Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

128GB and 512GB

Great power user device

I use this phablet for a mix of work and personal use across metropolitan and semi rural areas on the Telstra network. Phone coverage has been great. The ability to use WiFi calling is awsome on the newer Samsung phones as I have virtually no signal at home living in a hilly semi rural area.
For work purposes the screen size is great from a navigation point of view streets can be seen clearly. The s pen is awsome at meetings and conferences for note taking and means I don't carry a not book around.
From a personal device point of view the camera quality has to be one of the best on the market especially night time shots with some really neat features.
The only drawback would be the screen when watching movies in dark settings e.g. Stranger things on Netflix even when turning the brightness right up characters can be very difficult to distinguish however this may be the case for all phone/ tablet/ phablet on the market.
Another awsome feature is the waterproofing has been a life saver when the phone is poolside pumping out music to a Bluetooth speaker and previously owned S8+ even survived an accidental salt water dip in the ocean for half an hour. This feature alone has saved me over $1,000.
If I was in the market for a new phone I would definitely look at a note 10 but will personally wait for at least the note 11 as this note 9 is great and would also be awsome for anyone else that wants to pick up a great device that would have dropped considerably in price since release.

Purchased in December 2018 at Telstra .

So good

This phone is amazing. Previously I used apple but I much prefer the note 9 setup. All the useful features are very helpful, particularly for texting.

Instead of the normal keyboard you can use the pen, write the word or swipe letters. This is far quicker than normal texting.

I like the display size. Camera quality is great. The extra side toolbar is also very helpful.

I use it continually for web surfing, watching videos and social media as well as chatting on apps. Also charges quickly when using power. Recommended.

Purchased at Optus.

Best mobile ever

This phone is an all in one. The camera quality is great, it is visually attractive and has practical features. I love the stylus & use the phone for nearly everything (writing notes in meetings, sketching, call and messaging, researching, typing notes, playing games, watching videos, social media & taking photos, etc). Lets just say I can't put it down.

Purchased in June 2019 at eBay.

Software

What a machine packed with lots of power. Great Phablet for those who use are always on the run.

- Outstanding camera in any environment
- The display brightness is on par and the phone durability seems to be up to specs
- I use my Phablet for business mini computer that packs a punch
- The apps response time is instantaneous

Purchased in August 2019.

Note 9 a bit much

Hello I've owned the note 9 for about a year know. Since I am into flagship phones I was excited to use this phone to the max and u did I did everything except for gaming as I'm not a gamer I decided to purchase the note 9 at first I was very impressed with the phone. It was more than a phone it was my personal mini office multitasking is great using the camera with all the extras took a little bit of time to get used to. I did use the s pen wasn't very impressed with it. It should of been able to do more gestures then what it did the two speakers are good on the phone the top speaker seem to kind of bug out once in awhile but I noticed the more updates the came the worst the phone was getting the phone would the heat up and slow down when new features would come with new updates on but they would not work or available to me because I am in Canada example wi/fi calling would never work or new chat apps would not register not sure if that's a Samsung thing or my current operator I did replace the screen two times in one year the glass was not as good as it could be the aluminum frame was great I dropped my phone quite a bit and it took quite a few lickin's I would if liked it to be a bit tougher considering the price tag on some of these phones but overall it was a great phone can't wait for the note 10 to come out and I'll review that one as well I give the note 9 7 out of 10

Purchased in August 2018 at Samsung for $1.10.

Great Phone

Have had this phone for 12 months and haven't had any real issues with it. Have been able to get free tuition from Samsung store at Marion where purchased. Easy to navigate and love the pen that comes with it. Is great for using in bumpy cars when passenger but doesn't always respond when at edge of screen. Have also got screen protector on and this sometimes causes issues with the touch feature. Doesn't always respond on first touch but otherwise a great phone.

Purchased in September 2018 at Samsung Physical store for $1,500.00.

Software

Amazing device, hard to part with. Most reliable samsung

This device is Epic, more like a computor. Assists in keeping me organised whilst monotoring my health, really fast and the perfect size. No issues and the glass is extremely strong better than the new Galaxy 10!!!! I have been reluctant to part with this phone due to it's amazing quality, photos are incredible and so much storeage space, works with VPNS, SUPER secure for my employment needs. By far the best phone samsung have released, the next best was the Samsung Mega from many years ago. One issue would be the 100% inability to mock your location, the security chip is too powerful.

Purchased in April 2018 at Vodafone for $1,899.00.

Software

Samsung galaxy note 9, the best smartphone... Till the next one.

I have owned the note 9 for a year. It has been great. Great battery charging and use, large screen and good connectivity.

I can't really fault it.. it is a large phone, if you are looking for a small one maybe go the S series.

I don't use the s pen slot and find it a bit of waste but I'm sure some people use it and when I have used it it works great.

I'm upgrading to the note 10 in a few weeks and will update with a review on that.

Purchased in July 2018 at Telstra for $1,500.00.

I love it!!!!

