Samsung Galaxy Watch

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of smart watch / fitness tracker would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.4

• Battery Life

best looking smartwatch but not very smart

i definitely like the design. It is light, stylish and not bulky like other brands.
HOWEVER, lt lacks of exercise. I am an ocean swimmer and can not use it in open water.
Battery is definitely below standard. Not happy

Purchased for A$628.00.

John R.Illawarra, NSW

Heart rate monitor doesn't work as claimed, sent it back to Samsung twice with no change. It's a dud.

I wanted a watch that monitors heart rate during a workout. Samsung claimed this watch "will measure heart rate continuously during a workout". It only records random irregular readings, sometimes nothing, and I have proven it to Samsung!! I have sent it back to Samsung twice & nothing has changed, now Samsung won't reply to my emails. I feel cheated, their is an absolute lack of support and are ignoring the malfunction issue. Don't buy if you require a reliable constant heart rate sensor.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$300.00.

Samsung AUSamsung
NeilC

NeilC

Perfect Gift

I bought this watch as my gift to my wife. She's so ecstatic about it due to its many features which she loves and she has been enjoying it so far so i recommended it to those who plans to buy a smart watch.

Purchased in May 2020 at Costco for A$250.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Watch compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Priya

PriyaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome watch looks great and does plenty

The Samsung Galaxy watch 46mm bluetooth model is an awesome watch. It looks great and does plenty of things so don't need the phone as much. Got me to be more active, plays music to bluetooth headphones, great and very useful apps. Overall highly recommend it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com for A$279.00.

Kapitoshka

KapitoshkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Slight evolution over Gear S3 rather than revolution

Purchased in April 2020.

Bonnie

BonnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Everything I needed

I love this watch for work, I get all my notifications. But that not even what this watch is built for it has so many features for health stress, and now games love this watch

Purchased in September 2018 at Samsung for A$499.00.

Vikas C

Vikas CAU

This is the worst we had

Watch played up after few months we had. Repaired 3 times and finally after we had no patience left, we raised it with next level.
That VOC lady offered replacement and after asking for refund she said that she will have to do paperwork and more time consuming but left on My wife to decide. She asked for refund to which she she refused and bluntly said we only have an option or replacement. I knew that she is doing all this to do less work which se mentioned before. We still have the watch sealed pack as we lodged the complaint with ACCC and other relevant body.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for A$445.00.

Moe

MoePerth, WA

One of my life’s true regrets was buying this watch

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$650.00.

MickSamsung

Watch not working and warranty denied

Purchased in December 2019.

Gavin H.
Gavin H.
MickSamsung

I’m sorry if we were unable to assist with this Gavin but we will be passing your feedback on internally.

Mick

Barcelona

BarcelonaPerth, WA

needs big improvements

it is the best design smart watch
Not bulky
Stylish
However
It needs more features for example open water swimming , inserting the sim card and bixby needs to be improved
Other than that it is a good looking watch

KathSamsung

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your Samsung Galaxy Watch! I will be sure to forward this on to the team so that we can continue to improve on our products and services.

Kath

Laos Zehra

Laos ZehraPilbara, WA

Not happy not worth

Battery drains very quickly
Step counting is not proper at all. I bought this watch for swimming activities. It does not have open water functions and it doesn’t measure swim pool properly.

Wayne H.

Wayne H.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute POS

Purchased in November 2018 at Samsung for A$650.00.

Amber W.

Amber W.Sydney, NSW

Very useful on the go.

My partner brought me a galaxy watch for our anniversary & I love it. Very good functionality, especially when your on the go. I can leave my phone in my bag, etc. & still receive notifications and calls through my watch. Also a good motivator for exercise with the tracking features. I can honestly say I have done more walking since getting the watch.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$400.00.

RubyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Watch still playing up after been sent for repair twice and been sent back with confidence. Worst every SAMSUNG

Took 6 hours to charge the batter and just after overnight it was 10% in the morning (sitting on shelf with no apps or anything on). Button plays up as before.

Purchased for A$499.00.

Very disappointed........

Purchased in April 2019 for A$350.00.

TracyB
TracyB

Dawn

DawnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing

From reminding me to walk more, tracking my sleep and receiving msg on the go and calls on the go. I can see with flick what I have missed out on, reminds me of events really loving the Samsung watch

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$500.00.

David S.

David S.North Queensland, QLD

I prefer my Garmin for almost everything

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$298.00.

Sean W

Sean WSydney, NSW

Better Than Apple

If you're a man you need as galaxy watch.
I've struck hard in rocks while climbing.
Being a tradie has been bashed about.
Can leave phone at home when mountain biking, running, or at the pub.
Can buy with a tap so no wallet need.

Purchased in July 2019 at Vodafone for A$500.00.

Goutham K.

Goutham K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Smartwatch which does all the basic things we need.

This is my First Smartwatch. It's pretty decent it does all the basic stuff like counting steps, heart rate monitor, and sleep tracking. In my opinion sleep tracking is not the best compared to Fitbit fitness trackers. Overall it's good for its price range.

Purchased in November 2019 at Officeworks for A$299.00.

Very disappointing

Only purchased 4 months ago and so disappointed. Battery doesn't last 24hrs, lucky to last 12hrs. Turns itself off frequently. A lot to pay for something that doesn't deliver as it promises. Wish I had bought a Garmin as they last a couple of days!

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$529.00.