3Shun Classic Series

Shun Classic Series

3Shun Classic Series
3.6

57%14%29%
Brand Manager for Shun ? Claim your listing.

Adz
Adz3 posts

Best knives I have owned

I had my 6 piece set now for six months. The smallest knife get the most use, multiple times a day and I’m now thinking of getting it sharpened. They are just such a joy to cook with. Show details
Cassandra R.
Cassandra R.Sydney, NSW3 posts

Not suitable for a commercial kitchen

Very sharp when you first get them but I have to get them professionally sharpened so often because they lose their edge so quickly.
I find the grip on the handle awkward and I get callouses on my index finger.
The tips are so fragile and are not covered by warranty.
The serrated knife is my favourite out of them all. Would be a good knife for home use. Show details
NewportHandyman
NewportHandymanSydney45 posts

Mama
MamaNewcastle

Wish I didn't purchase shun knives

I have purchased a set of shun knives and I would NOT recommend them to anyone.

I cannot even leave them on the kitchen bench when using them while cooking , as they end up with rust marks on them and then they pit. you think you are getting a good quality item. Wrong.

idesade
idesade

Shun knives, poor quality!

Purchased a 3 kife Shun set, in Melbournes Southland Sopping Centre.

12 months after all edges appear "cerated" , they have been well cared for however, the metal appears to be faulty, sharpened with a 3 step Whetstone system, yes they are sharp but, cerations indicate poor quality product.

James
JamesSydney6 posts
Freaky
FreakyWangaratta4 posts

What a knife

After trying different knives over the years I knew what I liked & didn't like with knives. I wanted something that would do most jobs at home for an early Christmas present & I settled on the Shun Classic 20cm Chef knife. Wow, I'm glad I did. This knife just doesn't go blunt. It slides through soft tomato's like they aren't there. Add to that just how good they look (I like shiny things) and I'd say this knife is one of my favourite things in the kitchen.

msredwine
msredwineAU3 posts

Rust marks, pitted

I loved these knives when I first purchased them. I have the shun classic range in the block. I took extra care with my knives, warm soapy hand wash and dried with a special cloth, which is just for my knives, straight away. I started noticing little pitted areas in my blades and rust marks, which, on one knife, resulted in a hole! So I rang shun Australia, who advised to take back to place of purchase. I did. Was told a representative from shun will come and take the knives and inspect. 4 weeks later knives were picked up. All shun did was have them re-sharpened and re-pointed. So as much as I love the style/look and feel of these knives, I'm really disappointed in the quality for the price. Should of done more research.

Neilz
Neilzperth3 posts

Terrible product ; horrendous service

We purchased a new Shun knife bock from kitchen warehouse; after 3 months of use we notice large chips on 2 of the knives; almost like rust marks. We returned the knives to kw who sent them onto Shun - we have been without the knives for over 3weeks and cannot get Shun to return an email after 3 attempts. Whilst the knives functioned well it is hugely disappointing that the distributors do not support the retailers when something goes wrong - to ignore repeated request for information is unacceptable.

I am kicking myself for having changed from global to Shun.

Tom2121
Tom2121Bendigo13 posts

Best chefs knife yet

Just purchased a Shun 20cm cooks knife and I have to say its the sharpest and best cooks knife I have ever used.

I've used other top German and Japanese brands but Shun slices and cuts a lot better and has more feel than the other knives that I have used, the other brands feel heavy and dead in the hand by comparison I'm not a chef but my son is and he is impressed.Only reservation I had was the D shape handle but I have found that to be comfortable and fits the hand well so all in all very impressed.

Will probably purchase a couple more types of Shun knives if this one is anything to go by.

Tom.

MR Cooper
MR CooperBrisbane36 posts

Seems like its worth it

Seems like good knife set. try to get it on sale. Sharp and accurate balanced from what i have experienced. If you get at easter or christmas or on a sale day its best.

fanaticcook
fanaticcookGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC43 posts

truly a gem

i was given this knife for christmas and am so in love with it, i use it every chance i get - everything cuts like butter, or better yet, cream. the weight is perfect, the feel, ergonomic; do invest in it, so very worth it! where has my life been before shun????
everything!
chaau
chaauGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC37 posts

Perfect

I bought a 20 cm classic chef knife to replace a chef knife in my Stanley Rojers block set. The one I have is made of a poor steel and gets dull very often. You will be surprised how sharp the Shun knife is when it's straight from the factory. It passes all the tests for sharpness (like cutting through the paper, shaving the hair on the hand, etc). It stays sharp for a long time. It is very ergonomic. It does not have the edge on the handle side of the blade, making the sharpening very easy. Combining with the Apex Edge Pro sharpening system it makes a perfect tandem
light weight, ergonomic handle, tought steel
it's expensive