Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+

Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+

MPN: RCD18

Mr Burns

Mr Burns

Should be sold in toy shops, not hardware stores.

The Ryobi RCD One cordless drill and sander both overheat and stop working after ten seconds of very light work. I highly recommend them as Christmas gifts for children - and because they don't work, they're very safe!

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

JMY60

JMY60Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ryobi handyman tool only

Reliable, but not for heavy use on a job site. The small batteries (1.5Ah) are useless and don't have any grunt or lasting power. You need at least 4 Ah batteries. The chuck is plastic and steel dogs, but it will not grab a hold of fine drill bits. Anything 2mm or less it will not hold. Other brands like Makita and AEG will hold a tiny bit (eg a 1mm drill bit). The chuck is it's biggest weakness.

Purchased for A$169.00.

Peter

Peter

Delivers power and reliability

Bought a Ryobi One set for an oversees job and this drill came with it. I thought leaving the tools behind, instead of shipping back, but liked it too much. Despite the bad reviews mine has delivered all of the time with grunt and reliability. I rather grab this tool, instead of my heavy duty Milwaukee battery drill. Their battery technology is as good as the company they bought (Milwaukee) . I did not expect much, but still awaits the day it disappoints.

John Kilpatrick

John KilpatrickSydney, NSW

Does the job, no complaints

Bought one from Bunnings and i'm happy with it. Good enough for DIY jobs around the house. Price is good and i'm sure it will last long enough for my basic usage.

Loved it. Until it broke

Review for RCD1802
Motor burnt out after 18 months of fairly heavy DIY use (probably a couple hundred hours of operation)
Up until then it was great and was up to everything I threw at it.
Would recommend only if you're going to be a light user
Certainly not grunty enough for masonry or for hole saws larger than 25mm

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$110.00.

David B

David BWestern District, VIC

Chuck it

I've had two of these drills now. Both have been let down by the key-less chuck slipping, especially on smaller bits. Very annoying! Otherwise the drill is fine.
Also on my second charging unit, first one out of warranty of course. Looking at different brands.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Haddy

HaddyLaunceston, TAS

Great Product

This product did a lot of work as i built a deck It Never faltered once and upon keeping the batteries up to it it never missed a beat and i can not talk highly enough of this product

Purchased in April 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.00.

Ryobi cordless tools thank goodness for a decent warranty

I have faithfully bought a range of Ryobi cordless tools only to be disappointed. The pole pruner had to be returned due to oil leaking as soon as it was put in use, combo kit had a battery fail needing to be returned and now a line trimmer wont feed the line and I haven't finished the first spool yet. Warranty is great but the tool quality control needs to be better.
Garry

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Claire BearSouthwest, VIC

Renovating Miracle

After having used other cordless drills and found them to be ho hum at best I was reluctant to go down the same path again. But having cancer changed all of this. I found I needed tools that were light weight, easy to use and battery operated. So I picked up a second hand Ryobi plus one drill. I used it to do some home renovating and I was sold - love the keyless chuck. The batteries charge very quickly and last a long time. This drill has more power than my old corded Bosch drill. Crazy I know but I did give the old drill a hard time over the years. I was so impressed that I have gone out and bought a spare drill and a few more of the Ryobi plus one range. Next step a 6 port multi battery charger and I am set :)

Purchased in June 2019 at secondhand for A$50.00.

Roger P.

Roger P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

fit for proffesional use

Being in the property renovation business this product was used on a daily basis and i had the product for 4 years until i abused it a little too much and broke the gearbox ( i was trying to start a go kart engine with an attachment before it submitted........it did start the engine about 8 or 9 times previous). Went out and bought another one. Good value for money.

Purchased in November 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Naveen

NaveenVictoria

Over-prized and and over advertised by Bunnies warehouse for DIY Bunnies

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$199.00.

Waz

WazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Going Well

Four years old and has had quite a lot of use. Still working well, although the chuck head seems to have developed a little bit of looseness where it meets the drill body. The only real complaint I would have about this drill is the size of the smallest drill bit it accommodates. Any bits smaller than 2mm and the drill does not clamp onto them tight enough to use. The chuck jaws remain too open for this to occur. An easy fix by RYOBI I would think.

Purchased in March 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Lockies Dad

Lockies DadSouth West, WA

Excellent machine, battery life and set is brilliant

I purchased the Ryobi one + drill as my previous cordless did not last more than 14 months. After using this drill for multiple projects I then went on to purchase many other one + tools. The good thing with this tool set is one battery fits all tools, and the life is lengthy even with much use.
The drill has never over heated, has two speeds and excellent torque.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Harvey Wilson

Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressive

I replaced my ancient Black and Decker 7.2V cordless drill with this Ryobi drill and am very impressed. I particularly like that the speed can be controlled by how much you press the trigger. It means that i can start off screws slowly.

