Samsung Galaxy S8

• Camera Quality
  • Hardware

MadjaspaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Software updates Samsung Galaxy s8

Every time there is an update it stuffs my phone. Most recent update is not allowing me to attach pictures to my gmail. The phone just stops! Samsung can't be contacted.

Purchased at Kogan SmarterHome 10W Ambient Smart Bulb for A$800.00.

Madjaspa

This does not take me to your page!

AdaSamsung
Kade

KadePerth, WA

Great Phone

Great phone that can accept a memory card
Can play whatever I want and not get issues with media players
Good with home automation
Good range of apps to choose from
Great battery and charging times

Purchased in May 2017 at telstra.

chen q.

chen q.

Good basic phone to use

Good camera love natural shoot from it.

Battery is not good after two years . Terrible but u already make good use for at leaset two year.

Broken screen - cost $300 to fix. While the cost of purchase new phone now is $450. So keep the phone protected with $10 case.

On the other hand. When they change the screen, battery is with it so new battery.

Get hot sometimes but ok

Purchased in October 2018 for A$800.00.

Jared

JaredDarling Downs, QLD

Best phone Ive had.

Wife loves it and refuses to upgrade. Durable and tough, she's dropped it numerous times from height and thrown it at me a few times too haha. Easy to use, great functions, great picture quality - camera and video, great sound. Battery life is fantastic and charges fast.
Only negative was last update that made it more like my galaxy 10. Was unimpressed it changed the phones display from what she'd become accustomed to.
MAJOR NEGATIVE, not being able to uninstall certain apps. Its wrong to force unwanted apps onto peoples phones especially untrustworthy ones that are known for privacy breaches. Very unsettling.

Purchased at Optus.

Joel

Joel

Best phone I've owned

Purchased in January 2018.

June Williams

June WilliamsMid North Coast, NSW

Sensors fail - Google it, common issue.

All sensors on my phone fail. Google this issue and you will see it's quite common with the S8. Proximity sensor, GPS, auto rotate, fingerprint sensor.

Really disappointed in Samsung. Have been using their phones for 10 years but will not purchase again. I cannot use my phone's navigation, when I talk on the phone I'm constantly putting people on hold with my ear or opening apps or hanging up on people or turning the torch on as the screen doesn't turn off due to sensor not working.

Purchased in January 2018 at Telstra Coffs Harbour.

MickSamsung
MARA

MARASydney, NSW

Great phone

I've had the phone for over 2 years, it's working very well. The size is very convenient and the camera is pretty good. It is easy to use. I did break the screen unfortunately but was able to get it fixed via Samsung as they were the cheapest and quickest.
Highly recommend it.

Purchased in November 2017 at Samsung for A$909.00.

KathSamsung

Great phone, recommend to anyone.

I have had this phone for just under a year and i love it. Very easy to use and never had any glitches. Plus the curved screen makes big difference when watching movies. The camera is amazing, very clear photos.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$899.00.

KathSamsung

Fantastic to hear you are loving your Samsung S8, Kristingillian. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the team. Should you have any further enquiries, don't hesitate to send us a private message!

Kath

fried chicken

fried chickenACT

This phone is great, in pretty much every way

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for A$390.00.

Miranda P.

Miranda P.

Easy to use and works great!

I have had iPhones for years and I've recently tried Samsung and it has so much more and better features than iPhone did for a much better price. It's easy to use. It has Bixby voice and Google voice for easy searching and quick access to the phones apps. I highly recommend this phone to every one. Even to the iPhone lovers try this Samsung and I promise you'll love it!

Purchased in September 2019.

KathSamsung

Great to hear that you are currently enjoying your Samsung S8, Miranda. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Should you have any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to send us a message, so that we can further assist you.

Kath

Gurto

GurtoMid North Coast, NSW

Crap Smart phone

This seriously is the worst phone I've ever bought. I've had problems with it since day 1. Rings people randomly, worst phone ever! CRAP! CRAP CRAP. This isn't a Smart phone, it's a Dumb phone!

Purchased in November 2017 at Optus for A$999.00.

KathSamsung

Mine must be the only lemon out there

Where do I start. My initial purchase from Vodafone saw me need to replace the phone within 8 months due to severe pixel burn.
4 months later the same thing occurred resulting in the phone needing refurbishment.
After a system update some animations stopped working. The mysteriously started working after a recent update went through.
Today the GPS would not function. Spent over an hour on the phone with Samsung culminating in a factory default reset, but it now needs to be sent away for evaluation.
Rubbish phone, (mine anyway) that will see me move to iPhone.

Purchased in April 2018 at Vodafone.

Jacrisp

JacrispIllawarra, NSW

Great phone with great features

Purchased in July 2018 at Optus.

