Market Direct Campers

Market Direct Campers

NSW, QLD, SA, Adelaide, VIC and WA

#MDC4Life

We've had the XT17-HRT for over 18 months and hasn't missed a beat. There were a few small warranty items when we bought it and followed the formal online process and they went over and above. Very happy with the service!
We did a 4500+k trip last year out Birdsville way with some dirt roads. Loved it and no trouble, except one broken tap from a rock. $5 part at the Birdsville hardware and all good again.
We're about to do a 10,000k trip and have complete faith. No regrets. Still looks like new and we're as excited to get out in it as the day we bought it, if not more.

Date PurchasedDecember 2017
Store LocationBrisbane

Great First Camper

After Going To The Caravan And Camping Show To Look At Campers We Were Very Impressed With Mdc Range,So After A Couple Of Weeks Decided On The ERF,
Rang Up To Order,Bugger No Stock But Was Promised Delivery Before Easter, Picked Up Late March Ahead Of Promised Delivery Date,
The Wife And I Have Used It A Few Times And Have Got Full Set Up Down To About 30 Minutes (Annex Roof Floor Walls)
Our Daughter , Husband And Grandkids Went Off Grid To The Grampians For A Week And Reported No Problems,
A Well Put Together Unit
Well Done To MDC And All The Crew In Adelaide!

Store LocationAdelaide

It was great

Very satisfied with the service. They were very helpful in all areas of the sale.love the camper it is everything that we hoped it would be and more.price os great

Date PurchasedMay 2019
Store LocationNewcaslte NSW

All we wanted and expected. Seems to be well put together.

Kevin in Adelaide has been great to deal with in both purchases we had through his showroom. Not pushy and could answer our questions well. Tried his best to supply our xt12 on time and came through for us

Store LocationSth road adelaide
Hi Dirtyfeet, glad your experience was up to standard and thank you for choosing MDC. Happy camping

Perfect choice XT12

What a great little unit. Sales gave me a date of delivery and it was there ready to go. When they advertised that it was Prado friendly, they were right. Sits in behind the vehicle perfectly, and at times, you nearly forget it's there. I am very pleased with the XT12

Date PurchasedJune 2019
Store LocationKilsyth
Hi Geoff, Thanks for sharing and choosing MDC. Happy camping

My MDC 2016 Soft floor camper “second hand” purchase.

Contact with MDC in Welshpool Perth today 11June 2019 to go through the fold up off the camper trailer.
Navigation to store very easy.

No product’s offered.

Ok on arrival meet by MDC Rep, who had set up the date and time to review the trailer issue(s), this was the catalyst for us coming to MDC in the first place.
On arrival family sorted and trailer set up in work shop, under instruction fold out camper tent, Problems we had.

Extremely hard to fold up, taking 3 to 4 people to fold up and close up.

Problems found at MDC in Perth.
1:Diagonal braces LH & RH side extensions missing,
2: Second brace ripped from stitching on tent roof and one leg bent in.
Ok Reps comments both diagonal braces are missing an extension pieces from the brace, secondly the cross brace leg bent in and not genuine part.
3: Mattress over height

Now fold up the tent, even with the o/s mattress out a hard job to fold up.
Finally throw the o/s mattress on top and close up, well that was an experience, finally got the zip home , the bent frame I just pulled out the elastic cord apart separating the frame jamming it under the mattress to replace at a later date.

We asked the rep first up to trade the camper and upgrade, Advised MDC don’t trade it’s up to me to sell the old one and come buy new.

Could MDC repair/ replace, est cost of $700 and 6 to 8 weeks to supply.

Finally we asked the rep of a best solution, comment was to fix up the existing camper and sell it, buy a MDC hard floor camper where one person could set up.

MDC rep provided a replacement spare wheel cover at no cost, appreciated.

We left and have lost all confidence with MDC a wasted trip from the country to Perth and return, knowledge as we didn’t buy new we Have bought what we have bought.
Not at all satisfied with MDC product support.
Will MDC offer a reply and customer support to fix this problem or we just fix and sell then go to an other camper trailer supplier.