The one thing i have always hated though are keyless chucks. This one, however so far seems to work well. There is a satisfying click when it is tight and it is easy to loosen afterwards as well.

If you are in the Ryobi One+ ecosystem, i recommend it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$108.00.

ricdanger

ricdangerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

failproof workhorse

Am really happy with choosing the one series. Not one of the products (except maybe the polisher) has not met expectations. I use and abuse my cordless screwdriver/drill and it's never missed a beat.

Purchased in August 2010 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$170.00.

Terry W.

Terry W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great reliable staple o the toolbox

Purchased Father's Day 2016 as part of a bundle, hasn't missed a beat since and is used almost daily. Also has created a monster as I have since purchased 10 x other Ryobi 1+ tools.

Purchased in September 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$199.00.

DaveJ

DaveJCanberra 2600, ACT

Whole Chuck 'sleeve' broken after very light use

I purchased this drill in Feb15 and over the last month or so i noticed the whole chuck plastic 'sleeve' has come out of the unit. Ryobi technical support said the whole chuck or gearbox could be gone(cracked). Yes out of old 2year warranty however the currently available 6yr warranty would have covered it. Ryobi direct no help and no service centres in ACT. Why in the last 6mths offer 6yr warranty instead of 2?? Quality control.

Sorry can't recommend, try another brand.

(Also made a similar review directly to the Ryobi website a few days ago giving a similar review.... Hasnt been published!!? Guess only 4 & 5 Star reviews get published. )

Purchased in February 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$235.00.

owen

owenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely useful

Have had this particular drill kit for a while and has been extremely useful, I purchased in mid 2017, and has been used for general around the house stuff to letting to kids use it for projects. Has a great range of torque settings allowing straight drilling to gentle screwing. This particular model came with the 5 and 1.5 amp hour batteries, which seem to hold charges extremely well between uses, which can be up to a month or 2, charge time is also good. Would definitely buy another Ryobi again, and it is great being able to use the batteries for other one+ skins ( I intend to start adding to the collection)

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Kevin

KevinHorsham

Pleased

Brought a 36cm cordless mower, so happy with it. I wish I could show the grass I use it on. I've found the battery performs better wit cooler outside temperatures. Leaves a good finish. Very good engineering, you got the profile of the cutting blade just right. Only tip make sure switch is durable, & use batteries high in amp hrs, thank you.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Gary

Great value and good quality

I bought a small pistol drill and it is a little beauty i also bought a small angle grinder and it is a little beauty as well the woranty is great and the quality of them is superb they have come a long way from what they use to be and they are so cheap

Date PurchasedAug 2018

240 volt it was

frannross

frannrossasked

Can I still buy a charger please

Larsanderssasked

Someone (actually not myself) i think has dropped my machine and i think it had a blow on the upper left side of the chuck because it seems to have lost its stability and support in the downward right direction. I have opened it guessing that the problem is inside the twistable part just behind the chuck. Has anyone had the same problem and can guide me a bit maybe ? Or does anyone know if the screw holding the chuck is right or left threaded ??

It was part of a 50 year present from my brothers so i would like to have it running again (it does work but does not feel ok to use).

Lars A

Larsanderss

I have already opened the device and my guess is that the thread is backwards.... do i have to put everything back in the housing to be able to remove the chuck without loosing everything that can (and will) fall out of the gear housing ??

Claire Bear

If you look on youtube their are clips which show you how to pull apart your drill and replace the damaged chuck. The chuck is available through ebay or Bunnings and other stores. You just need to find one that is compatable with your drill. As how to remove chuck assembly -- https://www.hunker.com/13415303/how-to-remove-a-ryobi-drill-chuck

How to Remove a Ryobi Drill Chuck
Lock the drill's trigger switch. ...
Insert the 5/16" hex key into the chuck and tighten the jaws. ...
Tap the hex key with the mallet in a clockwise direction. ...
Open the chuck jaws and take out the hex key. ...
Put the hex key back into the chuck and tighten the jaws again. ...
Unscrew the chuck by hand.

Sausage

Sausageasked

Where is hammer action?

Johnny Hiroshima
Johnny Hiroshima

This drill does not have a hammer function. It is a drill/driver only.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryDrills