Sabco Lightning Mop

Sabco Lightning Mop

SAB3002, SAB3001, SAB30022, etc...

1.4

NeoSamurai

NeoSamuraiEltham, Victoria

How to ruin a once great product! Sponge heads are just rubbish.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Good Morning,
We're so sorry to hear this has happened, it's certainly not the experience we want our customers to have.
If you send us your address details we would be able to send you replacements with four posts.
Kind Regards

Absolute Rubbish

These used to be a realiy good mop for the price. Now Sabco use a very low density sponge which wears out really quickly.It also lack absorption.Purchased at Woolworths never again

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$18.00.

Michael
Michael

JaniceSydney, NSW

Not perfect, but I can't live without it

Purchased in December 2019 at Home Hardware.

Janice

It was perfect before you let the designers change the holes. It will be great to have it back to the original design, which functioned totally as it was meant to.

DONNASydney, NSW

Sponge wont stay on

Purchased this mop and after using it a few times the mop head keeps coming off?? Very frustrating.
I went and purchased new sponge but same thing keeps happening.. think there is a fault with the design..

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$30.00.

DONNA

I believe I have the extra wide

Sabco C.Sabco

Okay, i can send you a refill to see if that will fix the issue. Just send me your address and full name and ill get that sent. Cheers

Rob

Problem identified and replaced by Sabco

Was very unhappy with this initial mop, the mediation process was efficient and my previous mop has been deemed not as it should function and has been replaced by Sabco. I am now a satisfied customer.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$19.98.

Sabco C.Sabco

Im glad to hear that we were able to help! If anything else happens just let us know :) Cheers

RickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mop head just keeps coming off the mop...so frustrating!

Mop head just won't stay on the mop!!! Very frustrating...i can't see anything that I'm supposed to be doing different. Disappointing... seems I have no choice but to go back to a normal mop.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for A$30.00.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, Could you confirm if its the lightning mop extra-wide or the normal lightning mop? and you had this issue with several refills or just the one? Cheers

Rick

Hi. It is the normal size. I haven't refilled it so I don't know.

Sabco C.Sabco

Okay, Could you please send me a picture of the mop and the holes in which the pegs go? Then i can pass this onto our warranty team as well as look for any issues with the product. Cheers

Mop heads always fail

After many packets and many dollars wasted trying to give this product another go, I'm going to have to give up. The replacement sponges fail every time. They either just come unstuck from the plastic and fall right off or don't stay anchored to the mop properly and therefore do not work.

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Ash, Im very sorry to hear that our product is failing you. Im here to make sure you get a properly working mop. Could you please specify if its the lightning mop or the lightning mop extra-wide, please. Cheers

Ash
Ash

Hi! Thanks for the reply. It is not the extra wide one, it's just a normal lightning mop.

Sabco C.Sabco

Okay not a problem, Could you please send a picture of the holes so I can pass it onto our warranty team. And then I can also send you a full replacement. Cheers

Mop sponge head keeps falling from base of squeeze plate

Just a short time after purchase,the raised click on posts holding the pad onto the base seem to soften and the pad keeps falling from 4 plastic sockets, Not like the old sabcos that had screw on nuts (caps) to keep them fastened. I suggest that the the click on posts do not retain their spring tension AND DO NOT STAY IN THE 4 PLASTIC SOCKETS.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$30.00.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Rob, I can offer to send you a replacement head to fix this issue. I'm very sorry that this has happened and we are looking into ways of fixing this. If you give me your address I can send a replacement head/refill. Cheers

rob
rob
Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Rob, thank you for that. Could you please send me a picture of your mop and mop head so i can make sure the correct part is sent? Cheers

Gwen D.Sydney, NSW

Sabco Lightning Mop SAB30023

The mop doesn't stay in place. I persisted for some time and then also used another new refill. Clicked in, same as previous, however after only one use the sponge keeps popping out of the holes. Useless. Any suggestions?

Purchased in January 2020.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

Poor design durability - single use only

Poor design and materials. Not fit for purpose. Each sponge only lasts a single use. Self destructs into bits when used more than once. Suspect that it has been designed to be cheap and nasty.

Purchased in July 2019.

Good Morning,
We're really sorry to hear this has happened and it's certainly unusual for this product. If you can send us your address details we can send you a replacement mop head.
Kind Regards

Fishy

FishyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Revamped sponge and attaching

I have to agree with other posts here this new sponge is dreadful. It comes undone while mopping. Useless. The four prong old sponge was not needing replacing. I consider I've wasted money buying a sponge I can't use. I will be looking for an alternate product that works well. So disappointed to even hear the response of just letting old stocks go and then putting this useless sponge on the market. I had a couple of old style as stock in the cupboard so I'm a bit behind the changeover. Shame, shame, shame. Product is rubbish.

Purchased in February 2020.

