Sabco Lightning Mop

Sabco Lightning Mop

SAB3001, SAB3002, SAB30023, etc...

1.3

Rob

Rob

Problem identified and replaced by Sabco

Was very unhappy with this initial mop, the mediation process was efficient and my previous mop has been deemed not as it should function and has been replaced by Sabco. I am now a satisfied customer.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$19.98.

RickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mop head just keeps coming off the mop...so frustrating!

Mop head just won't stay on the mop!!! Very frustrating...i can't see anything that I'm supposed to be doing different. Disappointing... seems I have no choice but to go back to a normal mop.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for A$30.00.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, Could you confirm if its the lightning mop extra-wide or the normal lightning mop? and you had this issue with several refills or just the one? Cheers

Rick

Hi. It is the normal size. I haven't refilled it so I don't know.

Sabco C.Sabco

Okay, Could you please send me a picture of the mop and the holes in which the pegs go? Then i can pass this onto our warranty team as well as look for any issues with the product. Cheers

Mop heads always fail

After many packets and many dollars wasted trying to give this product another go, I'm going to have to give up. The replacement sponges fail every time. They either just come unstuck from the plastic and fall right off or don't stay anchored to the mop properly and therefore do not work.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Ash, Im very sorry to hear that our product is failing you. Im here to make sure you get a properly working mop. Could you please specify if its the lightning mop or the lightning mop extra-wide, please. Cheers

Ash
Ash

Hi! Thanks for the reply. It is not the extra wide one, it's just a normal lightning mop.

Sabco C.Sabco

Okay not a problem, Could you please send a picture of the holes so I can pass it onto our warranty team. And then I can also send you a full replacement. Cheers

Find out how Sabco Lightning Mop compares to other Mops & Buckets

Mop sponge head keeps falling from base of squeeze plate

Just a short time after purchase,the raised click on posts holding the pad onto the base seem to soften and the pad keeps falling from 4 plastic sockets, Not like the old sabcos that had screw on nuts (caps) to keep them fastened. I suggest that the the click on posts do not retain their spring tension AND DO NOT STAY IN THE 4 PLASTIC SOCKETS.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$30.00.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Rob, I can offer to send you a replacement head to fix this issue. I'm very sorry that this has happened and we are looking into ways of fixing this. If you give me your address I can send a replacement head/refill. Cheers

rob
rob
Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Rob, thank you for that. Could you please send me a picture of your mop and mop head so i can make sure the correct part is sent? Cheers

Gwen D.Sydney, NSW

Sabco Lightning Mop SAB30023

The mop doesn't stay in place. I persisted for some time and then also used another new refill. Clicked in, same as previous, however after only one use the sponge keeps popping out of the holes. Useless. Any suggestions?

Purchased in January 2020.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

Poor design durability - single use only

Poor design and materials. Not fit for purpose. Each sponge only lasts a single use. Self destructs into bits when used more than once. Suspect that it has been designed to be cheap and nasty.

Purchased in July 2019.

Good Morning,
We're really sorry to hear this has happened and it's certainly unusual for this product. If you can send us your address details we can send you a replacement mop head.
Kind Regards

Fishy

FishyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Revamped sponge and attaching

I have to agree with other posts here this new sponge is dreadful. It comes undone while mopping. Useless. The four prong old sponge was not needing replacing. I consider I've wasted money buying a sponge I can't use. I will be looking for an alternate product that works well. So disappointed to even hear the response of just letting old stocks go and then putting this useless sponge on the market. I had a couple of old style as stock in the cupboard so I'm a bit behind the changeover. Shame, shame, shame. Product is rubbish.

Purchased in February 2020.

Autafa O

Autafa OAU

Still prefer your earlier model

Purchased in January 2020 at Big W for A$19.00.

Absolute garbage - Do not purchase

Mop heads are of extremely low quality - on average they last no longer than one month having been used twice in that time before disintegrating before your very eyes. Garbage.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$16.00.

Jtc001
Jtc001

Find out how Sabco Lightning Mop compares to other Mops & Buckets

Your original mop design actually worked!! Why was it changed?

I am absolutely dismayed at the newer designs of your mops. I have used Sabco mops for decades with no problems but the later designs are faulty in that the serrated edges on the inside of the bolt-hole cave in and the nuts go right through causing the sponge to come asunder. Next I purchased a larger 300mm Sabco mop from Bunnings. We couldn't get it out of the packet without causing the nuts to deform. I had one use out of this mop before before the sponge came unglued rendering it useless. Your design of years ago was perfect. Why was it changed?

