Samsung Gear S3

Classic and Frontier

joyalsaju28

joyalsaju28Southwest, VIC

Great Smartwatch!

Not the easiest set up but once done at the start, the watch is really good. Premium box and accessories also included. The watch is really nice looking but kind of big. Heaps of apps and downloadable programs which make it really good in the customization area. A bit on the heavier side but its still fine to wear. Easy to get around to the apps and all. Overall a great watch!

Joy S.

Joy S.Southwest, VIC

Decent Smartwatch.

Good Smartwatch. Really easy to navigate and good software. Can customize really well. The Smartwatch is rather big but the watch has a really good performance. Heaps of apps also available from the app for games etc. Worth the money but not for kids as the face is quite large!

Nissa R.

Nissa R.Central Queensland, QLD

I do not leave home without it.

I was lucky enough to be gifted this watch when it was first released but now in having used it for the past couple of years, I would have been more than happy to purchase it. Wearing it everyday to my job as a Fitness trainer, it still looks brand new and I cannot live without it.

Greg N.

Greg N.Murray Region, NSW

A watch to do it all.

Purchased in October 2018 at Kogan.com for $349.00.

ddreaming

ddreamingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

I have purchased 2 of these watches and so far they are working well. My husband's was to replace a Fitbit Blaze and he loves that it does the same things but so much more. The only difference being that he would wear his fitbit to bed to track his sleep but the Samsung is too bulky. I have to admit I'm happy about that as the fitbit flashed all night!
My son uses the most functions on his and loves the fact that he can customize the face and also pay with it.

The watches are very sturdy and screen protectors can be purchased online for a reasonable price (third party). Battery life seems good.
Purchased both heavily discounted - not sure if I would pay the full rrp.

Purchased in June 2019 at eBay.

Scotty74

Scotty74South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Love It

I have had this watch for 2 years now, it is great and can be paired with any smart phone, including apple. Strange I know, the only issue is you can’t access some of the functions such as Samsung pay when paired with a different brand smart phone.

Purchased in March 2017 at Kogan.com for $300.00.

robin

robinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Decent watch but lacks some features compared to Android watches

I love the watch, but i wish it had google assistant in it in stead of svoice from samsung. Svoice is quite useless. but over all it is a solid watch with good features and health tracking, i would recommend it :)

Purchased in November 2018 for $320.00.

UnhappySydney, NSW

Samsung wont repair my S# Frontier

Purchased my Samsung in April 07 so my watch is out of warranty. It has started to lock up and die. For no apparent reason it starts up and works for approximately one hour. It is fully charged. I have lost the receipt and Samsung won't repair my watch without it. I have an expensive watch collection and i am never been asked to prove they are my property when they are serviced. What an appalling service when I'm happy to pay for the repair but they refuse.
I'm I expected to throw it away, what a disgrace, don't buy one!
Imagine if you purchased a Samsung in the same circumstance!

Purchased in April 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Unhappy

Jo, I don’t use Facebook or the messenger app, what other means do you provide for contact?

John .T

John .TNorth Queensland, QLD

Good watch, poor Samsung service

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

LakesideComputersGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wear it daily fantastic device

Great product, have had it close to 2 years now and wear it everyday, apart from the wheel bezel starting to get little grippy, i have had no problems. its great with music and notifications, Samsung offers a variety of applications and themes so that you never get sick of the watch face.

Purchased in December 2017.

James JFar North Queensland, QLD

Don’t Update Software

Worked great for 2 weeks but then I made the mistake of updating the software when I was prompted. It used to have around 50% battery remaining at the end of the day - with all features being used and watch face always on. Since the update it struggles to make it to lunch time - and that is after I turned off the watch face, health and everything else that might be draining the battery. I loved the look of the S3 and was happy with the limited functionality with the IPhone, but looks like I will have to make the move to Apple Watch.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $295.00.

MickSamsung

Arno R.

Arno R.

Better than the Apple Watch

I have had the Huawei Watch 1, then changed to an Iphone and got the Apple Watch 2nd series. All I can say is that the Samsung trumps these watches. It looks awesome and has so many features. The beauty of this watch and similar watches is the flexibility in changing things such as the straps, apps and watch faces. Something which is limited on the Apple Watch. I highly recommend this watch

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $269.00.

James TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fragile as egg shells

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

Bhuwan

BhuwanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best I've ever used

I've been using it everyday and its very nice. I even use it while swimming and there's no any problem at all. Thanks samsung for making this wonderful smart watch.

Purchased in November 2018 at Samsung Online store for $299.00.

Ronny

RonnyIllawarra, NSW

Great looking watch but not worth

Bought this as a gift for my brother. Overall he is very happy with it. It looks great and has many features. There are many faces to choose from. The rotating bezel is a smart design by Samsung. However, the battery life is pretty average. Need to charge it almost everyday.

Purchased in September 2018.

Austaurean

AustaureanJerrabomberra

One of the Best Smart Watches Around

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $264.00.

Noushin

NoushinSydney, NSW

Amazing watch!

I bought it a month ago, and I'm supper happy with it. It is a great watch, with reasonable price. It works very well with your phone if you have a galaxy phone!

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

The watch is ok but very limited in what it can do

Samsung customer relations is a total disgrace. The chat line are unable to answer simple questions. On the phone you get through to the Philippines who are worse than useless. Do not buy via Samsung, If you have a problem their customer service is worse than useless.
The watch is very limited in what it can do, and the customer service outfit do not wish to help
Keep well away

Purchased in April 2019 for $200.00.

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good smartwatch if thats what you are after

No major issues with this smartwatch, battery life is solid, interface is convenient, a little bit thick on the wrist but is fairly stylish and have no issues with performance. Only real issue is with the functionality itself, don't tend to get much use out of this other than checking notifications and even then, is much easier to get my phone out and reply.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $200.00.

OZe Craze

OZe CrazePerth, WA

Almost perfect!!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Heather B.

Heather B.asked

Gear S3 Frontier

can you make calls on this one

LakesideComputers

Yes! Provided you are connected via bluetooth to a phone with a SIM card. You are able to make, answer and receive calls, as the watch is equipted with a microphone and speaker

James Tasked

Hi Folks,
Anyone considering buying this watch should not buy it. It is touted as a fitness watch for active people, yet it is super fragile. The back glass has cracked on mine and i dont even wear it outdoors. In less than a month after receiving it as a gift i felt a harsh scratching on my wrist and there i discovered its glass is smashed..... I never dropped it or mishandled it. it is super fragile. Buy a real outdoor watch perhaps an apple. Samsung wont fix and the youngster at JB HiFi was quick to accuse me of dropping it. Its cracks eminate from the two charging point on the rear, so check yours if you have one, other than that it looks great as a bedside table alarm clock.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi James, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to provide me with your contact details and any reference numbers to our Facebook via the link below?

Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Jo
Samsung AU

Sez

Sezasked

Gear S3 Frontier

Hi, is the Samsung Gear S3 watch compatible with Oppo phones?

Sean
Sean

Hi Sez,

I think as long as you download the Samsung watch app it should be OK. The watch is even compatible with IOS so it should be compatible with other Android devices.

PhilSamsung

Hi Sez, unfortunately Oppo is not a compatible device for the Gear S3 - Here is a link to the listed devices that are compatible https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/gear-s3-compatible-android-devices/

Philip
Samsung Australia

James T

Before you buy, if you want to use it as an outdoor watch for activities, perhaps look elsewhere. The glass back is super fragile and subject to cracking and cutting you. Mine is less than a month old and it has cracked where the charging diodes are...... so consider other options or buy the real rugged one.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier