4Sabco Spray Mop

3.8
High velocity nozzle
No bucket required
Helpful customer service
Bottle may not be durable

countrymum
countrymumVictoria18 posts
  Top Review SAB31074

Glides under furniture

I purchased the mop from Mitre10 about two months ago, although I read the reviews which alerted me to be careful with the water bottle. I am very pleased with the purchase as it is light weight and smoothly swivels making mopping enjoyable rather than the chore it was previously, as I normally get a sore back from mopping.
The narrow height of the mop head allows cleaning under my couches and kitchen cupboard doors that sit close to the floor. I pour warm water rather than hot directly into the holder with a jug to avoid any potential damage to the water bottle on the mop. I also use the mop to sweep my wooden floors under beds and furniture as well as wet mopping as the mop handle is totally flexible for low positions. The swivel
head makes cleaning corners easy. The mop carpet- like pad pulls off easily and can be machine washed, it also dries very fast on the clothes line. When dry I just press it back on (like velcro).

Purchased in at Mitre 10 for $44.50.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Sabco   DM

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We really appreciate it. If you need anything, please let us know.
Kind Regards

Subyroo
SubyrooSouth East Queensland, QLD81 posts
  Top Review SAB31062

Great at moving dirt

We bought this Sabco mop for our brand new home, because of the vinyl planking in the hallway - kitchen & walk in pantry - lounge/dining room & computer room, and not being able to use our Kenwood Steam mop on the planking.
I had been using a small amount of Pine-O-Clean in the water to add a bit of fragrance through the house when mopping and to help with the cleaning & disinfection of the vinyl planking.

We began to notice dirty water in the shower before we had even began to use soap, we then realised that it happened mostly after walking around the house barefooted. We also found that when cleaning up spills on the floor that the paper towel was filthy, virtually the same colour as the water when showering.

This week we opted to buy a Sabco SupaDry Spin Mop And Bucket Set and try that on the Vinyl planking, Wow!, you should have seen the colour of that mop head after washing the floor (2 buckets of water) with nothing else other than a bit of vinegar in the water, it was absolutely filthy. The floor looked and felt new under foot again.

We concluded that the Sabco Swish Mop was just moving the dirt around the house and not collecting it like the Sabco SupaDry Spin Mop And Bucket.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $42.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Sabco   DM

Good Morning, I'm sorry to read that this is the experience you had. We would suggest removing dirt prior to any type of mopping with a microfibre dusting broom. Our mops are designed to be used after this process.
Please let us know if we can help with anything else.
Kind Regards

Nicholas Muscat
Nicholas MuscatWheatbelt, WA8 posts
  SAB41222

Easy to used mop

Happy that I purchased this mop. This been been a helpful and very light weight to use can reach under or a high ceiling. Comfortable to use. Show reply
Bernard and Mel
Bernard and MelModbury Heights2 posts
  SAB31074

Spray fails, don't waste your money

While it works, the Sabco Spray Mop is a good idea for cleaning laminate floors. But after 18 months, it wasn't able to spray. Sabco's priming suggestion with hot water showed spray was possible, but once the bottle was re-attached, nothing. Even dismantling and thoroughly cleaning and re-assembling the one-way valve on the bottle (which tested OK) did nothing to resolve the problem. This suggests probably a genuine design defect in the product. Don't waste your money on this; it's not designed for long life or reliability. What a disappointment. Show details
Veronica
VeronicaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  SAB41222

Disappointing - mop broke

I was gifted a Sabco Swish Spray Mop for Christmas. Used it 4 times, briefly and it snapped off just above the pad. Hugely disappointed because I loved it. No receipt was kept so it couldn't be returned. I'm left with an unusable gift. Can't understand why it would snap - it was being used upright at the time. Show details
kk77Sydney, NSW21 posts
  SAB31063

Good for quick clean up

This mop is great to have around for those quick mops. However, not good for cleaning up spills. If doing a big weekly mop with dirty floors, best to use proper mop. Feels like it needs more water but if it gets too soaked it leave sa wet trail (cant wring out water). The sponge is easy to rip off and replace and is easy to clean (chuck in washing machine!).
Blark
BlarkSydney, NSW18 posts

