Silit Sicomatic T-Plus

Silit Sicomatic T-Plus

See the Best Pressure Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ros

Roshallidays point

Fantastic - very easy to use

I have had my Silit 6.5lt Pressure cooker for 18 months now and love it. It has replaced the need for a slow cooker. It is a sturdy design. Would not be without it. Bit worried that they no longer have an Australian distributor. Warranty was meant to out live me!!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Louie

LouieReesville

Great pressure cooker BUT......

There is no longer a Silit distributor in Aus and the manufacturer claims they can not ship parts to Aus or NZ.
This means that if your PC breaks it probably can't be fixed. So much for the great warranty!
I did manage to find a new lid seal that was still in stock at a kitchen shop. The only others available are from the UK at between $50-$60.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

AYamNSW, 2125

Bad start but still a great product

Date PurchasedJan 2018
ezzag

ezzag

Great pressure cooker

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Bert

BertCanberra

Love it

I purchased the pressure cooker and have been using it almost daily since. I have found it to be reliable and easy to use. I wouldn't be without it. This is my second pressure cooker. The first never sealed properly and use to drip over the stop top. This one does a fantastic job of all the pulses. I have had one messy experience, which I feel was a result of user error. Note don't do a second batch of beans without cleaning the lid in between.
The pressure cooker is very heavy but very manageable if you use both handles. I am very happy with the pressure cooker.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Noor

Noor

Easy to use

I didn't find the instruction very useful as it was not detailed like the other cookers I had in the past but I was not worried. My broth with presoaked beans and lamb shank turns out beautifully, not burnt and melt in the mouth and in less than an hour.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Dolce-Vita!

Dolce-Vita!Sydney

One of the best pressure cookers out there!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Paul112

Paul112Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Throw everything out but leave me my Silit!!!

This pressure cooker is simply sensational. It heats up in a flash when used as a normal pot. The six litre pot allows us to easily cook for our family of four. I only wish I had this beautiful pressure cooker as a wedding gift as it is so well built and so incredibly energy efficient it would have saved us countless cooking hours and energy dollars as well as becoming a kitchen heirloom. Excellent German build quality. Spare parts are so readily available. Just don't hesitate. This is the very best you can buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Lyn

LynHobart

Excellent top quality product

I was in the market for a pressure cooker because it's the best way to make dhal (lentils/pulses). It is impressive for cooking just about everything and much quicker. I have made, well apart from lots of dhal, stewed fruit, meat, whole chicken, vegetables, soups etc. I also bought the steamer insert which is very useful. It takes a bit of time to learn how to use the cooker, I watched a video on youtube a few times, read the booklet and borrowed library books on pressure cooking. Once I got the hang of it I find it very efficient.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Mike

MikePerth, WA

Good quality, very happy, though cooking times in manual are questionable

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Joe P

Joe PMelbourne

Do yourself a favor and do not buy one!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

ronaldot

ronaldotMelbourne

Amazing and easy to use

The Silit Sicomatic T-Plus is my first pressure cooker. It is so easy to use and clean. The construction is top notch, with quality written all over it. I've cooked stews and soups in it, the flavours are amazing. Highly recommended if you're after something without the bells and whistles and is the best quality pressure cooker around.

Pengini

Pengini

Love it!

A great product. Easy to use, excellent quality build, good safety features, very easy to clean, impressive 30 year warranty. Purchased after a bad experience with an unreliable electric unit.
If I had to pick at something, I'd say it would be nice if this came in a larger size. But overall I'm a very happy customer!

Athina

AthinaVictoria

Silit pressure cooker awesome!

I recently bought this pressure cooker and I love it. Cooks very fast and meat melts in your mouth. This way you can buy cheaper meats and cook perfect. once it reaches the right temperature the temperature can be turn down to minimum. You have to be very careful not fry/seal meat in the silit because you can burn the food easily as it it sticks and gets burnt at the base. Do this job in a frying pan and then put in the silit and food will be perfect

Brilliant 1 pot cooking

I live alone and travel many km in a day. The last thing I want to do is cook. With my silit I can enjoy quick meals that really taste good, and I don't have a lot of cleaning up to do. My meals are simple...chuck everything in. Works for me. And the meats taste fantastic. Even the cheap cuts surrender beautiful flavor.

Mem

MemAdelaide

6.5 L Silit Pressure Cooker

Bought based on reviews as a replacement for my old 'bobble-top' style pressure cooker used for many years. Just as efficient.
Noticeable differences are particularly the weight of the Silit at a heavy 4.5 kilos and a much quieter gentle operation.
Overall a satisfactory purchase for purpose.
The downside of the pressure cooker is that it is so heavy. Definitely try it out for manageability instore.
Also sometimes not all of the steam vents and you are required to give the Silit a few shakes to enable the last of the steam out so you can open the lid - again I find this difficult because of its weight.

Judith

Judith

Wonderful

The pressure cooker is well made, durable and healthy to use. I turn the heat down when it reaches the desired pressure. For steaming, I use a heatproof silicone basket, but for casseroles, I only turn the pressure on after it has reached boiling point and I have made sure no food has stuck to the bottom.

chawthorn

chawthorn

Quality & does the job well

Quality, easy to use, the more you use it , increases your confidence. Cook book doesn't give specific cooking times for foods. Once you are familiar, you will love the results. Have a look online for cooking times for pressure cooked food. Easy to clean. Can get cheaper price online. Enjoy :D

Mike

MikeMelbourne

Brilliant and extremely well built

Probably the best $189 I've spent on kitchenware ever. Amazingly easy to use and so much better than my Baccarat iD3 pressure cooker. Just everything about it is so solid and the food ALWAYS turns out perfect. Big enough to cook anything for my family of six (6.5ltr). Have used it for up to 10 chicken breasts (4 minutes) so it's a decent size.

DW

DWAdelaide

absolutely perfect!

After reading many reviews of this and other brands I decided on this one & haven't looked back. It is expensive but I bought mine on sale so it was a bargain in my books. Works beautifully. Great size for a small kitchen or one with limited space. Easy to clean. Good quality with a heavy lid.