Samsung Galaxy S7

Samsung Galaxy S7

MPNs: 36225309, 36225310, KHSGS732BLK and 5 more

My Samsung S7 Acting Up & Slowing Especially After Last 2 Software Updates.

My mobile phone, a Samsung S7, was purchased in April 2016. It is about to enter its 4th year of service. Yes, I know there is a current S10 model with a new S11 probably around the corner.

Up until the last 2 software (Marshmellow version) updates, my phone was working generally alright (I had an issue with losing all my photos and videos on my phone in Dec 2017; I cannot open the pdf file of my statement on an app since about April 2018 and the internet can be a tad slow or hang when I want to goggle something.) As I do not need the latest, greatest, brightest, all the bells and whistles, gee whizz mobile phone, I lived with it.

Now after the last 2 system software updates, the performance of my phone has taken a bit of a nosedive. On top of my existing issues, I find my phone slower; to open some web pages cannot be done at all now and can time out. Opening email has also slowed. In addition, I used to get a symbol on my phone and message app on the homepage of missed calls and unread messages; now that feature has vanished. I now have to actively search and dig around to see if I have missed calls or new messages.

What else will go wrong down the track?

Some of us can recall that Apple admitted to having software that deliberately slowed ones phone over time. This was to force its users to upgrade to a more expensive, latest model. Is this what Samsung is doing with the S7 now? I can't prove it, as I am no software expert, but companies like mobile phone designers do have that form. Welcome to the World of Built-In Obsolescence which just sucks.

I moved from Apple as my 3GS slowed down to such an extent after 6 years, I could not, inter alia, open Fakebook with all its new enhanced feeds, use the internet properly, nor use some apps as they needed the latest operating system. Terrible!

It will be interesting to see how long Samsung will support this Marshmellow software on my S7, apart from having programmes in it to slow my current phone down. Terrible!

Hey there, I’m contacting you today to further discuss your recent review regarding your Samsung Galaxy S7. Would you be able to send us a message and provide your contact details and reference number, so I can pull up your account with us? We would like to look into this further for you. You can also reach out via Facebook- Please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

The camera!

Each Samsung I get is always better then the last. I absolutely love how great the camera is in this phone. I also love the fingerprint access. It's so easy to use.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $250.00.

Software
Thanks for your review Shannon! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy S7. If you have any questions or need us to look into anything, feel free to send us a message. Our best point of contact is through our Facebook page so feel free to send us a PM. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Best Smart phone ever

Reliable, works a dream for the past 3 years ... Definitely going to be a SAMSUNG smart phone user for life.
Camera takes great photos, even at night, messaging/calling/emails/internet access etc - everything works without a hitch, APPS all run smoothly. Easy to do updates / easy to maintain links to my mailboxes, battery lasts a decent stretch, only need to recharge once every 2 days or so despite using youtube / streaming occasionally. Extremely satisfied customer here. this is a workphone so no receipt for it.

Purchased in March 2016.

Durable

The built quality is fabulous. I am totally satisfied with camera it has. Sound is amazing. Good battery life. Pretty good value for money, long lasting. I recommend this product

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $699.00.

Good phone

Bought samsung s7 when it was released.
Good phone, was working quick without any problems for first 2 years.
Then it start working slower, sometimes freezes, battery still good and I'm a hard user.

Purchased in August 2016 for $900.00.

Software

Gets so hot it shuts down, cannot hold it & Samsung deny there is issues, its nothing but a piece of Chit

