Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+

Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+

MPN: RCD18

See the Best Drills in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Roger P.

Roger P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

fit for proffesional use

Being in the property renovation business this product was used on a daily basis and i had the product for 4 years until i abused it a little too much and broke the gearbox ( i was trying to start a go kart engine with an attachment before it submitted........it did start the engine about 8 or 9 times previous). Went out and bought another one. Good value for money.

Purchased in November 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Naveen

NaveenVictoria

Over-prized and and over advertised by Bunnies warehouse for DIY Bunnies

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Waz

WazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Going Well

Four years old and has had quite a lot of use. Still working well, although the chuck head seems to have developed a little bit of looseness where it meets the drill body. The only real complaint I would have about this drill is the size of the smallest drill bit it accommodates. Any bits smaller than 2mm and the drill does not clamp onto them tight enough to use. The chuck jaws remain too open for this to occur. An easy fix by RYOBI I would think.

Purchased in March 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

Lockies Dad

Lockies DadSouth West, WA

Excellent machine, battery life and set is brilliant

I purchased the Ryobi one + drill as my previous cordless did not last more than 14 months. After using this drill for multiple projects I then went on to purchase many other one + tools. The good thing with this tool set is one battery fits all tools, and the life is lengthy even with much use.
The drill has never over heated, has two speeds and excellent torque.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Harvey Wilson

Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressive

I replaced my ancient Black and Decker 7.2V cordless drill with this Ryobi drill and am very impressed. I particularly like that the speed can be controlled by how much you press the trigger. It means that i can start off screws slowly.

The one thing i have always hated though are keyless chucks. This one, however so far seems to work well. There is a satisfying click when it is tight and it is easy to loosen afterwards as well.

If you are in the Ryobi One+ ecosystem, i recommend it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $108.00.

ricdanger

ricdangerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

failproof workhorse

Am really happy with choosing the one series. Not one of the products (except maybe the polisher) has not met expectations. I use and abuse my cordless screwdriver/drill and it's never missed a beat.

Purchased in August 2010 at Bunnings Warehouse for $170.00.

Terry W.

Terry W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great reliable staple o the toolbox

Purchased Father's Day 2016 as part of a bundle, hasn't missed a beat since and is used almost daily. Also has created a monster as I have since purchased 10 x other Ryobi 1+ tools.

Purchased in September 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

DaveJ

DaveJCanberra 2600, ACT

Whole Chuck 'sleeve' broken after very light use

I purchased this drill in Feb15 and over the last month or so i noticed the whole chuck plastic 'sleeve' has come out of the unit. Ryobi technical support said the whole chuck or gearbox could be gone(cracked). Yes out of old 2year warranty however the currently available 6yr warranty would have covered it. Ryobi direct no help and no service centres in ACT. Why in the last 6mths offer 6yr warranty instead of 2?? Quality control.

Sorry can't recommend, try another brand.

(Also made a similar review directly to the Ryobi website a few days ago giving a similar review.... Hasnt been published!!? Guess only 4 & 5 Star reviews get published. )

Purchased in February 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $235.00.

owen

owenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely useful

Have had this particular drill kit for a while and has been extremely useful, I purchased in mid 2017, and has been used for general around the house stuff to letting to kids use it for projects. Has a great range of torque settings allowing straight drilling to gentle screwing. This particular model came with the 5 and 1.5 amp hour batteries, which seem to hold charges extremely well between uses, which can be up to a month or 2, charge time is also good. Would definitely buy another Ryobi again, and it is great being able to use the batteries for other one+ skins ( I intend to start adding to the collection)

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Kevin

KevinHorsham

Pleased

Brought a 36cm cordless mower, so happy with it. I wish I could show the grass I use it on. I've found the battery performs better wit cooler outside temperatures. Leaves a good finish. Very good engineering, you got the profile of the cutting blade just right. Only tip make sure switch is durable, & use batteries high in amp hrs, thank you.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Gary

Great value and good quality

I bought a small pistol drill and it is a little beauty i also bought a small angle grinder and it is a little beauty as well the woranty is great and the quality of them is superb they have come a long way from what they use to be and they are so cheap

Date PurchasedAug 2018

240 volt it was

Battery & charger failed

Very disappointed with the battery that wouldn’t charge, then had a faulty charger. It was like pulling teeth to try and get them swapped over in store, very poor experience. Will now go buy a Bosch drill as they have a 6 yr warranty and my old corded stuff has always been reliable.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

John OLeary

John OLearyVictor Harbor

Corruption by Stealth

I Purchased a Drill Today. It just took my wife 15 Minutes to successfully register on their site, for extended warranty. They have hundreds of Products but do you think they will gather all drills together and do you think they will have them up the top? No way. They just want to chase the Customer away from their effort. They have a Spin Doctor, who lays in Bed every NIght, working out how he can terrorize Customers, so they will go away. Crap

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Ian M

Ian MSydney, NSW

Let down by the chuck

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Home Handyman

bought this just over a year ago. Drill doesn't drill more than one hole without battery going flat. I thought Ryobi would be great for handyman I was wrong.Tried discharging and recharging batteries.I was going to buy corded, now wish that I did. I will definitely avoid battery powered tools in the future

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Johnny Hiroshima

Johnny HiroshimaLoxton

Good drill.

I’ve been using this drill pretty steadily for over a month and I can’t fault it.

Used it mostly for driving screws and it had no issues driving into really thick and dense wood.

Used it a bit for drilling into both metal and wood and it handled both with ease.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Flyby

FlybyNSW, 2456

Can't fault it

I bought this drill/driver in May 2015 and it has done a huge amount of work since and never missed a beat. The 4 AH battery lasts and lasts so I use this one most of the time. When it is exhausted I swap to the 1.5AH and that has enough power to last well after the 4AH one has had time to recharge. The led light is great for seeing what you are doing in dark corners. It replaced a Ryobi drill driver I bought in 2010 as the NiCad batteries were worn out. The good thing is though that the batteries of this drill fit my old one so I kept the old one. The bright green colour makes it easy to find as well & the soft canvas style case is much better that the old style hard cases.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Gazzo

Gazzo

Big failure

Bought a drill pack with 2 batteries I think I only used it about 3 times and it didn't do any hard work,went to use it one weekend and it didn't work, found the receipt had about 2weeks warranty left took it back they checked it at the counter and it worked but they did give me a new one ,very sorry I bought this brand

Date PurchasedJul 2015

kit

kitAU

Brilliant and expensive but worth the price

Easy to use. Just a little expensive but worth a extra cost for quality. Had my first drill stolen but love it so much got a new one off of eBay. Battery and charger are compatible with other 18volt ryobi products in the Ryobi ONE 18v line and my pleased that can just buy the other items skim such as angle grinder etc and use the drill battery. Saves on cost for future.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Pandi

PandiGreenacre

Faulty charger

Our one was purchased on the 27/12/2014, my husband used it very rarely. Last week he tried to charged the battery, but charger failed to charge. Took it to greenacre bunnings they said warranty expired 2 1/2 months ago - therefore we had to buy a new charger for $70. After few discussions with the store manager he charged $20 for the new charger. Very disappointed but had no choice.

Date PurchasedDec 2014