parts.
The plastic knob on the line head, used to wind in the new line, is not available on its own. ($5-10 Part?)
Replacement head is $45.
I have a Ryobi lawn mower and the catcher has problems.
Will not buy Ryobi again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

LoftyAdelaide

Very happy

I've used stil and high powered units. I need a extra line cutter and got 25cc ryobi. I am impressed. Easy start great power and comfy for over long periods of work. It has a good line feed I'm hard on my units and happy so far. Bloody great at the price. I'll get attachments and add review

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Update on 25ss
I bent shaft with puner attachment, Got spare part but was faulty, lots of wasted time. So got credit and purchased another new unit. All good. The puner works well , I got the hedger also but that is totally useless.

Leaking Fuel Tank Grommet from New

It works fine with two exceptions:
a) The locking mechanism on the handlebars cannot be tightened sufficiently to stop them moving in use. I can live with this.
b) The fuel tank grommet has leaked from new and nobody stocks spares; and as the hole in fills is a non standard 24mm other commonly available grommets don't work. This is very difficult to live with and has put me off ever again buying another Ryobi 2 stroke product.

Edit/Update: I did eventually give in and buy a new replacement fuel tank and guess what it is of a new design with no grommet.

Peter Rowley

Peter Rowley

Ryobi Brush Cutter - RBCGM25BB

- I had a Ryobi for over 20 years, it was terrific, but one day it stopped. I determined it was the Petrol Tank. I went to get a new tank, but found it was going to cost almost as much as a new Brush Cutter. I figured I had had such a good run out of my old "Hornet Green" Ryobi, that I would buy a new one. All of my other bits would fit, so it seemed like a good idea. It didn't last the season before it failed. I determined it was the coil. I was very cheezed off. Has Ryobi gone the way of 'nearly' all the other manufacturers? Cheap, Cheap, Cheap, means? more Junk to fill the already overfull tips?? Very Disappointed.

Peter from the Tweed

Peter from the TweedTweed

Good Value

I couldn't justify the expense of a 'professional' machine for the amount of use it will get. So I took a chance on a cheap Ryobi.

I've had it for a year now and I'm very impressed. It ALWAYS starts, even with old fuel. Its ergonomics are pretty good, and it has enough power to get through some pretty decent undergrowth. I've had no issues with it at all.

Ryobi certainly seems to have lifted their game in recent years, if this product is any guide.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

This is a great machine to keep

I purchased my Ryobi RBCGM25SS "Not Working & Fuel Leaks" from a private seller. Rebuild the carby with new Diaphragm & Gasket Kit. For the fuel leaks, I had replace with my complete fuel line kit. Now it always starts on first pull and great machine for me to keep. Of course I am carrying all different ZAMA and Walbro Diaphragm and Gasket Kit for Ryobi and other Trimmer/Brushcutter brands. And the most common problem with this model is the fuel leaks which I also carry a complete fuel line kit. After two years, the rubber grommer will hardened and starts to leak fuel. Replacing the fuel line kit is very easy and will surely fix the issue.

the marketing product is wrong

My Ryobi Trimmer / brush cutter does the job . spare parts are a problem .
Went to Bunning to buy a seal for the fuel cap or even the whole cap , not a part in Bunning for Ryobi .
If you have the monopoly on a product you should keep the fast moving parts .Never ever buy Ryobi / Homlite product

Don A

Don ASydney

Happy with purchase

I purchased my one from Bunnings just over 2 years ago and has around 15 hours of use in that time. Starts easily and has never stalled on me.

The grommet on the fuel line just started leaking for me (as it did another reviewer) so I thought I'd add this review for anyone with the issue.

I went to Lane Cove mower repairs and picked up a replacement grommet and fuel line for $25 which has worked perfectly. I have seem them on eBay for less but by buying local I could take in the old one to make sure of the fit.

Replacement was easier than I thought. I did leave the line to the primer in place and put it back through the grommet as it didn't come out easily and I didn't want to break anything.

Rev

RevMelbourne

Ryobi are rubbish

I have had two of them - one was an insurance replacement. The first one was relatively cheap but no end of trouble with great difficulty starting and hard to feed line. The second was a more upmarket model but the connection between motor and head died after a few uses. No spare parts available. Ryobi were quite uninterested. Interestingly I had a Ryobi pressure washer for a while - same story. I'll buy another brand - anything but Ryobi.

Good bit of kit

Starts well, runs well and does what you ask of it. Powerful enough to tackle the thick stuff with the hard blade. Only problem is fuel leaking from the grommet/fuel line but i guess after 2 years and not always draining the unused fuel, it was to be expected. I would buy again

Great whipper snipper

this is a great machine, i have a small home lawn business and this thing rips choke it one pull put it on run and starts up right away. i have the edger, brush cutter and whipper head attachments, they have done it again.
I also have the petrol leaf blower and a couple of drills and saws i just love them good quality for the proce
good quality, reliable and very inexpensive

The only thing missing is ...

Gone but not forgotten

It had a and uneventful life. Went well for 5min then decided to die. I did however spend 55min trying to get it to revive it....sadly after dislocating my shoulder trying to gently coax it to life I gave up. I drained the fuel....and will now drive the 1.5 hour round trip to return it....a most pleasant way to start my weekend.
The accessories are excellent
Dies when you actually use it

Rebecca Newton

Rebecca NewtonGold Coast, Queensland

hubby is happy!

bought one of these for my hubby six months ago for xmas and it has been great (or he has been great with it... not sure which one). But he loves it and I have never heard him complain about it. I knew Ryobi was a well known brand but did not know about their quality rating. I would recommend Ryobi to anyone now.
price, quality

davidbrowntgm
davidbrowntgm
jpsands
jpsands

Same happened to me! How did you go with Bunnings?

sirslackcat
sirslackcat

Country boy

Country boyLitchfield, NT

Bloody bewdy, mate

Koala52
Koala52

How much is this machine?

around $200 very good for the price

kp

kpQLD, 4560

• Selected Review

Reasonable price and value

Easy to use and seems robust. The harness is helpful when using for a long period of time on large lots. It takes a bit to get used to the harness, but the handles are worth it for the tougher jobs.

String is easy to change. The harder blade is easy to change as well, although it's use is probably quite specific (our tougher stuff is easier with the electric trimmer or chainsaw).

Overall, excellent value for money. Happy with Bunnings and how they back up their product as well. Just remember: when buying at Bunnings, their receipts can fade, so copy or scan it for your warrenty records.
Light, simple, and durable.
Harness a bit awkward at first until you get it set up right.

effbee

effbeeMackay

Works and starts well - but fuel cap leaked after a year or so

Very powerful for a 25cc.
Xpand-it capable ( I have a hedge trimmer attachment which gets heavy use.Works well on hedges up to 2m high)
Starts well. Does get hot when holding in certain positions. No engine or gear box trouble.
Only complaint is sudden fuel leak apparently due to the fuel cap O ring malfunction.
Trying to buy a new one from Bunnings.
Easy starting, good as hedge trimmer, good as line trimmer.
Fuel leak from cap.

John
John

Where did you get the fuel tank cap seal from

Fishy1979