Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843

Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843

SWF12743 (7kg), SWF12843 (8kg)

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.6

Wash time changed, WTH!

Hey. Weirdest thing.
Have used the same fast cycle for 2 years with our simpson swf12743 front loader.
The 34 min time has out of the blue changed to 50 minutes (or 52 maybe) on the actual display screen. This with the same settings used for 3 years straight.
Anyone else had this?
Tried machine on/off for 1 minute.
Neil

Purchased in January 2017.

SkyeM

SkyeMDarling Downs, QLD

Good machine

Have had this machine for about 5 years and it’s still running perfectly. Would love if you could add items after you turn it on but unfortunately you can’t. Would also love a shorter quick wash. The shortest wash you can get on cotton items is 55 minutes.

Purchased in October 2014 at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

HelenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

easy, reliable, space saving , front loading Simpson washing machine.Have used this model past 8 months. Very esdu

8 months old, reliable, easy to use, handles all types of washing. Very satisfied with results. Ease of use controls. Good range of wash times, handles delicates well, LOVE It.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys.

Dryer TypeFresh air
Helen

Internet not producing correct review (see last review)....

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843 compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Jul

JulTasmania

good wash and spin

I am unable to do a spin only cycle for handwash items .is it possible to do this and if so why is it not in the manual. other than this problem it is a good washing machine

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$498.00.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very good washing machine!

Very good washing machine. It was given to me & I had it for nearly 10 years. Features & controls was pretty good & performance was perfect even on different settings. Can't beat!

Leanne

LeanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent quality, great price.

Recently purchased my 2nd Simpson front loader. My 1st front loader lasted for around 10 years. We are extremely happy with the quality, functionality & cost of this appliance would highly recommend to anyone.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

Zoe D.

Zoe D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a problem so far

Got this to replace an old one. It runs pretty perfectly. Tiny bit loud but thats when its running on high spin. Its so easy to use and does a good clean

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

mark

markSouth East Queensland, QLD

hommer simmpson

had the 8kg washer for month best thing i could ask for had an LG and that was crap handels all my washing two shirts two shorts and two towels and it very good thanks hommer simpson

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$599.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 6.2kg DE62T27GW2
LYNDY

LYNDYFar West, NSW

Great unit

Purchased this machine for my daughter and she is super happy with it. Best fast cycle I’ve seen 15 mins which is crucial with a new born baby. Can recommend any Simpson front loser as they are so reliable

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$499.00.

Evalyn

EvalynCentral, TAS

Simply Simpson

Rinse and drain, 14 Mina, choice of cycles simple.
30 min quick cycle, easy on clothes, delicate cycle, door unlocks immediately when power off. I like this feature, my LG takes five minutes to unlock. Soap drawer is seperated into two, this means we put laundry & bleach powder in one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jamie

JamieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

One of the best washing machine I've owned

This is a great washing machine as it has many program options and time setting. My favourite feature is the time delay as it allows me to start the cycle when I'm asleep and be done when I wake up. It has a fast but effective basic wash cycle with the ability to "time save". The only issue I have noticed is when you wash bedding, it struggles with the spin cycle and the items are quite damp when finished. No issue as it dries in the sun anyway, but something to keep in mind.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
R.W

R.WMelbourne

Don't use too much detergent

This washing machine has the worst rinse program I have ever seen on a machine. Do yourself a favour and don't buy it if you can avoid it. Definitely use less detergent than usual otherwise your clothes will still be soapy after a three hour wash!! And yes, I use top quality detergent and I follow the instructions. There is never enough water to properly rinse. I miss my Panasonic.

Simpson
ELECTROLUX ..Simpson
Cindy Martin

Cindy MartinMooroopna

Great washer

Replaced old Simpson with this model love it only query does it have a filter to clean and if so were. It washes great and the clothes come out well spun Happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone. Purchased at Good Guys Shepparton Victoria, great service and great staff. Thanks

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Julie

JulieMelbourne

Perfect

It has been an amazing experience using my new washing machine and to actually have our clothes come out nice and fresh no matter what product we use for it. It is a nice and easy set and is easy to use. There is a big range of cycles to choose from and even the cleaning process is really nice and easy.Couldn't have been happier with it .

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Jonathan

Jonathan

So far so good

After researching the best washing machine in the price category we were looking for, the Simpson came back with positive reviews. We've had this machine for around 2 months and we're very happy with it's performance. Well priced, and does the job well and for $20 extra, the supplier took away the old machine and installed the new one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Lillypops

LillypopsElizabeth Vale, South Australia

Exelent washing for a Simpson brand

We got this about two years ago as our 7 year old washer packed in sadly as it was great but the Simpson brand 8kg washer dose a great job on all our cloths and at the time we picked it up for a great price on sale. The only negative we found is it sometimes wobbals/moves about the floor

Date PurchasedNov 2016
FSRS

FSRSPerth

Great choice

Considering we'd looked at much pricier washing machines, I'm glad we landed on this one.

The 30 minute wash is perfect for most clothes, and in fact what we do most of our washing on.

The other programs are also handy and given the size we can fit a King size doona if needed.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Brooke Mills

Brooke MillsGosford

Amazing!

After having terrible troubles with my last washing machine this machine has been such a breath pf fresh air. So easy to use and washes well, i love that it has a function where it autofills all the temperature and wash length as well as a screen showing the length of time left on the cycle. Very very happy with my purchase

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Briony

BrionyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I changed from a Whirlpool to Simpson on layby. Not sure of my decision.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Deanos daman

Deanos damanPerth

It try's tried to run away! Not a good buy

We bought this a year and a bit ago and for a while now it keeps trying to slide its way outside! It's moved at least 1 and a half meters from its sitting place. It dose do a great washing job but it's very un safe moving around. We're planning on drilling some kind of catch on the floor to stop the slide

Date PurchasedMar 2017