Samsung Galaxy Watch

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Battery Life
Lee H.

Lee H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Samsung pay on galaxy watch only works intermittently

Bought watch from Telstra may 2020. I was really looking forward to walking out the house with just my watch, no handbag and be able to buy a cup of coffee. No can do with pay feature only working on my watch at best 50 percent. Very disappointed as was one of the main features for me. Haven't bothered taking it back but has turned me off samsung.

Kate

KateCentral West, NSW

Warranty is not as it seems

I loved my Samsung watch, every day use,simple and dependent on it. However if the sensor cover comes off the back, it will no longer charge ,even if you are still paying it off and warranty period is still current it is classified as a "missing part" Samsung will not fix or replace.

Purchased in June 2019 at Telstra Retail Store.

Big V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor performance with Samsung pay and Strava

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $398.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Watch compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery barely lasts 1/2 day

Don't waste your money - this watch has been terrible. The battery just doesn't last and the support from Samsung is the worst. I have talked to Samsung a number of times and sent it off to them once, when it turned of completely and wouldn't turn back on, they sent it back, it turned on again but the battery wasn't fixed. It's obviously an issue that Samsung can't fix and can't be bothered dealing with complaints about battery from everyone so they just ignore. Get a garmin or commit to charging the watch twice a day (or using it as a watch only, with no other features) or spending your life chasing warranty claims.

Purchased in February 2019 for $500.00.

Anthony

AnthonyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lemon - waste of money

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $549.00.

Dean64Perth, WA

Smart in every way, except connectivity

Purchased in December 2020 at Kogan.com for $280.00.

Dean64

Just smashed it with a rock and best feeling ever. Do not waste your money on one.

piece of crop nothing else to say. The day you smash it with a rock is the day you get some satisfaction and value for money.. do not make the mistake of buying this piece of crap.

Purchased in December 2020 at Thr1ve for $250.00.

Daryl

DarylWestern District, VIC

Garmin or Samsung

Always had Garmin watches but Samsung phones. Went new Samsung watch but battery life is terrible and Heart Rate monitor is terribly inaccurate. Garmin way better on both. My mistake.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $279.00.

Ian

IanSouthwest, VIC

Lack of flexibility in loading Apps

Unable to load the Medisafe App. therefore the watch in lacking in flexibility and overpriced. The watch was bought for me on the basis I could use it to manage my medications this appears to be beyond the capability of the watch.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys.

Edita P.

Edita P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A phone on your wrist

Its incredible. The features of this watch are amazing I think. I can send an sos to my husband. its a really smart cool watch. Battery life is dependent on how u use it. I use it to the max for everything with all the features that I need turned on. I charge it every night when I'm cooking dinner. I have it on night mode at night and dnd. U can talk clearly and hear clearly. U can write a text msg. U can do everything its amazing. Beautiful watch. Battery saving tip, turn off bezel wake up and touch wake up.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $398.00.

Andrew Nguyen

Andrew NguyenPerth, WA

Expected better

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $549.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

DimplesDimples

Great watch, terrible battery life

Purchased in August 2020 at Facebook Marketplace for $300.00.

DimplesDimples

Hi kath, thanks for replying. I really did like this watch, but the battery life was not for me.

TaniaNorthern Region, NSW

Disappointing

Not sure why they say 4 day battery life... this must be only if you turn EVERY single feature off... there are some days i don't even get a full day out of mine if I've done more then one form of exercise ie running then a work out.... and it's funny that no matter how hard or how little I push myself during a work out the calories I burn are always exactly the same amount each time what!.... very disappointing

Purchased in April 2020 for $700.00.

Tania

Just for interest sake I put my watch in work out mode while I sun baked by the pool and guess what... at 30 minties I burnt the same about of calories laying by the pool as I do when doing a work out

MickSamsung

I’m sorry to hear about this Tania. We’re happy to look into this for you so please reach out with your details at your earliest convenience.

Mick
Samsung AU

no charging dock supplied

On reciept of my watch no charging dock supplied, on trying to contact Samsung in relation to getting on after 1 hour and giving my details to 4 different call handlers, still no help so decided to return it, poor poor customer service.

Purchased in September 2020 at Samsung Online store for $489.00.

Zom8iePerth, WA

Not really what I was looking for in a watch

I only purchased this watch because my old digital watch ran out of battery, and I thought it would be worth giving it a try. I've found that I don't use a majority of the features like the fitness tracking and the notifications because I find them annoying. About the only notifications I used is the email/text/call notifications. Having to recharge the watch is annoying too, you never need to do this with a regular watch. This smart watch now resides in my bedside table where it will stay, and I will be getting the battery in my old watch replaced.

