8Samsung Galaxy Buds+

3.5

Nick off10 posts
  Top Review

One small step for Samsung

But No giant leap for mankind. After purchasing the original Buds ($199), I was appalled at their underperformance. These should have been recalled for their failure to receive calls that others can hear, and their sound quality, critically compared to the free headphones supplied with your phone, (and coming off second best). After 5 days I cut my losses. Unable to return it to the point of sale due to the box being opened, I pleaded with a pawn shop to buy it. They where very unwilling, saying they have a bad reputation and are hard to sell. Finally, I hagglled $70, and knew I was receiving a huge favour.
Sucking up my $140 overnight loss, Samsung will love to hear that I gave them a second chance. Reading much about the improvements made with Buds + I blamed myself for poor choice and forked out another $299 for what should have been standard on the originals. I am far from being a rich man, and this was painful. Compared to the "prototype" Buds initially sold to me, a reportedly 38% boost in bass means 38% more than nothing. A round of applause, no not really. Overall, I can now answer my phone calls and be heard (this should be a standard feature) and listen to music knowing every bass player on the planet wasn't captured in the Rapture.Needs improvement

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi for $299.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Samsung   DM

I'm truly sorry to hear of the troubles you have been facing with your Galaxy Buds+. Could you please reach out via either of the below methods for further support:

You can reach us via:
Facebook Messenger: m.me/SamsungAustralia
Phone: 1300 362 603
Live Chat: external link
Email: external link

Sara
Samsung AU

Nick off

Thanks for your response Sara, but support for dud buds won't replace my losses. Everything I wrote was true. Suck.

JxM
JxMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  Verified Top Review

Super comfortable, long battery life and finally an iOS app

I've been through many true wireless headphones over the past couple of years and have constantly run into issues after a few months with charging or connectivity. Before these I had JBL's and then the original Galaxy Buds. I did like my Galaxy Buds due to the comfortable design and that's stayed the same with these, as I can't stand the hard plastic design of Airpods or the like as they never sit right in my ears and have poor isolation. The only issue is I kept facing a multitude of problems, bugs and glitches, none of which could be fixed and after a lot of going back and forth with my retailer and a well-timed discount, I was able to swap to these for just a little more.

A minor detail, but I miss the Aura Glow variant on these new models, it did have a distinctive look. These Buds+ are as comfortable as ever and I can wear them for hours with no issue. Wireless and USB-C charging is still standard which is great as I have wireless chargers all over my house and I notice it charges way quicker than the old Galaxy Buds which is much appreciated. The battery is one of my favourite things about these, it says it lasts about twice as long as the old ones and with my intermittent use I do notice needing to charge the case less often with the same use. The hinge of the case also feels more durable.

Lastly, as I primarily use this with my iPhone, the addition of the iOS app is long overdue given other brands long made apps for both OSes. I'm glad I can now get an accurate battery percentage (of both the case and each earbud), adjust the equaliser (tip: Dynamic sounds great) and customise the touchpad controls. Overall I believe these punch above their weight and I think iOS users shouldn't discount them for AirPods given they've finally done good iOS integration. Plus I don't think any true wireless earbuds have gotten insanely long battery life like this (good headroom for the future given I don't think you can swap batteries once they get old on earbuds). I honestly have nothing to complain about, except the full RRP which is even more expensive than the old ones. These are great earbuds, I just recommend buying them when they go on sale for maximum value.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $239.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Samsung   DM

Great to hear you are enjoying your Samsung Galaxy Buds+! We really appreciate the time spent to share your feedback on this product and I will be sure to pass this on to the team :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us a PM via the link below as it is our main point of contact.

external link

Kath
Samsung AU

Charmaine
CharmaineVictoria8 posts

Seve T.
Seve T.Perth, WA21 posts

Horrible, just stop working

After 2 years using my earbuds few times a week, the left one just stop working. It's charging, but doesn't have any sound in any device I connect. I've googled and it seems to be a recurring problem. I've tried all the steps recommended to make it work. But nothing. The lifetime seems really low for the price I've paid to have it with my phone. It's a shame. Show details
Richard L.
Richard L.Sydney, NSW13 posts

Kael
KaelPerth, WA17 posts

Absolutely incredible earbuds

I've had mine for roughly 4 months and I use them close to everyday and they are the best earbuds I've ever used.

- 8/10 Audio. The lows are solid and the highs are vibrant.
- 8/10 Fit. They are comfortable and light. I've never had an issue with them falling out.
- 10/10 battery. Can last ~1-2 weeks on a single charge with my level of use which is incredible for the size.

I've never had an issue with these earphones. They were inexpensive, have a subtle look and sound great.
I smirk whenever someone who has a competitors earbuds say they have issues with theirs because I have had no issues.

Mesut O.
Mesut O.

Worst buds ever!

Right bud not working. I only used few times..If you lucky charged your buds fully only works 30 min.I am not happy with this product. No more Samsung products again. Show details
Jaffar
JaffarMelbourne2 posts

Pathetic service from Customer Service

Galaxy buds was booked in for not charging. It was sent back saying Its Wax and it working now. Found a Pin bent sent it back. was advised its charging and its working fine. sent it for third time now I have been advised there's physical damage and I need to pay $100 for this. Samsung Highpoint Tech didnt notice physical damage first 2 tech's didnt notice any physical damage. Each time I picked the device at Samsung store and returned it . Show details
Andrew Nguyen
Andrew NguyenPerth, WA119 posts
Qingyi Hua
Qingyi Hua6 posts

Not a good option if you want to buy earbuds

The only advantage is that it can pair with several equipments. And I got it free while I pre-ordered my Galaxy S20+. I have got an airpods pro, but it cannot work with my Surface laptop. My galaxy buds+ is the only equipment I have to work same time with my laptop and mobile. But sometimes, it fails to transmit the sound properly. Laggings or even distorted sound happen quite often, especially you are several metres away from the equipment it links to. And its noise cancelling is almost useless on the streets only if you want to maximise ambient sound, which is also quite uncomfortable. Overall, I don't think this product worth more than $100. Show details
Mark S
Mark SSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Aimee C.
Aimee C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Design is great

I use the headphones primarily to listen to online lectures and they don't hurt my ears even when I use them for hours. I don't however recommend them for running because they are not very secure especially when you have sweaty ears like mine. I haven't tried changing the "hooks" to large though so maybe that would help. The ambient sound is good and it does the job. I love that I can easily switch to ambient and (passive) noise cancelling because the house is full of noisy kids. I also love the blue design because it's unique. Show details ·  1
Taf
TafHunter Region, NSW36 posts
jaouhara b.
jaouhara b.3 posts

my new buds plus

after purchasing my note 10 plus i choose the samsung buds plus. i don't regret having them they make my life easy and i just love them. they easily get paired with my phone and laptop, the sound is very clear and the battery life is impressive. Show details ·  2
Kezz F.
Kezz F.Sydney, NSW5 posts

Over priced but a good product

I upgraded my phone and got suckered into adding these to my contract for a small monthly fee. I use them with Spotify (which is mostly all I listen to when I use headphones) and the sound quality is good, better than cheaper alternatives I have used in the past. I haven’t had any problems with connecting them and them disconnecting while using. And as for the range who uses the headphones at a far enough distance for them to drop out? So I don’t think we need to worry about that.
Like most wireless headphones they’re a bit tricky to keep in your ears, you really have to jam them in. But when you’re buying wireless what more can you expect really? Show details ·  1