Samsung Galaxy A20

Has ev'rything one needs in a phone

As an oldie (70yrs) I find this simple to use altho' disable all apps I don't need ... I use it as a remote for C/C, you Tube, TV guide etc and of course my shopping list ...
Has great battery life, nice screen size and colours and is as good as the 'bells'n'whistles overpriced ( imo) latest 'trends

Purchased in September 2019 for $199.00.

Perfect replacement phone

Bought this phone as a replacement of my now damaged galaxy A5. Have to say it's just as good if not better in some ways. Love the camera, takes high quality photos. Easy to use and very slick and stylish. Would recommend protective screen and cover as phone does feel it could easily slip out of hand if not careful. Am also a fan of the face recognition security feature. Definitely recommend this mobile phone.

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W Online Store for $279.00.

Software

A perfect phone for a small price

I was needing to upgrade my mobile phone, so researched what would best suit my needs. I was not particularly interested in having a ‘a you beaut camera’ so I found that the A20 was a great option for my needs. However, the camera is great both in day and night use. It has great ring tones and is easy to read. I purchased mine online and have found that is just right for me, having all that I need in an outright owned mobile. It has just as many features as the more expensive phones. I really only use it for the internet, emails, SMS and calls. It has a great screen, is easy to navigate and has the best battery life of any phone I’ve had.

Purchased in July 2019 at Ebay for $220.00.

Perfect

Love being able to share my videos on other devices. Love the colours. Love the screen size and resolution..
Love the Samsung pay app.
Love the security built in its really great..

Purchased in April 2019 at J.B.HIFI BROADWAY SYDNEY for $385.00.

my first smart phone

great price for the phone easy to use as it is my first smart phone battery last along i only charge it every few days im going out and buying one for my wife great value

Purchased in June 2019 for $299.00.

Great Value

I purchased this phone for my son and can't believe how good it is for the price. Has all the features he needs, huge screen and great camera. Looks great, fingerprint scanner and a few more bells and whistles than similar priced alternatives. Comparing it to the S9 I have I can't see the $700 price difference. This is perfect for my teenage son, but if I do break my fancy S9 I would grab one of these to replace it. Best value phone on the market.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks for $269.00.

I love this phone!

This is one of the best phones I have ever owned. The camera is fantastic, the battery life is awesome, charges really fast, camera is awesome and it's a good price for a good brand.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $251.10.

Software

Great phone for the price

I purchased the Galaxy A20 a couple of months ago. I upgraded from an old, clunky LG phone. I paid $275 outright and I am happy with its features. I use it for calls, SMS, internet and email. I have also transferred quite a bit of music to the phone. The display is clear, the apps run smoothly and it holds its charge very well. I haven't used the camera a lot, but it seems fine. I purchased a clear screen protector and cover for the back of the phone online; those two items cost about $20. Transferring everything from the old phone to this one was super quick. I really like this phone and recommend it if you are looking for some decent features without a huge price tag.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Why buy any other expensive Samsung Phone

I can't believe the bang for buck of this phone. It has everything that Galaxy phones have that you actually need and nothing you don't need like the curved glass which I can't stand. This is a good 6.4" phone, great screen although it's not full HD, very pleasantly surprised, I'm happier with it than Samsung Galaxy 8 that I ended up giving to my mother to use.

Purchased in July 2019 at Mobileciti Online store for $250.00.

Software
Hi Dario, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying your A20! If you require any help setting up your device, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Jo Samsung AU

Display issues.

Upon purchasing my new phone I returned home with my box, as I turned the phone on it was glitchy but I just thought because it's a new phone hey it might be ok. Well 2 days after this the screen wouldn't turn on. I took it back to the JBHIFI store I purchased. The guy got it to turn on and half the screen was black and the other half with green glitchy lines. Told me I was entitled to a refund etc went to the counter and was transferred to a different person. Long story short they refused to refund the phone until it had been sent to Samsung. I sent the phone myself to Samsung in which the guy told me that there was a chip in the LCD. I myself can not find any fractures etc nor can my family members. I have been contacting jbhifi for 4 weeks with still no resolution.With this said I got a quote from a mobile screen repair place and to fix the screen is $260. Which is the price of the phone.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $270.00.

Hi Brittany, we're sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with your device. We would be happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to provide us with your contact details and reference number to the link below? Please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Jo Samsung AU

Good enough mobile for me.

I am happy with the phone and particularly happy that I am not paying a monthly charge for it.
I think it is very good value.
I had a problem transferring my aapps from the playstoree but that is my fault, I couldn't remember what email I had used for google.
It does everything I need and it isn't hard. Previous phone was a Samsung, a bit newer and different but everything is accessible and straighforward.
I have dropped it a few times, havent got around to buying a case yet and it is bigger than my old phone so the silicon case I've got doesn't fit and I haven't found one the right size cheaply yet.
Screen is holding up better than I would have expected...hasn't cracked yet!

Purchased in May 2019 for $270.00.

Software
It stopped working tonight and I couldn't reboot. If I take it to the store to fix, Samsung chat said they will wipe all the data and can't help me save it. It has photos I can't lose, so not too happy anymore and stuck. Maybe not quite strong enough for me...sadly. Cost to repair a 3 month old phone more than half what it cost to buy. Wouldn't get another for this reason, although I loved it initially. Never had this happen with a phone, including a Samsung. Warranty not worth anything apparently.We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some troubles with your A20, Marion. If you would like us to further look into it, we recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre. Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Jo Samsung AUThanks Jo, I did take the phone to a Samsung Centre but unfortunately Samsung policy is to wipe data before repairs. So I would have lost all photos of my recently deceased mother, which I was not prepared to do. I had to take the phone to a non-Samsung repairer who saved my data and when I can collect it am confident it will be fine...however, it cost me the same as buying a new phone would have done. So, I think this is a problem that you wipe data and also that you do not supply a protective cover along with the phone when it is sold. It would cost Samsung very little to do this but would probably improve the goodwill from customers who deal with this issue. Thanks again for your info. I did have a booking and I did visit the store last weekend...and did have to go elsewhere as mentioned, in order to save my data. I was not happy about that.

A20 SAMSUNG

Very good received in good packaging, all parts are wrapped with bubble wrap.
Delivery within one week and using toll service. Very happy with the purchase, will come back again.

We greatly appreciate your feedback, Christina. We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your new A20. Jo Samsung AU

It's no high performance phone but you do get a lot for the money.

First off the display being Samsung's AMOLED is stunning especially at this price, the brightness is perfect for my use, apps all run well without any problems so far. The battery is fantastic if you don't use it heavily. The rear camera is a bit of a surprise, even though it is 13mp is seems to take better quality photos than my old Sony xperia x which features a 23mp camera. Overall I'm very happy with the A20, it does everything I look for in a budget smartphone for 2019, well done Samsung.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $270.00.

Software

5 star phone but minus one star because Facebook can't be uninstalled.

This is my second Samsung (S3) after my third HTC's touchscreen started failing. The screen, although not the highest PPI is amazing. Being amoled it is nice on the battery too. I gave it a flogging for the first day and got through 24 hours before needing to charge.

You can do split screen apps, popup apps and it also has a wide view camera. The camera has one great feature to comment about, a floating shutter button. It is particularly good for selfies as i can just move the button to nearer where my thumb is rather than trying to stretch across the screen. You can also choose how much the camera sees. It is a great thing to behold to see a live camera view of the entire screen including under the navigation bar.

As you would expect there is the usual bloatware. I have a later Galaxy tab and can remove most apps, Samsung and Google alike. The A20 is no different, I can remove most Samsung apps including Samsung Pay and Members. I can remove Google Photos, Drive and others. Curiously I can't remove Microsoft OneDrive and I am furious that I can't uninstall Facebook. It takes up 51mb of space I can't get back.

Particularly in this day and age when people are leaving Facebook in droves, not being able to remove it is an bad oversight by Samsung.

The phone's performance is great with very fast switching between apps. I can also have just gesture control for the home buttons to get even more screen space with just thin lines at the bottom to indicate where to gesture. It goes without saying that this is my best phone yet and at $259 they are just kidding. It should cost twice that! I really can't see what else I could get for a $2000 phone compared to this.

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $259.00.

Crap phones

Brought a new Samsung galaxy A20 on the 2nd day I plug it in to charge was on for around 10 minutes and heard a pop and the screen lite up when I looked at phone the screen had leaked out returned to store and told it would cost $50 to be sent away for warranty if I had drop phone fair enough but there's not a mark on it last Samsung item I'll ever buy

Hi Andrew, We’d be happy to investigate further into this. Can you send us a direct message with your phone number or a reference number, so we can take a closer look into this? Facebook > m.me/SamsungAustralia Lisa Samsung AU