Sharp R395FS

Buying Guide Banner

Steve

SteveAlbury

Good Unit

Have had this oven now for 15 years and with a family it gets heavy use and only now it has to be reset at the powerpoint at times. Has been sturdy and still looks good.

Dawn Tarrant

Dawn TarrantSouth East Queensland, QLD

15 years and still going strong!

Unbelievably we have had ours for about 15 years! We have also had the occasional loss of display but always returned after rebooting so no real problem. The only reason i’m writing this - checking out how to replace a light as ours has died -Weirdly not the microwave it soldiers on brilliantly, just the light like the previous guy. $20 and on we go!! Couldn’t ask for a better product.

Snoop

SnoopMelbourne

Still going strong after 10 years

I must say that this has been a great microwave for what was middle of the range pricing.
Very easy 1 press instant cook, or 2 step pre-programmed defrosting and cooking!
Admittedly the LED display went through a period where it would disappear every now and then, but that hasn't happened for a couple of years now!
The light globe finally died this week, so I'm debating whether I open it up to fix it (no easy access to globe) or it's time to just get another one!!!
I highly recommend it for it's price!
Very easy to use, 1 press cook, Easy defrost modes, Doesn't feel flimsy, still going strong!
Display would disappear every now and then! Light globe should have a separate easy to access panel!

Sharp
Sharp A.Sharp

Ben58

Ben58MELBOURNE

Broken already

The start button has broken already. It took about two years to go. Furthermore, the microwave slips back gradually as buttons are pressed. Also, not the best quick use option. Q w e r t y u i o p a s d f g h j k l z x.
Nothing
Unrealiable

Good value for money

Just died yesterday and have had it for 6 years and used almost everyday for mostly re-heating and defrosting. Display has had no problems. Found it to be a lot more powerful than our friends that have LG and Samsungs. The instant cook button is a fantastic feature 1 press for 1 minute, not 30 sec like other brands. Would buy another one.
Ease of use One touch start
Nothing, old age got it in the end and it died after 6 years

zhiho

zhiho

Unreliable lemon

We bought this unit when we renovated our kitchen, the integrated housing looked quite good in the shop and the whole thing looks well integrated into the kitchen. The performance however has been sub par
Looks good, seems quite powerful
Unreliable, keeps going dead intermittently which requires me to turn off at the power point (very difficult and annoying with an integrated unit!)

Disappointing after promising so much

The product gave good service for 2 years before its LED display failed and then the oven failed to heat up.
Originally reliable and a good looking appliance in or kitchen with its stainless steel fascia.
Overpriced and too short a working life with expensive service centre support.

Terrible

Don't buy sharp microwaves. The thing didn't even last 13 months and then sharp wouldn't look at it because it was out of warranty. I will never buy another sharp product - terrible quality and terrible customer care.

Died within one month of warranty expiring - sharp didn't want to know about it.

Terrible

Lcd screen failed in first week of installation, couldn't get a replacement unit, because i didn't ring within the first 7 days, the day it failed basically, since then this unit has spent 4 months at the repairers under warranty, it has had 3 lcd's and 2 touchscreens and 1 motherboard, had to buy a microwave fast for baby formula after old one died, bought this because it was a sharp, and will never buy sharp again.... Absolute piece of @#$%.
Looks great, stylish cover
Lcd failed after 7 days, have had lcd replaced under warranty 3 times, touch pad has failed twice and been replaced under warranty, absolute lemon

Terrible

Once the benchmark for affordable microwaves. They are no longer. Now cheap and nasty. I am renovating and will be installing a Bosch.
Powerful.
Display went after 6 months.

Terrible

After ten months of ownership I had enough of this model. While the microwave is on standby, the display clock intermittently locks up and pin pad stops working. The only way you can reset this is by turning off at the power point and then turn it on again. This happens again and again, despite four visits to an authorised Sharp repairer, having the pin pad panel replaced and cleaned, the problem still exists. Sharp know about the problem but will deny it exists and continues to fob off the poor consumer. In the end I returned it to the place of purchase and exchanged for a different brand.
Looks good, quite powerful
Spent more time in workshop under warranty than at home.

Brisbane Consumer

Brisbane ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK

Have only had this microwave for 2 months or so. Two times it has already gone dead, I simply turn it off at the power switch and this resets it. I see from other reviewers that this is a common problem. It was a fast decision to buy the microwave as I needed one to heat up baby formula and my old one suddenly died. If I had seen the reviews before hand I would not have bought it, I can't believe the problem everyone has!
Looks modern and sleek
Doesn't tell you what litre capacilty it has, simply call it mid size.

LA7578

LA7578Sydney, NSW

Terrible

I was on this website looking for a new microwave when I stumbled across other reviews about my microwave. I'm shocked others have the exact same problem I'm having. The display panel does not work. It used to "reset" after turning off the power. I have lived with only 1 button working for over a year now and now that button has gone kaput as well. DO NOT BUY this microwave. You will regret it. Good one Sharp. Lift your game.
Compact size
LCD panel does not work after a while.

Terrible

It is a complete dud. What is worse we installed it in a new kitchen with a trim kit. After paying to get it fixed a couple of times we gave up and bought the new model because the documentation said it would fit in our existing trim kit. Guess what it doesnt! This is misleading information. We will be pursuing this matter thru the consumer rights organisations. Dont buy anything from sharp!

The pinpad broke twice in little over a year. The flimsy plastic cover scratches easily

CoogeeGuy

CoogeeGuySydney, NSW

Bad

I would simply say, not value for money. The oven would cost $350 min to replace today. It should be expected to perform for at least 5 - 8 years depending on the use. It my case, it should of lasted for 10 years given I am a single male and the only person using it. Good design, poor performer.
My display worked fine and it was an easy to use microwave and good design
However, the oven only last some 3 years when it wouldn't work anymore. Given the price of the microwave I would not have expected it to pack it in within 3-4 years. I would of expected it to last longer as I am single and the only person using it.

OK

I only bought this unit to fit a space that was left by an old oven & griller, after the new oven went in. No other microwave would fit. I now need to buy another for my new house and have decided after these reviews not to buy another.
The look is great and it's rather big on the inside. It is also the only one of it's size to fit the space left of the old oven & griller one pieces.
The soft front door won't stand up to much use. We installed it with the trim kit and the microwave slides around a bit when you push the buttons - won't stay put.

Terrible

I totally regret this unit. Three times fixing the display unit. An ultra pile of rubbish designed with 2 cents. I am an electronic engineer and I KNOW WHAT I SAY !
Sad, very sad to see a brand of this name producing such fith quality product

ozjanemay

ozjanemayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad

When it works, it is a good microwave. I was very disappointed when the display died just out of warranty. It would have cost $150 to fix. Now the microwave isn't working either. It wasn't a cheap microwave and I wouldn't buy it again.
Looks good, 1100 power and large size
Display stopped working after 15 months. Died at 3 years old

savvygal

savvygal

Terrible

I chose this microwave as it had good features and all I wanted was a decent microwave that would cover the basics offer a few extra features eg. more/less button and BE RELIABLE!!! Was recommended Sharp microwaves by dealer for their quality and good name. Four days after installing it this microwave oven stopped heating! I should have checked this website first! It appears from these reviews that Sharp does not deserve it's good name and is getting just the opposite. I know when I return this microwave I won't be replacing it with another Sharp.
Looks good and has a reasonably big interior.
Soft outer cover on door is a big no no, way too flimsy.

Terrible

I thought I am just bad luck. Bought this microwave 4 years ago with LED, repaired twice and fading again. The keypad was completely out of order now. I am glad to see someone had the same problem as I had. I had to throw it out as it is not worth repairing.
Looks good