Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8

MPNs: KHSGS864BLK, KHSGS864GRY and KHSGS864SIL

Great phone, recommend to anyone.

I have had this phone for just under a year and i love it. Very easy to use and never had any glitches. Plus the curved screen makes big difference when watching movies. The camera is amazing, very clear photos.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $899.00.

KathSamsung

Fantastic to hear you are loving your Samsung S8, Kristingillian. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the team. Should you have any further enquiries, don't hesitate to send us a private message!

Kath

fried chicken

fried chickenACT

This phone is great, in pretty much every way

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for $390.00.

Miranda P.

Miranda P.

Easy to use and works great!

I have had iPhones for years and I've recently tried Samsung and it has so much more and better features than iPhone did for a much better price. It's easy to use. It has Bixby voice and Google voice for easy searching and quick access to the phones apps. I highly recommend this phone to every one. Even to the iPhone lovers try this Samsung and I promise you'll love it!

Purchased in September 2019.

KathSamsung

Great to hear that you are currently enjoying your Samsung S8, Miranda. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Should you have any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to send us a message, so that we can further assist you.

Kath

Gurto

GurtoMid North Coast, NSW

Crap Smart phone

This seriously is the worst phone I've ever bought. I've had problems with it since day 1. Rings people randomly, worst phone ever! CRAP! CRAP CRAP. This isn't a Smart phone, it's a Dumb phone!

Purchased in November 2017 at Optus for $999.00.

KathSamsung

Mine must be the only lemon out there

Where do I start. My initial purchase from Vodafone saw me need to replace the phone within 8 months due to severe pixel burn.
4 months later the same thing occurred resulting in the phone needing refurbishment.
After a system update some animations stopped working. The mysteriously started working after a recent update went through.
Today the GPS would not function. Spent over an hour on the phone with Samsung culminating in a factory default reset, but it now needs to be sent away for evaluation.
Rubbish phone, (mine anyway) that will see me move to iPhone.

Purchased in April 2018 at Vodafone.

Jacrisp

JacrispIllawarra, NSW

Great phone with great features

Purchased in July 2018 at Optus.

Aaron

AaronPerth, WA

Big improvement over the last model

Well worth the upgrade from the S7 in my opinion. The hardware and features of the S9 weren't enough to convince me to fork out the extra money but I'm very happy with the S8. Speakers and screen in particular are much better. Battery life is fairly average.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kogan.com for $619.00.

AmyY

AmyYSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this phone

I have had this phone for over 2 years and it is still amazing,. The battery life is really great, screen quality is perfect. I would highly recommend this phone

Purchased in September 2017.

JohnGippsland, VIC

As good as the S10 without the price tag

The S8 is a great sized phone which is fully featured and is still receiving updates from Samsung. Mine is now running Android 9 (Pie) using a Pixel 4 Skin. Battery life is a full day, takes great low light pictures with the Pie software upgrades.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $780.00.

Coco

CocoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I actually can't live without

I use to think that apple iphones were the way to go, all my life, everyone I knew had them. Went out on a limb and tried this and OMG I'm so glad I did it is sooo much more fun and has way more to offer than iphones. Love everything about mine! Family and friends can't believe the photos it takes!

Purchased in February 2017 at Vodafone for $1,600.00.

sugardumpling_90

sugardumpling_90Sydney, NSW

Great Smart Phone, does its job

I've had this phone for more than 2 years and it's still pretty good. The apps run smoothly on my phone, it's not lagging, still running pretty fast. I use my phone everyday for work, social medias, taking pics and etc. I dropped my phone a few months ago and the screen broke. I haven't replaced the screen because it's very expensive (around $300) and I just don't think it's worth it to pay that much for it. I could add a bit more money and get a new phone. So if you decide to get it, be careful with the screen, get a good mobile phone case.

Purchased in September 2017 at eBay for $775.00.

vas

vasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great phone. Works smooth with no screen delay. Battery lasts 2 days with average use and excellent photos. Recommended

Great phone. Works smooth with no screen delay. Battery lasts 2 days with average use and excellent photos. Hard screen had been dropped and not broken like other phones. Highly recommended.

Gavin L

Gavin LSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Phone!

The Samsung S8 has to be one of the best phones i have ever used. Runs smoothly and has never let me down for the past 2 years. Apps run smoothly and phone is very durable and has never cracked

Natalie F.

Natalie F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Phone

I've had this phone for 2 years now. I'm out of contract and i have no interest in upgrading as I'm happy with how it runs and the quality of camera. I have a cracked screen which I did not long ago but until it shatters I will be keeping it. I use the phone for social media mainly and I always enjoy the quality of the screen when looking at professional photos on Instagram.

Purchased in June 2017.

BumbleBee

BumbleBeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great phone but screen cracks too easily

Purchased in July 2017 at eBay for $935.00.

Helen B

Helen BHunter Region, NSW

Very smart

Quicker when sending messages, easy to make phone calls and easy for hands free. Takes nice photos and easy to download across to computer. Easy to operate even kids can.

Richard SMITH

Richard SMITHPerth, WA

Great product.

Was advised to try several different phones and models but this was by far the easiest to use. Works perfectly. The menu and keyboard are larger to see a large screen is a bonus.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $295.00.

Anna

AnnaFar North Queensland, QLD

Still working

The rear camera of S8 is good. The front camera is a no for me as it looks edited even without using filters. Night time makes it hard to use the camera as well. But it takes a decent photos at day time. I've been using S8 since 2017. I have a good case so its still intact even after multiple drops. I mostly use it for my social media accounts, play games and watch movies. It used to be fast, but I've noticed that the performance slowed down this past couple of months. I still enjoy using it, though.

Purchased in September 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,299.00.

Patty

PattyPerth, WA

Great phone

The camera is Fantastic awesome quality photos and so easy too use. I was an I phone user but won't go back I'm converted - Samsung is so much more versatile.

Purchased in October 2018 at On line for $650.00.

Tuija

TuijaPerth, WA

Love the functionality of the S8. Great phone with plenty of storage and memory.

I've had this phone for about a year now and couldn't be any happier. It is a stylish look and a great size. I take a lot of photos and videos and am getting awesome quality pictures 12MP. Battery life is great, with everyday use with calls and photos and googling, I get at least 4 days use before having to recharge. I also send a lot of emails and find attaching photos to them is easier than any other phone I've had. Hesitant to upgrade as I can't fault this phone.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $600.00.

Cilititz

Cilititzasked

I want to replace the screen of my samsung s8 how much will it cost. Any help?

John

I had mine replaced by Samsung to keep the warrantee and waterproof it cost AUD$245

JoanneSamsung

Hi, we have provided a link below with further information on the price of a screen replacement for your device. We hope this helps.

Jo

FrozzSkoda

FrozzSkodaasked

what's the best Samsung Galaxy S8 Guide or first time smart phone owners?

Cliffoasked

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.

Brett Leete
Brett Leete

I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont know

Cliffo

Thanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliff

ptiva
ptiva

Google voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving.
Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek).
Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives