Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843

Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843

SWF12743 (7kg) and SWF12843 (8kg)

easy, reliable, space saving , front loading Simpson washing machine.Have used this model past 8 months. Very esdu

8 months old, reliable, easy to use, handles all types of washing. Very satisfied with results. Ease of use controls. Good range of wash times, handles delicates well, LOVE It.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys.

Dryer TypeFresh air
Internet not producing correct review (see last review)....

good wash and spin

I am unable to do a spin only cycle for handwash items .is it possible to do this and if so why is it not in the manual. other than this problem it is a good washing machine

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $498.00.

Noise Level

Very good washing machine!

Very good washing machine. It was given to me & I had it for nearly 10 years. Features & controls was pretty good & performance was perfect even on different settings. Can't beat!

Excellent quality, great price.

Recently purchased my 2nd Simpson front loader. My 1st front loader lasted for around 10 years. We are extremely happy with the quality, functionality & cost of this appliance would highly recommend to anyone.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $599.00.

Not a problem so far

Got this to replace an old one. It runs pretty perfectly. Tiny bit loud but thats when its running on high spin. Its so easy to use and does a good clean

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

hommer simmpson

had the 8kg washer for month best thing i could ask for had an LG and that was crap handels all my washing two shirts two shorts and two towels and it very good thanks hommer simpson

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 6.2kg DE62T27GW2

Great unit

Purchased this machine for my daughter and she is super happy with it. Best fast cycle I’ve seen 15 mins which is crucial with a new born baby. Can recommend any Simpson front loser as they are so reliable

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Simply Simpson

Rinse and drain, 14 Mina, choice of cycles simple.
30 min quick cycle, easy on clothes, delicate cycle, door unlocks immediately when power off. I like this feature, my LG takes five minutes to unlock. Soap drawer is seperated into two, this means we put laundry & bleach powder in one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

One of the best washing machine I've owned

This is a great washing machine as it has many program options and time setting. My favourite feature is the time delay as it allows me to start the cycle when I'm asleep and be done when I wake up. It has a fast but effective basic wash cycle with the ability to "time save". The only issue I have noticed is when you wash bedding, it struggles with the spin cycle and the items are quite damp when finished. No issue as it dries in the sun anyway, but something to keep in mind.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Don't use too much detergent

This washing machine has the worst rinse program I have ever seen on a machine. Do yourself a favour and don't buy it if you can avoid it. Definitely use less detergent than usual otherwise your clothes will still be soapy after a three hour wash!! And yes, I use top quality detergent and I follow the instructions. There is never enough water to properly rinse. I miss my Panasonic.

Noise Level
Hi R.W, Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Washing machine. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine. Thanks, Catherine

Great washer

Replaced old Simpson with this model love it only query does it have a filter to clean and if so were. It washes great and the clothes come out well spun Happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone. Purchased at Good Guys Shepparton Victoria, great service and great staff. Thanks

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Perfect

It has been an amazing experience using my new washing machine and to actually have our clothes come out nice and fresh no matter what product we use for it. It is a nice and easy set and is easy to use. There is a big range of cycles to choose from and even the cleaning process is really nice and easy.Couldn't have been happier with it .

Date PurchasedJun 2018

So far so good

After researching the best washing machine in the price category we were looking for, the Simpson came back with positive reviews. We've had this machine for around 2 months and we're very happy with it's performance. Well priced, and does the job well and for $20 extra, the supplier took away the old machine and installed the new one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Exelent washing for a Simpson brand

We got this about two years ago as our 7 year old washer packed in sadly as it was great but the Simpson brand 8kg washer dose a great job on all our cloths and at the time we picked it up for a great price on sale. The only negative we found is it sometimes wobbals/moves about the floor

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Great choice

Considering we'd looked at much pricier washing machines, I'm glad we landed on this one.

The 30 minute wash is perfect for most clothes, and in fact what we do most of our washing on.

The other programs are also handy and given the size we can fit a King size doona if needed.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Amazing!

After having terrible troubles with my last washing machine this machine has been such a breath pf fresh air. So easy to use and washes well, i love that it has a function where it autofills all the temperature and wash length as well as a screen showing the length of time left on the cycle. Very very happy with my purchase

Date PurchasedSep 2018

I changed from a Whirlpool to Simpson on layby. Not sure of my decision.

Purchased yesterday from The Good Guys after changing my original decision of a Whirlpool to this one. Things I am concerned about are: when it was on 1200 spin cyle, a piece of clothing got stuck between the front glass and the inside rubber so it didn't get spun dry at all and I was worried it would ruin the barrel.
The main thing though is its REALLY NOISY when it spins. It has a VERY high pitched sound which is really unpleasant and very loud- not sure if this is normal for a front loader. Not quiet at all!
And I had 2 small woollen blankets in on woollen wash cycle and again, one blanket got caught in the space between the door and barrel and didn't wash properly so I had to change the wash program to Colours where it then removed itself from being caught, with the increased barrel movement on that wash type. Disappointed with those things for sure. Any suggestions??

Date PurchasedAug 2018

It try's tried to run away! Not a good buy

We bought this a year and a bit ago and for a while now it keeps trying to slide its way outside! It's moved at least 1 and a half meters from its sitting place. It dose do a great washing job but it's very un safe moving around. We're planning on drilling some kind of catch on the floor to stop the slide

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Deanos daman, Thank you for your post and we would like to speak with you regarding your concerns. Can you please email your address detail including a daytime phone number to customercare@electrolux.com.au. We look forward to speaking to you soon. Kind Regards Sylvia Electrolux.

Decent washing machine at a fair price

It is silent, powerful and cleans well. The touch buttons are sensitive however does not look climpsy. Not sure of the after sales service yet. It is economical, fast enough and water saver. We usually get the whole lot cleaned up in 30 to 35 minutes. Nothing to regret for now.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

It feels like an airplane landing

Occasionally there is a significant amount soap residue/bubbles at the front door rubber seal. It cleans the clothes clean. During the spin towards the end of the wash, the machine spins very rigorously and loud. It feels like an earthquake or an airplane landing.
Favourite feature is there are many functions to fit my washing needs especially when there's soap bubbles, you can choose a quick rinse

Date PurchasedMar 2018

The door locks then unlocks then relocks , we need to turn the machine off then back on and open the door immediately otherwise it relived , the door has also become hard to open any thoughts as to the issue and how to fix it please
mine is 7 kg. the door wont open while in lock mode. needs a firm pull and the on off button is very sensative

Anyone find the 7kg Simpson Front Loader problem putting a load in to wash the door refused to open? Just a lot of clicking around the door catch and code E40 on the LED display.
mine actually locks so I press the start pause button so the doo lock light goes off

Love our new washing machine, but find a couple of times it seems to stick at 4 minutes until end of wash stays on it for quite some time not spinning. Is there reason for this?
Hi Jan Claridge, Tania from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Simpson front loader washing machine. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

Simpson SWF12743 (7kg)Simpson SWF12843 (8kg)
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7 kg8 kg
Household Size 2-3 people3-4 people
FeaturesDoor/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Water Rating4 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless Steel
Maximum Noise Level79 db
Number of Wash Cycles77
Weight64 kg73 kg
Country of ManufactureThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual