SGIC Home Insurance

SGIC Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SGIC Insurance

1.8
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (6) · No (7)
gav
gavMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

One star is far to much

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Sarah
SarahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

abysmal service, and double talk

john
johnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

SGIC terrible Service, Was asked to prove hail storm happened in adelaide on the 28th of October ALSO!

ShaftedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

asked to prove there was a hail storm on the 28/10/2021 in adelaide

Adz75Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Buyer beware. Repetitive bad service from SGIC.

Hail storm in Adelaide 28/10/21. Damaged house and vehicle. Terrible service from SGIC. Major stress from vehicle claim which is now finalised but not to my satisfaction. Still waiting for an assessor to visit my house which has significant damage to it's ceilings. Cannot wait for this claim to be over so I can cancel, this being the last of my 6 policies with SGIC. SGIC do not care about their customers!! Worst experience as a customer in a very long time!!

Care TeamSGIC InsuranceSend a private message

Thanks for this review as well Adz75. you are able to dispute the decision if you are unhappy with it, please let the claims team know you would like the decision reviewed and the manager will lodge a complaint for you. ~Kaz

Jeff S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

PDS on Caravan Ins

Hi, It seems Iam not alone with getting bad service and complicated PDS, I read my PDS of June 2020 for Touring Caravan cover, On pg16 titled Liability Exclusions it states (1) will not cover an incident caused by an Animal, (2) not covered while attached to motor vehicle, (3) not covered if it becomes detached from a motor vehicle while in use, so not covered if a Roo hopes into the side of your van but your not covered any way because you had the van attached to a motor vehicle. ????. Then when I tried to sort this out I got the complete run a round. 3 phone calls, chat and Email. I now have my 7 policies of around10yrs with SGIC looking for a new home. Jeff

Unsure now

I have been with SGIC for about 20 years. Having read such horror reviews and about to take out home insurance on a new property I am now not so sure. I think I will shop around for a 100% Australian company with a better review rating.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Robadelaide sa

audacity

I find it hard to believe this Co.! After months of stress from their refusal to honour our claim for the collapsed ceiling, they had the audacity to write to me demanding the name of the Co. that repaired the ceiling that they refused cover on!!. As if they would ever get any more money from me or my family.. Good manners stops me from describing just how bad this Co. and its assessors are. I took my custom to another Insurance Co. and saved myself over $700.
A tip for long time users of one Co,. as we were, I believe if you have had the same policy for over five years you are paying almost double what you should be paying because of automatic increases. It's worth checking out.

Rob

Where we come from your reply is called a "Fur coat & No knickers" reply, in other words, all talk and no substance. I'm so glad we moved on from SGIC, it saved us heaps..

Chris
ChrisSoutheast, SA

Great Service

Cannot express enough just how wonderful the service was
Joanne whom I spoke with was friendly and very helpful
Went out of her way to follow up on a damage report for me
Received my payment with no fuss
Excellent Service...

Care TeamSGIC InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Chris, thanks for the great review! Glad we were able to meet your needs and we will continue to provide this service. ~Natalie

Andrew Dumas
Andrew Dumas

Wont pay our claim

Our fence was damaged by workers next door. Although helpful at first, after months of nothing their assessor later determined that we were lying about how it was damaged. And refused to repair it. We are now looking for a new insurer.

TSHSouth Australia

Thieves

Check your PDS, they will look for any excuse to not honour your policy. Save your money and go elsewhere. You won’t see a single dollar from these modern day thieves when the time comes to pay out a claim.

Care TeamSGIC InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Tsh, thanks for your review. If you are unhappy with your claims decision you can follow our complaints process at this link https://www.sgic.com.au/help-information/complaints-resolutions Hope this helps. ~Kaz

TSH

Have already submitted a request for a review. Thanks.

Shockingly poor communication and offering settlement for a fraction of claim amount despite evidence

Here is our Facebook link - https://go.sgic.com.au/2m59ChY. ~Natalie

Katie W.
Katie W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

SGIC is not the company it used to be

calaisPerth, WA

Sorry has no meaning, it become just a word!!!!

Unbelievably bad

The most hopeless people I have ever dealt with. They do not have a clue how to handle a claim. So many mistakes and they don't understand the basics of what needs to be done. I was shocked how bad they are since this is the first time I have made a claim.