3.7

64% · 94 · 29%

3.5
Smell
1.0

DAVE
DAVESydney, NSW19 posts

Spray on Oven Cleaner

This product is fantastic. Used as instructed, my oven in the last 4 houses I lived in were left with a mirror finish. Only thing is, and this is so important. It's so toxic that if you don't tie a shirt of something over your mouth & nose, tied behind your neck to use it and do the scrubbing, wiping and quadruple rinsing, you'll cough & choke your guts up. Because it's aerosol it's worse on the lungs that way. Better off with the same gel product. Show details ·  1
Farmer Dave 4 posts

Best product I've used

As some have said, it does have a harsh odor and can be corrosive to skin etc. But it cleans remarkably well and makes a tough job much easier. I recommend preheating oven to 90 wear gloves and eye protection. Show details
Smell
ashpete02
ashpete02Hobart, TAS21 posts

WabsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

WASTE OF MONEY

I bought these because I thought they would work without the fumes of other oven cleaners. My oven isn't really dirty, just a bit on the glass of the door & the racks. I wiped & wiped & scrubbed the door & nothing happened. I don't have the patience to bend over for 3 hours, if that worked at all, just to clean the oven door. The only thing they cleaned which had hardly anything on it was the bottom of the oven. Into the bin they go. Show details
Sam
Sam

Amazing

This is the best oven cleaner I've ever used. Spray on and leave overnight wipes clean. Does hand odor and dont get on your skin but so worth it. Easy as Show details
Donna Stevens
Donna StevensCentral, SA2 posts

Don't Use

Just used on my oven ( I am a huge fan of Selley's products).The smell is of the chart-Need N95 mask & chemical gloves, no children or pets inside.Best give this a miss. Show details
5 star Clean
5 star CleanGippsland, VIC4 posts

Best that comes out of a tin

Selleys Oven cleaner, is a good oven cleaner, it does have it's drawbacks.
1) It does have quite a strong smell, you must open your doors and windows.
2) if it does contact the skin it will burn.
Wear long gloves.

If you can see past these 2, then this is the best Oven Cleaner from the supermarket.

Mel
Mel

Incredible clean, but strong smell

This is my go to oven cleaner. My best advice is to leave it on overnight. Then it's pretty much just a wipe clean, I don't have to scrub my oven at all.
It is very caustic though, don't breathe it in! Use gloves too as it's awful if it touches your skin.
Other products are less harsh, but just don't do the job that this does. Show details
Vix
Vix

Over powering

Product was working ok but it's smell was so overpowering was making us feel sick within 10 minutes and house was well ventilated. Very hard to get smell out of oven as well even after rinsing multiple times. Would not recommend this product Show details
Haley
HaleyBrisbane

Terrible! Awful! Useless! What a waste!

It's good for a handful of sprays and then it doesn't work. I ended up googling it and encountered reviews that said the same thing. Do not waste your time and money on this! It will only end up in anger and frustration trying to get it to spray! Even those handful of sprays I managed to get out of it was weak. Not much came out! Once again, do not waste your money on this awful product!

Shana j
Shana j

Takes your breath away

Works fantastic on removing burn on grim but it is so harsh to breath in. It is truly terrible.

I want use again. You need a full respiratory mask. No good for asthmatic

shootingstar
shootingstarSydney Surrounds, NSW150 posts

Did the job!

This is a great product!

Thought nothing could clean my oven & wasn't expecting the excellent result I got.

I almost used a full can on oven but it was well over due for a clean!

I highly recommend this product.

Tim
Timrocky2 posts

Works Very well

This product works exceptionally well. Made my oven and racking look like new. Does have quite an odor, but its worth it. You can clean your oven 2-4 times with one can.

Tania64
Tania64NZ2 posts

Amazing!

I would never, ever, ever go back to any other product. It works really well and is fast working. Does an amazing clean and subsequent cleans are heaps easier and faster. It leaves all other oven cleaners for dead. Be prepared for less hours of scrubbing! A fantastic product that I will use forever.
No hard scrubbing needed, just spray and leave overnight. What use to be an hour long job now takes only 15minutes
It does contain Caustic Soda so very powerful for the nostrils! Cover your face well and spray fast!