Shell Helix

Shell Helix

See the Best Engine Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

Helix Ultra 5w-40 with PurePlus technology

This came out as the first oil to use a new synthetic technology called GTL (gas to liquid) produced at the Pearl plant in Qatar, and marketed as PurePlus.

Nowadays quite a few other quality oils all over the globe make use of this base stock. This Shell oil has recently been reformulated in some markets (including Australia) and in my opinion it has lowered the amount of GTL being added. This is backed up with the fact that the oil has been dramatically lowered in price during specials something that I never noticed before.

I will continue to use it and monitor its performance into the future but am considering a switch to a different 5w-40 oil.

Purchased in March 2019.

Shell Helix 5w40

Shell is a massive oil company and I trust them to make a great product especially if they put their name on it. Other companies buy oil and market it. I have been using Shell, full and semi synthetic oil for years now. Four and two stroke. All great. I buy top shelf for my good vehicles and cheaper oil for my old bombs.

CarSuzuki Jimny 2012.

Good reliable engine oil

Engine runs smooth and quiet with the HX7 10W40. Good fuel economy also. I use it in all my vehicles being a 2007 Falcon, 2015 Elantra and a 2012 lancer. Trusted brand that i have used for decades. Recommended by top manufacturers. Use with confidence. Keeps my engines clean and protected.

Car2007 BF Falcon

Yusufs outdoorsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trusted oil brand

I bought several containers of this oil 10w40 grade, when it was on sale at Repco and Super cheap auto for 20 dollars for 5 lites a while back. I have used it in a few different vehicles and I haven't had any issues. The oil has the SAE specifications of sn/cf which is good as it meets the current requirements. It is one of the three brands I trust. I only use Shell, Castrol or Valvoline nothing else. The brand of oil is a reptuable one and are well known so most car manufacturers are OK with using it. Overall I am happy with this product.

CarFord falcon, Honda civic, Toyota camry, Mazda 6

Moe

MoeTasmania, 7320

Feels better with my Mazda 121

Started using this engine oil at my last service and the engine feels much smoother. It has a cleansing technology , or at least that's what it says on the box!, which might be great at cleaning the engine deposits! I highly recommend it to anyone using old cars like mine!

CarMazda 121 Metro

watcha

watchaAU

Great oil! Definitely worth the extra couple of $$$

Swapped to shell helix around a year ago and found immediately that the car ran smoother and was a heap quieter on startup. Shell reckon that there is around a 3% fuel economy gain so that offsets the small extra you pay. I was told shell supplies Hyundai ex factory, so it's good to stick with the factory oil even though I service myself

CarHyundai i30

Helix Ultra ECT C3 5W-30 Saab 9-5

Car2002 Saab 9-5 2.3L Turbo

Ralph Hamilton. (Hamilto

Ralph Hamilton. (HamiltoRedbank

Shell Helix HX& 10W40

Car89LD Astra; 59Inter B250 tractor; LJ Torana GTR; Current; 2006Holden Rodeo 2.4L petrol Ute.
zuihoujueding

zuihoujuedingAU

Engine oil with the best cleaning agent package

Used this oil on my previous 88 integra. It does its job, however did not feel any extra throttle response, or better mileage.
But one thing for sure is the cleaning ability.
The components when looked through the oil filler cap used to have a light yellowish/brownish tint to it. After just one oil change of the 5W-40, ran 5000km and its all back to shiny silver!

No other brands have cleaning agent package as good as the Helix Ultra.

pwo128

pwo128NT, 820

Ultra Extra 5W-30 - Good oil

My dealer uses Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5W-30 fully synthetic oil in my X-Trail TL Diesel. The M9R engine in the X-Trail is very fussy with oil requirements in that it must be fully synthetic and it must meet ACEA-C3 standards to be suitable for the Diesel Particulate Filter.
Shell Helix is an excellent oil - it maintains a clean engine and it seems to suit the DPF-fitted diesel very well. Highly recommended.
Not the most expensive, high quality, good cold starting in Winter
Nothing, really.

Ardwin S.

Ardwin S.asked

Can I use Shell Helix HX7 5w40 to my TMX motorcycle?

Mykolas S

Mykolas Sasked

Can I use this oil in motorcycle?

Yusufs outdoors

No do not use it. It's for cars only. For motorcycle's use the correct motorcycle oil.

Suzukisan
Suzukisan

If it's an expensive bike and bike oil is readily available then I would buy that. If it is still under warranty then no. But if it's a cheap run of the mill bike and you are a days drive from a shop then yeah why not.

Bikerinpursuit   Bribie

Bikerinpursuit Bribie asked

Can you use shell helix hx7 10w40 in
Wet clutch motorcycles?

Yusufs outdoors

No I would not use it. I would use the oIL that is specied for motorcycles it make work OK but I would not risk it.

Yusufs outdoors

No I would not use it. I would use the oIL that is specied for motorcycles it may work OK but I would not risk it.

Ok , i have heard that it is ok in a wet clutch use , but i thought i would put the question out there to see if anyone has actually used it and how it went with a wet clutch motorcycle .

Thanks .