Samsung Galaxy A8

Samsung Galaxy A8

• Incentivised Review Yes (28%) · No (72%)

ThumbsDownKurmond

ThumbsDownKurmondSydney Surrounds, NSW

very happy with the phone

we have 2 of this phone.
Cameras are very good, happy with display.
it was a bit unusual to not have a button on the bottom but then we got used to it.
never had any issues with apps

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $549.00.

Brisbane without a phone

Brisbane without a phoneSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is a total dud

Bought this phone about six months ago and I am in despair at its utter failure. Any phone that cannot handle a single drop without cracking is useless. I'm sorry. Humans drop phones. I've been through two screens in six months, and this after I had an iphone for almost seven years with the screen never cracked. So it's not me just slamming into iron spikes or anything. The A8 is simply ready-made to break. The next issue is the SIM detaching, along with the screen. This might be the fault of the repair guy. No doubt the company would say that. Either way, I'm close to $1000 down on this phone now, six months after purchase. It's a piece. I'm almost ready to go phoneless for a while after this experience. To hell with it.

Purchased in April 2019 for $569.00.

Moody O.

Moody O.Illawarra, NSW

It is just an average smartphones

The smartphones work fine but sometimes it gets slow and stops working. The camera is just okayish. I would suggest you this smartphone if you do not care about camera quality.

Purchased in January 2019 at Officeworks for $450.00.

Fish

FishSydney, NSW

A great smartphone

I wanted a second smartphone to use when overseas (with a separate SIM), and the Galaxy A8 ticked all the boxes for me. The camera quality is very good, the display is great, and everything about it suited my needs. Frankly, at this price, I can't see why I would need any other smartphone.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $590.00.

rebekah.howard1

rebekah.howard1AU

Good, but I miss my iPhone.

I chose samsung because of the price/value for money. It's a great size and lightweight. But it's not as easy to use as iPhone. Some of the apps don't seem to work as well as in iPhone.

Purchased in July 2019 at Optus.

Michael M

Michael MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for my first smartphone

The main reason I upgraded to a smartphone was to use while travelling. There are many excellent features so this phone is exactly what I needed for internet, email and useful apps. The upgraded operating system is well structured for navigation around the phone. This model seems to be almost as good as the top of range models but comes at a far more reasonable price.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $549.00.

AdaSamsung

Hi Michael, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying the A8. If you require any assistance with setting up your device, please feel free to reach out to us.

Karan B.

Karan B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

decent price and easy to use.

phone is pretty good and battery life is pretty impressive. bought this phone in October last year and never had any issues with it. why pay $1200 for a phone when u can get a brand new phone for half the price and does the same job.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

seyoon k.

seyoon k.

not bad!

I've been using this phone over a year and a half. I'm quite satisfied with the camera quality but sometimes it could be affected by lighting when you take a picture outside.
apps to run smoothly but it's not suitable for playing a game with this phone.

Purchased in February 2018 for $500.00.

John K

John KPerth, WA

Samsung are pretty great

I really like Samsungs, they are easy to use, have good battery life etc. Just wouldn't mind something with a slightly better camera. Great screen, and good for it's price. Not too big and still looks nice and slim. Great quality.

Purchased in October 2018.

REVIEWER

REVIEWERSydney

Great Samsung Phone

The Samsung Galaxy A8 is a perfect mid range phone. It functions as very well. The camera is great. Easy to hold in one hand - not too big. Has a thin slick appearance and has a quality feel to it. The fingerprint scanner on the rear is a good place to have it. Very fast start up times.

Purchased in December 2018.

MargaretCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Accused by Samsung for dropping the phone

I had the Samsung A 8 for 2 weeks, took it out off my handbag and the screen was cracked like a road map, as it is on a plan took it back to Opus, they went all over it and said well you have not dropped it my answer to them was NO, took it to Samsung store, they accused me of dropping it, and wanted $250 to fix the screen, my reply to them was NO, I have had my other phone for 2 and a Half years in the same place in my bag and had no problem, think Samsung need to get their act together.

Purchased in April 2019.

Hi Mick,

Sorry am unable to send this to facebook, is there another way I can get to you.

AdaSamsung

Hi Margaret, just to let you know, we have sent you a private message for further information. We recommend for you to keep an eye out on your inbox.

Olly

OllyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smashing Mid-Range Droid Packs a Vibrant Punch

Ovverall a very reliable Phone for day to day use.
Gorgeous Amoled Screen is a perfect media powerhouse!
Camera is a bit lacking but front camera is the better one of those.
System memory can get an issue so an SD card does the trick.
Amazing UI and general use. Doesn't lag in heavy use conditions.
Looks sleak and durable and very very pocket friendly.
3.5/5

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $468.00.

Audienne W

Audienne WDarling Downs, QLD

Great phone

Very satisfied with the phone. Perfect for my needs and has everything I want. t
The apps run smoothly and the display is very clear. Has fast downloading and takes perfect pictures on the camera.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $455.00.

Les

LesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SAMSUNG mobile phone OS upgrades to PIE

After upgrading from Oreo to PIE the battery drained quickly and the mobile data and wi-fi ran at 1/10th of the speed under Oreo. I reset Mobile data settings, contacted Samsung support who were friendly but a lot of their phones are getting this issue. After two factory default attempts there is no improvement. PUT OUT A PATCH SAMSUNG.

Purchased in April 2019 for $500.00.

Yuni

YuniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good value for the phone. Love it.

The value of money is very good. The camera on the day time is excellent but the weakness is camera at night time. The rest I am happy with my phone.

Purchased in January 2018 for $800.00.

Dan HCentral Coast

Speaker issues since purchase - Samsung did not fix

Purchased in August 2018. The speaker is terrible and distorts sound when listening to music, during phone calls and even when playing auto noises such as the sound played when plugged in. This issue is not constant but happens on a regular basis. Sent away to Samsung to fix and they couldn't find the issue. So now stuck with a phone that is barely usable.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Dan H

Tried to discuss this with Samsung before publishing this review but it has been over a month since I provided them with the details and they have not responded.

RisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Samsung A8

After being a Samsung lover for years, I thought it was time to upgrade. I walked into the Optus shop (usually I just do this over the phone and wait for my new phone in the mail), and after seeing the A8 I loved it. Everything I want inn a phone and not too big. Battery life excellent.

Purchased in February 2019 at Optus.

Still loving it

Michael

MichaelAustralia

Cheap version of Galaxy S8

The Samsung A8 is basically a cut down version of the flagship Galaxy S8. It is a decent business phone, fast and reliable that you'd expect from Samsung.
The camera quality is noticably worse than the S8 counterpart, but at half the price, it's about what you'd expect.
Speed and memory-wise it's slightly slower than the S8 but again, using it for work purposes (phone, sms and email) it is hardly noticable

Purchased in April 2018 at Optus.

Anita

AnitaIllawarra, NSW

5 stars

I love this phone. Purchased on the weekend and very happy. I love the crisp images and beautiful photos it takes. Awesome apps, extremely easy to get content from old phone and generally a great looking device. Am happy that it is water and dust proof. Slim design and easy to set up.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Ngoniboi

NgoniboiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great phone to use! Very reliable

With strong and capable hardware. Not high-end but very reliable to use. The camera app work smartly and easy to switch between modes. Browsing is smooth and effortless. VoIP works well and the battery life is very good for a phone with so many functions.

Purchased in October 2018.

John

Johnasked

Has any one else had ongoing charging problems with a8? Mine constantly tells me "Moisture detected" when charging and to turn it off and unplug charger ! A service battery replacement did not correct the problem. I'm at a loss!

AdaSamsung

Hi John, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with your A8. We recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

FranC

FranCasked

I have been a Samsung Galaxy user for over ten years and was very happy with the phones. However, I switched to an A8 (2018) when my last phone (S5) died in March this year. Am VERY disappointed as it will not connect with the Bluetooth in my car (2009 Hyundai Getz). Never had a problem till I changed phones and am desperate to find out why the Bluetooth won't connect. I believe it's something to do with an update that was available about the time I bought the phone and many others have the same problem. What can I do to get the Bluetooth to work?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi, we'd be more than happy to assist you with this. Would you be able to send us a message to our Facebook via the link below?

Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Jay

Jayasked

Changed from a Note Samsung to Samsung A8; all info easily moved across via Smart Switch except for notification/sound for messages. Can any one tell what I am doing wrong?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Jay, we'd be more than happy to help you set up your notification sounds on your A8. If you would like us to assist with this, please let us know via PM through the link below.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives