Phone is slow

I do find the model fairly laggy which is starting to annoy me. The keyboard I find is slow to appear some times, searching my apps feels slow. I use to have the A5 2017 model and the A30 does feel slower. Had an issue where a camera failed notification came up....had to restart the phone.

Positively I do like screen.

Purchased in August 2019.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with your A30. We can see that you have reached out to us in regard to this via private message. To avoid confusion, we recommend for you to follow with our chat there so we will be able to further look into this. Jo Samsung AURemediation I thought meant that both sides give a little to come to a positive outcome, not just telling me how it's going to be and throwing policies at me.

All I need in a phone

The camera, gallery and Apps are easily accessed and the phone handles the Navigation & Maps with ease. So much better than my old S4 Samsung. Emails and Banking are a breeze to use on the large screen.

Purchased in June 2019 for $379.00.

Not too good

I 'm not fully satisfied with this phone. In 2nd April I brought this phone in installment. After 5 days it's started hanging. I just upset with my phone. I never purchased Samsung again.

Purchased in April 2019 for $499.00.

Software
Hi Stela, if you are experiencing troubles with your A30, we recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you. Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Jo Samsung AU

Too laggy!

This phones performance is on par with a crappy cheap android phone getting rid of it!
too frustrating to use!! Takes 3 seconds just to open the dam camera!
Very substandard! very disappointed never again samsung never!
and i know nothing will be done to fi the problem!!

battery life is outstanding though

Purchased in May 2019 at Officeworks.

Very impressed!!! Recommended!

I purchased this for my son. Very impressive, I find it quite snappy (for the price range) love the wide and feature, yes I do agree there are a lot of un-installable Samsung apps. I run chromecast, google home, smart plugs, I know these are mostly router based, however I can go for 2-3 days without recharge.

Camera(s) are good, however have a bit of lag, could use stabilisation.

Overall, my son loves it, I have 4 different phones and bang vs buck, recommend! Looking at the A70.

Purchased in June 2019 for $340.00.

Software

Worth buy good value for money

A 30 has a good enough camera for day to day, the processor and RAM are sufficient for multiple applications being open, it has a large premium display. The connectivity options are extensive. In short, this is a phone for what you do daily, make calls, text, take a few pictures, load your favorite apps, check the Internet, run GPS and just a great daily.Battery life is unbelievable especially if you are old school and turn off what you don't use.

3 GB RAM model is too slow

I paid $379 AUD for this phone, thinking I didn't need a flagship model phone like the S10 or P30.

It's too slow. It lags a lot. I wish I spent more & got a better model.

The Camera in particular is ridiculously laggy. Like, by the time the camera is up, the moment you wanted to capture has passed.

One positive is that the phone looks more expensive than it is. Also the screen is quite nice. On the positive side, the battery life is excellent.

I don't recommend it. You're better off getting a second-hand phone like the Huawei P10 for cheaper. It will perform much better.

Shame on Samsung for selling a substandard phone.

Purchased in August 2019 for $379.00.

Software
We appreciate your review, Matt. Your feedback has not gone unnoticed. However, if you believe there may be a fault with your device, we recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you. Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Jo Samsung AU

Very Happy Mobile User

I have only upgraded to this Samsung phone from a Samsung Galaxy S4 about 10 days ago. So far I am very happy with it although I am still learning many of its features. The Smartswitch app made it so easy to transfer information between phones. The display is very bright and easy to navigate.
I use my mobile phone to check emails, Facebook, messenger and my calendar and so far I am very happy with the ease of which I can check these. I have apps such as Stocard, Golf Handy Cap and they work very well.
I take some photos on my mobile although I mainly take photos on my tablet. The couple of trial photos I have taken were fine and I feel sure with the quality of this phone, I will use it more often.
I bought this model of phone because I felt the Samsung "S" series had more
enhancements than I needed and was quite expensive so the A30 was a compromise and of course great value for all its features.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $372.00.

Average phone for this price, 3.5 star

Good things- screen size, resolution and colours, brightness, slightly better battery life,fast charging, light weight.
Bad things- processor peed is slow, hangs at times, technical glitch with certain apps.
Conclusion-if you have more money go for a higher version.