First of all, before my Samsung note 8 and now 9, I had been using iPhone since it's gen 1 when it was first released in the states. So you can imagine how big jump it would've been for me.

It took a short while to get used to the interface of samsung phone as you would expect when changing products you are familiar with.

From then, it was all ooh la la! Now I can't imagine going back to iPhone. I still think iPhone is a good mobile phone with good design. But damn! Samsung phones are so efficient, effective and of course enjoyable to use as it gives you so much control over how you want to tailor and use the phone.
More options for apps and I'm very happy with the overall performance. My phone doesn't freeze as my iPhone used to do.

Of all the features I love the caller ID feature where it identified callers from potential frauds so I can simply block the numbers.

It's now been almost 4 years since I've converted from iPhone to samsung phones, and I'm not going back to iPhone....

Purchased in February 2019 at Optus.

Software

Best mobile phone I've ever owned

The phone is second to none!
-Great camera quality, features and ability to live stream straight from your camera. Different modes and ability to take professional photography in an instant.
-Addictional features the phone has is the Bluetooth stylus pen, you can use it like a pen itself and many many other features.
It is super fast, responsive and multitasking made easy, with 8GB ram, playing games is almost comparable to some older laptops.
-size is perfect, screen quality is crazy good with the ability to last all day and fully charged within 1.5hr
Definitely recommend it if you are looking for a new smart phone that works like a mini computer

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $1,500.00.

Good phone

Quality of camer is good. Phone is fast and was also given 126gb memory card for free which was good. Apps r running fine no issues. Always with Samsung note from past 5 yers.my 4th phone

Purchased in July 2019 at Vodafone for $1,450.00.

It's a great phone

I like the camera on the Samsung s9. It takes a great picture. Downloading apps is easy once you learn. It's not as good as the iPhone but close enough.

Purchased in April 2018 at Telstra shop for $1,200.00.

Software

Super impressed & its water-resistant!

Decided it was time to get a new phone - previously I had a Note 5 but more recently an iPhone 6s Plus.
Going back to Samsung was a real pleasure. The Note 9 is an amazing device, fantastic screen resolution & what a camera. Took a while to learn all its features - helped by regular emails from Samsung giving training on the options & features. I accidentally went for a swim with the phone in my pocket - shock horror! But all was good as its water resistant...phew that was a relief.
The only downside is that the S-Pen is a bit fragile. Dropped it on a carpeted floor and it broke in two. $49 later & I'm being more careful.
Overall very impressed - I see a new Note 10 is out - would be interested to see what Samsung has done to improve it over my 9.

Purchased in December 2018 at Telstra.

Best phone

This phone has become my favourite. Amazing features,long lasting battery. I have been taking lots of photos since I got it. I had problem with screen keypad now it is easy with pen.

Purchased in July 2019 at Samsung Online store for $825.00.

Software
We love to hear this, Rekha! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Lisa Samsung AU

Note 9 512GB Dual Sim - Excellent all around mobile

Excellent all around mobile with great battery life and amazing build quality. This is one of the flagship devices launched in Aug 2019 and still is one of the fastest devices around. Also best is the monthly software updates which is rare for non Android one devices

Purchased in October 2018 at Optus for $1,499.00.

Software
Hi Supra, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying your Note9! Your feedback has been much appreciated. If any queries arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Jo Samsung AU

Great phone

I love this phone. When I hot it it seemed a.bit big but now when I get used to it I would not change it back. Battery last for so long and this was so surprising! Highly recommend!

Purchased in April 2018.

Pefect phone.

Camera takes much better pics than my wifes Iphone. Good battery life , spen is very handy. Dont like the bixby function and would like to program that button to another use .

Purchased in October 2018.

Fabulous performance

Really love it. Great features, big screen, smooth touch and most magical feature is blue tooth operated stylus pen. Supersede all other products. Dont have to look for someone to click our photos just click it with magical stylus.
Highly recommeded but just little bit over priced :)

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,198.00.

Total Convert to Samsung

I have been a Blackberry user for over a decade (yes Blackberry phones still do exist even in 2019 LOL), mostly due to security for business and battery life and I grudgingly had to change phones, so I chose a Samsung Note 9 - mostly for the pen and the rep that demoed the phone to me showed lots of cool features (that I can't remember how to use - but learning every day)

I love the note taking with the pen, and I love the Android feature of dictating my emails and text messages, as I struggle to use the on screen keyboards.

The battery life was a big concern for me coming from Blackberry, and the fact that the Samsung Note 9 boasted the longest battery life for most Android phone was a good selling point, and it's lived up to this reputation.

Security was another big concern for me due to my work - but the Samsung Knox Platform for Enterprise on Blackberry's Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution won me over. Samsung have embraced the Blackberry security solution to ensure high level of security.

Overall a great phone, it's a little large in size than I would prefer, but I can live with that.

Purchased in December 2018.

Most complete phone yet

Fantastic phone. Great screen, very good battery life, even now after nearly 9 months of use. Camera takes awesome photos in all conditions and is a big step up in every way from the Note 8. I'm very impressed!

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,499.00.