Verified🏆 2024 Award

89% · 322 · 6%

Smell
3.7
Effectively removes grease
Doesn't have chemical smell
Easy to coat oven surfaces

David Painting Co
David Painting CoSydney, NSW3 posts

The best oven cleaner ever

This is the BEST product I have ever used on my oven. Had baked in dirt and grime and tried to remove it by times.
This is the one and only product that I would recommend to friends and family.
No more dirty oven shame! Show details ·  1
DAVE
DAVESydney, NSW19 posts

Best Oven Cleaner I've ever used

This product is fantastic. Used as instructed, my oven in the last 4 houses I lived in were left with a mirror finish. Only thing is, and this is so important. It's so toxic that if you don't tie a shirt of something over your mouth & nose, tied behind your neck to use it and do the scrubbing, wiping and quadruple rinsing, you'll cough & choke your guts up. Show details
Smell
gayle wilson
gayle wilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD42 posts

What was Selleys thinking?

I purchased the Selleys oven cleaner via a recommendation. What a mistake!

I was enticed by the non-aerosol product and the applicator. The product is low fume as well.

What had disappointed me was the so called applicator. It does not work.

To use the silicone applicator means the solution keeps coming out. There is no cut off so why have it if you cannot use it? The solution also comes out too quickly so I use a silicone pastry brush to move the solution around.

This liquid is very thin and so runs off where you need it to stay to dissolve the baked on grease. Did Selleys actually test this product in an oven?

Do not waste your money on this product. Show details

VS B.
VS B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Extremely pleased

Followed the instructions. Warmed oven up, let it cool a little, then applied the gel thick to one wall. Came back 30 minutes later and with one wipe, took off 90% of the accumulated grease that had been building up for 5 years. It didn't take off everything, but I think another pass will.
Very little smell, which was the reason I chose to try this. Very pleased.
 Show details
Colin L.
Colin L.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

This is the only oven cleaner I use

I always use this product and I find it very effective. I apply it and then after 30 min wipe over it with a damp cloth, then mop it up with paper towel, then clean it off with warm soapy water and a cloth. Finally a final wipe over with warm water and a cloth. While it can be a bit messy there are no toxic fumes or smell. Show details
WolfieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
Jennifer
JenniferHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Very easy to use

Depending on how dirty your oven is, we found it to be a great product, couldn't fault it. Was very easy to use & very little smell. Highly recommend this product Show details
Martina P.
Martina P.Perth10 posts

This stuff is magic!

I wish I took a before photo because this oven cleaner works like magic. It took a few repeats but our 20 years old oven looks almost like new, it took layers of baked on grease and with very little effort. I'm impressed! Also it doesnt smell chemically. Show details
clcbeate
clcbeate6 posts

Excellent!

Happy,Happy,Happy to have found this one! For me it's the absolute Best! Little time needed and super clean! I promote it with my friends and Family and every where! Using other Selley Products now too! Show details
Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts

Scrubbing required- time consumes

Unlike oven sprays this requires more time and effort to clean .
It does not go just applying , leaving and washing .
Still some spots can stay specially at corners.
Oven sprays make foam and clean pretty much easily.I would rather go with Easy off clean or SELLEYS Oven Clean 4 Minute Fast Power Clean. Show details
ally
ally

Great stuff

I use this as I can't use the spray oven cleaner I find the fumes to much. This stuff is amazing little to no effort and my oven is as good as new with little to no smell.

ANGIE C
ANGIE CQueensland, 4124155 posts
Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC31 posts

Selleys Oven Plus Heavy Duty Gel

Excellent oven cleaner! This oven cleaner from Selleys comes in gel form. Easily cleaned oven racks and oven cookware without much effort. Requires a little scrubbing for hardened grease but comes up like new ! This product is better than the foam version of Selley’s oven cleaner because you can safely use it without inhaling harmful fumes.

Chan
ChanPerth31 posts

Always buy!

This is the best oven cleaner I have ever used. My Mum uses it and apparently "Mum knows best!" In this case yes she hit gold. Grease and grime wipes away so easily. The only down side was the smell, but if you want your oven to sparkle this is my go to product.!

thilfy
thilfy

Best oven cleaner in 20 years

Just used this on my filthy oven door. Spotless in around 20 minutes. Unbelievably easy to use and it works. No hard scrubbing but you need good ventilation and gloves.

Sue M.
Sue M.

Can I use sellers oven cleaner on a smeg oven?

gayle wilson

You can use on any oven however the product is rubbish

Betty P.
Betty P.

Where can I buy Selleys Oven Plus Heavy Duty Gel in Hobart?

Michelle
Michelle

So this stuff really is good - I always forget to clean my oven but its the door that is the most dirty. Do you just spray it on and leave or wipe off straight away. What is the best cloth to use to wipe it. Seems it has great reviews so just want to know best way to use it :)

Features:

• Selleys Oven Plus Heavy Duty Gel is an oven cleaner that removes burnt grease and grime from oven walls, floors and racks to help make them shiny and stop bacteria growth.
  • It has a brush head designed to easily and evenly spread the gel.
  • The oven cleaner is a caustic-based cleaner, helping easily loosen up grease.
  • It’s suitable for use on both ovens and certain types of cookware.
  • This formula has to be applied on warm surfaces.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this product removed most of the accumulated grease in their ovens, leaving them looking near new.
  • They also appreciated how the product didn’t smell bad, with some saying they didn't really notice a scent at all.
  • According to reviewers, it was easy to apply and coat oven surfaces with the product.
  • GTIN13: 9300697118677