Purchased in May 2019 at Overseas for $315.00.

Great Phone for Kids and Starters

Phone has a great screen, easy to navigate and good battery life. Bought this for my high schooler and loves it. Photos from camera seems decent enough with live focus. Tick all the basics and even has nfc to activate samsung pay. Apps run pretty smoothly and benefits from the big screen. You should buy a good earphones as the one provided is rubbish especially when you use spotify frequently. Good mid range phone. Don't expect to much though as you get what you pay for.

Purchased in July 2019.

Love it

Much easier to use than previous Samsung S5.
Great clear screen, good camera. Love it.
Good Smartphone for even elderly people to manoeuvre. Also, great price, not an over the top cost.

Thank you for your review, Annie! We're glad to hear you are enjoying your new A30! Lisa

A promising mid-range phone foiled by terrible software optimisation.

● THE GOOD ●
• Incredible large OLED display.
• Duel cameras with wide angle lens.
• USB C charging port for fast data transfer
• Headphone jack.
• Expandable storage with Micro-SD card.

● THE BAD ●
• This phone is not water-proof, at all.
• Terrible battery performance (drains 10% overnight doing nothing).
• Switching/searching apps and the camera are atrociously laggy; resulting in missed photo opportunities.
• The cameras do not have stabilisation (photos are blurry if you move slightly)
• The selfie camera does not have auto-focus.
• Very basic haptic feedback (unimpressive tincan buzzing vibration motor).
• Loaded with Bloatware and Samsung constantly spams users.
• Theme / icon customisation are locked behind creating a Samsung Account.

● SOFTWARE●
Samsung has opted for its 'One UI' software overlay (which is an additional software which runs over the stock Android operating system). The One UI overlay is quite well-designed, though it comes loaded with Bloatware such as the countless Samsung apps; many of which can not be uninstalled. Caution: Software overlays like One UI tend to hinder overall system performance and reduce a device's longevity as phone manufacturers tend to cease optimising the overlays with the constant slew of Android updates.

There are times when the system is inexcusably laggy and unresponsive such as the most basic tasks like searching in the settings app and pressing the app-viewing button which experience ridiculous loading times (5 second loading for simple app search). It is evident that Samsung have not bothered to properly optimise the A30 to perform adequately - this is a cause for concern in relation to planned obsolescence.

● BATTERY●
The battery life of this phone is terrible and inexcusable considering Samsung proudly advertise the larger 4000 mAh battery capacity. The A30's battery will drain a ridiculous 10% overnight while the phone is inactive (WIFI, Data, Bluetooth, NFC all turned off). If you are prioritising strong battery life, then do not be fooled by this phone.

● CONCLUSION ●
It works, but often experiences extreme lag which hampers the user experience. If you're okay with missing some 'popular' features like waterproofing and advanced haptic feedback (which is desperately needed for gesture navigation), then you may want to consider this. However, due to the abysmal system lag, dysfunctional camera performance and inexcusable battery drain, I would suggest spending an extra $100 for a different brand.

I cannot recommend this device based on Samsung's unwillingness to properly optimise this phone properly. What Samsung has effectively done is advertise very good specs but limited the power to 40% in what I believe is a sleazy attempt to promote its $1200 phones. There's zero excuse for a phone with an octa-core processor to be so miserably slow.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $310.00.

Software
We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your new A30! Your in-depth review has been much appreciated. If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Jo Samsung AUNo questions, but some feedback and requests, Optimise the phone so it does not drain 10% battery overnight doing nothing. Add haptic feedback to the horizontal swipe gesture for app switching. ThePeoplesChamp

Great phone at a good price

Large, beautiful 6.4" sAMOLED display running FHD+. Dual rear cameras (16MP + 5MP) to produce portrait / bokeh style photos. Front camera in the notch. Zippy processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM. MicroSD card support. USB-C, 802.11ac Wifi, NFC, B28, runs Samsung's OneUI, 2 years Samsung warranty (if bought in Aus). I think it's a good phone for the price.