Scanpan Classic Knife Sharpener

Scanpan Classic Knife Sharpener

See the Best Knife Sharpeners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bicanoo

Bicanoo

A little overpriced as others can do a similar job. But does an excellent job.

Definitely a great tool for keeping your knives super sharp. This goes perfectly with the Scanpan carbon steel knives and can be used to produce a razor sharp edge. The three grades take about a minute to get through. The lighter you pull the sharper the edge.

Purchased in May 2018 at eBay.

Unhappy

UnhappyPerth, WA

Don’t waste your money!!!!

This does not work at al! It will make your knives worse. Terrible but I am so upset with this product , I have ruined 2 knives because of this . I can not believe they would sell something like this to the public

Purchased in July 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse WA for $49.99.

Connie

ConnieAustralian Capital Territory

Best knife sharpener ever

This came with a set of Scanpan knives which I purchased in 2015. I've used it consistently on my Scanpan knives and cheaper knives as well. It's the best knife sharpener I've ever had and safe and easy to use as well.

Purchased in December 2015.

Customer

CustomerBrisbane

Don't buy

My knives don't sharpen when I use this product. I have looked online for a manual which can't be found and have contacted Scanpan 3 times and they won't bother to respond. It was a waste of money buying this product and they are a terrible company to not deal with. Go to a good store and get a recommendation from the staff for a decent product so that you don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

RMB

RMBVic, 3133

Makes the process of sharpening easier and more consistent

Having read the other reviews, I can only imagine others have not read the instructions or have utilized poor technique. This tool will sharpen and hone consistently well, as long as you use it properly. I use it on a Wusthof and a Victorinox, as well as other lesser knives. Good results every time. Make sure to only ever put a cleaned knife through it though, not the easiest thing to clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

glenina

glenina

Only a dish washer can wreck a blade as well as this.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

knives were worse after sharpening attempt

I thought I had used the wrong slot for a fine edge hone , back to the instructions, nope right slot but my knives were becoming blunter and pitted with each attempt. Discarded, never to be used again. not just a waste of money but near destroyed the fine edge on my carving knife.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Scanpan knives badly pitted

Not sure of it is solely die to the first stage sharpener, maybe the dishwasher had something to do with it but suffice it to say my knife set is so badly pitted I am throwing them away....unless someone has a solution?

Asking for my money back

I followed the instructions but it didn't sharpen a blunt knife. After putting a knife through it that I had sharpened with an old Steel, it actually ended up blunt.
King of Knives were very understanding and refunded my money. It is now back to the old Steel.

Damages Scanpan Knives

The knife sharpener should only be used for it's lower two stages. the top stage has tungsten blades and due to the brittle steel in the scanpan knives it has actually made a pitted edge!! very upset about this as I was trying to take good care of what was for me a very expensive knife purchase.

And for the record the knife was held at a steady even angle and drawn throught the sharpener (not roughly sawed at!)
can sharpen a slightly dull knife
damages your knife

michellek22

michellek22St Marys

Scanpan Knife Sharpener

Item is absolutely fantastic ... provides excellent edging on all knives; easy to use; easy to store and sharpeners are hygenically protected. Have had other sharpeners before (some of them much more expensive than Scanpan) and none of them have been as easy to use or store. As usual Scanpan has provided a top quality item at a great price.
quality & colour choices

Lillady
Lillady

Worthlessjunk

WorthlessjunkGeelong

"Nearly" as good as a new knife.

The Scanpan knife sharpener was able to sharpen my Mundial knives to a satisfactory sharp edge. Instructions were easy to follow which made it quick and easy. Some of my knives were very blunt so i was pleasantly suprised that they were able to be brought back life again. Thanks
Very easy to use. The 3 stage process creates a sharp edge. For the price, money well spent.
Not a razor sharp finish.

TheGiantGirl

TheGiantGirl

Compact unit keeps knives beautifully sharp without the cost of professional knife sharpening.