SlimTitan

SlimTitanSouthwest, VIC

Friendly sales and after sales support

After 3 years of researching and looking at camper trailers we purchased a Ranger with 12ft tent and kids room extension. It is exactly as we expected and even provided seemingly more room after spending a few weeks camping over the new year holidays. I recently noticed one of the rear LED lights wasn't working, so I contacted Skamper Campers and they sent me a new one which I received within a week. Very happy.

Date PurchasedNovember 2018

Tony

TonyWestern Sydney

The Ultimate is ultimately fantastic

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Thanks Tony for your awesome review! Safe Travels!

Alesha

AleshaBlue haven

Fantastic!!

We purchased a Dingo Ultimate camper trailer and everyone we felt with from the company was fantastic!! The quality is excellent, the team at the show room are very knowledgable and happy to help. The hand over when we collected the trailer was very thorough. Would happy purchase from them again!

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Hi Alesha, Thanks for your review! Hope you have some awesome adventures!

Review collected in partnership with Skamper Kampers

We love our Dingo from Skamper Kampers

We found it easy to find the factory and there was plenty of products on display and the quality was excellent.

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Thanks for the great review Phillip!

Review collected in partnership with Skamper Kampers

paulybabe

paulybabeAdelaide

Do your homework before purchasing.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Date PurchasedMarch 2017

Mike

MikePerth

Love my skamper kamper!

I recently bought a skamper kamper dingo. Because I am based in WA and there is not yet a showroom out here, I organised everything over the phone. A big thanks to Ivan from the Melbourne showroom. He answered all my questions informatively and enthusiastically. He even had the tape measure out for me over the phone. Ivan and the skamper kamper team made it all so easy and went above and beyond in a number of ways. No problem at all with the camper since purchase and with follow up questions I feel as I am a valued customer. Not just someone they forget about and avoid after the purchase. I can highly recommend Skamper Kampers..... Mike & Laarnie.

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Hi Mike & Laarnie, Thanks for the awesome feedback and hope you have some great adventures!

AY A

AY AAU

Scamper Dingo 2017 model

We are really happy with our Dingo Trailer and have had good service (before and after) from the Scamper team.
For the price, you just cant argue with the offroad camper it is.

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We hope it serves you well on your adventures!

ChrisSydney, NSW

Could Be Great - BUT IT IS NOT - attitude is everything and at Skamper it is very poor when it comes

Nicole

NicoleKeysborough

Skamper Kamper Gecko

Great product with sone really goid features.
Unfortunately the innerspring mattress is like concrete. Quick change to al $600 foam from clark rubber solved that.
The main issue I found was the ball weight(not in any brochure) comming in unloaded at around 250kg and loaded exceeding 350kgs.
I cant tow it with my nissan patrol so essentialy its a yard ornament.
Totally devastated.

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Sorry to hear Nicole. Unfortunately, the rear fold Gecko's are indeed quite heavy. We have since discontinued the Gecko model.

Great camper, excellent service.

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Thanks for the great feedback Lynette. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time on your trip to the Gulf Country! Take lots of photos, we'd love to see them.

Neville Page

Neville PageAdelaide

Our experience with Skamper Kampers....shocked!!

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Thanks Neville! We hope the Ranger is still doing well and that you are going on lots of great trips.

Home away from home Perfect!

Best money ever spent can't wait to use our camper trailer more and more and create amazing memories! So easy to put up and pack away great quality canvas heavy rain and no leaks love everything about it plus the service is second to none always helpful and willing to assist for any new or old purchases so happy! Thanks SKs

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Thanks for the review Lisa. We hope you have been going on many more fabulous trips since you posted this.

IlovemyTM

IlovemyTMSydney

Love our Skamper!!!

We went to many camping shows and visited many showrooms to look at camper trailers but nothing we come across compared to Skamper. Their service is exceptional and the quality of their campers is amazing, not to mention they look much better set up than any other camper. If you're thinking of buying a Skamper, don't hesitate!
We are very happy Skamper Kampers :-D

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

We may be biased, but we think our trailers look pretty snazzy too. Thanks for the great review.

Great followup service to fix issues

I purchased a Skamper Camper Ranger in November 2015. After 5 trips I looked underneath and found catastrophic failure in the shocks and suspension plates. I rang and emailed Mick and the crew at Skamper and also provided some photos and they couldn't be more helpful. It was clear that this issue on both plates was an anomaly as everything else with the camper has been fantastic. They replaced the whole shock setup within the hour and also fitted a new tank guard for me. Nothing is ever perfect and when issues arise it is the after sales service that is important. Can't compliment Skamper enough for their concern, great attitude and commitment to ensuring I had a solid camper back on the road immediately. Thanks guys!

Thanks for your review

Great camper trailer

Ranger camper is easy to set up. Tows great. Workmanship is good and the team at Skamper Kampers were great and easy to deal with. No major problems so far. First time out we were smashed with strong winds and rain. A few minor leaks that are to be expected with new canvas and the camper held up well and we stayed dry. Had to change a few of the nut fasteners on the poles the first and second time camping but that was due to over tightening from me. Over all a great camper trailer. If you can't set up a Skamper Kamper then you shouldn't be camping.

Thanks for your review Kev

The ultimate camper

It really boils my blood to hear comment like robs as so many of there customers and my own experience have been positive in my opinion Skamper Kampers has by far the best value for money. It also raises the question are these reviews legitimate because I know if you go to Skamper Kampers with a warranty issue they will help out if in the warranty period
And as far as set up of the camper being difficult what a load of rubbish I can set the 12ft main tent up in 5 mins and the annex in 20 with one wall on so please take these reviews with a grain of salt and come see the quality yourself.

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Thanks Toona! It brings a smile to our face when we hear from happy customers. Perhaps we need to run a competition to see who can set up their campers the fastest!

Poor quality camper.

This camper is poorly designed and takes forever to put up. I seasoned the camper at home in heavy rain four times. The camper leaked like a sieve. I was silly enough to think that this would be resolved once seasoned - bad mistake. Went to merimbula and in light but persistent rain, the canvas leaked everywhere. I bought a camper trailer for comfort and to stay dry. I will never buy a Skamper Kamper again.

Customer S.Skamper Kampers

Great service and value for money

Met with the guys from Skamper Kamper last year and was very pleased with the service and the Ranger Trailer that I bought. The service was great and even after a minor issue, it was resolved with no hassle at all.

The trailer was right within my price range and think it is great value for what I wanted. It does the job and I'm very happy I got what I needed at much less price than some other trailer companies.

So thanks again Skamper Kamper!
T

Hi TMWS

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Mugs

Mugsblue mountains

Fantastic

Hi Mugs,

Thanks for the great feedback

Greg L

Greg LAberglasslyn

Skamper Kamper Gecko

We bought our Gecko this year and we just love it, Dion looked after us and we could not ask for better before and after sales service, we had a couple of very minor issues which were quickly resolved. We took our camper to Freaser Island for three weeks in October and it performed faultlessly.

Hi Greg
Thanks for your review

Cristian E.

Cristian E.asked

NSW, Emu Plains

Hi, looking at the Ranger XL. With the electric braking. Do I need to install electric brake control in the car? If so, is this something you guys do?

COREY

COREYasked

What is the best after market bearings, shockers, drums and brakes to on a dingo?

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your Enquiry! Please see below our suggestions:

>> The bearings are Dexter 2 Tonne : Part # Outer 15123 Inner Part #25580
>> Brake drums to suit 12" Dexter Bearings
>> Shocks are Toyota FJ40 front shocks

Hope this helps!

Hello Corey,

My poor opinion of Skamper is a matter of record; that said i cannot fault the standard suspension of Skamper Camper's on the Ranger XL. I have not taken mine off road in any serious way but it has handled some pretty rough graded roads without issue. Unfortunately my Ranger XL still has the original faults including the replaced skirt which does not even come close to fitting.

happy camping

Weekendwarrior

Weekendwarriorasked

looking at buying a second hand skamper kamper nomad 2014 with the 12 foot tent. I see the tent hasn't changed to today's version which sits on the 2018 ranger etc (or has it? is it the exact same tent / canvas etc?) and I see the nomads trailer is slightly smaller lighter than the current ranger version. Just curious why they stopped making the nomad and the main differences between the nomad and the current ranger. I can't find many reviews about the nomad on the net and am wondering if there was some some of problem with it?

Thx

Hello Weekendwarrior,

Thanks for the question but I am not in a position to answer it. I Know absolutely nothing about the "nomad" and i have equally no idea why Skamper would cease making it. My knowledge of Skamper Kampers is limited to my own experience of defective product and or design and even worse after sales service. They finally replaced the ill fitting skirt with a specially redesigned one which, amazingly, still does not fit. I would not have anything to do with them again. Good luck !!

Jason
Jason

if you are not in a position to answer, why don't you be quiet instead???

Get an answer from our members and Skamper Kampers representatives

Skamper Kampers TAS, Huntingfield

No reviews
Skamper Kampers VIC, Dandenong South

Skamper Kampers VIC, Dandenong South

CategoryCaravan & Camper Trailer ShopsCaravan & Camper Trailer ShopsCaravan & Camper Trailer ShopsCaravan & Camper Trailer ShopsCaravan & Camper Trailer Shops
Contact Number 02 4735 444402 4735 444402 4735 444402 4735 444402 4735 4444
Address13 Pullman Place, Emu Plains NSW 2750, Australia
Email Address sales@skamper.com.ausales@skamper.com.ausales@skamper.com.ausales@skamper.com.ausales@skamper.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNo
Seller Type Manufactures Own ProductsManufactures Own ProductsManufactures Own ProductsManufactures Own ProductsManufactures Own Products
After Sales ServiceYesYesYesYesYes
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)