Samsung AddWash Steam Front Loader

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

Jace

JaceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

nice machine

Really liking my new washing machine. Plenty of programs that I can choose from. I like the 15 min quick wash option and also the fact I can add clothes into the cycle. Overall a good sound machine.

Jules

JulesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not recommend

we always used front loader with no issues , less than 2 months after purchase the machine started to leak through the front door, contacted the manufacturer who appointed a local technician to fix the issue , they came around and advised the 2 year manufacturer warranty would not cover the door seal, so we had to pay $240 to be fixed. we tried to contact Samsung customer service/ warranty again to dispute and no response. now 6 months after the purchase the machine doesn't seem to rinse or drain properly, we are a busy family of 3 (1 newborn), don't have time to chase warranty/ bad service again - we just gave up on Samsung, won't be buying their products again :(

Purchased in December 2019 at Appliances Online for A$900.00.

Anshul V.Sydney, NSW

Very nice and quiet!

I use this washing machine for daily wear and linen..It is pretty good at handling and Is not that loud when washing...
The add wash feature is pretty handy when I forget to put the last t-shirt hiding behind the door! Thus, saves water and time both as I don’t have to wait for another cycle for my tshirt!

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$924.00.

KathSamsung

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Samsung washing machine, Anshul! We really appreciate sharing your feedback on this product with us and I will be sure to share this with the team :)

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung AddWash Steam Front Loader compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

AmyS

AmySGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good machine for the price

Purchased in March 2020 at Winning Appliances for A$733.00.

Natalie

Natalie

Amazing machine

An GREAT machine that washes clothes incredibly well. I love the bubble soak and steam wash cycles, especially for bedding. I also enjoy the 15 min cycle for small loads, and the add function tp add a few items once the cycle has begun.
I don't find that it's loud at all, we have it in our ensuite-style laundry right near the bed and I can hardly hear it.
In reference to the smell that others noted, after the first wash there was a faint plastic-like smell which I attributed to the heat of the cycle coming in contact with the internal seal material. It smelt like that "new" smell that a plastic cover might impart on a new sheet set for example. It was gone after the second wash so its negligible to me.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$706.00.

KathSamsung

It is fantastic to hear that you are currently enjoying your Samsung washing machine, Natalie. We really appreciate the time spent to share your feedback on this. I will be sure to pass this on to the team :)

DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quick Clean Is Great

The quick clean 15min option is great for energy saving, esp for items such as delicates that dont require a long 1 hour clean.

Bubble wash option has been great to remove sweat from gym clothes that our last machine struggled to do.

Only con is that its a little noisier than i expected it to be.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$713.00.

KristiePerth, WA

Unbelievable smell from day 1

My washing machine was recently recalled and replaced with this model. I was initially very excited until I used the machine which seemed amazing until the first load finished. I cannot believe to pungent smell coming from it. My clothes smell disgusting and the smell is seeping through my whole house. A repairer is being sent out to change parts but cancelled and I have not heard from them since . Have had to call and chase it up myself. No one can tell me where the repair part is.....It's a brand new machine?? Online reviews confirm repair does not fix problem. No amount of air freshener is helping this smell and im getting headaches. Very disappointed I accepted this replacement.

Purchased in October 2019.

The link does not work

KathSamsung

That's odd, Kristie. As an alternative, you can also send us a direct PM to our Facebook page, or Twitter account as it is our best point of contact.

Vishal G.

Vishal G.

Great

Its a great machine, my previous one was Samsung too. Lasted me 9 years. The beauty of this is you have a lid where you can pause the Machine while in operation and put some clothes which I believe is great as compared to others which locks after starting operation.

Purchased at Bing Lee Online store for A$1,099.00.

SeepK

SeepKSydney, NSW

Fantastic Design!

This is a very smartly designed machine. It's great being able to add the odd forgotten sock once I've already started a load off. The slot is big enough to put a towel through which is handy.

The daily wash function runs for just an hour - great for water and electricity. You have the option to add steam cycles and easy iron which saves me a lot of ironing effort for my office wear.

I use the machine once a week and it worked perfectly for the first six months. Recently, though it hasn't been finishing off the washing cycle in the allotted time. It gets stuck , and I've got to reset the cycle in order to get the load completed.

Purchased in October 2018.

onin

oninPerth, WA

Used to be a good machine

I have this machine for over 2 years,with the good brand you will be expecting pay more right? Missus is very happy when we first got this but not after the drain motor /pump playing up.Sometimes its working but most of the time not.We have done the research about troubleshooting and we believe we've done all of this but still we have no luck.Call few technician asking for a quote to do the repair and we're surprised the cost, almost the same amount when we bought it.It could be happier if it last at least 5 years at least we've used it longer to cover the cost.But thats my thought anyway

Pam A.

Pam A.

Excellent easy to use front loader

This machine is clever in design and features. Being able to add an item to an already commenced wash is just one of the clever innovations. It offers a wash for black fabrics generating extra rinsing so no soap residue is left on clothes. It has a capacity of 8.5kg making it ideal for washing larger items or for bigger families. It has a steam cycle for baby wear and bedding, along with a bubble cycle for extra cleaning. Easy ironing option makes clothes less bunched up and crinkled. Every 40 washes it prompts you to initiate its quick self cleaning cycle. This machine lives up to its promises. My only negative would be there is a small lever that you use for liquid detergent but take out for powder. I’m hoping I don’t misplace it!

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$899.00.

Sandra

SandraIllawarra, NSW

First time front loader - so far so good

The Actual machine setup was great. Washing clothes is excellent, clothes appear to be cleaner and a quiet wash. Only complaint so far was the setup of the Smart Things wifi connection which was not easily understood.

mehdi n.

mehdi n.Sydney, NSW

disgusting smell coming from machine

I bought this machine 2 weeks ago, it's my first Samsung machine I have.
I used 3 different model of LG washing machine for last 10 years. I think this one is really better than those LG models, it's work smooth and quit. wash quality also is great.
Functionality is good.

Purchased in July 2019 at appliancesonline.com.au for A$669.00.

AdaSamsung

Hi Mehdi, this sounds like something our Support Team can assist you with. We recommend for you to contact 1300 362 603 so that we can look into this for you.

Jo

Loz S

Loz SSunbury

Great Machine

Upgraded to this machine after having a very basic machine and am so happy. The 8.5kg machine comfortably fits a large load and washes well. It's extremely quiet and love having the option on the 15 minute quick wash! Great water and energy rating and love that it has a small pop out door to add in those extra items after wash has started! The internal heater works great and the daily wash takes approx an hour, and with the option to bubble soak in wash it helps to rid those stubborn stains.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online.

Michael KEEGAN

Michael KEEGANSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Sensational Machine

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for A$829.00.

V Kelly

V KellySouthwest, VIC

Fantastic Machine! Delivers Everytime

We went from a top loader to front loader and I was hesitant.. however this has exceeded my expectations. I put everything into the machine, the variety of special settings is great, the time delay button means I can set a load to start an hour before I get home and the pause feature to add the odd socks etc through the little door during a cycle is brilliant.. and yes I use it all the time. The machine looks smart and is 50% quieter than the top loader - even during the spin cycle. The 8.5kg capacity is good for a family of 4 and easily fits our king size quilt for washing. Love this machine, am so happy with it.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$850.00.

Shirley

ShirleySydney, NSW

Quite a nice change from my old washing machine

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,099.00.

B1RD1E

B1RD1EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quiet and powerful

Clothes emerge cleaner than my 4 year old kiwi made washer.The bubble wash cycle is impressive as it the short 15 minute cycle.Rapid pre delivery , only 3 bolts
Very quiet operation.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$575.00.

mr nugget

mr nugget

Works good but need custom cycles

It cleans great but i it is a little noisy when filling up but it has a really fast spin speed and don't need much time in the dryer and cleans really well

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,300.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Faulty product that failed from day one

I purchased the Samsung WW95N64FRP Front loader washing machine with add wash a week and a half ago.

From the moment I used the machine the glass door began leaking at the join of where the add wash door meets the glass.

I’m appalled that a washing machine that is only days old has already failed.

The touch pad at the front is too sensitive. If your clothes or body touches the button you risk turning off the machine and then having to start with the load again wasting time, water and energy.

I will be contacting Samsung to escalate this.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

J.J.F

J.J.Fasked

AddWash Steam Front Loader

Why are my towels coming out hard

Anshul V.

Try using Fabric softner..
Comfort is what I use and been happy with it.
Also, check if your machine is connected with recycled water by any chance I think that might impact that as well..

MickSamsung

Hey there, you can try the following steps to see if this resolves your issue.

Add an extra rinse to your towels wash.
Lower the spin speed. Higher spin speeds tend to flatten the fibres and line drying doesn't fluff them back up, making them feel hard.
Add half a cup of white vinegar to the fabric softener dispenser (don't be tempted to use fabric softener, as this will lower the fabric's ability to absorb water).
Shake your towels out vigorously, or put them in the dryer on the cooling cycle for a few minutes before hanging them out to dry.
Take them off the line when still a little damp and finish them off in the dryer.
Dry the towel or cotton fabric under the shade
Follow wash care label and select the wash program

If you’re still having issues with your unit, you can contact us via Product reviews private message system but our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Mick

Craigasked

AddWash Steam Front Loader

I was wondering if anyone else's machine has cracked on the plastic frame on top of the machine? A crack appeared on the lhs and now the rhs too. Nothing has ever been put on top of the machine so its not from bearing weight. Its a bit strange and annoying

AdaSamsung

Hi Craig, we'd like to look into this. Would you be able to send us a private message to the link below?

messenger.com/t/samsungaustralia

Ada

Craig

Hi, the link doesn't seem to work

Hi Craig. I have re-linked our private message link below:

As we are part of the Social Media team, we deal with our enquiries via our social channels only! I would highly recommend deleting the above comment with your email as this is a public forum.

Donna Kasked

AddWash Steam WW85K54E0UW (8.5kg)

hi just wondering if this machine heats internally or does it have a hose to connect to hot water. Thanks

Dimitri

It heats internally, only had to connect to the cold tap. I wasnt aware when i bought it, and thought where is the second outlet!!! and then i realised only cold tap! So far, we have been very happy with the machine.

Donna K

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives