Simply Travel Insurance

Sneaky

I felt it was good value at the time of purchase. That was until I had to make a claim. They seem to have a clause for everything to avoid paying you, which is not easily accessible when purchasing the insurance. Denied a claim when my camera was stolen out of my checked in bag, because guess what? They have a clause for that! Thanks for nothing!

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Excellent service and quick claims process

Very happy with this company. Premiums are very competitive and we recently had to make a claim which was a very painless process and paid quickly into our account. Would definitely use this company again and recommend to others

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

A Really Positive Experience

This was the second time we have used Simply Travel Insurance and the first time in many trips that we have had to make a claim on travel insurance. The process was very easy and at a time when many things were not going well this was such a positive experience that we will keep coming back. The major bonus was that this was the best insurance price available.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

A happy customer!

I have been using Simply Travel Insurance for all overseas travel over the past 5 years (7 trips). It is product and price competitive and simple to sign up for. Their on line help desk has been prompt and informative when responding to destination/insurance queries. Fortunately, I have not had to make any claims, but am confident that these would be dealt with in the same professional and expedient manner. I continue to recommend this insurance to friends traveling OS.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAfrica, Australia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo

Would recommend to everyone!

Great value, I’ve used this company twice now and couldn’t go travelling without it! I felt extremely supported and looked after with STI’s great customer service. Highly recommend to anyone planning a holiday big or small.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo

Very good service

Selected this company after looking at reviews, travel was in Europe’s and involved a cruise. Unfortunately became ill on the cruise and required on ship hospitalisation and subsequently a hefty bill. Submitted my claim in the morning and had an email approving same that afternoon. Excellent service, will use again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Who fills in paper forms these days?

I went through the long process of providing personal and travel details. Got to the pre-existing medical conditions to discover I needed to complete a paper form and submit it for assessment. This is so old hat. These days assessments are mostly done online.

Insurance claim madeNo

Fast efficient cover, excellent for multiple trips. Very fast claims service

I purchase the multi trip policy, it is one of the few that covers you for up to 90 days per trip. Secondly it's one of the few polices that includes everything, ie sking, cruising, a good level of hire vehicle excessively. I guess the test of any policy is at claim time, I made a small claim for damaged luggage from a cruise I was recently on in Northern Europe, from submitting the claim it took 4 days to pay with out any hassles.
I think these folk want to provide a genuine product at a fair price

Insurance claim madeYes

The proof is when you have to claim.

We unfortunately had to cancel our cruise due to my wife contracting viral gastroenteritis on the morning of departure.
I was able to submit our claim on line together with the required documentation including our doctor's report.
Simply Travel handled the claim professionally and were easy to deal with.
Our full costs were refunded, less the small excess.
The real test of an insurance company is how they handle your claims.
The policy was easy to set up and the customer support was excellent.

Good Communication

Very helpful. good information. Unfortunitley a bit expensive for oldies.
We would have gone with them as they covered everything that we were looking for. As we were going to be on the Indian Pacific train, then a 19 day cruise around Northern Australia, with a visit of 10 hours in Bali, our ages put the price up substancially.
Good commication and advice
A bit expensive for olies compared with Insure and Go

Really Impressed by Great Service

I have some special needs and had to shop around for insurance cover for a cruise last year. I spoke to many companies and found that this company was by far the most helpful. One young man I spoke to named Jim really was wonderful, he took the time to explain everything clearly and simply, and the price was right too. Another insurance supposedly for seniors quoted almost twice the amount of the simply travel insurance website.
Good Price, honest and clear advice, great help

Insurance claim madeNo

I am travelling on a cruise in northern Western Australia with my family including 3 young children, we require medical evacuation insurance, does your policy cover this? is there something we need to select if purchasing your insurance?
G'day Tony G Mate, for direct information, visit the website (www.simplytravelinsurance.com.au) or give us a call. We can't really monitor every website out there for questions, so lodging it here means it'd likely fall through the cracks. (But below is an answer in case it's still helpful to you, or if it may help somebody else in future). Domestic cruises are tricky, as you have the option to choose the cover you are most concerned about, by choosing your DESTINATION category. "AUSTRALIA ONLY" is a policy that excludes medical and evac/repat cover, because it knows when you're in your home country, there are other protections (like medicare). It's cheaper and you'd select that if your main concern was luggage & cancellation (as cruises have pretty hefty cancellation penalties). "PACIFIC" is the destination you would choose if you were concerned about the medical/evacuation element. It's a little more expensive, (and includes luggage, cancellation, etc), but it also includes medical cover and repatriation home (so if there's a ship-board medical emergency that warrants it, they may for example charter a helicopter to medically transfer you to a mainland hospital). Selecting "PACIFIC" is OK, as even on domestic cruises you do generally get out into international waters - but basically it's a tricky and technical little aspect of the insurance that you can choose either AUSTRALIA or PACIFIC for a domestic cruise and the cover varies accordingly.

What is Simply Travel Insurance's record like for paying medical related claims. eg. serious medical conditions like heart related issues. Michael
I am sorry Michael, but, I don't know anything about "Simply Travel Insurance" My wife and I always use "Insure and Go" We have always found them to be very good price wise, Also they have won a number of awards. and they accept people up to 100 years of age.Hi Michael, Welcome to Simply Travel Insurance! At Simply Travel Insurance we’ve had to deal with plenty of emergencies and evacuations. Without travel insurance, an emergency evacuation can cost in excess of USD$100,000 while hospital costs in the USA, for example, can approach $10,000 per day. If you choose to take out a policy with Simply Travel Insurance, your cover will include 24-hour emergency medical assistance, ambulance fees, medical evacuations, funeral arrangements, messages to family and hospital guarantees. Moreover, we will also cover overseas medical treatment if you become injured or sick overseas, including; medical, hospital, surgical and nursing. Please note that our travel insurance provides cover for unforeseen medical events only. Getting a quote with us is super-fast. All I need is your age, travel start & end dates and destination. Simply call 1300 144 922 (8am-8pm Sydney time) or visit https://www.simplytravelinsurance.com.au/ for a great price. Kind regards, Kieran at Simply Travel Insurance.

Do they cover for a Cruise to Asia ?
Yes, it's a global travel insurance, and cruising is automatically included. Be aware that there are some products that require you to tick a box for activities like cruising or skiing (and pay extra). Simply Travel Insurance seems to keep it simple .. cruising and skiing and all normal holiday stuff appears to be just included in the policy.

Simply Travel Insurance - Domestic Single TripSimply Travel Insurance - Domestic Frequent TravellerSimply Travel Insurance - BudgetSimply Travel Insurance - ComprehensiveSimply Travel Insurance - Frequent Traveller
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 144 9221300 144 9221300 144 9221300 144 9221300 144 922
Email Address sales@simplytravelinsurance.com.ausales@simplytravelinsurance.com.ausales@simplytravelinsurance.com.ausales@simplytravelinsurance.com.ausales@simplytravelinsurance.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered TravelTravelTravelTravelTravel
UnderwriterLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd'sLloyd's
Maximum Age Covered 101 years old101 years old74 years old101 years old64 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not CoveredNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$25,000Not Included$25,000$25,000
Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot Included$500$500500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $2,000$2,000Not Included$2,000$2,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000$50 per day, up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot CoveredNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$10,400$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$25,000$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$250$250
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud cover$5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud cover
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $7,500$7,500Not Included$7,500$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $6,000$6,000Not Included$6,000$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra

Visit official website - Download manual