Samsung Galaxy A30

Samsung Galaxy A30

Arslan

ArslanPerth, WA

Suprisingly good display

Started using this phone a few months ago at work. Didnt expect that from a phone of that price. Very good display, a bit slow but do the job. Happy overall with the product

Hoang

HoangSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's not bad and does the job.

Phone overall is ok and represents great value for money. It is however quite slows with multi-tasking or to even start up the camera. Auto-rotate function is also quite slow. Ok for the price but might be worth going A50 instead.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $315.00.

MickSamsung

Good phone

Probably the best Samsung at the moment. Good camera. Great sound quality even in the speaker. Battery should last more time. The price is fair and affordable for everyone. 9/10

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $349.00.

Dina

DinaHobart, TAS

Great mobile

This is one of the best mobile i have used. Battery is really great it last long. Great screen size ang 16mp camera is also good, Thou its not the best but its okey. And price is affordable

Purchased in March 2019 at Samsung for $350.00.

Bec

Bec

Horrid Phone

Bought two of these three days apart and both freeze, especially every time a message comes through on messenger, the screen flickers, the keyboard has a mind of to its own... it is the worst samsung phone I have ever owned in my life

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $379.00.

JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Phone

Bought this phone to replace nokia 5 and already surprised at functions,fairly easy to use does hang a bit at times camera pretty good 2 year warranty,I usually replace after this anyway.

Purchased in May 2019 at Samsung Physical store for $379.00.

scoobydoo555Perth, WA

Phone is slow

I do find the model fairly laggy which is starting to annoy me. The keyboard I find is slow to appear some times, searching my apps feels slow. I use to have the A5 2017 model and the A30 does feel slower. Had an issue where a camera failed notification came up....had to restart the phone.

Positively I do like screen.

Purchased in August 2019.

scoobydoo555

Remediation I thought meant that both sides give a little to come to a positive outcome, not just telling me how it's going to be and throwing policies at me.

Iain Varney

Iain VarneyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

All I need in a phone

The camera, gallery and Apps are easily accessed and the phone handles the Navigation & Maps with ease. So much better than my old S4 Samsung. Emails and Banking are a breeze to use on the large screen.

Purchased in June 2019 for $379.00.

Stela R.

Stela R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not too good

I 'm not fully satisfied with this phone. In 2nd April I brought this phone in installment. After 5 days it's started hanging. I just upset with my phone. I never purchased Samsung again.

Purchased in April 2019 for $499.00.

Brett M.

Brett M.South East Queensland, QLD

Too laggy!

This phones performance is on par with a crappy cheap android phone getting rid of it!
too frustrating to use!! Takes 3 seconds just to open the dam camera!
Very substandard! very disappointed never again samsung never!
and i know nothing will be done to fi the problem!!

battery life is outstanding though

Purchased in May 2019 at Officeworks.

Davey

DaveySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very impressed!!! Recommended!

I purchased this for my son. Very impressive, I find it quite snappy (for the price range) love the wide and feature, yes I do agree there are a lot of un-installable Samsung apps. I run chromecast, google home, smart plugs, I know these are mostly router based, however I can go for 2-3 days without recharge.

Camera(s) are good, however have a bit of lag, could use stabilisation.

Overall, my son loves it, I have 4 different phones and bang vs buck, recommend! Looking at the A70.

Purchased in June 2019 for $340.00.

Arvind

ArvindPerth, WA

Worth buy good value for money

A 30 has a good enough camera for day to day, the processor and RAM are sufficient for multiple applications being open, it has a large premium display. The connectivity options are extensive. In short, this is a phone for what you do daily, make calls, text, take a few pictures, load your favorite apps, check the Internet, run GPS and just a great daily.Battery life is unbelievable especially if you are old school and turn off what you don't use.

Matt S.

Matt S.Sydney, NSW

3 GB RAM model is too slow

I paid $379 AUD for this phone, thinking I didn't need a flagship model phone like the S10 or P30.

It's too slow. It lags a lot. I wish I spent more & got a better model.

The Camera in particular is ridiculously laggy. Like, by the time the camera is up, the moment you wanted to capture has passed.

One positive is that the phone looks more expensive than it is. Also the screen is quite nice. On the positive side, the battery life is excellent.

I don't recommend it. You're better off getting a second-hand phone like the Huawei P10 for cheaper. It will perform much better.

Shame on Samsung for selling a substandard phone.

Purchased in August 2019 for $379.00.

Janetta

JanettaDarling Downs, QLD

Very Happy Mobile User

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $372.00.

Ng1

Ng1Victoria

Average phone for this price, 3.5 star

Good things- screen size, resolution and colours, brightness, slightly better battery life,fast charging, light weight.
Bad things- processor peed is slow, hangs at times, technical glitch with certain apps.
Conclusion-if you have more money go for a higher version.

Purchased in May 2019 at Overseas for $315.00.

Chris

Chris

Great Phone for Kids and Starters

Phone has a great screen, easy to navigate and good battery life. Bought this for my high schooler and loves it. Photos from camera seems decent enough with live focus. Tick all the basics and even has nfc to activate samsung pay. Apps run pretty smoothly and benefits from the big screen. You should buy a good earphones as the one provided is rubbish especially when you use spotify frequently. Good mid range phone. Don't expect to much though as you get what you pay for.

Purchased in July 2019.

Annie

Annie

Love it

Much easier to use than previous Samsung S5.
Great clear screen, good camera. Love it.
Good Smartphone for even elderly people to manoeuvre. Also, great price, not an over the top cost.

Lisa K.Samsung

Thank you for your review, Annie! We're glad to hear you are enjoying your new A30!

Lisa

ThePeoplesChampCanberra Central 2601, ACT

A promising mid-range phone foiled by terrible software optimisation.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $310.00.

JoanneSamsung

We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your new A30! Your in-depth review has been much appreciated. If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Jo
Samsung AU

bcchgeneral

bcchgeneralSydney, NSW

Great phone at a good price

Large, beautiful 6.4" sAMOLED display running FHD+. Dual rear cameras (16MP + 5MP) to produce portrait / bokeh style photos. Front camera in the notch. Zippy processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM. MicroSD card support. USB-C, 802.11ac Wifi, NFC, B28, runs Samsung's OneUI, 2 years Samsung warranty (if bought in Aus). I think it's a good phone for the price.