Found two issues

The white check valve reservoir nozzle at the end of the bottle clogs up. Remove bottle, place white nozzle under hot water for 30 seconds (softens white plastic). Insert a small flat blade screw driver between nozzle and clear bottle, work it around a bit while prying up and it will pop off. (Not for the weak) Wipe the inside nozzle mesh clean with the screw driver under hot water.
Second issue is the spray nozzle, just before the nozzle is the final small pressure tube, it splits, I have repaired using epoxy and copper wire but was it worth doing? Probably not.
I recommend dish washing liquid as a detergent. My mother uses bicarb and vinegar and that seems to clog it up within 6 months. Show details
Laila
LailaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

waste of money

When i used it, it did not dry the floor tiles. I slipped. Never used it again Show details
Jillong
JillongVictoria

Excellent customer service from Sabco

I have had my sabco spray mop for several years and have been very happy with it. Only recently I found the spray had stopped working. I contacted Justine at Sabco with my issue and sent a photo of the pump part. She responded promptly and offered to send me a replacement part which arrived a few days later. I am so impressed with their customer service and only wish every business behaved this way. Show reply
Russell M.
Russell M.2 posts
  SAB31074

Spray mechanism has stopped working

Purchased spray mop 9 months ago, was great while it worked.
Use it once a week and now it won’t spray, very disappointed Show details
sbbrisbane
sbbrisbaneBrisbane QLD15 posts
  SAB31074

Great mop until it breaks

Great sturdy mop and haven’t found a comparable one yet.

However we’re using 3rd one now in last years as the previous 2 malfunctioned within a year. First two the spray system stopped working and the 3rd one we’re using now started leaking from the water container. Unfortunately we lost the purchase receipt so can’t make a warranty claim.

Bottom line is it’s a great mop but became unusable for us within one year for all 3 units we bought.
We hope the quality gets better and we get few years of use out of it. Show details

MDee
MDee

Love it so handy

I had trouble with my Sabco spray mop and the customer service people responded quickly and then gave me trouble shooting ideas and after all that still no joy so mop was replaced. Felt like a valued customer. Show reply
Tracey H.
Tracey H.Sydney, NSW

Easiest mop

Best mop so easy for anyone to use and very affordable Show details ·  1
Trevor M.
Trevor M.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC4 posts

Extremely convenient to use

Smart product. And the customer support was prompt, generous and effective Show details
Digger
DiggerSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts
  Spray Mop

Fit for purpose. ( Nice change)

Great for cleaning wooden (polished) floors and when used in conjunction with long life timber cleaner excellent. Show details ·  1

Stacey C. · Spray Mop

Is there a way to stop the bottle leaking? I just purchased and stood mop up whilst cleaning for 10mins and half the water has leaked out all over floor which is not what I was expecting! thanks

kk77

Mine dosent leak. If the lid is screwed on tightly it shouldn't leak, even when the mop is upright. Could it be faulty?

Stacey C.

There’s a constant drip from my bottle even when not attached to the mop handle. I think it must be faulty. Thanks

Angrier · Spray Mop

Can you send me the solution please for fixing the spray mop that won’t spray? Mine is new and only worked a couple of times

Sabco   DM

Hi Angrier, Please send us an email (ask.sabco@sabco.com.au) noting this along with your postal address and we will send some troubleshooting information along with replacement parts.

Angrier

Hey I googled the answer, I fixed the problem by running warm water through the nozzle of the bottle!

Sabco   DM

We are happy to hear this resolved the issue, feel free to email us anytime should you need further assistance.

JESSIE S.
JESSIE S. · Spray Mop

How to you use-it without bucket?

Sabco   DM

The SuperSwish Spray Mop's water bottle supplies water to the spray nozzle when you activate the handle trigger.

Features:

• Suitable for timber floorboards, vinyl, linoleum, polished concrete, tiles and more.
  • Doesn’t require a bucket of water as the mop contains an easy-to-remove bottle that you can fill with water and cleaning liquid.
  • The ergonomic trigger allows the user to easily control the amount of liquid put on the floor and the powerful pre-compression sprayer delivers a precise spray so no water gets on your walls or furniture.
  • Machine washable microfibre pad that you can replace if it has been through the washing machine one too many times.
  • Two previous models of this spray mop have been discontinued (the SAB31062 and the SAB31063). However, they both still have refill mop heads available for purchase, so you can continue using them.

What reviewers thought about this product:

• The swivel head mop made it easy for people to navigate hard to reach areas such as corners of the house.
  • Reviewers appreciated that they didn’t have to fill the mop bottle with harsh chemicals to get the job done. Filling up the bottle with hot water was enough to clean dirt and grime off the floor.
  • Some reviewers advised to be careful with the water bottle which easily gets bocked or leaked.
  • If there was anything wrong with the product, customer service helped facilitate the ordering and sending out of spare parts, such as a replacement water bottle.
Compare all Sabco Spray Mop listings