Date PurchasedMay 2019
Fair go mate, you bought a 2nd hand camper and expect us to sort it all out for you for free and then you leave this review. Our Team even gave you a free gift and spent time with you at our cost. Good idea to purchase elsewhere we think. Thankyou and have a great day. Team MDCNot at all Vaughan, advised the rep the camper was second hand. Requested cost to assist, advised first hour no cost after $50 p/h, we offered to pay to fix the problem(s) initially during first conversation. What really surprised us was the advice to sell the camper. How do we understand this? Yep you are right your reply is absolutely correct, we will purchase an other camper. Never know MDC hard floor maybe an option. CheersI'm a pretty smart guy Kiwi but I'm struggling to see where we failed: 1) You bought secondhand 2) You were unhappy with the time and effort required to pack it up 3) The camper was damaged when you brought it in 4) You wanted a price to repair 5) You asked for a solution If you bought the camper without setting it up and checking the condition then that's a case of "caveat emptor" or the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made. I'm sincerely sorry if you feel you bought the wrong style of camper but this was something completely out of our control. When you asked for a price for repair you were given one. To make repairs to the areas described, the tent needs to be removed from the frame and sewn. This is not a quick job and requires two people to remove and replace the tent. The alternate option would be a new tent at $2500 plus fitting. You asked about trading in, this suggests you were interested in something easier or different which a hard floor would be both. As we are not a licensed used vehicle dealership in WA, we couldn't legally do the transaction if we wanted to. Our representative gave you what was in his opinion, was the most suitable solution to the problem as he understood it. In a good will gesture he even gave you a replacement cover. In summary I fail to see how "we" wasted your time when in fact our time was given generously for free, and we attended to your needs as we understood them. No company is perfect and we wouldn't claim to be however, when we make a mistake we own it and get on with the job of rectifying it. In my opinion you've made an extremely unfair appraisal of both the customer service and the product. Regardless, we are still happy to provide you with spare parts should you wish to purchase. These can be obtained by calling 1300 494494 or emailing spareparts@marketdirect.com.au Best wishes and happy camping.

Shocker absorbers on XT12 a problem.

Disappointed regarding shockers on my XT12 - on second set in 10 months and these ones are already leaking and u/s and cannot get, any after market replacements as they not a common size , currently in Qld unable to fix this problem. Have tried ringing the 1300 number but no answer

Date PurchasedApril 2017

Amazing product mdc camper Robison xtt

We have look round for deals but nothing compares with mdc
Great range of camper
No words compare with is amazing job
We got the Robison xtt great size and great setup for us with big family

Date PurchasedApril 2019
Store LocationHeatherbray ramonterres

XTT Robson

I am very satisfied with a warranty procedure as it went swiftly & no dramas. Postage was quick & had my parts in great time even thou i live WA Regional. We love our Robson its Great.

Date PurchasedJanuary 2018
Store LocationPerth Wangara

Jackson FF Exceptional value for money

Mark was a pleasure to deal with and was so accommodating to all our needs and questions. This was our very first Camper Trailer & everything about it exceeded our expectations.

We looked at just about every camper on the market, and none could really compare to MDC.

Date PurchasedApril 2019
Store LocationMDC Kilsyth

MDC 'Robson' XTT - Family Sorted

tl,dr: Well made, large family camper with tons of bells and whistles.

It started with some delivery problems - these were sorted with the Townsville representative offering above average service to compensate.

I've found it to be very spacious on the inside and wonderfully easy to set up and pack down. It is big and heavy when towing but other companies' dual folds are heavier. It has handy features like canvas storage pockets, a hot water heater and cupboards inside.

MDC take their trailers seriously - problems in previous models and other campers have been corrected and now shipped as stock, using the 'gold standard' manufacturing procedures. The MDC team are active on owners' groups and listen and act on feedback.

Store LocationMDC Townsville

love my robson

Me and my family love the robson and having 4 kids under 4 sleeping comfortable and happy makes camping fun. It's easy to set up and take down.
best camper out there..

MDC XT15HR

We are seasoned campers having spent two years camping around Aus with a camping trailer doing all the 4x4 attractions, Cape York, Kimberleys etc. We purchased our XT15HR second hand (12 months old) for a very affordable price (I couldn't afford not to buy it). I was terrified I'd bought a lemon. That couldn't be further from the truth. It's a great bit of gear. We took it away for 10 days over the Easter period. We travelled wet greasy tracks from Dalmorton through Chalundi State Forest (NP) in the rain to Ebor then out to Bingara on as many dirt roads as we could find. Dry, dusty, sometimes corrugated. The van performed brilliantly. We struggled to keep the batteries charged, when not travelling, due to lack of sun (not the fault of the van) and the shower doesn't drain as good as it could. I've got a simple fix for that.
I called MDC today, unbeknownst to me they were closed but Jannette took my call. She provided me with the info I was after without hesitation.
In short, we couldn't be happier with our MDC XT15HR thus far.

Date PurchasedMarch 2019

Absolutely love our XT17HRT!!

We looked at vans for 2 years before finding this one. It’s perfect and the quality and value for money is fantastic!! We had one minor issue which was fixed instantly. The sales people were so helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend MDC to everybody.