Aaron

AaronPerth, WA

Big improvement over the last model

Well worth the upgrade from the S7 in my opinion. The hardware and features of the S9 weren't enough to convince me to fork out the extra money but I'm very happy with the S8. Speakers and screen in particular are much better. Battery life is fairly average.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kogan.com for A$619.00.

AmyY

AmyYSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this phone

I have had this phone for over 2 years and it is still amazing,. The battery life is really great, screen quality is perfect. I would highly recommend this phone

Purchased in September 2017.

JohnGippsland, VIC

As good as the S10 without the price tag

The S8 is a great sized phone which is fully featured and is still receiving updates from Samsung. Mine is now running Android 9 (Pie) using a Pixel 4 Skin. Battery life is a full day, takes great low light pictures with the Pie software upgrades.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$780.00.

Coco

CocoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I actually can't live without

I use to think that apple iphones were the way to go, all my life, everyone I knew had them. Went out on a limb and tried this and OMG I'm so glad I did it is sooo much more fun and has way more to offer than iphones. Love everything about mine! Family and friends can't believe the photos it takes!

Purchased in February 2017 at Vodafone for A$1,600.00.

sugardumpling_90

sugardumpling_90Sydney, NSW

Great Smart Phone, does its job

I've had this phone for more than 2 years and it's still pretty good. The apps run smoothly on my phone, it's not lagging, still running pretty fast. I use my phone everyday for work, social medias, taking pics and etc. I dropped my phone a few months ago and the screen broke. I haven't replaced the screen because it's very expensive (around $300) and I just don't think it's worth it to pay that much for it. I could add a bit more money and get a new phone. So if you decide to get it, be careful with the screen, get a good mobile phone case.

Purchased in September 2017 at eBay for A$775.00.

vas

vasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great phone. Works smooth with no screen delay. Battery lasts 2 days with average use and excellent photos. Recommended

Great phone. Works smooth with no screen delay. Battery lasts 2 days with average use and excellent photos. Hard screen had been dropped and not broken like other phones. Highly recommended.

Gavin L

Gavin LSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Phone!

The Samsung S8 has to be one of the best phones i have ever used. Runs smoothly and has never let me down for the past 2 years. Apps run smoothly and phone is very durable and has never cracked

Cilititz

Cilititzasked

I want to replace the screen of my samsung s8 how much will it cost. Any help?

John

I had mine replaced by Samsung to keep the warrantee and waterproof it cost AUD$245

AdaSamsung

Hi, we have provided a link below with further information on the price of a screen replacement for your device. We hope this helps.

Jo

FrozzSkoda

FrozzSkodaasked

what's the best Samsung Galaxy S8 Guide or first time smart phone owners?

Cliffoasked

Anyone having problems with "OK Google" voice recognition? I have not been able to get this working on my phone since I took it out of the box. There are huge numbers of people on the internet complaining about similar issues - "OK Google" not accepting your voice training, or, if it does, will only run your commands spasmodically, (if you can get it to accept the OK Google command at all, that is). Very frustrating for an Uber driver who really needs accurate voice control to keep the cops off my back while I am driving. Soft reset, app removal and reinstall have no effect.

Brett Leete
Brett Leete

I dont seem to have a problem. Just gave it another test run then. May depend on whether your commands are shoirt and sweet or drawn out. Dont know

Cliffo

Thanks Brett. I did a full backup to my pc with Wondershare MobileTrans then a full factory data reset. I then brought the stuff back that I had copied into my PC and reloaded all the apps I needed from scratch rather than importing the old apps. It may have been that there were conflicts in the pile of apps I already had previously. Anyway it is now working absolutely perfectly thanks very much. Regards cliff

ptiva
ptiva

Google voice dial is awefully slow, unreliable. Impossible whilst driving.
Bixby was designed to help with stuff like this better (like Siri) and has many other functions besides (like navigating in a big shopping centre) but you have to hand Samsung access to so much of your privacy to use it optimally. A Samsung centre can open up a whole new world if you don't encounter a D_ckhead (= inept semi-geek).
Don't tell em if you imported the phone. They refused to help me b/c of this.... what would HQ think about those shunning a significant # of customer problems?

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) A$799.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-C
Battery Size3,000 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB
Memory (RAM)4 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide
Front Camera(s)8MP Wide
Release dateApr 2017
ManualDownload manual

• GTIN14: 08806088820255
  • GTIN13: 8806088701875, 8806088704388 and 8806088704555
  • MPN: KHSGS864BLK, KHSGS864DGLD, KHSGS864GRY, KHSGS864SIL, SM-G950FZDAXSA, SM-G950FZKAXSA and SM-G950FZVAXSA