Sabco Lightning Mop

Sabco Lightning Mop

SAB3001, SAB3002, SAB30022, etc...

Absolute garbage - Do not purchase

Mop heads are of extremely low quality - on average they last no longer than one month having been used twice in that time before disintegrating before your very eyes. Garbage.

Purchased in March 2019 for $16.00.

Jtc001
Jtc001

Your original mop design actually worked!! Why was it changed?

I am absolutely dismayed at the newer designs of your mops. I have used Sabco mops for decades with no problems but the later designs are faulty in that the serrated edges on the inside of the bolt-hole cave in and the nuts go right through causing the sponge to come asunder. Next I purchased a larger 300mm Sabco mop from Bunnings. We couldn't get it out of the packet without causing the nuts to deform. I had one use out of this mop before before the sponge came unglued rendering it useless. Your design of years ago was perfect. Why was it changed?

Purchased in February 2019.

Doug

DougBroken Hill

How to take a good design and ruin it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Woolworths.

Neen74

Neen74Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Can’t get the dirty sponge off!

Tried so hard to get the dirty sponge off to replace it. Supposedly it’s an easy click to get off and then put a new one on. It is not. Avoid.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Sabco mops

All sponges are absolute rubbish they leave water all over floor they are all cheap and nasty and go hard the quality is shocking and i am returning all ours

Laura

LauraPerth

Sponges crumble after 2 uses

Used this type of mop for many years and never had trouble with the sponges before. Twelve months age the replacement sponges were unobtainable, now with the new supply I find they crumble after 2 uses. I have a small unit so only a small area to mop. Up till now I have bought the $14 2pack three times but will not be buying them again. I was extremely happy with old type sponges but must look for a different system now.

Sabco C.Sabco

It's perfect but the stick is short

The pecfet mop I've ever seen, i suggested long sticks will be great, it will reduce risk of sore backs. Even though I'm not tall girl, it's still short for me.

Sponge Replacements Rubbish

After trying to fit the Sabco sponge refills (unsuccessfully) I've decided NEVER to buy anything made by Sabco. So far wasted more than $40. I now find it cheaper to hire a Cleaner.

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't find replacement sponges

I purchased my Sabco 4 post mop from my local Woolworths and when I went to buy replacement sponges the only ones my local Woolworths stock now are 2 post which don't fit my mop.

My suggestion is whenever you buy a mop that needs replacement sponges from any supplier you also purchase at least 12 months worth of replacement sponges at the same time

John J

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately my local Woolworths only stocks the 2 post refills - product code SAB31010

DebbieP

DebbiePSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money.....extremely poor quality.....you’ll be replacing it within a very short tim

I had trouble with my old Sabco mop with replacement sponges being very poor quality, so thought maybe it’s my mop head, so bought a new one. Twelve months on the holes where the replacement heads screw in are too big so won’t hold a replacement head. They are very poor quality. Don’t waste your money as the product is very poorly made and not made to last even a short amount of time.

No problems, until

I have had my Sabco Lightning Mop for around 5 years with no problems until recently. Up until now the mop handle and refill sponges have been great. I have been having trouble finding refill sponges, checking out Bunnings, Woolworths, Big W at least once a week. The sponges I had to buy last week we supposedly for either two our four pronged mops. Guess what they don't fit

SaffyWA, 6943

Sabco Lightning Mop.. Poor quality rusty Prouct

Sabco C.Sabco

It's a very expensive con don't ever buy it. A mop from $2 shop at a fraction of price lasts longer

I bought 2 packets of twin refills. Didn't use it for a while then decided to put new sponge on it disintegrated straight away, thought may be its one off used the second sponge in the packet it disintegrated even faster. Didn't even get one wash out of them. I would like to get the refund for this crap you are selling, it's a day light robbery.
I paid a fortune for the mop itself now I am stuck with it without sponges. Shame!!!

Misleading?

Why does your packaging say "Press to remove" knob, when it ought to read (as I eventually discovered) "Unscrew the 4 knobs to remove"? Now to see if it performs as badly as several reviewers have said. Hopefully not!

Hi Fred -
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will note this and update packaging for future runs.
Thanks -
Sabco

Sabco used to be SA Brush Coy, but with those letters I could now make up a more appropriate name

dont buy it

I agree with all the comments, sponges last two weeks at most - leaves bits of sponge all over the floors, probably the worst mop I have purchased, expensive to buy will be ditching it!

Robert

RobertCanberra

Terrible

Sponges break up really quickly. Plastic edges scrape the floor. I like the replaceable strip at the front. I've had Sabco mops before and they have been fine, but this one is awful.

wam196

wam196Hervey bay

Absolute rubbish.

Mark O

Mark OBrisbane

Used to have a really good model (SAB31019), but this one is junk.

Used to have a Lightning Quick Dry (SAB31019) but for some crazy reason they stopped making the refills for them. My friend has just used the last refill she had and still thinks it's the best mop ever.(31019). Sorry but the 30022 is hopeless (junk). The sponge just falls apart and then falls off. Why make something good and then discontinue it? Looks like it's back to Oates or Vileda.

Sponge is rubbish

I have used a Sabco mop for years but will no longer be doing so. The sponges now available literally disintegrate after a few uses. They dry out and go hard when not in use and do not wring out completely leaving a wet floor. Pick up your act Sabco!

spandexasked

Why are the mop heads so much more expensive in New Zealand than Australia? In Bunnings in both countries Australia for a 2 pack is $9.90A and NZ is $10 each for 1. Even accounting for the exchange rate that is a big difference, and because of that I will not be buying replacement sponges and changing sponge brands!!

Hi spandex -

Thanks for reaching out with your concern, hopefully we can clarify this for you.

The Sabco Lightning Xtra Wide is ranged in Bunnings NZ.
This is the same mop ranged in Bunnings AU and is wider than our regular Lightning Mop, which is ranged at other AU retailers. The refill for the larger Bunnings mop is only available in a single pack and retails for $12.99 in Australia and $11.98 in NZ.

The Twin pack refill only fits the smaller Lightning mop.
This sells in various AU retailers. It retails for $13.50 in both Woolworths and Big W.
Perhaps you have spotted this on promotion, but I can assure you it is not the regular price.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks -

Thank you.

Margaret

Margaretasked

I have just bought a Sabco Lightning mop, and used it for the first time. It left huge water marks over the floor. I’ve had to go over it again spraying plain water and using a micro fibre cloth. Believe me it’s no small task as I have a lot of tiled area. What do you suggest?

Johnny L.
Johnny L.

Its a horrible product does not suck up water, its a cheap nasty chinese sponge

Leonard

Leonardasked

So Sabco official.
100% cellulose eh ???

Well you are sticking by your argument.

Whats your next marketing genius ?
Perforated condoms ?

Saffy

Yes. 100% . The unit get rusty and broken . The chemical from the rust leaves a very nasty mark on the path room. The Unit supposed to be designed to used with water plus add any cleaner. It does not as the handle is metallic and react with the water and rusted and got broken from the base. You end up with useless unit. I do not not use any add-on cleaner/chemical, Just water. We are not suppose to buy a new one every 6 month.

Get an answer from our members and Sabco representatives