3Ryobi Wet & Dry RVC-G Series

Ryobi Wet & Dry RVC-G Series Questions & Answers

Sonia b.
Sonia b. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

My unit is blowing air from both the exhaust outlet and the top handle unit on one side. Suction is low. Filter clean but have discovered a broken seal around the top of the unit where it attaches to the bucket. Is this the cause?

Mark C.
Mark C. · 30L Wet & Dry RVC-1430PPT-G

What is the new price of this vacum

bosso

No idea sorry. Also depends what country you live in!!

Corey T.

Have a look on the bunnings website or google it.
It would have taken more effort to ask the question on here.

Glen D.
Glen D. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

The on/off rocker switch is not working. If i turn the unit upside down the rocker switch falls off - so it is not seated on the switch. I tried pushing hard but I am concerned i might break something if I continue with that. Is there a simple answer to this problem. The unit is less than 6 months old.

Corey T.

I would take the piece of junk back to Bunning for either a refund, replacement or a completely different machine.
They are a rubbish machine and not very well designed espresso for a workshop vac

Alysia N.
Alysia N. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

Does anyone know why my vacuum is blowing air and not sucking?

Jo M.

I have this problem also and I can't figure out how to access the foam filter in the outlet

Paddy  O.
Paddy O. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

What class vac is 20ltr wet dry?

No idea sorry Paddy

Bob S. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

Can you get a kit for ryobi 20L wet and dry vacuum

bosso

Not sure what you mean, Bob

Corey T.

What do you mean by Kit??

Bob S.

I need to get some nozzles for when we are detailing cars.

stevemcmillan1
stevemcmillan1 · Wet & Dry RVC-G Series

I have one of these vacuums & I am using it to remove water from a flooded garage which it does well but the downside is the constant need to carry the canister outside (which only holds 13L & NOT 20L of water) to empty it. Is it possible to get a fitting that could attach to the drain plug on the bottom of the canister so I could then put a long hose on it to drain outside? Hopefully I could then vacuum water continuously with no need to empty the canister effectively using it as a vacuum water pump.

Norseman
Norseman

Great question.

Osteoarthritis relief
Osteoarthritis relief · 30L Wet & Dry RVC-1430PPT-G

size of bag required for this unit

Matt
Matt · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

How many decibels does this machine produce

Too many it's loud

Jackie G. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

Ours is about 12 months old and caught on fire, melting its innards. Why would that be?

KeithM
KeithM

Without knowing any of the circumstances it is impossible to say. However it will rely on air flowing through the motor to dissipate heat built up during operation and if that airflow is blocked I could see how that could cause the motor to burn out, especially if left for a prolonged period of time. Just think how your normal vacuum cleaner gets warm when in normal use. Mind you, I would have hoped Ryobi would include an overheat cutout for safety. Stupid question but I have to ask: I presume you weren't using it to suck up petrol or other flammable substance?

Jackie G.

No, just sawdust. The bag was very full apparently.

Melissa Rose
Melissa Rose · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

What is the chain that hangs down dragging on the ground?

thetrigman

I believe that in certain applications this vacuum is permanently installed in a workshop/workstation and switched on remotely with plumbing etc and the chain is to prevent it walking away over time.

Bud · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

The On/Off Switch on top of Ryobi is not working? Feels soft when you press either side. What is the problem?

Awaiting answet

Bud

Second time to write this! The On/ Off Switch is Not Working on my Ryobi. What is the Problem. Await your advice.

Bud

Still waiting to hear a reply.

Bud

Your Service Is NOT Working.. I have submitted my Question 3 times.
Do Not Send Me Any More Emails. Check your system .

Neil L
Neil L

Very demanding of a free service, with answers supplied by readers, not a company! I had to replace my power switch. Wasn't difficult, I paid $4.50 at Altronics & made it fit with little trouble. It's a cheap unit though, so people shouldn't expect to get the same qualities as a more expensive one. It performs remarkably well given the low price.

PFK
PFK · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

I have a Ryobi wet and dray cleaner. It has been excellent. However, at the moment it is blowing fine dust out the exhaust outlet and not picking up as well as it has been. I have cleaned the filter. Any clues?

bobmcleod
bobmcleod · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

how do you attach the bag

Bertie73
Bertie73

Hi Bob,If by Bag you mean the filter surrounding the motor housing, I had to unscrew the lid or covering plate on the base of the housing, the bag or filter could be worked off. Moving tin equal stages away from the frame. Because it has a slight tape at the top, it gets progressively easier. I washed and dried the filter and replaced after comparing both ends to ensure it was going back on in the correct way(fat end first). The tail end I ensured was clamped by the screw on base. Hope this helps ...cheers Bertie

thetrigman

a option also in these kinds of vacuums' is to line the bucket with a bin liner makes cleaning up easy.

Rod C.
Rod C. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

How to use for wet use

Explorer
Explorer

Instructions are given in the user manual.
Take out the filter and dust bag and use without those.

John B.
John B. · 20L Wet & Dry RVC-1220I-G

How do you attach the bag - the instructions are woeful?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ryobi Wet & Dry RVC-G Series