Samsung AddWash Steam Front Loader

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

PennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Pump and Filter Design - Avoid

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$820.00.

Brad

BradPerth, WA

This is noisiest washing machine ever!!!!!!

If your looking for a machine that would wake the entire house then this is for you
It’s constant spraying of water throughout the wash cycle is so ridiculously noisy it’s unbearable. There must better quieter machines out there but be warned this is a very noisy machine

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,100.00.

Barrie

BarrieRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Annoyed!

Received this machine as a replacement for my last machine that was recalled. Was great initially better wash than the top loader, although since receiving in 2018 I have now had to get in touch with Samsung for mechanical issues x 2!! My last machine lasted years without one repair, this one hasn’t lasted its warranty period! SO ANNOYED with a busy house of 5!! Almost wonder if this model is faulty also??

Purchased in October 2018.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung AddWash Steam Front Loader compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Bee V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor Build Quality, Sounds like a diesel truck when in rinse cycle

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$1,050.00.

MickSamsung
Bee V.

thanks, yes i have messaged you directly, I dont use Facebook

Tim

Tim

Perfect

No issues with the washing machine and into my 20th wash. It is quiet, and I absolutely LOVE the 'add-wash' feature. Definitely recommend this one to anyone looking for a front loader

Purchased in June 2020.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thank you for the 5 star review, Tim! Glad to hear you're happy with your recent purchase :) If you have any questions please let us know.

Sara

Katya B.

Katya B.Sydney, NSW

Wonderful washing machine

I'm so pleased with this purchase. It's great to be able to add forgotten pieces of laundry during the cycle without pausing the machine. The washing results have been excellent.

Purchased in March 2020 at Appliances Online for A$789.00.

Jace

JaceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

nice machine

Really liking my new washing machine. Plenty of programs that I can choose from. I like the 15 min quick wash option and also the fact I can add clothes into the cycle. Overall a good sound machine.

Jules

JulesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not recommend

we always used front loader with no issues , less than 2 months after purchase the machine started to leak through the front door, contacted the manufacturer who appointed a local technician to fix the issue , they came around and advised the 2 year manufacturer warranty would not cover the door seal, so we had to pay $240 to be fixed. we tried to contact Samsung customer service/ warranty again to dispute and no response. now 6 months after the purchase the machine doesn't seem to rinse or drain properly, we are a busy family of 3 (1 newborn), don't have time to chase warranty/ bad service again - we just gave up on Samsung, won't be buying their products again :(

Purchased in December 2019 at Appliances Online for A$900.00.

Anshul V.

Anshul V.Sydney, NSW

Very nice and quiet!

I use this washing machine for daily wear and linen..It is pretty good at handling and Is not that loud when washing...
The add wash feature is pretty handy when I forget to put the last t-shirt hiding behind the door! Thus, saves water and time both as I don’t have to wait for another cycle for my tshirt!

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$924.00.

KathSamsung

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Samsung washing machine, Anshul! We really appreciate sharing your feedback on this product with us and I will be sure to share this with the team :)

AmyS

AmySGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good machine for the price

Purchased in March 2020 at Winning Appliances for A$733.00.

Natalie

Natalie

Amazing machine

An GREAT machine that washes clothes incredibly well. I love the bubble soak and steam wash cycles, especially for bedding. I also enjoy the 15 min cycle for small loads, and the add function tp add a few items once the cycle has begun.
I don't find that it's loud at all, we have it in our ensuite-style laundry right near the bed and I can hardly hear it.
In reference to the smell that others noted, after the first wash there was a faint plastic-like smell which I attributed to the heat of the cycle coming in contact with the internal seal material. It smelt like that "new" smell that a plastic cover might impart on a new sheet set for example. It was gone after the second wash so its negligible to me.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$706.00.

KathSamsung

It is fantastic to hear that you are currently enjoying your Samsung washing machine, Natalie. We really appreciate the time spent to share your feedback on this. I will be sure to pass this on to the team :)

Dimitri

DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quick Clean Is Great

The quick clean 15min option is great for energy saving, esp for items such as delicates that dont require a long 1 hour clean.

Bubble wash option has been great to remove sweat from gym clothes that our last machine struggled to do.

Only con is that its a little noisier than i expected it to be.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$713.00.

KristiePerth, WA

Unbelievable smell from day 1

My washing machine was recently recalled and replaced with this model. I was initially very excited until I used the machine which seemed amazing until the first load finished. I cannot believe to pungent smell coming from it. My clothes smell disgusting and the smell is seeping through my whole house. A repairer is being sent out to change parts but cancelled and I have not heard from them since . Have had to call and chase it up myself. No one can tell me where the repair part is.....It's a brand new machine?? Online reviews confirm repair does not fix problem. No amount of air freshener is helping this smell and im getting headaches. Very disappointed I accepted this replacement.

Purchased in October 2019.

The link does not work

KathSamsung

That's odd, Kristie. As an alternative, you can also send us a direct PM to our Facebook page, or Twitter account as it is our best point of contact.

Vishal G.

Vishal G.

Great

Its a great machine, my previous one was Samsung too. Lasted me 9 years. The beauty of this is you have a lid where you can pause the Machine while in operation and put some clothes which I believe is great as compared to others which locks after starting operation.

Purchased at Bing Lee Online store for A$1,099.00.

SeepK

SeepKSydney, NSW

Fantastic Design!

This is a very smartly designed machine. It's great being able to add the odd forgotten sock once I've already started a load off. The slot is big enough to put a towel through which is handy.

The daily wash function runs for just an hour - great for water and electricity. You have the option to add steam cycles and easy iron which saves me a lot of ironing effort for my office wear.

I use the machine once a week and it worked perfectly for the first six months. Recently, though it hasn't been finishing off the washing cycle in the allotted time. It gets stuck , and I've got to reset the cycle in order to get the load completed.

Purchased in October 2018.

onin

oninPerth, WA

Used to be a good machine

I have this machine for over 2 years,with the good brand you will be expecting pay more right? Missus is very happy when we first got this but not after the drain motor /pump playing up.Sometimes its working but most of the time not.We have done the research about troubleshooting and we believe we've done all of this but still we have no luck.Call few technician asking for a quote to do the repair and we're surprised the cost, almost the same amount when we bought it.It could be happier if it last at least 5 years at least we've used it longer to cover the cost.But thats my thought anyway

Pam A.

Pam A.

Excellent easy to use front loader

This machine is clever in design and features. Being able to add an item to an already commenced wash is just one of the clever innovations. It offers a wash for black fabrics generating extra rinsing so no soap residue is left on clothes. It has a capacity of 8.5kg making it ideal for washing larger items or for bigger families. It has a steam cycle for baby wear and bedding, along with a bubble cycle for extra cleaning. Easy ironing option makes clothes less bunched up and crinkled. Every 40 washes it prompts you to initiate its quick self cleaning cycle. This machine lives up to its promises. My only negative would be there is a small lever that you use for liquid detergent but take out for powder. I’m hoping I don’t misplace it!

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$899.00.

Sandra

SandraIllawarra, NSW

First time front loader - so far so good

The Actual machine setup was great. Washing clothes is excellent, clothes appear to be cleaner and a quiet wash. Only complaint so far was the setup of the Smart Things wifi connection which was not easily understood.

mehdi n.

mehdi n.Sydney, NSW

disgusting smell coming from machine

I bought this machine 2 weeks ago, it's my first Samsung machine I have.
I used 3 different model of LG washing machine for last 10 years. I think this one is really better than those LG models, it's work smooth and quit. wash quality also is great.
Functionality is good.

Purchased in July 2019 at appliancesonline.com.au for A$669.00.

AdaSamsung

Hi Mehdi, this sounds like something our Support Team can assist you with. We recommend for you to contact 1300 362 603 so that we can look into this for you.

Jo

Loz S

Loz SSunbury

Great Machine

Upgraded to this machine after having a very basic machine and am so happy. The 8.5kg machine comfortably fits a large load and washes well. It's extremely quiet and love having the option on the 15 minute quick wash! Great water and energy rating and love that it has a small pop out door to add in those extra items after wash has started! The internal heater works great and the daily wash takes approx an hour, and with the option to bubble soak in wash it helps to rid those stubborn stains.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online.