Date PurchasedOctober 2017
Store LocationBrisbane

Had our XT12 with en-suite a bit over 6 months now. Great van, tows well, sets up quick and easy. Had a couple small lighting problems that the dealer sorted out straight away. We are very happy with both the XT12 and the Cairns dealer.

Date PurchasedDecember 2018
Store LocationCairns

Just what we wanted

Been researching for a while and I can tell you it was confusing to choose the right Camper. MDC made it easy to understand what i needed. Cruizer Slide is perfect for what i use it for. Cant wait for the next camping trip. Thanks MDC Team

XT17HRT Perfect for Us

My wife and I bought an XT17HRT from the Sydney store. The team there were very knowledgeable about the MDC products. We chose the XT17HRT becasue of it's offroad ability and there is only two of us travelling, it has not failed us so far. Thankyou MDC

Store LocationSydney

Great service - enjoying our new van

We purchased an MDC XT12 around 8 weeks ago. Due to a short timeframe between purchasing and when we needed it, we bought a demo model. We have now been on the road for about 5 weeks. So far we are loving the XT12 - it has everything we need for a comfortable life on the road, and has easily accessed all off-road locations we were keen to go. We have made some modifications and added some additional features (diesel heater, fans, TV etc). We have had a couple of small issues - 1 was with a could of items not being handed over on the day, but an email to the team and this was sorted promptly. Would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedMarch 2019

Fantastic staff, fantastic camper.

Fantastic staff, fantastic camper. Researched all available campers and for the family of 4 our Cruizer Slide suited us to a T. MDC online videos and Masterclasses are fantastic. Follow them and you will have many happy years of camping!!!

Date PurchasedSeptember 2018
On behalf of the team thanks for your kind words Andrew.

Love our MDC XT17HRT

We have a XT17HRT which we love and cannot fault. Tows awesomely behind Ford Ranger. Whether powered camping with aircon or free camping with solar, it performs faultlessly. Highly recommended. Very tough van!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Thanks for taking the time to review Bob. Hoping you have many great adventures in your XT17.

Have a xt12 - just 3 years old just wondering if there has been problems with solar panels. Had ours checked today everything working but the solar panel it self. It stored under cover at all times unless camping which is only about 3 times year. Love the van it's fantastic, just need info how we can fix. can you help. Thanks Janet
It sounds like the panels are either cooked or there is a continuity problem in the wiring. Replacing them with fixed panels on raised mounts may be the answer. Any reputable caravan repairer should be able to do it.How would you cook them??? More information on the continuity problem in the wiring. ??? Also what cost would I be looking at for three new panel's.??If you could email me with some photos of the solar set up that would be great. stevez@marketdirect.com.au Once I see the installation I may be able to give you some more specific answers.

Brought forward fold camper 2 weeks ago, conditioned canvas over 4 days & decided to take our on our first trip. There was the lightest sprinkle of rain on and off over a 10 hour period and our camper leaks from EVERY seem/stitch. All our bedding, pillows & clothing were drenched. We called up to complain & he said to put wax on all the seems.... ive just spend $22,000 on a camper trailer & i have to go around & wax/ patch up holes myself with wax? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I regret buying a MDC camper!
Hi Matt, Go onto the MDC page and register a warranty claim. This is not normal. Bring your camper in and we'll season it correctly for you. Thanks for the opportunity to make this right for you and your family.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EioXNX83pUM Another tip for you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAXxiOTSS_I

I have a Robson XTT, the fridge keeps turning off. It’s like there isn’t enough powder from the 12v. Is there something I can do?
What fridge do you have?. Most have a high low medium setting for battery and should be left on low.

Market Direct Campers SA, AdelaideNSW, NewcastleNSW, SydneyQLD, CairnsQLD, BrisbaneQLD, CabooltureQLD, TownsvilleMarket Direct Campers VIC, North GeelongMarket Direct Campers VIC, KilsythWA, WangaraWA, Kenwick
Contact Number 1300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 4941300 494 494
Address1246 South Road, Clovelly Park South Australia, Australia2364 Pacific Highway, Heatherbrae New South Wales, Australia178-180 Hume Highway, Lansvale New South Wales, Australia395 Sheridan St, Cairns North Queensland, Australia3/711 Beaudesert Rd, Rocklea Queensland, Australia4 Boeing Place, Caboolture Queensland, Australia437 Bayswater Road, Garbutt Queensland, Australia129 Douro Street, North Geelong Victoria, Australia126 Canterbury Rd, Kilsyth South Victoria, Australia63 Innovation Circuit, Wangara Western Australia, Australia1752 Albany Highway, Kenwick Western Australia, Australia