Slasher Organic Weedkiller

3.2

Springfields

SpringfieldsGippsland, VIC

Horse property

Decided to try the organic approach. First up the cost was at least twice as much. The application use was 7 times more per litre. The result was quite quick on young weeds, but other more established weeds not so good, a few days later you could not see any result or where you had sprayed. I think for the sake of going organic you need to be MUCH more cost effective. Much better results from Roundup. ( Slasher 20 Ltrs $302.00)

Purchased in September 2020 for A$302.00.

Sallestra

SallestraSouth East Queensland, QLD

I purchased this from Woolies to kill broadleaf. I normally purchase Bioweed online but I was at the supermarket

I purchased this from Woolies to kill broadleaf. After following the instructions, I found it only burnt the top off the weed and didn't stop it from growing back. Disappointed with the result.

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for A$12.00.

PukSydney

For small applications only, if you can’t physically remove.

I wanted to de-weed en-masse using this product so badly. So disappointed even though there’s no silver bullet (there rarely is). I’ve used to spec and then some. Tried over two seasons with very average results. Won’t be purchasing much unless on spesh or desperate. Have made my own, which works better than Slasher, as I won’t use glyso.
Still balancing the bleach, vinegar, salt and detergent & boiling water. Esp being thoughtful around water courses.
Won’t be using this until mid summer when weeds are in full sun.
I’m on 6 acres.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Slasher Organic Weedkiller compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

tom h.

tom h.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

orchard use, happy with product

I use this product in my 6.5 acre cherry orchard with motorbike pack sprayer. It will knock down tall plants having to repeat again later to give better effect. At times it may take a third spray for kill. As my trees bush up they suppress weed growth and some cover can keep your plants cool and the worms happy. Sure you do not kill all the time but you do not lock up trace minerals in the soil like round up does or affect your own cell health. It is a lot cheaper from ag supply shop and is the most cost effective ($290/20L)for and safe herbicide so far.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$290.00.

Deidreanne

Deidreanne

Brilliant

Shake the bottle spray it on and it turns the weeds to jelly in a few hours, I don't even remove them as on woodchip you can't see them within about 8 hours. Brilliant product. Did I mention shake the bottle before, during and after.

No garden product is worth risking the bees or our pets for and this one doesn't.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$29.95.

Phil

PhilFar North Queensland, QLD

Over priced

You have to use 5 times more than Roundup ,plus more weeds return faster. Bleach does a better job & a lot cheaper. Sorry, that unable to save the planet .I'm sick of all the crap over organic.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$29.00.

Slasher

Hi, further to my previous review, today 9/1/2020 I phoned the company responsible for this herbicide, they promised they would have a specialist contact me regarding its inability to kill perennial weeds. I won’t hold my breath waiting for contact from them.
12/1/2020 To the manufactures credit they have contacted me and have asked me to send in a sample of the herbicide so they can have it tested.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings for A$86.00.

phil

philWestern District, VIC

over rated and not cheap

killed the foliage of the weeds within a day or so but then the core of the weeds are now thriving, could have achieved the same result or even better with just boiling water

Purchased in October 2019 at Home Hardware for A$22.00.

I love it.

I love it. I use it around my vegetable garden. I give the weeds i don't want growing a heavy spray and within minutes you can see them change colour as they start dying off.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Amanda

AmandaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great alternative to protect our bees

This product works in a day or two and I'm very happy with the results. I've tried and tested other organic products including homemade, but this gives the best results.
However, if you're looking for a Kill--All, glyphosate, carcinogenic product and want a pristine garden look, this may not be the product for you. Slasher has been made for the conscious environmental people in mind, who don't want to spray and kill everything in their garden which isn't an official flower. Wildflowers can be beautiful too and the bees need them. Highly recommended!

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$14.00.

Evan Chooly GetitWestern Australia

Hit and miss

Evan Chooly Getit

Effective for shorter term use

Like this product...sadly, it doesn't go very far on acreage.
Very effective on warm/ hot conditions.
A little " smelly and oily" but ok.
I still buy it as the organic status overpowers longterm glyphosate.

Purchased for A$90.00.

Fiona

FionaSydney

worthy of zero starts (pardon the pun)

This eco friendly product is also weed friendly. As in the photo on their website, it does indeed seem as if the weeds die in 24 hours. But guess what? Like Lazarus they rise again from the dead. Every time. Total waste of money, and it's expensive too. Back to glyphosate for me. Very disappointed.

Purchased in January 2019.

Franz Kafka

Franz Kafka

Could be cheaper but good

I still find flame weeding is the cheapest and quickest method but it does present problems for about 6 months of the year.

Compared to flaming, slasher wins on convenience (not having to lug around a 9kg propane tank and not having to worry about setting fire to things) and it loses on cost and being a bit pongy.

I would say slasher is just as effective as flaming and takes about the same amount of time - while it is expensive compared to propane, it still only costs a few dollars to weed the whole property so it is still a feasible solution.

murcodSouth Australia

Expensive and not really a replacement for glyphosate.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$29.95.

murcod

I forgot to mention there's also a warning that Slasher may discolour pavers/ concrete. I sprayed some on charcoal concrete pavers and it's left what looks like a giant "snail track" (according to my young daughter!)

Mic

MicSydney, NSW

Sub par

It's great if you like the same weeds you spray come back weeks later. It doesn't kill all the roots in some weeds. It's not the silver bullet to replace Roundup (glyphosate).

Purchased in January 2019.

Len Edwards

Len EdwardsPerth, WA

Organic certified products are always the best to use.

20 yrs ago approx, when operating my Landscaping/Garden maintenance business & as part of my ongoing research into organic products, I discovered Slasher. Trial & error got it right. Semi retired now & till using it at the local school where I am gardening. The extra dollars it cost is balanced by it being fast & efficient.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$35.00.

Bean

BeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Its time to shift away from Glyphosate (aka Round-Up)

Purchased in August 2018.

Mark

MarkVictoria

Just ok

Purchased this recently to use in my gardening business to replace round up. Extremely expensive and not as reliable but organic so that’s the plus I guess. Will give it a few more weeks.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Maurie

MaurieFar North Queensland, QLD

An Effective Organic Herbicide

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.