Autafa O

Autafa OAU

Still prefer your earlier model

Purchased in January 2020 at Big W for A$19.00.

Absolute garbage - Do not purchase

Mop heads are of extremely low quality - on average they last no longer than one month having been used twice in that time before disintegrating before your very eyes. Garbage.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$16.00.

Jtc001
Jtc001

Your original mop design actually worked!! Why was it changed?

I am absolutely dismayed at the newer designs of your mops. I have used Sabco mops for decades with no problems but the later designs are faulty in that the serrated edges on the inside of the bolt-hole cave in and the nuts go right through causing the sponge to come asunder. Next I purchased a larger 300mm Sabco mop from Bunnings. We couldn't get it out of the packet without causing the nuts to deform. I had one use out of this mop before before the sponge came unglued rendering it useless. Your design of years ago was perfect. Why was it changed?

Purchased in February 2019.

Doug

DougBroken Hill

How to take a good design and ruin it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Woolworths.

Neen74

Neen74Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Can’t get the dirty sponge off!

Tried so hard to get the dirty sponge off to replace it. Supposedly it’s an easy click to get off and then put a new one on. It is not. Avoid.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Sabco mops

All sponges are absolute rubbish they leave water all over floor they are all cheap and nasty and go hard the quality is shocking and i am returning all ours

Laura

LauraPerth

Sponges crumble after 2 uses

Used this type of mop for many years and never had trouble with the sponges before. Twelve months age the replacement sponges were unobtainable, now with the new supply I find they crumble after 2 uses. I have a small unit so only a small area to mop. Up till now I have bought the $14 2pack three times but will not be buying them again. I was extremely happy with old type sponges but must look for a different system now.

Sabco C.Sabco

It's perfect but the stick is short

The pecfet mop I've ever seen, i suggested long sticks will be great, it will reduce risk of sore backs. Even though I'm not tall girl, it's still short for me.

Sponge Replacements Rubbish

After trying to fit the Sabco sponge refills (unsuccessfully) I've decided NEVER to buy anything made by Sabco. So far wasted more than $40. I now find it cheaper to hire a Cleaner.

Tom N

Tom Nasked

Lightning Mop

Hi. I have a sabco breeze white plastic parts on handle. 4 post sponge mop and cannot find replacement sponges. My local Woolworths does not stock the 4 post sponge. Nor does the local Bunnings. As we cannot go out of 5 km zone at the moment where can I get one. I am in Williamstown Victoria postcode 3016. Also I have heard bad reviews on the quality of the sponge. I haven’t replaced mine for a few years and it’s crumbling so I have avoided using the mop. But this is a very convenient floor mop. I hope the sponge issues have been resolved. As my unit is till in very good condition

Janice

You can order them from Sabco. Some hardware stores also keep them. I havent had the problem with the sponges. They tend to shrink a lot when dry but once wet are fine.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Tom, you can actually get them at BigW - https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-sponge-mop-twin-refill-2-pack/p/177119/.
As for the quality. It seems some people has got some bad ones. We are still use the same high-quality french cellulose and we looking into whether its been a bad batch or chemical used while cleaning that has made the sponge deteriate faster then normal. Keeping in mind that after frequent use they do come apart, especially on a rough surface because it is a natural product.
Hope that help. Cheers

Robert m

Robert masked

Lightning Mop

I bought a wide mop to replace the old four post screw on sponge . The new push on type is a piece of rubbish . I tried to remove the plastic wrapping but couldn't . I had to destroy the posts to remove it .
The design is hopelessly faulty .Why ? My six year old grandson could design something better .
Junk !

Janice

I am sticking to the four post design as the size of the sponge fits into small areas at my place. There is still a problem with the holes for the screws, but I will persist, and ask for a replacement when it fails. I tried an Oates push on type which broke after two uses. When I returned it to the supermarket following no response from Oates re my two complaints to them, the sales person said they had a four returned prior to me for refunds.

Rob

I had the same problem with the wide Sabco mop, just fell apart. Sabco replaced it, after I complained on this site, but I asked for the smaller one which is much better in design and has the scew on sponge.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Robert, We are indeed aware of the issue with our Extra Wide lightning mop and are currently improving the design and functionality. Im sorry for the problems this has caused. I can offer to send you a replacement of the EXTRA Wide Lightning mop or get you a standard size one as we did for Rob who commented. This is a bit smaller but comes with screws instead of the push system. Alternatively, if you want a different type of mop we can talk about getting you something else. Cheers

Flossie

Flossieasked

Lightning Mop

Do you still make the sabco breeze mop if so where can I buy one I have been looking for ages in the Sutherland shire. Thankyou Faye

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, you can purchase a sabo Breeze mop at your local Woolworths https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/807431/sabco-breeze-mop or a Breeze mop 2 at your local BigW https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-breeze-2-mop/p/455620/
Hope that help :) Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Sabco representatives

Compare all 5 Sabco Lightning Mop