Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

See the Best Garden Shredders in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Diesel fan

Diesel fanCentral West, NSW

Does the job

I have previously owned a decent petrol powered chipper/shredder that I put a lots of stuff through but decided this time I wanted something quieter and simpler. The Ryobi does a great job, as other reviews say it chops rather than shreds. Just what I wanted. Works great on long straight stems, branches, canes, palm fronds etc Not so good with crooked or wide splayed branches, you have to cut them into fairly straight lengths so they fit the chute. That’s about it, very pleased with what it can do for the price paid ($399)

Purchased in March 2019 for $399.00.

A chopper not a mulcher. This does not mulch

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $449.00.

Portability
Blade Durability

Doesnt seem to last that long though appears sid

I went to use it yest and it started and did few branches and then it stopped..
That was about three times in total ive used it since we bought it ?about 2yrs ago ..
We bought it from bunnings like we do nearly all tools.
It appears solid.,still looks new but we believe that the quality of items hve really deteriorated since being manufactured in china..
Honestly things seems to break dwn easily and made purposefully to break dwn just after bit of use..

Purchased in April 2016.

Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Surprisingly effective!

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Portability
Blade Durability

Really good, except...........

My Ryobi Silent Shredder worked perfectly, it shredded all I wanted big and small branches. However, I did wonder why the wood came out 'connected' with remaining bark. When I cleaned it after use, I found the pressure plate which is against the rotating blade was put in reversed, exactly as the manual says be careful NOT to do.
The overall performance was otherwise perfect.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

great home shredder/mulcher
purchased the display unit for a good price
already assembled, not been used
Made short work of pruning from my bottle brush ttrees
You got to do a bit of pruning of side branches for the to fit in feed opening
Very pleased with it
- - - - -

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Maralyn Manson

Maralyn MansonMargaret River, Western Australia

Simply set up and works with little or no mess

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Unsatisfactory

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Try getting spare parts

Very good all round chipper,as stated by others not so good on soft stuff but then not made for soft material.Best things are twigs and branches just eats them up.Now The Not So Good Part......Try getting spare parts!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

It’s a mulcher not a shredder.

Great mulcher. Good for shrubs and bushes as well as palm fronds. It’s does not shred leaves it’s not for that. It made short work of 2 dead 8 foot pittosporums and a stinky Prostanthera bush called “Minty”. Good construction and easy to adjust. Recommend this if you have a medium to larger garden.

Gardener

GardenerKilmore

Adjusting blades

I am sorry to be agreeing with the negative comment here as I am having the same trouble. It seems that other comments have mentioned adjusting the blades. Yes I have read the instructions, but unfortunately I don't understand what I am undoing with the allen key?? Simple suggestions would be gratefully received.
This is likely the user at fault (me). I wasn't going to give a star rating because at present I am hating my new purchase, but if anyone can explain what I am doing with the allen key and how I adjust the blades so I can shred into small pieces I would be more than happy to rate it higher.

ConsumerMan

ConsumerMan

Why Didn’t I Buy This Product Years Ago

Clay R

Clay RScone

Only squashes and mangles

This was useless. Tried for an hour and adjusted blade at all settings. Did not cut or shred anything, had hedge clippings and just flattened and mangled them. Complete waste of 6 hours of my life as 2hr drive to go buy this Product from Bunnings as live rural. I have no idea how anyone could give favourable rating, I was shocked to see people do so. I wanted this to shred plant material to make mulch, did not do anything remotely like that.

This is the ducks guts!

Bought it yesterday and worked it hard today. Once you work out what the stupid Japanese cartoons are trying to explain and you set the paddle depth, it is the best muncher I’ve used. It is very quiet and slowly grinds whatever to a compostable mulch. If you see a negative review I suggest the writer didn’t open the instruction book. Brilliant, buy one!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Rexyv

RexyvADELAIDE

Very Happy.

Had a large shrub to dispose of so i got a saw and garden shears.
That took a few hours to cut to a manageable pile. Was wondering about chasing up a trailer and taking to recycle yard.
Decided to buy myself the 2400W Electric Silent Shredder and within half hour of screwing it together and plugging it in the pile was gone.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rod

RodNewlands Arm

The best

I had a pile of prunings that would have taken weeks to put through the recycle bin and I don't have a trailer. This machine is good and solid. Nearly went for the Ozito but thought this would be more stable and the bin is really worthwhile. All the favourable comments below are true, the only negative comment seems inaccurate, - maybe an adjustment problem.

One year later.....
8 months stores with no use........
Still good, just did a pile of prunings. Didn't block up but then you don't want to go stuffing fine stuff in there - it does long stems and branches even with attached leaves better. Leaves and small stuff should just go straight into your compost bin as they will break down quickly anyway.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great value for money product

Date PurchasedNov 2017

ChristianG

ChristianGVIC, 3191

Constantly amazed at what it can eat

Date PurchasedAug 2017

NeoSamurai

NeoSamuraiEltham, Victoria

Didn't 'shred' or mulch at all - only mangled and repeatedly clogged. Returned it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

good shreeder

The shredder did work for a while and after emptying the rubbish would not go. Bunnings , Palmerston, N.T. and a phone call to Ryobi did solve the problem. The rubbish bucket must be but in with the lever to the rear. Problem solver and instructions could be better. All help to this not very smart person was greatly appreciated , thank you.

Date PurchasedAug 2017