See the Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Karen

KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a waste of money

I have had this product for a few years - maybe 4. It's hardly had any use as I have wooden floors and only use it on my rugs and, although it has a hard floor attachment, it does not clean the floors to my expectation. So, for a product to have had relatively very little use, for it to stop working properly is not acceptable. I'm not even going to ring Sharp to have it replaced under warranty because I don't want another one. I few weeks ago, the long wand kept getting blocked ..... I'd clear it and it would happen again. It appears that the motor has lost it's ability to suck the dust any further up the wand and into the dust canopy. I'm going to Kmart to buy something that works.

Purchased in August 2015 at Godfreys for $300.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Rarely
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet

Bella

BellaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still have my 2!

Purchased in August 2013 for $499.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

GlendaRYANSTON

Divideded

I'm not sure if i am 100% happy with this product i find it blocks really easily and the roller on the bottom tends to not roll when its full..i loved all the attachments that i purchased with it car detailer ect i use it everyday..i purchased the shark lift away that i had for years prior that i loved but just dont think this model is as good

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Mrs Watson

Mrs WatsonChatham

I should have bought Dyson!

Both floorboards and carpets. It's practical to dismantle and clean but after less than 2 years does not suck and keep dirt any more: It sucks it and then expels it. So I end up with floors and carpets full of dirt of all kinds after using it. Maintaining the filter and other parts of the machine clean of any dirt makes no difference to its performance. Definitely poor value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Cathy

CathyAdelaide

Don’t waste your money

I purchased this vacuum as I previously owned a shark navigator lift away ( great vacuum as far as suction but I have literally had to rebuild and cover the entire hosing throughout the vacuum with duct tape as the hoses keep splitting). The rocket was a huge disappointment and I have persevered for 12 months but it has not got any better. I have hard floors (timber) and it is terrible. The head vibrates - supposedly beating the carpet to remove dust which is useless for hard floors. On my rugs it is no better it took me over an hour to vacuum a 240 x 120 rug to remove pet hair (and it wasn’t that hairy). Suction is terrible, performance overall terrible. Don’t waste your money on this vacuum. 0 stars.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Archy

ArchyAdelaide

Fantastic, better than my previous dyson

Best Vac I have had being a pet owner, so many great attachments, it sucks up everything and is easy to empty/clean! I am still getting loads out of the carpet from the previous tenants that lived here, so glad I purchased this machine, highly recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use and powerful machine

Celloman8

Celloman8Hawthorn

Got this instead of the Dyson

We have a puppy and reading others review about how effective they are for pet hair, we went with this over the Dyson and never looked back. I cant really think of better machine for spot cleaning and its just brilliant on the stairs. Easy to use and easy to empty out. Highly recommended to all!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Bridget

BridgetHobart

Absolutely brilliant vacuum

I use this vacuum on both hardwood polished floor boards and it’s absolutely perfect for both. Love all the different attachments for the vacuum. I have a new lounge and the motorized head for cleaning the lounge is great. The whole design of the vacuum is great it’s easy to use and cleans floor to ceilings beautifully. Would highly recommend

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Della

Della

Wonder why its been discontinued !

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Not exactly what I was looking for

I am happy with the suction power works on all floors. Like the light weight and easy to maneuver. However, not happy it does not have lights, absolutely don't like how to empty the canister and don't like how I have to release the wand. low rating on the product

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Isabel

IsabelNsw

Good vacuum

I purchased this vacuum cleaner in April 2018.
It is still a good vacuum cleaner but you have to hand wash the microfibres cloth after every use when you vacuum hard wood floors or it won’t vacuum properly the next time you use it.
I have a pet that lives indoors 50% of the time and I don’t know if that makes a difference.
Over all a good vacuum.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Lydia

LydiaMelbourne

I love it

I’ve done a lot of research about selecting the right vacuum before I found shark rocket HV 320. Couldn’t be happier about my choice. I like its compact design and strong suction. It’s easy for me to maneuver and runs smoothly on my carpet. I am also a fan of the limited amount of space it takes to store and the ease with which it can be transformed from floor vac to handheld and back.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Ok for hair, not for dirt.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Dianne and Chris

Dianne and ChrisMaffra

Very disappointed that it started out well but finished badly

The performance was fine until the hose in the power head split. Loss of suction and blocking up all the time. Was easy to maneuver. Was used on two carpet pieces approx 2mtres x 2metres, and 2 rooms of tiled floors of average size. Performance had been diminishing over time until we realized what the problem was.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Triumph64

Triumph64Melbourne

Powerful And Works Well

This vacuum is an absolute powerhouse and does everything those Dysons do without the crazy price tag. When I first opened it I though oh-oh its made from cheap plastic , but once I assembled it and turned it on, it was a different story. It is SO powerful for it size and the attachments make it useful is so many places. It really is a great little maneuverable vacuum

HsH999

HsH999Melbourne

Good value compared to dyson

Felt a bit flimsy at first, but its actually pretty sturdy and built well for the price. Would recomend if you don't want to spend loads on a vacuum but still want a fair bit of quality snd good suction. Fits really easily under the stairs too which is a plus!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

MSanderson

MSandersonBondi

So Good!

Love this machine. It actually does everything it claims to. Its really powerful, it has really handy attachments that you actually use. Good design, intuitive - and LIGHT! I bought it for my mum who's not so strong and mobile as she couldn't heft her big vacuum cleaner around anymore. She absolutely adores it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Mickaela

MickaelaCoffs Harbour

Excellent!

I was super impressed with the Shark Trupets performance. The super strong suction means the vacuum basically pulls itself! It has a really long power chord which makes multiple rooms easier. It is easy to carry. Works amazing on my carpet and has mutliple different attatchments which means it can clean hardwood too. Would highly reccomend.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great vacuum less than ordinary customer service.

As far as performance goes can't fault the vacuum, but the after sale service is terrible the motorised powerhead has gone (burnt out) i have had the vacuum at godfreys for assistance their repairer can't get the parts so emailed Shark no reply after two weeks so I rang them and waited on the phone for 30-40 minutes and then gave up, I emailed again it's now been two more weeks. Godfreys have told me the vacuum has a 5 year warranty so i'll be making a claim if I can catch up with this rather elusive company. I hold out very little hope, but i'll try.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Has had 3 power heads in 4 months

The power head has been replaced 2 times already and appears to be melting in the same location again after only 3-4 uses in our home...We are senior citizens with a 1700 sq ft home so I would not consider this as an abuse...previous Shark we owned lasted 4+ years so I felt comfortable buying another...would never buy another after this even though the head gets replaced free each time...eventually the warranty will run out and will be in the need of a new vacuum.