Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

• Portability
  • Blade Durability
Emorphe

EmorpheMelbourne

Should be called the crumpler!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

JohnOHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing

I needed a shredder/crusher for the limbs and prunings around our garden. After much research I spent $100 more than I intended on this machine.

We had just had a flood go through the bottom of our yard and there were quite a few limbs washed up; the ease with which it took care of then was great.

Next was the dreaded Boganvillia complete with 3cm spikes which I had avoided for a year. Clipped it off 3 meter cane, fed the thick end into the chute and the Ryobi did the rest; did not have to guide it or touch the viscous thing again.

An excellent machine, does an amazing job and the bonus is free mulch for the garden.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

Sax

SaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s great but Aldi sell identical model for $199

I’ve been very happy with it for the past 2+ years but after some heavy work the counter blade (the adjustable plate opposite the rotating blade) cracked requiring replacement. After scanning Bigspares schematics of the machine I realised it is precisely the same as the Aldi Gardenline Silent Shredder SGS2500 (PLU 51383) which sells for $199 but only once or twice a year and my parents own. Turns out the Gardenline part was $24 off eBay and the Ryobi part was $59 but it works perfectly. So you can interchange all the parts between the Ryobi and the Gardenline. Maybe the Ryobi has a higher grade or tougher alloy in it but it doesn’t appear to make any difference whatsoever. Worth doing the research but in any case a great mulcher.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrific

Great value Easy to use. Drags the timber in as efficiently as a much more expensive petrol engined unit ...It’s makes disposing of cutting fun and I had no difficulties adjusting the blades..

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$398.00.

Tonez

TonezSydney, NSW

Who needs a panda when you have this. Working as intended

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

Mick L

Mick LIllawarra, NSW

Does a great job.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

Diesel fan

Diesel fanCentral West, NSW

Does the job

I have previously owned a decent petrol powered chipper/shredder that I put a lots of stuff through but decided this time I wanted something quieter and simpler. The Ryobi does a great job, as other reviews say it chops rather than shreds. Just what I wanted. Works great on long straight stems, branches, canes, palm fronds etc Not so good with crooked or wide splayed branches, you have to cut them into fairly straight lengths so they fit the chute. That’s about it, very pleased with what it can do for the price paid ($399)

Purchased in March 2019 for A$399.00.

A chopper not a mulcher. This does not mulch

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$449.00.

Blade Durability

Doesnt seem to last that long though appears sid

I went to use it yest and it started and did few branches and then it stopped..
That was about three times in total ive used it since we bought it ?about 2yrs ago ..
We bought it from bunnings like we do nearly all tools.
It appears solid.,still looks new but we believe that the quality of items hve really deteriorated since being manufactured in china..
Honestly things seems to break dwn easily and made purposefully to break dwn just after bit of use..

Purchased in April 2016.

Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Surprisingly effective!

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

alan

alan

Really good, except...........

My Ryobi Silent Shredder worked perfectly, it shredded all I wanted big and small branches. However, I did wonder why the wood came out 'connected' with remaining bark. When I cleaned it after use, I found the pressure plate which is against the rotating blade was put in reversed, exactly as the manual says be careful NOT to do.
The overall performance was otherwise perfect.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

great home shredder/mulcher
purchased the display unit for a good price
already assembled, not been used
Made short work of pruning from my bottle brush ttrees
You got to do a bit of pruning of side branches for the to fit in feed opening
Very pleased with it
- - - - -

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Maralyn Manson

Maralyn MansonMargaret River, Western Australia

Simply set up and works with little or no mess

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Unsatisfactory

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Try getting spare parts

Very good all round chipper,as stated by others not so good on soft stuff but then not made for soft material.Best things are twigs and branches just eats them up.Now The Not So Good Part......Try getting spare parts!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Find out how Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T compares to other Garden Shredders

It’s a mulcher not a shredder.

Great mulcher. Good for shrubs and bushes as well as palm fronds. It’s does not shred leaves it’s not for that. It made short work of 2 dead 8 foot pittosporums and a stinky Prostanthera bush called “Minty”. Good construction and easy to adjust. Recommend this if you have a medium to larger garden.

Gardener

GardenerKilmore

Adjusting blades

I am sorry to be agreeing with the negative comment here as I am having the same trouble. It seems that other comments have mentioned adjusting the blades. Yes I have read the instructions, but unfortunately I don't understand what I am undoing with the allen key?? Simple suggestions would be gratefully received.
This is likely the user at fault (me). I wasn't going to give a star rating because at present I am hating my new purchase, but if anyone can explain what I am doing with the allen key and how I adjust the blades so I can shred into small pieces I would be more than happy to rate it higher.

ConsumerMan

ConsumerMan

Why Didn’t I Buy This Product Years Ago

Clay R

Clay RScone

Only squashes and mangles

This was useless. Tried for an hour and adjusted blade at all settings. Did not cut or shred anything, had hedge clippings and just flattened and mangled them. Complete waste of 6 hours of my life as 2hr drive to go buy this Product from Bunnings as live rural. I have no idea how anyone could give favourable rating, I was shocked to see people do so. I wanted this to shred plant material to make mulch, did not do anything remotely like that.

This is the ducks guts!

Bought it yesterday and worked it hard today. Once you work out what the stupid Japanese cartoons are trying to explain and you set the paddle depth, it is the best muncher I’ve used. It is very quiet and slowly grinds whatever to a compostable mulch. If you see a negative review I suggest the writer didn’t open the instruction book. Brilliant, buy one!

Date PurchasedMar 2018