Shannons Home and Contents Insurance

Shannons Home and Contents Insurance

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use Shannon’s they can’t conform to their PDS

The policy is good value but they choose to cover nil
It seems they can’t deliver on the pds, they want to only partially repair a third of a ground wooden floorboards from water damage don’t they realise mould get worse with time. Do not use this company bunch of corrupted incompetents

Property TypeTownhouse
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and Impact at Home
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019

MaggiMay

MaggiMayPeel, WA

Easy Claim process and quick settlement

We have had our Contents Insurance with Shannons for a few years and this is the first claim we've needed to lodge (thank goodness).
Everything went very smoothly with our recent claim. We were given advice on the process, what is required etc., to ensure there were no problems.
Yes, they did ask for the excess to be paid at the time of lodgement - but we expected that!
Our claim was settled within one (1) week! Can't do much better than that!
We would highly recommend Shannons for Contents Insurance.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJune 2019
mjm castlemaine

mjm castlemaineCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Hopeless insurance cover

They are quick to demand you pay your excess before they do anything else. Then they employ cowboys to do the work. You get no communication from them as to what is happening. You wait ages only the phone only to get someone who can't answer your questions. You have to go through multiple assessments to get anywhere. Then it takes months to get a pay out. Not happy Jan barely covers it. Will be changing companies as soon as all the mess is sorted and definitely will not recommend to anyone.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019

Not happy

My claim was rejected they say due to maintenance not storm damage been with you guys for years I didn’t want much a few thousand $ but your accessor never returned my calls and I just got passed from one to another

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Angry consumer

Angry consumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

I gave one star, only because I needed to in order to write a review

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Mat1311

Mat1311AU

Service was great - claims process could do with some improvement

Dee

DeePeel, WA

Great for Cars not for Houses

Why would you have a contents policy without accidental breakage. Why would this be an optional extra that you have to add to a policy?
You'd think it would included with the basics . Even if it was extra on the premium each month ... no they wait till you want to claim to tell you you don't have the cover...

Mispagan

MispaganMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

They have never let me down

So i pay around $100 a month and Im telling you its the best value. i have made 2 claims in the last year. they totally rebuilt my dinning room and lounge from the ceiling down due to rain damage and then last week our son burnt down our kitchen and the total is coming up to $50k and we are in a nice hotel while we get it all fixed.

Thank you Shannon's you guys rock!!!!

Not happy Jan

Not happy JanMelbourne

Horrible experience...

Making a claim

Rang to find out about a claim on some antiques that were accidentally broken, shocking response, after being with them for 4 years and paying high premium, only to be told we didn't take out accidental coverage, which was an added extra...don't go there.

Insurance claim madeNo

JamesCosgrove

JamesCosgroveAU

HArd to contact

Needed to cancel a policy, arranged for a call back, when they called back, was still put on hold for a few minutes hearing advertising etc.
The idea of a call back is an operator is available now to take your call, not to be out on hold again.

Insurance claim madeNo

kelly050

kelly050SYDNEY

Affordable insurance

I am still with Shannons and have had no problems with the insurance policies so far for our house contents and vehicles

Skin

SkinSydney

Nightmare

We had to make a claim and has been nothing but trouble from the time there unqualified trades came to fix it has been over 3 months and the issue is not sorted do yourself a favour and go elsewhere once I finally get my claim sorted I will be gone the staff are rude and unhelpful

Contents theft

Unfortunately had to make another claim for theft of contents this time, could not have asked for an easier experience this time no jumping through hoops, no red tape straight into it, had the assessment done within 48 hours, claim was being acted on within a week of incident, very happy with there service this time, if it was only this easy all the time well done Shannon's.

No Idea How To Communicate & Are Good At Procrastinating

Absolutely disgraceful service

Home insurance claim, so had local builder look at issue. Shannons assessor agreed on site with builders findings, then provided different findings to Shannons , allowing them to disallow claim. Then spent over 110 minutes on numerous telephone calls trying to get them to return my calls, hasn't happened. They are obviously either incompetent or corrupt in how they deal with their assessor and claims. I believe they pay assessors to deny claims and save the company money.

All good

All goodNew South Wales, 2250

Useless

AAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAU

Great .. Unless you need to make a claim then be prepared to spend half your life on hold with them

Gai

GaiAU

Does anyone at Shannons what to help me?

In September 24 2011 my house was broken into. To date I still haven't received a computer or my $23000.00 jewellery reimbursement. Shannons has no experience in dealing with home insurance. I'm still waiting for it to be resolve. Any suggestions?

Unprofessional, not returning calls, lack of information. Still trying to resolve claim