Samsung AddWash WW85K5410WW / WW85K6410QX

Samsung AddWash WW85K5410WW / WW85K6410QX

WW85K6410QX (Grey) and WW85K5410WW (White)

all good, add wash function is awesome

very quite and user friendly start and stop
add wash option is very nice as you can add some small clothes in the middle of washing cycle
little bit noise in spinning that looks normal to me as I can imagine the load on drum

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman for $847.00.

Noise Level

Over all a capable machine

Got this machine 12 months ago in a model run out sale. Seems to wash all types of loads well on the daily wash cold cycle (just over 1 hour), we use hotter water on a mechanics uniform. Spin cycle good, never comes up unbalanced. Its also quiet during wash and spin operations. Being able to fully adjust all functions on this machine is useful. Have used the "Add wash door" a few times now, it is handy, other machines now have a similar function.
Have had a couple of DC errors but they were all due to laundry stopping the door closing properly, thats a good thing.
Like all samsung products, they do include fancy names or useless features to impress the public, like "the bubble wash" which just increases the main wash cycles by 30 min. A cycle can take 3h 25min with pre wash and bubble options. The cotton cycle calculates wash time, so not sure how long till it's actually running.

The bad points are that this machine cycles the water valve on and off in 5 sec bursts till it is satisfied with water level, thats bad if your pipes have a water hammer issues like mine. So i have to reduces the water supply but this prevents powdered detergent from being flushed out the tray properly.
Seem to get a lot of grime deposited on the add door and around the seal, could be due to the mechanics dirty clothes. The power cord is shorter than the 2 previous machines, was unable to reach socket by 25 cm, using an ext lead now. May not be an issue for most people.

Happy so far with washing performance.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $750.00.

Noise Level

Best Washing Machine ever!

Really excited with my new Samsung washing machine. Easy to use, has plenty of options and washes great, no lint on clothes as my last top loader had. Would definitely recommend. Wish they had a dryer to match.

Purchased in February 2019.

Fantastic product

Have bought this model 2 years ago and is fantastic machine so far. Worth every single cents i have paid.
it's got black and white color.
Different options like water saving, wool, delicates, Cotton, bedding, baby are, outdoor rinse + clean options for your convenience.
You can either use bubble wash or normal clean.

Very happy with the machine would recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Loving It

Jeans color clothes it cleans great its not to harsh on my clothes I will love to have I use it all the time the settings are easy the cycles are great the size is good its very quiet I will refer my family and friends to buy this product

Date PurchasedMay 2000

Perfect!

We wash our clothes 2 to 3 times a week. In a day we do 2-3 washes (for colours and whites, sometimes another separate wash for our activewear and undergarments). Even if we use it 3 times max in a day, we never had any issues with this washing machine. Very durable indeed. A plus for this machine is the add wash door. There are times when I miss to put some clothes in, and with that, you just pop in your clothes in that little door, and voila!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Love the add wash door

I've had this for nearly 2 years now and had no issues and runs well. Love the add wash door! because when I think I've put all the washing in and find my son has clothes in his school bag or under his bag I'm able to pause the load and put the additional items in.

8.5kg is good for us (2 person household) sometimes when the dark washing is a lot it gets full and doing loads of bedding needs to be done in a few loads.

But overall happy with the product

Date PurchasedApr 2016

So broken and can’t be fixed

It keeps shortening out my power since it was new. Repair man has come twice and can’t fix it, and now I have to wait for Samsung to make a decision! Crazy. It also leaves half my clothes dry at the end of a load (ie isn’t washing properly).
I just want a refund but it’s now been more than 3 weeks since I reported it as faulty and I still have to wait!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
We are very sorry to hear this issue hasn't been resolved for you, Diana. We have sent you a PM requesting for more info, would you be able to send that through so we can assist you? Jazz Samsung Australia

Not recommend

Have only been using this machine for 11 months for light washing and have had a number of problems..Requiring a technician to repair the machine four times in six months...It seems to be a faulty unit and am not happy with the response or service from Samsung....Do not recommend buying this machine..

Date PurchasedApr 2017
We don’t like the sound of this. I completely understand how important it is to have a functioning washing machine and I’d like to look into this to see what I can do to help. I’ve sent you a message requesting for further information, so I can get a better understanding of the situation. Sara Samsung Australia

Disappointing.

Broke down after 6 months. Samsung or the retailer weren't interested in resolving the issues. The machine had issues draining, stopping mid cycle and then kept displaying error messages. Had other Samsung appliances before that have been good. Unfortunately though this front loader has ruined my perception of Samsung. Will not be purchasing Samsung products again.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Max, we're really sorry to hear about your experience with this product. I have sent you a private message to discuss further. Philip Samsung Australia

Never buy front load samsung

4 years old and the 3e error appeared, first i changed a complex rusted spider plate and broken into pieces for $230, and even there was a recall on it but samsung claimed it expired, then the motor did not work and samsung said it is still under warranty but i have to use a technician they assign and they requested $200 labor fee to come and install one.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
We’re sorry to hear this, Tawfik. I’d like to look into this to get a better understanding and see what I can do to help. I have sent you a message requesting for further details, and once I receive these details, I’ll be able to pull up your file with us. Sara Samsung Australia

Overall happy

Overall good
It’s very functional., You can choose the auto start function to suit your lifestyle.
It’s having option to wash differently with different fabric to ensure, it’s washed properly. It allows you to select different water level or temperature.
Only one issue, it’s noises then normal when running for long time..

Date PurchasedJun 2015

I love it!!!

Omg I love my washing machine!! (How sad haha) it is easy to use, straight forward and quick!! Push button makes it easy to choose the extra options, and the flap at the front to add smaller forgotten items is brilliant!!
My kids love the little tunes the machine plays at the end of a cycle too!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Wow! We’re so blown away by your review. It made our day here at Samsung. Thank you for sharing this with us. Ps. The tune is our favourite too! - Vicky

Best washing machine

The samsung washing machine looks stylish and sleek in our laundry. It is so quiet that we can't hear it running and have to double check that we actually put it on.
The settings are easy to use too. The little music tune it plays at the end is also a bit of fun too

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thank you for your lovely review, Michael. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Samsung AddWash. - Vicky

wonderful

Great smart washing machine, washing machine appearance design is very beautiful, simple and easy, the washing machine it is convenient to use, very clean and wash clothes, washing machine capacity is enough big, very suitable for family use, one can wash a lot of clothes, wash the quilt is also very convenient, the function is all ready, with no noise, it is quite perfect, the dehydration effect is also very satisfied,.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Tough, tech, cutting-edge washing machines

The appearance of the washing machine is not to say, very beautiful. Although the space is large, but the washing effect is very good, the noise is also very small, dehydration performance is also very good. Very quiet, even in the dry time, the washing is very clean. Especially like (add at any time) this function, and the operation is very simple,

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Damages on delivery but works fine

We paid good money to get this damaged after opening the box which means it was damaged to begin with but as they have said its minor won't replace it. It works great and washes cloths very well and has multiple wash settings for different type of cloths. We mainly use quick wash

Amazing machine!

I share this machine with 5 other people and we don't have a single complaint. It does what it needs to do. Very quiet, safety locks work fantastic and the timer's really helpful. It is also economical with electricity. We can wash different types of clothing and fabric with pre-programmed choices on the machine. No hassle.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great washing machine

I have been using for 6months and haven't had any issues. It's many features and it's all useful for daily laundry for sports uniform, underwear or outdoor pants and top. It's very quiet so you won't hear the machine noise once you close the door which is a very good thing. You can choose any options you like and the machine will listen you as being ordered. It's perfect and good quality with a good technology like you can add laundries while it's working via the front small extra door. It's genius.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The safety lock timer is great

We have 3 kids and two are at the age of exploring everything. So when I go to pick the other one up from school I put the washing on so by the time I get back I can start on dinner then unload the washing. Having the timer lock is great it means none of the kids can get inside while I do other things around the house. The washing is normal like any other washer I've had