Samsung ME73M

Samsung ME73M

MPNs: 36530453 and ME73M

Decent for home use

Small, compact but has good features. Bought this 6mos back from the good guys, to replace an ageing microwave. 20L capacity, a bit tiny inside for a large pizza :-) has ceramic coating that makes it look good as well as easy to clean. easy to use and for quick reheating

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great microwave.

This microwave is excellent. It took all of three uses to get used to the idea of changing time via a knob and not a button, but now I do not think I can ever go back to regular buttons again. Press start to get 30 seconds, then spin the dial to get whatever time you actually need. Ingenious.

This is plenty powerful for warming up everything I have tossed inside.

When I first used it it made an awfully loud noise when cooking. Turns out a piece of the venitlated metal on the back had gotten pushed in a bit. Pulling that out made this nice and quiet again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Good Smaller Microwave

This microwave is a touch smaller size (20 litres) and looks very nice on the bench with its silver finish. I find it very simply laid out with icon symbols and it does a fine job of heating food and thawing things. Samsung are a good brand and I have every faith that it will continue to work reliably for many years to come.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Frequently breaks down

Confusing to use, unreliable and poor customer service. Microwave stopped working due to a problem with the door latch causing the fuse to blow. I had to return it to a service centre and the closest one was an 1.5-2 hour return trip from my home as Samsung would not pick it up. When I picked it up after repair I noticed that the door latch was still sticking and told the Samsung service tech that it didn't look like the fault had been repaired. I was told that the latch had been replaced and that it would be fine now but then a month later it blew another fuse and stopped working. Once again I made the 1.5-2 hour drive to the service centre and dropped it off. They repaired it again but before I went to pick it up I called the service tech to make sure the sticky latch had been repaired (as I didn't want to pick up a microwave that was faulty again) I was assured that it had been fixed, so I went and picked up the microwave only to find that the door was still jamming. I once again told the Samsung tech that the microwave fuse was surely going to blow again and was annoyed that I had driven to pick it up knowing that it was just going to break again. A few weeks late it broke again. I was told I would get a refund. Samsung said they would pick it up but then called me to say that actually they would not pick it up and that I would need to drop it off at the service centre. Tired of the 1.5-2 hour round trip with a baby and a toddler I suggested that they use a courier to pick it up but they refused to do this and insisted that I drop it off. I haven't dropped it off yet so still do not have the refund. I wish that when this dodgy microwave first broke that I put it in the bin and bought a different brand rather then driving back and forth to the service centre. I expected Samsung's customer service to be better than what it is and thought that they could have offered to pick it up from my home given I had already made 4 trips to the service centre. In addition the Samsung microwave was not intuitive at all and confusing to use. The new Sharp microwave I bought to replace it, is much easier to use and reheats and defrosts much better. In addition to all this my Samsung TV also broke recently so I have have really lost confidence in Samsung products which I use to love but will avoid in the future. I understand that some products fail but when they do I fell it should be the companies responsibility to repair them with as little inconvenience to the customer as possible. If Samsung had picked up my product when it failed, repaired it first attempt and then delivered it I wouldn't have minded that it broke in the first place and would still consider buying Samsung products but it was the hassle and inconvenience caused to get the microwave repaired that I found frustrating.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Good value

The microwave's alright. It's modern and sleek looking so it complements my other furniture and kitchen. But the button to open it is annoying, it's a push type which is frustrating to use. I have to use my knuckles to push it open. It's not too loud, it's about as loud as other microwaves. The settings are easy enough to understand because there are symbols. You did have to click the required power level before choosing a time though, which was confusing when I first used it.

Compact, good value

For the price, this microwave does what it was probably intended; to feed budget-conscious students their microwave carbonara. It won't fit the largest of dishes and it'll take a little longer than the usual recommended microwave times since it's only 800W, so an extra minute or two of heating will be required. An easily removable ceramic dish is inside the unit and it's relatively easy to clean with a wipe. You'll want to collect your cooked meal as soon as possible, because the microwave will annoy you with their intermittent-Samsung-proprietary beeping until you relieve it by opening the door.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great product

My first microwave and now I can't imagine not having it. Elegant design and well built, simple to set up and the instructions are not too hard to follow. I would say it's pretty loud but I don't really have anything else to compare it to. Cooked food seems fine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great value for the money

We purchased this microwave as we don't use one a lot and it really does a good job.

