Samsung Galaxy A20

Samsung Galaxy A20

Motherboard dead in 2 months. Samsung refuses to repair. I'd give it a 0 if I could.

I turned the phone off as I got on the plane. Would not turn on again. Motherboard overheated. Samsung refuses to repair it and says there is corrosion on the motherboard. This is not the case. This is the worst phone I've ever owned.

Purchased in July 2019 at Eastlink for $400.00.

KathSamsung

Sorry to hear of you experiences with us so far, Gerry. Would you be able to send us a private message with your Samsung reference number, so that I may look further into this for you?

Gerry M.
Gerry M.

Hi Kath, I sent a message.

Len

LenSydney, NSW

Frozen screen, Phone gets confused, need to reboot every time this happens

My title explains the frustration with this phone. I am very pleased that I bought it from a reputed shop ' Officeworks', who refunded the money. Otherwise a great phone design.

Purchased in November 2019 at offieworks for $249.00.

JILLTEE

JILLTEEQLD, 4300

Love my new phon

My cheap Alcatel phone recently died, and being a phone that cannot be opened, it is what i call a throw away phone, I did a lot of research and read some reviews and decided to get the Samsung A20, have only had it for 4 days, but no comparison to the cheaper phone, i love the photos, they are so clear, the phone was very easy to set up, the battery holds well which is exactly what i wanted, and everything runs very quickly, and smoothly, not used to such a fancy
Very happy with my choic.

Purchased in November 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $199.00.

KathSamsung

Glad to see that you are loving your new Samsung A20, Jilltee! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the team. Please don't hesitate to send us a private message should you have any enquiries.

Blake Heath

Blake HeathAU

Great design, my phone was incredibly buggy.

I loved the phone's features, design and function but sadly my phone was incredibly buggy, with screen freezes and random opening of menus. I tried every known fix around (two factory resets, removed micro sd, bare minimum apps etc, etc but to no avail. A staff member at the store that I bought it from had the exact same issues, so it must have been a bad batch at this store. I loved the phone but was mentally exhausted after trying for four days to resolve the problems. I returned it and got an A30 instead that has been very good so far...

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for $249.00.

Jellis Biche

Jellis BichePerth, WA

Well priced, large screen, easy to navigate.

I have updated from the J1 Mini only because of the need for a higher quality camera for documents.
To cut out that whole printer, scanner, laptop upload scenario.
I`m also assuming my J1 Mini was not 5G ready. This phone is very thin in comparison. Battery life is great. The screen is silky smooth. It does everything the same, emails, youtube, music, photos, internet. Except it`s faster, more responsive. Kinda like going from a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder with turbo.
As you might think, yes I go for affordable. My only gripe, it`s hard to hold! Too big for my liking.
If it was the same size as my J1 it would be perfect and SELL LIKE HOTCAKES for my gen who like phones that fit in your pocket. Listening Samsung???

Purchased in September 2019 at Vodafone for $199.00.

Ge customer

Ge customerPerth, WA

Good phone for making calls

I upgraded to this phone a few months ago and find it easy to make calls with, sms works well and it also takes great quality photos. I would recommend buying this phone for its simplicity

KathSamsung

Great to hear you are currently enjoying your Samsung A20! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the team. Feel free to reach out to us, should you have any further enquiries.

Tim G

Tim GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good value for money

Excellent phone for the money. Large bright screen which is eminently easy to read. Fast charging is a little glitchy though. Flashes usb connected- usb disconnected over and over. Not sure that this ffecting performance however.

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $206.10.

MickSamsung

Daniella

DaniellaAustralian Capital Territory

Brillant

Honestly, why would you buy the $1000+ Samsung, when you could buy A20 and just as good, I have it for 6 months no fault runs like a dream best phone. Just simply amazing

Purchased at Officeworks for $280.00.

Samsung AUSamsung
Kenny

KennyGreat Southern, WA

Is perfect

I'm very satisfied with my new Samsung galaxy a20 hands down the best and most fastest phone I've ever owned the camera quality and video is amazing also charges quite fast and apps do run smoothly aswell

Wyndhamite.Kimberley, WA

The screen is very clear & it takes great photos.

I purchased a Samsung mobile phone on 22/10/19 & it has packed up on 3/11/19. It will not turn off , the torch turned itself on & refuses to turn off, different apps appear & won't go , the screen is flashing & when in use the phone keeps cutting out. It wasn't expensive at $220 but I did expect it to last a bit longer. The photos are really good, can't fault that. I'm letting the battery go flat so that the torch will turn off. I'll have another try at the phone tomorrow but I am disappointed. I'm probably just unlucky.

OliverM

OliverMPerth, WA

Decent Phone for the Price

I had brought this device as a backup phone for business. It seemed cheap enough so I went and got it on prime from Amazon. The phone is decent for its price. 32GB storage is fairly standard for a budget phone, the camera is alright. The display is great, little bezels and the quality is great.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for $277.00.

IshaSydney, NSW

This phone is incredible

Im so pleased with the camera quality of this phone. The pictures are so clear and high definition, which makes the pictures bright and real. Even at night the Camera is pretty efficient, I always take pictures. Also the brightness levels are amazing too, like the auto setting, which saves my battery. All the apps run so fast and smooth, and I can pick up calls easily. I would recommend this phone to everyone. Its truely amazing...

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $279.00.

samuel12331

samuel12331Sydney, NSW

Great phone. Poor after sales service / warranty

Purchased in September 2019 for $279.00.

XhiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Typo errors are much and the phone unlocks on its own.

When typing messages even when u select the right keys, it automatic shows something different and if u don't read your message before then it's a gross issue. The battery lasts quite long. The phone opens and closes at its own pace even when u put it on screen lock.

Purchased in August 2019 at Officeworks for $289.00.

KathSamsung

Hi Xhi. Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your A20. Would you be able to send us a PM via the link below, as it is our best point of contact. So that I may further assist you with this?

Hi

Princess

PrincessNsw

Perfect PERFECT JUST PERFECT

This is one of the cheapest phone ,I have every brought , very good, long battery life, more beautiful and good camera. I own a blog and I take all my products with A20 and people think I use the most expensive and standard phone. Check my Instagram blog for more info . @Photosfromsydney
Thanks Samsung

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $230.00.

Excellent phone

Really great mobile phone that I currently use. I have never used Samsung before this phone & I have found it an excellent phone with many great apps & easy to use.

Purchased in June 2019 for $280.00.

WRD

WRDSydney

Great phone for the money

Got this for $160 (locked to Vodaphone) - great Android phone for the money. Android 9, fast charging, NFC ... everything I need except missing wifi 802.11ac (aka 5g wifi). Unfortunately where I work does not offer older 2.4Ghz wifi so I can't use it in the office except with mobile data. Other than that the phone ticks all the boxes for me, and is great value for the me

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W Online Store for $160.00.

Perfect Spare phone to my S10

The phone is amazing for the low cost. I bought a Samsung s10 and that needed repair and i hadn't a spare. Hence this new addition. Highly recommended!
Does everything you need day 2 day- slowe than the s10 but hey!

Purchased in September 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $279.00.

Warren S.

Warren S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Value

Given the expense of high end phones I try and purchase my family mobiles for sub $250. This Samsung has excellent screen brightness and colour. The screen is very large compared to other family purchases in this category (eg Sony Experia C4) It also had the much desired 3GB RAM so the many apps I use dont choke the system)
Nice and thin for storage in the pocket

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $220.00.

Neil

NeilDarling Downs, QLD

A whole lotta phone

Purchased in September 2019 for $229.00.

sntelhdasked

Should I buy a second hand Samsung galaxy s8 or a new a20/a30? Currently using a s3 but app upgrades aren't compatible to phone. I need it to take decent night photos and video but doesn't need to be perfect; getting on wifi and doing multiple things at the same time. I prefer smaller screen but performance is more important.

Isha

Buy a new a20/30 it has all the lastest features and its a new phone, which obviously better than second hand

Wyndhamite.

In all honesty I can't recommend a Samsung. I bought an A20 on 22/10/19 & on 3/11/19 it stopped working, the screen was covered with hundreds of coloured lines which shimmered, apps kept appearing with more coming on top of them, the torch turned itself on & wouldn't turn off. The "power foo" refused to work so I left it, next morning the screen was black so tried turning the phone on, had a green glow for a second or so, then black again. I contacted the seller & was promised a return call which hasn't eventuated. I may have just been unlucky as people I know swear by Samsung. I don't know if they're not suited to the tropics, I've had 3 & had to give them to relatives in the south of W.A. where they work perfectly. While it was working the phone was great, took really nice photos. I can't return the phone as the store is 1,000km from here. Don't let me put you off as I probably got the only lemon! I'll have to chase up the seller.

sntelhd

Thanks for the insight guys.

Jacqui Dasked

Is this phone suitable for seniors? Would it be too big to handle easily?

Stephanie

I think it would be okay for seniors although the letters on the keyboard aren't too big so that may be a downfall but other than that I would say yes.

Jacqui D

Thanks Stephanie. The letters are probably bigger than on my 'stupid phone' that has just died. Let's hope they are big enough.

JoanneSamsung

Hi Jacqui, the A20 has a main display of 162.0mm (6.4" full rectangle). We recommend for you to head to your nearest authorised Australia retailer to view their display models if available.

For more info > https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-a20-a205/

Jo

Rob.basked

The phone turns on it's self ,changes settings, moves apps on display screen, randomly rings people,
It does some strange things and I don't have to touch it
Only a couple of months old
Rob

Brad W.

Clearly faulty- take it back for a refund or exchange/repair.

Yes clearly faulty.

Rob.b

Yes I will take it back and get it sussed out

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives