Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8

MPNs: KHSGS864BLK, KHSGS864GRY and KHSGS864SIL

Very solid phone and meets all ur needs

This model of phone is great a upgrade from last model. Battery saving options seem work and processor seems a lot quicker and chargers at better rate. Over all as each model has improvements its enough would recommend skipping every second model.

Purchased in September 2017 for $799.00.

Software

Super Hnady nad does what we need

We bought this product for our car to provide maps etc for camping, it is brilliant and does exactly what we need it to do.
would purchase another one when required

Purchased in May 2019 at Tobys Deals for $220.00.

Software
This is what we like to hear! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy S8 and thank you for leaving your positive feedback Malissa :) If you have any questions, you can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Purchase this because it is cheap. The camera was better than expected.
At first, the battery can last for 3 days, but now, I have to charge at least once a day. Not sure if there's any difference between local and import quality.

Purchased in April 2019 at Toby Deals for $485.00.

Software
We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy S8 and thank you for leaving your positive feedback. It appears that you have an international model variant, international models differ in both the software and hardware between various regions. If you have any issues with the device, you would have to get in contact with the retailer or Samsung from the country of origin for assistance as Samsung AU are unable to service international models. If you have any questions, you can reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Disappointing for the price

For the first few months this phone amazed me. It was quick, very responsive and lasted all day with heavy use on one single charge. However this was short lived, I had to replaced the battery and it became very slow. My phone also had a small fault when sometime the focus of the back camera would fail to function. You can get a phone if equal quality for much less so simply save that money and look for a cheaper phone with the same specs from a smaller company without the brand name

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,500.00.

Software
I’m really sorry to hear we didn’t meet your expectations with your Samsung Galaxy S8. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us. You can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

All Rounder on the go...

Purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 to replace an old S5 model. No complaints. Great screen and processor and adequate battery life. Good for streaming movies too on the go. 64GB built in storage space was also a great improvement from previous 32GB.

Purchased in June 2018 for $988.00.

Amazing phone

Camera quality is great during the day and still good at night as long as you know the right settings. very durable and not worry too much when I would occasionally drop it by accident Apps run smoothly and battery lasts a long time.

Purchased in February 2018.

Software

Solid phone that will last you for years to come!

The last Samsung phone I used was the Note 2 and then I started trying out a bunch of different brands. After many years, I returned back to Samsung and it was one of the best decisions I have made. Over the years, Samsung have continually innovated on their products trying to bring the BEST to their customers.

S8 has a solid camera (front camera is a bit fake though), good size (easy to hold on one hand or have small hands in general), barely any lag, and beautiful to look at.

The downsides would be the battery is not the best. With Note 7 exploding, Samsung around that time was more conservative with their battery decisions. It could have been engineered with a slightly larger battery. It does last me through the day if I charge during work hours, but it would be nice if it was just a bit better.

The curved edges are beautiful, but it is VERY hard to find a good screen protector. As a result, I haven't used one since my second month. After almost 1 year and a half of use, it does have some fine scratches on the screen which is painful to see, but hard to notice.

Purchased in January 2018.

Software

Great reliable android phone system

Curvy screen can be a problem for tempered glass to stick on. Great camera with good autofocus and low image noise in low light condition. Durable built and ergonomic buttons placements.

Purchased in January 2018 for $599.00.

Excellant features, large screen

I used samsung s5,s7, s7 edge but s8 features are really good. Camera is just best even on night.
I Bought s8 on last year and so happy with everything. Display and Brightness is good.
Yes because of good ram

Purchased in March 2018 at Samsung Online store for $1,120.00.

Software

Great phone with large screen

The camera quality is great and adequate for daily photos. I love the screen without edge and the size of S8 is just big enough for me to hold with one hand. The apps run on android smoothly and I have had no issues with it for last 18 months.

Purchased in December 2017.

My second galaxy phone

I had s7 edge prior to buying s8 on a contract. Personally android platform works better than ios for me so that’s the reason I bought my S8.
I think the look is pretty nice since it has thinner bezel but nowdays there are lots of new phones with no bezel so I think it’s starting to get look outdated.
The camera is acceptable but not great. I find pictures taken by S8 (or any other Samsung phones) are too sharp and has that Samsung colour which I’m not really fond of.
However, the phone is still snappy considering it’s nearly 2 years I’ve been using it.
I fixed my screen twice and I got charged $220 in 2018 and $250 in 2019 (price raised..) at Samsung store. The good thing is they replace the battery with the screen free of charge. For the second visit, I went to Melbourne Central Samsung store and they fixed it on the same day which was a bonus.

Purchased in November 2019 at Telstra.

Software

This is a perfect phone.

I have the Samsung galaxy S8 plus. This is one of the best phones I have ever owned. The camera is excellent, video recording is just great, has excellent speaker.

Purchased in May 2017 at Vodafone for $1,300.00.

perfect android cell phone

i love my galaxy phone. perfect camera resolution. nice design and quality. from the moment i have bought this phone i enjoyed working with it. its size is perfect for gaming and watching videos.

Purchased in April 2017.

Great phone

Despite the fact this is no longer the latest offering it has great features, up to date software updates, a great camera and is a phone I would highly recommend to anyone reading this!!

Purchased in November 2017.

Great phone

Very durable phone! Camera compares with any top of the range phones!! Good selfie camera snd love the slow mo option! Great storage space! Easy to use and a great variety of apps that you can download!

Purchased in April 2017.

Perfect & easy phone

Low radiation. Quick Charging. User friendly. No issues since 15 months.
Good resolution & decent storage capacity. Good camera. Good size & easy to handle and carry.
Better than I phone 8. Thank you Samsung!!!

Purchased in January 2018.

Software

Great phone with awesome battery

Its a great phone.
I have using it for past 2 years and I shattered my phone back glass. despite of the I would recommend this phone everyone.
Just got it for my father and he loved it too.

Purchased in September 2017 for $699.00.

Expensive screen replacement

I have had this phone for over a year now and i am generally happy with it. I love the quality of the pictures and videos. They seem to be better than my wife's iphone x. I also like that it can fit comfortably in my pocket and i can use it with one hand. I also like using the heart rate monitor

What i dont like about it is that i seemed to have slowed down a tiny bit after updating the firmware. I will never update firmware again. I also dont like how the facial recognition does not work as well as the iphone x. I also hate the bixby botton. I dont use it and i always accidentally press it. It is very annoying. What i hate the most is the cost of replacing the cracked screen. The cost is practically the same as getting another phone.

Purchased in February 2018.

Broke in 3 days

Dropped from a coushined seat onto a plastic surface. Cracked phone already. They say that the phones "gorilla glass 5" wouldn't crack from 160cm yet it cracks from 40cm. The phone itself works fine.

Purchased in May 2019.

Samsung S8 review

Screen is nice and big and the colours are great. I like the camera and the photo quality is good. Things run well on my phone but since the upgrades in April 2019 it's a bit glitchy with my apps

Purchased in December 2018 at Ebay for $500.00.

Software

what's the best Samsung Galaxy S8 Guide or first time smart phone owners?
Hi there In my opinion it’s best to get an Iphone Samsung are easily hacked and crash a lot JPit'd be best if you weren't a tosserYou asked a question, and I gave an answer, you obviously are a total looser, If I am a tosser, you must be the idiot. Cheers

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.
I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont knowThanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliffGoogle voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving. Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek). Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Galaxy S8
Price (RRP) $799
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging Port USB-C
Operating SystemAndroid
Display
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Display TechnologyAMOLED
Pixel Density570 ppi
Screen Size 5.8"
Camera
Max Video Resolution 2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Front Camera(s)8MP Wide