Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8

MPNs: KHSGS864BLK, KHSGS864GRY and KHSGS864SIL

Coco

CocoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I actually can't live without

I use to think that apple iphones were the way to go, all my life, everyone I knew had them. Went out on a limb and tried this and OMG I'm so glad I did it is sooo much more fun and has way more to offer than iphones. Love everything about mine! Family and friends can't believe the photos it takes!

Purchased in February 2017 at Vodafone for $1,600.00.

sugardumpling_90

sugardumpling_90Sydney, NSW

Great Smart Phone, does its job

I've had this phone for more than 2 years and it's still pretty good. The apps run smoothly on my phone, it's not lagging, still running pretty fast. I use my phone everyday for work, social medias, taking pics and etc. I dropped my phone a few months ago and the screen broke. I haven't replaced the screen because it's very expensive (around $300) and I just don't think it's worth it to pay that much for it. I could add a bit more money and get a new phone. So if you decide to get it, be careful with the screen, get a good mobile phone case.

Purchased in September 2017 at eBay for $775.00.

vas

vasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great phone. Works smooth with no screen delay. Battery lasts 2 days with average use and excellent photos. Recommended

Great phone. Works smooth with no screen delay. Battery lasts 2 days with average use and excellent photos. Hard screen had been dropped and not broken like other phones. Highly recommended.

Gavin L

Gavin LSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Phone!

The Samsung S8 has to be one of the best phones i have ever used. Runs smoothly and has never let me down for the past 2 years. Apps run smoothly and phone is very durable and has never cracked

Natalie F.

Natalie F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Phone

I've had this phone for 2 years now. I'm out of contract and i have no interest in upgrading as I'm happy with how it runs and the quality of camera. I have a cracked screen which I did not long ago but until it shatters I will be keeping it. I use the phone for social media mainly and I always enjoy the quality of the screen when looking at professional photos on Instagram.

Purchased in June 2017.

BumbleBee

BumbleBeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great phone but screen cracks too easily

Purchased in July 2017 at eBay for $935.00.

Helen B

Helen BHunter Region, NSW

Very smart

Quicker when sending messages, easy to make phone calls and easy for hands free. Takes nice photos and easy to download across to computer. Easy to operate even kids can.

Richard SMITH

Richard SMITHPerth, WA

Great product.

Was advised to try several different phones and models but this was by far the easiest to use. Works perfectly. The menu and keyboard are larger to see a large screen is a bonus.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $295.00.

Anna

AnnaFar North Queensland, QLD

Still working

The rear camera of S8 is good. The front camera is a no for me as it looks edited even without using filters. Night time makes it hard to use the camera as well. But it takes a decent photos at day time. I've been using S8 since 2017. I have a good case so its still intact even after multiple drops. I mostly use it for my social media accounts, play games and watch movies. It used to be fast, but I've noticed that the performance slowed down this past couple of months. I still enjoy using it, though.

Purchased in September 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,299.00.

Patty

PattyPerth, WA

Great phone

The camera is Fantastic awesome quality photos and so easy too use. I was an I phone user but won't go back I'm converted - Samsung is so much more versatile.

Purchased in October 2018 at On line for $650.00.

Tuija

TuijaPerth, WA

Love the functionality of the S8. Great phone with plenty of storage and memory.

I've had this phone for about a year now and couldn't be any happier. It is a stylish look and a great size. I take a lot of photos and videos and am getting awesome quality pictures 12MP. Battery life is great, with everyday use with calls and photos and googling, I get at least 4 days use before having to recharge. I also send a lot of emails and find attaching photos to them is easier than any other phone I've had. Hesitant to upgrade as I can't fault this phone.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $600.00.

darren s.

darren s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slowing down

Used to be really a good phone when i bought is but now i have reasons to think that this phone is slowing down since the last update , i have two phones and they both are the same , Samsung is doing this deliberately to gain more sales SO disappointing

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $1,200.00.

Dania L.

Dania L.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Perfect

This phone is amazing really easy to use and very tough. Grate battery life and can run all apps and games perfectly over all very happy with this phone and more than happy to recommend to anyone

Purchased at Cex Physical store for $500.00.

JoanneSamsung

Hey Dania, we're happy to hear that the you've treated yourself right with the S8! If you need any assistance with setting up your device, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Rachael

RachaelWimmera, VIC

Samsung S8

The Samsung S8 is a beautiful looking phone , the size is a brilliant size in that it's not too big or too small , it fits snug into my jeans pocket , and is a wonderful size to watch movies without too much effort

Purchased in October 2018 at optus for $1,200.00.

JoanneSamsung

Hi Rachael, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying your S8! If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Camera, Fast snappy phone hard to see a reason to upgrade

One of the best camera phones I've used everyone always comments how great the shots are, I noticed a big speed increase from the S7, plus it recently got updated to Android V9 64gb storage is plenty for me

Purchased in October 2018 for $499.00.

Dayana

Dayana

love this!

I absolutely love this phone! for so long I've only had nothing but iPhone, they were constantly dying chargers break easily! you can't replace the battery and to top it off no memory card! I would constantly have to purchase one with extra memory which cost me more!.
The thing I love about Samsung is it has everything an i phone doesn't! ill never go back!

JoanneSamsung

Thanks for joining the Samsung fam, Dayana! We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your new S8. If you require any assistance with setting up your device, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Raman

RamanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best and easy to use

Highest quality photos. Easy to carry.Easy to navigate. Easy to download apps. Better than iphone.
Apps make life so much easier. No need to open laptop.
Samsung is the best. Highly recommended.

Purchased in May 2017 at Doncaster for $800.00.

Sonja

SonjaSydney, NSW

Poor battery life is a real let down - otherwise terrific phone

Camera quality is fabulous (even at night). Has lots of data space for apps and photo/video storage, which I love. If new apps fail to work immediately, I uninstall them and install them again and then I dont have any problems. Quick connection to WI-FI is terrific. Brightness of display is good. The ONLY let down for me is poor battery life, from 100% to 0% in 8 hours.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $499.00.

Mendo V.

Mendo V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Should be a bit better.

I have gone from iPhone to android each 2 years and this time thought I chose the best Android. It hasn't impressed me after a year with its speed. It also crashes if I try to Bluetooth inside a store. I felt it get superseded within the first 6 months. I will go back to Motorola.

Purchased in March 2018 at Optus.

JoanneSamsung

We greatly appreciate the feedback provided, Mendo. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

02ekzza

02ekzza

Can't live without the phone

Camera is great. Battery is very long lasting. I have always loved the Samsung devices. They are reasonable with the upgrades. And being connected with Optus the plans were always pretty good.

Purchased in February 2017 at optus for $589.00.

FrozzSkoda

FrozzSkodaasked

what's the best Samsung Galaxy S8 Guide or first time smart phone owners?

Cliffoasked

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.

Brett Leete
Brett Leete

I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont know

Cliffo

Thanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliff

ptiva
ptiva

Google voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving.
Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek).
Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $799
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging Port USB-C
Operating SystemAndroid
Display
Pixel Density570 ppi
Screen Size 5.8"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Display TechnologyAMOLED
Camera
Max Video Resolution 2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Front Camera(s)8MP Wide