Scoot

Scoot Questions & Answers

16 questions from our users

Dave

Daveasked

I've tried multiple times to check-in on-line but get an error message that I have to go to the counter. Why can't I check in to get my Boarding Pass?

Blazia
Blazia

they want to weigh all of your bags first to make sure you're within their restrictions

DKDC

DKDCasked

Can you do web check-in and print your boarding pass at home for a direct flight from the Gold Coast?

velvetchickasked

Why isn’t online check in available for passengers travelling from Melbourne?

Traveller W

You can’t check in online if you have a connecting flight

velvetchick

I don’t have a connecting flight unless there’s something i’m not aware of. I’m flying straight to Singapore

Traveller W

Sorry about late answer if you don’t have a connecting flight only other stop on the online check in is if you book through an agent if that isn’t the case sorry I cannot see any reason for non online check in

pachar s.

pachar s.asked

Can i add my luggage to the flight now?

Jashan Randhawa
Jashan Randhawa

yes you can. go to scoot app on your phone and select manage my booking option,
than enter your booking reference no and from there onwards next screen will show you options to add luggage for different prices.

rosalie a.

rosalie a.asked

Flying with toddler am i allowed to bring snacks and drinks for my son?

Robert R.

Robert R.asked

booked 3 flights, can i cancel or change dates, persons without loss of total ticket?

Chris C.asked

OMG I am now terrified, we are travelling next week with Scoot and after reading all your comments I am terrified!!!! Is there anyway we can take our own bottled water on board and maybe our own snacks? I think I will try and pack my luggage in my carry on bags. We will make sure we are first inline at check in, hopefully our luggage makes it. Any "Good News" stories? Anyone? Please?

Sparky
Sparky

Hi Chris.C dont be terrified, what ever you do just keep in mine Scoot got very bad customer service and if they over charge you for something dont even bother trying to get the money back. Their staff in Singapore will tell you to ring call centre. Call centre will pass the buck on if they pick up, and you just go around in circles. Scoot is own by Air Singapore but work nothing like air Singapore. You wont be able to bring bottled water pass custom so dont waste your time. You can buy water once you clear custom and yes you can bring snacks also bring a neck pillow for your own comfort. Next time try flying jetstar customer service is much better. Dont eat Scoot food on the plan is cheap. I fly business class with them last trip because I needed the flight and promise not to fly with them ever again. Hope you have a great holidays.

Chris C.

Thanks so much for answering me Sparky. It is greatly appreciated. Thank goodness we are only flying one way, 2 sectors but with a stop over in between, so all good. The reviews are soooo bad!! how do they keep in business??? They already cancelled me once and I fought it, then they have changed time & day of flight twice, but I have just adjusted oir holiday to suit. We will have a great holiday, Thankyou.

Cisco
Cisco

Scoot was fine. It's not Singapore Airlines, but it was extremely affordable. You get what you pay for and I thought they did a good job

Jamos

Jamosasked

Hey all..! How is it that Scoot can promise to call you back if the line drops, then they drop the call, then they don't call you back, then you call them back, and sit on hold for 25 minutes, then you ask every day for them to call, and then they still haven't called back in over 3 weeks, even when they know the urgency of the booking? What can we do to get service? It seems their 40% off promotion is a scam.. any suggestions folks? is there anyone worth reporting them to, or do I just have to post this on more sites everyday until they offer what they promised? Thanks everyone!

Couture B

Couture Basked

Hi, will be going to Athens via sin using scoot this 1st Aug-13th Aug. I’m concerned about the wildfire which is going on and are still happen in Athens. Is the flight still flying or do scoot will let us know if it is not safe to go there right now? because i didnt receive any news from the airline so i expected everything is fine.

Fitnesspm
Fitnesspm

I suggest you visit http://smartraveller.gov.au

A.G.asked

On January 9, 2018 I was made to pay 131 euros for checked baggage by Scoot at the airport. That was one suitcase of 14 kg. The receipt I was given specified 20 kgs. When I made the booking, there was no information about checked baggage fees on the online booking site. Later, I had a good look at the Scoot website but didn’t see any information relevant to my case. Even if I had, I wouldn’t have been able to change the booking without incurring a cancellation fee.Scoot, after denying responsibility, suggested I “coordinate with Expedia with regards to [my] concern on the lack of information upon booking”. How legitimate is it for airlines to have hidden charges or conditions passengers don’t have easy access to especially at the time of the booking? What’s the point of going to the trouble to find a low-budget airfare when the exorbitant extra fee cancels it all out? I would appreciate any helpful advice about what course of action I should take.

James
James

Write to the Australian ombudsmen for aviation however if it was flight for Greece to Singapore you could try the EU one. Singapore ombudsmen is toothless

A.G.

Thank you, James. I'll follow your advice and fill you in on any developments.

Shan

Shanasked

What currency does scoot accept on board Syd to Singapore?

mj.
mj.

Singapore Dollars or Aud (better rate SGD)

Rita Noritah

Rita Noritahasked

Hi. I did not buy any checkin luggage. But Im travelling with my 33mth old toddler. can I checkin my baby stroller?
Do I still have to by the checkin weight for my stroller?

Chris G

Hi Rita, normally with most airlines stroller should not be considered as a luggage. As you can push it all the way till you board the plane. But I would double check with Scoot as they are a budget airline.
Regards,
Chris

D Tasked

Does Scoots not entertain claim of damaged baggage?

Chris G

Hi DT, not sure about it better check with airline.
Regards,
Chris

D T

Hi chris, i think scoots only interested in selling seats but not when it comes to having to pay out.....no reply or whatever from the department xoncerned.....rubbish dept

Hammer1962

Hammer1962asked

If i miss a flight what do i need to?

Bridh
Bridh

Choose another airline

Jean

Jeanasked

I'm travelling from Gold Coast to Bangkok, with a single entry tourist visa for 60 days, I am planning to extend my visa 30 days, I only have a one way ticket, and call the Thai consulate to ask if I needed a return but they said no. The reason is that I am not sure exactly how I will stay in Thailand and if I am going to leave from North Thailand or South, or even if I'm going to go to Myanmar after 2 months. I read some reviews online that you need a return to board the flight. Does this apply to scoot airline from the Gold Coast? Thank you please give me a short answer.

neil
neil

You can travel into Thailand on a one way Ticket yes ! i did it few months back no hassle ,

sheik

sheikasked

If I cancel the flight do you refund back?

disgruntled
disgruntled

they will refund to you with really big cut from original payment you have made, and you can use your refund as a voucher, a voucher that you can only use it in flyscoot.com, not to mention you need to follow their T&C for using the voucher, heed my advice, stay away from scoot, they are pure scammer

Kenneth Banguis
Kenneth Banguis

most budget airlines will punish you for any changes you make.

Rule no.1 never use budget airline if you are trying to make a tight time line, i.e connecting flights.
and second make sure you get your details of your booking reviewed before buying like making sure you have the right names
requirements (baggage and meals) and lastly that you get your dates right.

Don't ever use their insurance and make sure to check that its not automatically included.

As for cancelling you will lose out.