It doesn't take up much space and is good at reheating meals and cooking rice which is the main things we do with it.

The buttons are a little hard to use and need to be pressed quite firmly but apart from that it's a good unit.

Main improvement would be if the light stayed on while cooking but only a minor thing.

Ok for the price

This microwave looks good and is a reasonable size. It heats the food well and is relatively simple to use. It was necessary to read the manual to work out how to use initially although it is not that difficult once you have worked it out. The buttons need to be pressed quite firmly to start and the button to open the microwave feels a bit cheap. It is easy and convenient to clean. For the price of the microwave this is a good product

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Awesome space saver!

This is a great little microwave for those without a large amount of space. It looks sleek and modern without being an oddity. It's relatively quiet and heats through very well with an easy to understand menu. The interior is a nice ceramic too! Easy cleaning! Definitely recommend for those looking for a space saving little pocket rocket.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Recommended product

The mircowave looks so fancy and nice. It has really good quality, not making too much noise, and well built. Moreover, the price is also reasonable and affordable for everyone to purchase. It is easy to use, has excellent features as like many other fany microwave. Overall, it is really recommended and im so happy with this microwave

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Nice little microwave

Nice little microwave. Has a power off function to save power. Looks sophisticated. Can select the wattage you want to use beforehand. I think this is handy for something like melting chocolate. I myself have not tried this yet though, we leave it at 800W. Ceramic finish inside. The annoying thing is that it beeps again if you leave your food in there. This is probably the only minor dislike but it's good if you do forget about what's in there. You need to learn from the manual how to use it. It is not just like any ordinary microwave. In saying that, it is not hard to use.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Poor length of service

Had two of this model both only lasted 25 months just out of warranty. Not good enough for this type of product.
Cooking and ease of operation good but longevity of this product is not very useful. This product was not used every day as it was in a holiday situation.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Valuable Item

I recommend this microwave to people due to it is a valuable product.
it's only cost me $98 dollars from the good guy during financial year sale.
It's easy to use and not a noisy product during operation. Even though the price is cheap, but the performance and inside are fantastic. And it looks very modern.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nice, reliable and tidy looking unit

Overall a good product. It cooks well. It is easy to keep clean and the simple design looks good in my compact kitchen. the controls are a little confusing initially, however after some practise it's fairly easy to use. I'd be happy to recommend this microwave unit. It's great value.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Easy to use and doesn't break

Using it for 2 years, I love it, it's quite, its buttons are easy to use and do the heating and defrosting jobs well.
Great Price (120$) and the ceramic finish inside is awesome. I use it a lot for defrosting. Easy to clean.
I Recommend this microwave to everyone.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Great to use!

Very satisfied with the results of minimum heating. I have been used for around three years and bought online. The price was reasonable to afford. The best thing is that it is not very loud for operating and its very robust. Lacks heating though. Overall would definetely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great Product

Great Product. Bought it from JB Hi fi in aa sale. Costed me 120$. Best thing about this microwave is it's looks which is steel body and looks very premium.

Using it from an year with no issue at all. Very easy to clean and maintain. highly recommended given it's price and features

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Good build but lacks heating power

Bought this from The good guys for $88 during boxing day sale. Its build really well, the ceramic coating prevents rust formation due to moisture etc. Lacks heating tho, significantly slower than my old 800w no brand microwave . Its around 2-3 minutes slower at max power. I dont like the buttons on this. they aren't that responsive.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Compact unit that gets the job done

At my place the space designed to place the microwave was designed fairly small so I had very limited options tô what I could get. To my surprise this compact, reasonable priced microwave fit just fine. It leaves nothing to desire. Maybe the only downside is that it is a little hard to set up a manual time l, anyway I only use the +30s button. And I have used the defrost button and works well.

Date PurchasedMar 2014