Purchased in November 2019 at Telstra store.

Zom8ie

Thanks Kath, unfortunately no matter how good you make a product, you're not going to make everybody happy. Some people are extremely happy with these watches and I can see why, but I'm a bit old school. Thanks for the reply.

Kind regards, Geoff.

Adrian

AdrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's beautiful and functional. But it's lacking.

Purchased in August 2019 for $300.00.

KathSamsung

best looking smartwatch but not very smart

i definitely like the design. It is light, stylish and not bulky like other brands.
HOWEVER, lt lacks of exercise. I am an ocean swimmer and can not use it in open water.
Battery is definitely below standard. Not happy

Purchased for $628.00.

John R.Illawarra, NSW

Heart rate monitor doesn't work as claimed, sent it back to Samsung twice with no change. It's a dud.

I wanted a watch that monitors heart rate during a workout. Samsung claimed this watch "will measure heart rate continuously during a workout". It only records random irregular readings, sometimes nothing, and I have proven it to Samsung!! I have sent it back to Samsung twice & nothing has changed, now Samsung won't reply to my emails. I feel cheated, their is an absolute lack of support and are ignoring the malfunction issue. Don't buy if you require a reliable constant heart rate sensor.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $300.00.

Samsung AUSamsung
NeilC

NeilC

Perfect Gift

I bought this watch as my gift to my wife. She's so ecstatic about it due to its many features which she loves and she has been enjoying it so far so i recommended it to those who plans to buy a smart watch.

Purchased in May 2020 at Costco for $250.00.

MickSamsung
Priya

PriyaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome watch looks great and does plenty

The Samsung Galaxy watch 46mm bluetooth model is an awesome watch. It looks great and does plenty of things so don't need the phone as much. Got me to be more active, plays music to bluetooth headphones, great and very useful apps. Overall highly recommend it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com for $279.00.

Dean64asked

Galaxy Watch

This watch has a mind of its own when it comes to connectivity. I had enormous trouble getting it to connect to my Nokia and in the end had to download a third party Bluetooth app. It rarely connects on its own 1st up and 50/50 as to whether or not it will reconnect during the day. Has anyone got any suggestions? Cheers

Dean64

Anybody thinking about buying a Samsung watch just have a look at the support you get from Samsung (crickets)

Dean64asked

Galaxy Watch

Anyone figured out how to get the completely useless heart rate monitor to work more than 5% of the time???

Big V.

Sorry but no. You can add it to the list of problems with this watch. Unreliable Samsung pay and poor GPS/ movement detection, so unreliable with Strava

Dean64

Yep Samsung pay as good as useless, less than 50% strike rate and they don't support the little known, small bank called HSBC (rolls eyes)

gaynorharrison1

gaynorharrison1asked

Galaxy Watch 46mm Bluetooth

Does this watch have the ability to detect if someone has had a fall, and call a contact , or is there an app you could download that would enable the watch to do this.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 4 Samsung Galaxy Watch
CategorySmart Watches / Fitness TrackersSmart Watches / Fitness TrackersSmart Watches / Fitness TrackersSmart Watches / Fitness Trackers
Price (RRP) $499.00$599.00$549.00$649.00
Screen Size 1.1"1.2"1.3"1.3"
ConnectivityBluetooth, GPS, NFC and Wi-Fi4G, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and Wi-FiBluetooth, GPS, NFC and Wi-Fi4G, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and Wi-Fi
Colour / FinishRose Gold or Midnight BlackRose Gold or Midnight BlackSilverSilver
Display TechnologyAMOLEDAMOLEDAMOLEDAMOLED
Voice AssistantNoneNoneNoneNone
SensorsAccelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light SensorAccelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light SensorAccelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light SensorAccelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light Sensor
InterfaceBezel (Physical) and ButtonsBezel (Physical) and ButtonsBezel (Physical) and ButtonsBezel (Physical) and Buttons
LoudspeakerNoYesNoNo
WaterproofingSwim-proof and Water ResistantSwim-proof and Water ResistantSwim-proof and Water ResistantSwim-proof and Water Resistant
Memory (RAM)0.75 GB1.5 GB0.75 GB1.5 GB
Battery Size270 mAh270 mAh472 mAh472 mAh
Battery Life2 days2 days3.5 days3.5 days
Weight49 g49 g63 g63 g
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 4 Samsung Galaxy Watch