Purchased in February 2019.

Doug

DougBroken Hill

How to take a good design and ruin it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Woolworths.

Neen74

Neen74Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Can’t get the dirty sponge off!

Tried so hard to get the dirty sponge off to replace it. Supposedly it’s an easy click to get off and then put a new one on. It is not. Avoid.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Sabco mops

All sponges are absolute rubbish they leave water all over floor they are all cheap and nasty and go hard the quality is shocking and i am returning all ours

Laura

LauraPerth

Sponges crumble after 2 uses

Used this type of mop for many years and never had trouble with the sponges before. Twelve months age the replacement sponges were unobtainable, now with the new supply I find they crumble after 2 uses. I have a small unit so only a small area to mop. Up till now I have bought the $14 2pack three times but will not be buying them again. I was extremely happy with old type sponges but must look for a different system now.

Sabco C.Sabco

It's perfect but the stick is short

The pecfet mop I've ever seen, i suggested long sticks will be great, it will reduce risk of sore backs. Even though I'm not tall girl, it's still short for me.

Sponge Replacements Rubbish

After trying to fit the Sabco sponge refills (unsuccessfully) I've decided NEVER to buy anything made by Sabco. So far wasted more than $40. I now find it cheaper to hire a Cleaner.

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't find replacement sponges

I purchased my Sabco 4 post mop from my local Woolworths and when I went to buy replacement sponges the only ones my local Woolworths stock now are 2 post which don't fit my mop.

My suggestion is whenever you buy a mop that needs replacement sponges from any supplier you also purchase at least 12 months worth of replacement sponges at the same time

John J

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately my local Woolworths only stocks the 2 post refills - product code SAB31010

DebbieP

DebbiePSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money.....extremely poor quality.....you’ll be replacing it within a very short tim

I had trouble with my old Sabco mop with replacement sponges being very poor quality, so thought maybe it’s my mop head, so bought a new one. Twelve months on the holes where the replacement heads screw in are too big so won’t hold a replacement head. They are very poor quality. Don’t waste your money as the product is very poorly made and not made to last even a short amount of time.

No problems, until

I have had my Sabco Lightning Mop for around 5 years with no problems until recently. Up until now the mop handle and refill sponges have been great. I have been having trouble finding refill sponges, checking out Bunnings, Woolworths, Big W at least once a week. The sponges I had to buy last week we supposedly for either two our four pronged mops. Guess what they don't fit

SaffyWA, 6943

Sabco Lightning Mop.. Poor quality rusty Prouct

Flossie

Flossieasked

Lightning Mop

Do you still make the sabco breeze mop if so where can I buy one I have been looking for ages in the Sutherland shire. Thankyou Faye

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, you can purchase a sabo Breeze mop at your local Woolworths https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/807431/sabco-breeze-mop or a Breeze mop 2 at your local BigW https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-breeze-2-mop/p/455620/
Hope that help :) Cheers

spandexasked

Lightning Mop

Why are the mop heads so much more expensive in New Zealand than Australia? In Bunnings in both countries Australia for a 2 pack is $9.90A and NZ is $10 each for 1. Even accounting for the exchange rate that is a big difference, and because of that I will not be buying replacement sponges and changing sponge brands!!

Hi spandex -

Thanks for reaching out with your concern, hopefully we can clarify this for you.

The Sabco Lightning Xtra Wide is ranged in Bunnings NZ.
This is the same mop ranged in Bunnings AU and is wider than our regular Lightning Mop, which is ranged at other AU retailers. The refill for the larger Bunnings mop is only available in a single pack and retails for $12.99 in Australia and $11.98 in NZ.

The Twin pack refill only fits the smaller Lightning mop.
This sells in various AU retailers. It retails for $13.50 in both Woolworths and Big W.
Perhaps you have spotted this on promotion, but I can assure you it is not the regular price.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks -

Thank you.

Margaret

Margaretasked

Lightning Mop

I have just bought a Sabco Lightning mop, and used it for the first time. It left huge water marks over the floor. I’ve had to go over it again spraying plain water and using a micro fibre cloth. Believe me it’s no small task as I have a lot of tiled area. What do you suggest?

Johnny L.
Johnny L.

Its a horrible product does not suck up water, its a cheap nasty chinese sponge

Get an answer from our members and Sabco representatives