I have always had a Samsung phone and still have 1 but this S7 is nothing short of dangerous to the point it will or has as been informed caused serious outcomes. My S7 started to overheat last August i reported to where i purchased they asked me to keep an eye on. Every 2nd day it would get so hot that you could not pick it up & even had a silicone cover on it along with a screen protector. Our 3 year old likes to play angry birds on the phone and heard his screams and cries as he experienced 1st hand just how hot it was yet Samsung do not believe there customers / more it is they are clearly aware of the issues and will do everything in there power to make claim they require it for days to test. Well i was advised to take it to a repair centre as this matter was 1 that requires immediate attention more so my screen has cracked in corner from the phone overheating to the point it shuts down and takes 3 days to switch on again, Samsung assistant to the CEO makes claims there pretty certain this cannot happen, however i asked this Monkey he is that can you tell me this 100% its not possible,He could not answer this and his chit he makes up is to cover up the crap Samsung has made. My phone calls quality are bad and i also seem to not hear calls as the phone rings as its on my office table. It does not pick up on my home wi-fi unless i stand next to the router, I have noticed since all this the phone freezes and does its own thing and believe this as i say it i haven't that many apps on my phone, just ones i need. Now this assistant who i asked for there ABN and refuses to give this to me which under legal requirements is illegal not to provide when asked for, but this twit wants me now after i spent the whole day driving to a repair centre only to be jerked around, yet they offered me an edge to barrow in meantime, i stood my ground and said it as was informed bring it to repair centre and will be fixed that day, more another lie from customer care in Philippines. Now this assistant to the CEO who hasn't the nerve to call me himself wants a courier to collect my phone however i get no replacement so my income suffers and in the case my sons day care need to contact me he has zero concerns over that. This afternoon i was placed onto a ex technician who repaired phones for Samsung and after what he advised me and sent it via fax to back it up I would tell all to stay well away from any Samsung device, unless you want to fry with it, that is not my issue but those who want to use these crappy chit handsets I also called other repairers who deal with all makes of phones and they al said the same that they are the worst handsets they have come across 1 senior tech at a high end repair outlet stated he had an S7 with same issues, his words he was on the phone and it got so hot he could not hold the unit no longer. Up until today it has become seriously worse to the point i now hate Samsung and all the Products in our home as they are Samsung but there fate will meet my bat and a friends bobcat soon and will be on U tube for all to watch. And my reason for this is so anyone who has a Samsung handset or other device or product made by Samsung 1st report to ACCC and after the recent royal commission trust me they will take all complainants seriously 2 send me a private msg with details to contact you as i will be taking this issue further, i mean muchhhhhh further, As Samsung need to be held accountable than to rather treat there customers like we are nothings and continue there lies after lie after lie. I have little to zero trust for them now and will rubbish them once i destroy all our Samsung products down to the washer then allow my friends bob cat to finish them off, I am certain you will all see it once friends and others share it even have someone doing a jingle for the occasion as he did for his motor vehicle. Samsung you are Frauds Lier's and your S7 and other handsets should be put under the heading of Lemons Ps people keep away from your children as they are danger .

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $560.00.

Software
well well well now how shifty is Samsung and its agents whom sell these faulty phones, i paid for a brand new Samsung S7 only for it to be confirmed its more a REFURBISHED unit and i am not the only person , most who are having issues stand by as a link will be placed on product review soon so this way all effected buyers who believe they have a brand new phone can confirm its new and not a refurbished trouble handset. If i was a Samsung monitor i would start crapping in your pants, as this is unacceptable as you and your selling agents are simply ripping people off, under Australian consumer laws any refurb item must be declared as a refurb rather than claim its a new handset. The tecs that have made this discovery on my phone and on my behalf will be sending the info to the ACCC along with CAV and fair trading Australia. I gave Samsung 1 chance to fix as promised it would at there Clayton Victoria repair centre on the spot only to be told lies then the assistant brown nose to the C.E.O in Sydney makes assumptions and at the same time tries f...king me around, then insults me that they will not give me a loan handset leaving me to have zero contact with my clients or with my sons daycare in the case of an emergency, yet as apologetic as he made out to be more it is we need your phone to cover our buts and reason i say this is he asked if anyone or any property has been damaged or caused an injury to any person , tells me a lot and if he chooses to deny well i record all my calls and made him clearly aware the call was been recorded. LIES LIES AND MORE LIES ARE COMING OUT ON SHIFTY SAMSUNG. All that have been effected by this please feel free to contact and another way in finding out if you have a refurb is take it to a repairer who have all the codes that will show up if its a refurb and if it is then you have Samsung hook line and sinker as they are the only ones who can refurb a supposedly new phone in a sealed box Class action is looming Samsung if you you think i am joking then once its served on you do not say i did not warn thieves you are putting innocent lives in danger all for $$$$$$ok all this are the instructions to find out if your phone like mine is a refurb , 1st step is go to your dial and punch in *#06# your IMEI including other details should show on the screen, 2nd step is go to settings on your handset find and press about phone, find status then press on IMEI number and if you have limited info then i would start getting peeved off, then 3rd step is go to www.imei info.com and follow the prompts, then you will know if your phone is a refub or not , mine turns out to be a refurb something Samsung does not want customers to know.

Samsung S7 is poor phone and no use with the repairer as well (especially JB Hi-FI)

Actually I was using Samsung mobiles from S4 to S7 (after that I have stopped due to same problem comes up in 2 mobiles). I bought two samsung Galaxy s7 phones and both got screen problems. JB HI Fi has sent to repairer they are charged 200$ first time then after 4 months got the same issue now they are asking 220$ to fix it. It's ridiculous and Samsung customer service team also doing nothing. Please don't buy samsung mobile phones..... I bought one phone from good guys, when I got the issue with the screen Good Guys has sent to repairer and they fixed without any charge.

I don't understand how Samsung Australia will deal with different companies in different way because same problem comes up in two phones one phone they fixed without charge (Good Guys) second phone (JB HI-FI) two times they are asking me to pay money to fix the issue even the issue fixed by the repairer still asking money to fix it.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Software
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through? Jo Samsung AU

Good reliable phone

Camera great in day, not so in evening
Battery doesn't last as long as what id like.
Great size phone user friendly easy to operate and handle. Nice clear screen and fast processor.
Overall very happy with this phone. Love the features and compact slim design. Would buy another Samsung phone.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great phone

Great phone will always buy a Samsung! Easy to use.

Camera quality is great, I'm sure they will always get better with each model.

Everything runs smoothly.

I use my phone for calls, messages, banking and browsing the net.

THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE IT PERFECT IS IF THEY MADE IT SO THE PHONES DON'T BREAK EASY.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

A Great Little Phone

I have had a lot of problems with cell phones from other makers but I keep on coming back to Samsung because the phone keep on working. The camera is good and the apps still run smoothly. Sometimes it takes a little longer than it should to load but that is because i have over loaded the phone with junk.

I am very happy with phone and still have faith in this brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Owned the Samsung s7 for 2 weeks brought e cover and screen protector now my phone is leaking purple

Haven’t got a chance to upload apps or take photos because the phone started to leak purple patches all over a brand new phone. It’s very upsetting I work hard for my money and needed a phone for my work now I’m $500 down would not recommend this phone to anyone .

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Tracy, I'm sorry to hear that, if you visit a service centre you will be able to get your device repaired for physical damage and our techs will be able to replace the LCD for you. Please make a booking via: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/#/ Pete Samsung Australia

Love it

I definitely can’t live without it! It got a big screen which is perfect to watch a movie at night and all the apps run smoothly and quick!
The camera is really high in quality, it’s even better than the iphone i used to use!
I also like how it can show all the app in the homescreen and there’s a lot of way to manage apps from homescreen which is much more convenient

I bought it with a discount so the samsung phone is definitely worth it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG MOBILE PHONE

The battery gets really really really hot & phone shuts down, also battery does not hold it's charge for long. The phone gets so hot it can't be doing my head any good & at times I have had to end phone calls because my phone is so hot.
I have always had Samsung phones since my first phone a Nokia, but it seems Samsung these days does not care about the quality just the profit. Every one of my samsung phones seems to get worse on quality & performance - i have had enough - no more Samsung for me & i urge everyone else out there not to get sucked into the samsung publicity - it is all false.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you feel this way. We suggest heading into your nearest Samsung service centre, so that our technicians can assess you device as you may need a new battery for your S7. Here is a link to book: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/#/ Pete Samsung Australia

Not worth the price

Samsung S7 is a nice phone but its not perfect. Phone charger gone bad after few months. Earphone died just after two months. Two more earphones bought died in 2-3 months time. I think charger and earphone supplied with this phone and galaxy S6 are of very poor quality. My wife has Galaxy S6. I am now using HTC earphones and HTC charger for both these phones. Also they advertise it (S7) to be waterproof phone but still submersion in water for few minutes made it to stop charging for 8 months. After 8 months probably charging port dried and it started to charge again. Now phone's notes (memos) suddenly gone away without trace. All notes saved for last two years all gone. I always been loyal samsung customer from Galaxy S1 to S7 but not anymore. I will never buy Samsung mobile in future.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Good phone, very happy with it

Camera quality has been great in a variety of context, and so far the phone has held up in family with two small children well. It's almost 18 mo old now, and I still couldn't fault it. Even after all this time, it's still running smoothly and have had no issues with battery drain or the phone getting slower.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Why the Samsung S7 phone is my choice.

