Samsung WW11K8412OW

Samsung WW11K8412OW

MPN: 36280155

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

katinaus

katinausAustralia

Not a good machine

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,269.00.

Pos waste on money

This has to be the most expensive lemon of a machine ever bought. Has constantly leaked from.front seal even after replacing once, bought extended warranty but it only covers the motor, now it doesn't dry spin properly and has become noisy. Have checked all pipes and drain pump no problems there. Have been to by an independent technician thats its cheaper to buy a new one now. This machine is like max 4yrs old. Will not buy samsung again. Considering this was a replacement machine from the last lemon samsung machine under warranty enough is enough.

Purchased for $16,000.00.

Lou

LouSydney, NSW

Samsung Front Loader - poor quality/unreliable washing machine

Purchased in April 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 6kg DE60F60EW1
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung WW11K8412OW compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

JAG

JAGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is an bad product

James R.

James R.Sydney, NSW

Board and Seal both replaced

The board and seal both failed while under warranty. Warranty would only cover the board, not the seal which is also a common fault. This cost around $140 to replace. I hope other people are having more luck

Purchased in July 2018 at 2nds World Online store for $1,394.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg ED56
KathSamsung

Same as everyone else: water dripping underneath the door for 3yo machine used weekly at most

This is crazy, top of the range super expensive "intelligent" washing machine from samsung and laundry floor covered in water after every wash. Was watching closely and indeed seems to be the seal issue as water is dripping from under the door. I dont care about stupid messages "wash is over" popping on my Samsung TV i just want reliable washing machine, must previous Hitachi lasted 15(!) years with no issues until the motor died, another dodgy super expensive product from Samsung (eg 8K TV that cant play anything in 8K)

Purchased for $1,349.00.

Bungle

Bungle

Worked really well until 2 years and 1 month old.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,260.00.

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good machine, just wish it had lasted longer than 4 yrs

Purchased in June 2016 at Appliances Online.

Robby T.

Robby T.Perth, WA

Do not buy - Dodgy machine and Dodgy parts

Purchased in January 2018.

Front Loading Washing Machines

A few leaks, now board gone

The machine has been working well since we got it in August 2016 (I think). We've had a few leaks which seems to be common, but now it looks like the board has gone. Not only did it stop mid cycle and we can't turn it on, it's still full of clothes and we can't get the door open! I just read another review with the same issue and Samsung were able to fix it under their extended warranty, but unfortunately we don't have an extended warranty. Not sure how much this will cost to fix, but perhaps it's better to look at a new machine. It'd be pretty crappy to think a machine 3 years old could already need to be replaced rather than throwing money at it to fix it.

Purchased in August 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,289.00.

Aaron
Aaron

Hi Kath, have just opened a chat on Messenger at the address you provided. We did the emergency drain on Saturday, so all the water should be out of the unit. Not looking forward to the smell when we finally get the door open!

KathSamsung

Glad to hear you got your washing out, Aaron! I can see that you are currently in touch with a member of our team on Facebook. I hope you get this sorted shortly and please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any enquiries!

Rob S.

Rob S.Perth, WA

Seal Leaking, 4 months out of warranty

Thought I spend money to buy a good washing machine that would last. Machine is under 2.5 years old and seal has started leaking. Pretty disappointed as it wasn't a cheap machine. No visible damage to the deal but dripping out the bottom of the door. Seems to be a common fault.

Purchased in September 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,329.00.

KathSamsung

Door seal leaks and now a board gone!

We decided to purchase this washing machine as we liked the 11kg size and the ability to add clothes through the cycle. Just over 12 months our seal started leaking and then this week it dies completely. No power to the washing machine. Powerpoint is working. It looks like a board has died. We can't even find a service man willing to come to house to have a look. They just say time for a new washing machine and this time don't get a Samsung!

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,399.00.

Dryer TypeBosch Serie 4 WTH85200AU
MickSamsung
Sam
Sam

Thanks a Samsung technician has been out and found that the pump motor failed which caused the board to short out. I will now go through out Product Care Replacement warranty that luckily we purchased!

KathSamsung

Glad to hear you're getting this resolved, Sam! If you have any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us :)

Louise C.

Louise C.

All set to buy one of these....until I read the reviews.

Hey Samsung, I had my credit card out and was all set to buy one of the 11kg, until I read the reviews. Now I will look elsewhere. Your absolute lack of service with the door seal was a deal breaker with me. This is costing you sales.
Regards
Louise

sookjja N.

sookjja N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Been using it for last 2 years without a problem

Picked this machine because of the Add on window in 2017. That key feature works for me every time. First thing in the morning, I go to the laundry room and empty the basket and start the machine. Then house cleaning while my daughter is eating breakfast. Guess what I have found under the sofa, bed and kitchen... towel, sockes. clothes..etc. Add them into the machine as I moving along the house. Half a hour later, my little girl finishes brekky and left me with a soiled bib. Chuck it into the machine. Gives me smile and justification about 1000 dollar machinery.

Purchased in September 2017.

KathSamsung

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Samsung washing machine, Sookjja! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the team. Should you have any enquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Mike G.

Mike G.Victoria

Stopped working right after warranty expires, NOT met consumer expectation (solved)

About a month after the 2-year warranty period the $1,300 machine stopping draining property, it now leaves load very wet. I have to manually let water out using the emergency drain tube every time so it will spin longer and drain a bit better. Very annoying.
Certainly not any consumer would expect for a washer at this price point, very disappointed.

Update: problem solved after two home services and one workshop service. Good customer service, but still not happy with its reliability.

Purchased in March 2017 at Appliances Online for $1,347.00.

Dryer TypeSamsung DV90H8000HW
MickSamsung

I D.

I D.Perth, WA

School Uniforms Trapped in Machine

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

AdaSamsung

We're sorry to hear this, We recommend for you to contact us on 1300 362 603 so that we can look into this for you.

Marion H

Marion H

I have to have one after using my daughters -“amazing”!

So easy to use, quiet in operation, loads of cycle choices from the dirtiest washing to a gentle baby’s cycle. 11kg capacity, I just filled up the machine and it washed perfectly, so it saves power usage and automatically fills with the required amount of water. The mini peep door to add that left out garment is a bonus. A must have.

Andrew

Andrew

Door Seal Leaks

The door seal started leaking within 1 year of purchase. Samsung says it is user-error. Extended warranty claim it is user error. There are so many complaints about this issue on this page, I think a class action lawsuit is in order.

Purchased in July 2017.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Andrew. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Seal has gone!

Yep another seal gone! Customer care blames me as the owner for damaging a seal on a washing machine that is only 18 months old!
Disgraceful service from the well know brand.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Don't buy it!

I bought it because of ADDWASH feature and large capacity in sept17 from the Good guys (ebay) and in april19, it stopped rinsing and spinning leaving clothes full of soap and soaked. It was repaired a few weeks later and now again the same issue! I don't want it repaired anymore!

Purchased in September 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

AdaSamsung

We're sorry to hear that you have been experiencing trouble with your washing machine, Frank. We recommend for you to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 362 603 so that we can look into this for instantly.