Sharp R210DW

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.9

Worked well, but paint peeling and rusting inside.

Neat little Microwave and has been well looked after. I noticed the paint on floor of oven was starting to break down and peel off. I contacted Sharp and they told me not to use it. Very disappointing and I won’t purchase any Sharp products again.

Purchased in September 2017 at Mitre 10 for $118.00.

Troy S.

Troy S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Never Buy a Sharp microwave

I would NEVER purchase a Sharp microwave or product ever again.
Paid extra money as I believed that Sharp microwaves were of a higher quality. How very wrong I was. Within 6 months of purchase the globe stopped working and within 8 months the microwave failed completely.
Sharp were contacted however their response was that they would not honour the warranty and I should pay to have this fixed myself.
BUYER BEWARE! Sharp products are not what they used to be and I personally will never waste my money on a Sharp product again.
Sharp need to re-evaluate quality and customer service as a priority.

Purchased in December 2019.

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simple to use

I recently purchased microwave after having to replace an LG Neo which only lasted six weeks. The Sharp microwave has all the basic functions that you require when heating or defrosting food. So far it heats evenly and the controls and auto functions are sufficient for anyone requiring a small microwave.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sue, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our concerned team. Have a good day.

Julia

JuliaSydney, NSW

Worst Product I Have Ever Had

Started to peel before the warranty ended. Sharp nor Harvey Norman will not do anything for me. I am 75 years old am the only one to use it for heating only and always wipe it with a soft cloth. Sharp has said it is not a manufacturing problem and is safe to use. I don't believe them. I spoke to NSW Fair Trading today and was informed that this is no longer a warranty problem but is now covered by Consumer Law. I am waiting for a response and if not happy Consumer Affairs will take over. Sharp Customer Service is virtually non existed. Do not buy this product

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Julia, thank you for contacting us. We have forwarded you details to the concerned team and they will be contacting you soon.

John

JohnPerth

It was a bargain and great product!

This microwave is very compact and good for small family. Used it almost every day and it has definitely does its job. Fantastic product, easy to use and pretty quiet when in use!

Purchased at The Good Guys for $75.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Tracy

TracyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Not just a compact microwave oven

1. This microwave oven is same as most other microwave ovens that it heats food through drying.
2. The controls are easy to use, just press the start button once for 1 minute and twice for 2 minutes etc.
3. It heats food evenly for food on a plate.
4. It cooks beautiful poached eggs using an egg cooking container from Reject Shop.
5. Experiences heating quick meals and meat pies are hassle free.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tracy, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Have a good day.

Eleni C.

Eleni C.Albany

I would buy one again

This microwave is really good for a small family or couple. I use this microwave everyday and so far have not had a single problem with it! It can be a little slow defrosting foods such as meat but things such as melting butter takes no more than a minute. The microwave has quite a few features some of which I still haven't used but I really like how it has express defrost and normal defrost button.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Eleni, thank you for your feedback. We will pass your feedback on to our product team. Have a good day.

AAY

AAYMelbourne

Fantastic Small Microwave

Great little microwave and does the job. Used for a 2 bedroom apartment and does not take too much space. Predominately used to heat warm bags and at times small meals. Relatively quiet when in use. Is definitely small and would only be suitable for down sizers etc, i.e. not a growing family. Good value for money at $97.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, Thank you for your purchase and review of the product.It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day.

MickyDiV

MickyDiVAU

Perfect for what we needed.

This little microwave is exactly what we needed to fit into a small space. It is very efficient and does exactly what ir is supposed to do albeit it would be a little small for a large growing family. We have now had 3 Sharp microwaves and all of them have been excellent and never failed. Highly recommend the Sharp brand for any prospective buyers.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear MickyDiv, thank you for your time in providing feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a lovely day.

Find out how Sharp R210DW compares to other Microwaves

Perfect for a small kitchen

Nice and compact, takes a little longer to heat things as it is only 750 watt so bear that in mind if you aren't patient. I have previously had a Sharp microwave and am happy I stayed with the brand. Perfect for a small kitchen and heating up your dinner etc.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. Have a good day.

Attorney

AttorneyPerth, WA

A great small microwave

Our old Sharp Carousel R240E microwave stopped working. After some research online, we bought this small microwave (750W) two weeks ago for $97 from Harvey Norman. We have been using it everyday and it is as good as the old Sharp (800W). It is a smaller and lighter microwave. We mainly use the microwave for reheating meals from the fridge and warming up a cup of water. Highly recommended if you want a small microwave.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. Have a lovely day ahead. Cheers, Sharp Australia

ThanhTM

ThanhTMQLD, 4059

Good price, small and easy to use

Good price, small and easy to use, it is not easy to find the similar good one with this price of $60.
It is a good basic microwave, the price is reasonable, small consumption with only 750W,
Clean and tidy looking, both on the inside and outside.
it suits to family of 4.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi ThanhTM, thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers. Have a good day.

babyfifi

babyfifiSydney

Small and easy to use

This is a great small microwave. I actually use it in the bedroom for small items that need reheating - baby bottle sterilising etc. It’s so neat and convenient it fits under and within our small bedside console.

Not noisey and clean and tidy looking, both on the inside and outside.

Wouldn’t recommend it for heavy duty use, but idealin small spaces.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for the review. Have a lovely day.

Adam

AdamSydney

so glad i choose this one

as it most time the case you have to buy something new because something broke.
However it was before xmas and our microwave bought and needed to buy a new but didnt wanted to spend so much money.
choose this sharp one and so happy about it.
its working now since over 1 year and longer as i expected it will work and no issues with it. intact i am so happy. working fine. no funny noises as my previous one.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
sween64

sween64Melbourne

It's a Microwave. It works. Good Value.

I don't use fancy settings on microwaves I just press start and go. This has a one button start for 1 minute on high which is awesome. Or press it twice for 2 minutes etc. It's only 750W so things can take awhile to heat up. A good basic microwave.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

nica80

nica80WATSON

No probs

This is the only one we could find to fit in the space in our cupboard. Seems much hotter than our old one. Always use 70 per cent power or so esp for kids food. Quite small inside as well as out. Simple to use, no complicated buttons on it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
hokianga

hokiangaGippsland, VIC

Great little microwave can take hard use.

Good for small kitchens, warms food fine, we now have 4 of these in our cabins and guests find them easy to use.
Would not be very good for a large family but for guests just needing to reheat a meal or warm a microwaveable meal from the supermarket they are suited to the purpose.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
John

JohnSydney

Small but good

I bought this microwave last year when it was on a special sale. It is a little bit small, but it works well. I love to use it because it is easy to use for all its cooking features. It is good for reheat food and even cook frozen food.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
vc15

vc15Brisbane

It does it's job

It is a small entry range microwave, but it does everything well as advertised.
It is very easy to use, and plenty of power and cooking features are there to use.
It isn't the biggest microwave, therefore cooking on it could be a little difficult, but reheating wise it does its job very well and efficiently.
It is a very good value microwave that I would recommend to everyone.

Date PurchasedSept 2016