While all my family own iPhones I decided on the Samsung. Why? Because you can add extra memory via an SD card which can add upto 128 GB or more for a reasonable price. My battery lasts me all day . The camera takes excellent photos in all lights and there are thousands of apps to suit all tastes. I don't bother with a landline at home. My S7 does it all.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Thank you for sharing this with us, it made our day here at Samsung. It's great to have you a part of the Samsung family! - VickyThank you.

Love the S7 Samsung

Picture quality is the best of any phone ive had, photos are unbelievable quality. Very good at night.
Using the internet is fast, no waiting around.
Every app ive installed works smoothly.
Plenty of space for apps, music & other.
Best phone ive ever had... Cant live without it, its my life.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Mandy, thank you for sharing your review with us. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we’re so thrilled to hear you love the Galaxy S7. - Vicky

Great phone, love it!

Bought this one on special as it is a bit older now. It is a bit clunky sometimes, especially when trying to open messenger on facebook. Other than that, it is a great phone with a very long lasting battery. I think it is enough to last the day, which is always a perk!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Nina, thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Galaxy S7. We'd love to take a look at what could be happening with your messenger app, have you tried uninstalling then re-installing? - Vicky

Read reviews. Not buying one!!!!

I read enough reviews to convince me NOT to buy one. Unfortunate as I've had Samsungs since the S2...……NO MORE TO SAY Better lift your game if you want to compete with CRapple. My S6 suffered the "Update traumas so looking to update but maybe time to change brands. Good luck!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Sorry that you feel that way Jim, our new Galaxy flagship devices have topped reviews and the Note 9 is considered one of the best phones on the market right now, check it out! Philip Samsung AustraliaThanks but S9 is way out of my budgetThat's okay, we offer interest free finance plans too https://www.samsung.com/au/finance You can also find a great deal with your service provider.

Was good....updates ruining it.

The samsung galaxy7 USED to be a good phone but with samsung and their crap-filled 'updates' doing nothing but interferring with the mechanics etc, the phone is now nowhere near as good as it once was.
Updates ruined my s g5 and my s g7 seems to be going the same way.
If they can't get their 'updates' right, they should remove them.
I've no longer got fast-charge -update took it!!
Can't email items out!! Just two problems now experiencing with phone, both verified by samsung 16th November, 2018 as due to updates.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
That doesn't seem right! This seems like something our techs can assist you with, if you head into your nearest service centre our techs will be able to assist you. If you click on the below links, you can locate your nearest service centre: Book an appointment here: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Don't have time to visit or can't get to one of our Service Locations? You also have the option to drop it off at your local Australia Post office: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m Jazz Samsung AustraliaHi Jazz. Techs have looked at my phone poking with settings etc, and i also spent over an hour on a live chat last week. I am not the only one who has had this problem after updates. Two family members have had the same thing happen since applying updates and there are forums full of people trying to find out how to solve the issue. Another problem with this phone is that the owner / user is unable to transfer memos / notes out to a suitable platform that allows the memos to be stored, opened and read when required. Before the updates, i was able to email them out (one by one) but now, IF they are sent out, they are sent as attachments and are unable to be opened. Most times they will not email out though. I now have many memos taking up space on the phone and no way to transfer them to a pc or usb for future reference ; and no-one seems to be able to assist in this matter. Samsung support and technicians have told me different things, none of which are helpful. Whether the problems of this phone (caused by the updates) seem wrong to you or not, Jazz, i can assure you that they are very real and a problem being faced by many more than myself. They were not present until updates were downloaded. Check out the forums.Another problem i now have with my phone since the second last update is battery life. It is now lucky to last five (5) hours! I doubt this is a coincidence as many others have noticed this as well. I'd love to buy another battery but am told by samsung that because it is an in-built battery, my phone has to go to a service centre for however long it takes to check and replace it. After the many problems with the "check and repair" i experienced with my s5, and the constant replacements with faulty refurbished phones, i am very, very hesitant to leave my phone in the hands of anyone where i cannot witness what is being done. I'd actually prefer to just get another phone rather than go through those months of stress and frustration again.