Slasher Organic Weedkiller

Slasher Organic Weedkiller

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Organic Crop Protectants? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Quickly shrivels up weeds

• Simple to apply

Cons

• Doesn't always kill to the root

• Less effective at destroying established weeds

a l.
a l.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not kill to the root

It works quickly in drying out the tops of the weeds but does not kill to the root and below. Therefore I cannot fully recommend it as a weed killer.

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

annie13AU

Jury is out.....

I wrote a previous review regarding frogs and skinks in garden. ‘Phoned a friend’, a Biologist (Marine), who doubted that Slasher would cause decline in the frogs and skinks in garden due to the nature of Slasher, they have been researching herbicides (organic) for obvious environmental reasons. Did say direct contact might be injurious. Will keep an eye out for improvement on numbers as spring approaches. Will still add that Slasher needs to have follow up application in a week or so to set back the larger weeds to potentially kill them. Small green flush of weeds it eliminates.

Purchased in February 2021.

Marty F.
Marty F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

GOOD STUFF

Great stuff. I used Bio-Weed in the past which was average. This stuff works very well. I bought the concentrate which is great value for money. Give it a try people

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $29.99.

Neale
NealeCleveland

Brilliant if you need weeds gone fast!

Sprayed weeds growing in paving. Shrivelled within one hour. Roots shrunk within a day so that they can easily be removed from the cracks. Costly, but can be applied sparingly.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Slasher Organic Weedkiller compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Karen S.
Karen S.

Might be too expensive for me

A bit too experimental and expensive for me but I found it reduced for 3.50 from 20.00 and always keen for organic. I hate weeds so much, this was the day after spraying. Very impressed!. I will update if they regrow as I have a lot of trouble killing the weed while only the surrounding grass dies. (Update) I do a lot of gardening and think this is a good product. A lot more expensive than the old questionable week killer product but at least it works very well and I did mix my own from a concentrate. I was listening on a gardening program and this weed killer is best used in the full sun and will probably need a second application. Even the Glyphosate doesn't work very well for me.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Chris
ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally useless waste of time and money

Initially fantastic weeds turn brown/ black within an hour and then die off completely within a day but obviously only burns off above ground as they reshoot quickly.
I have resprayed thoroughly twice and now several weeks later can hardly see where I sprayed.
Very expensive but would be worth it if it worked but it does not.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $30.00.

Peter T
Peter THobart, TAS

Zombie weeds

Slasher creates zombie weeds, undead things that rise from the ground to take over your garden a few weeks later. It doesn't actually kill anything, just destroys the foliage. That means first impressions are ... wow! However the roots then re-shoot new foliage. A professional orchardist advised me that it does work if you apply it three times at intervals of 3 weeks. I worked out that would cost me $1.00 to $1.50 per square metre.

annoyed
annoyed

Slasher is fantastic

Purchased at Rodilesa for $33.95.

Terry Batham
Terry BathamMid North Coast, NSW

The product is usless at perminately killing weeds.

Does not kill the weeds, it only burns the tops of the weeds and they look dead, but unfortunately they grow back within a very short period of time and you have to keep spraying over and over again.
It works out very expensive on an acreage.
I purchased 5Lt and now rather than throw it away i use it mixed with Roundup. The slasher burns the tops of the weeds quickly so you can see where you're sprayed and the Roundup kills the roots.
Very disappointing.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $89.00.

Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic

I don't understand why some reviews say that this stuff doesn't work. I found it much better than round-up and zero. I would give it 10 stars if I could. So I have used it for weeds and grass in between paving around the pool and on weeds in the soil. I saw results starting after 1/2 hours and the weeds were dried out and shriveled by 2 hours. The next day I just swept them up. I don't know the name of the weeds but some had broad leaves, some had lots of tiny leaves and lay very flat (impossible to pull out) and some was grass and everything died just as quick both on the paving and dirt. Some of the weeds were quite large (up to calf height). I sprayed on a hot and sunny day. Hope this helps.

Purchased in October 2020.

Marg S
Marg S

Woweeee!

I purchased a 1 litre spray bottle of Slasher on Monday 12 October. Sprayed the weeds when I arrived home. Half a hour later the weeds were black and shrivelled. Just went outside and 'lifted' them out of the ground. Did not have to pull them out. Last night I told one of my son's, who is a groundsman at 2 schools, about it. He just called me. He bought some this morning, sprayed some weeds and half an hour later, they are all black and crunchy. He is loving it and so am I. Thank you for a great product.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $13.00.

John Cumming.
John Cumming.South East Queensland, QLD

No result after two days. :=(((

All my weeds are eagerly awaiting their next round of Slasher.
Applied it two days ago as per instructions on the label.
No rain before or after.
Will be returning for a refund.
Very disappointed.
Grrrr.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings for $11.20.

Awesome product

Used this for the first time today and sprayed a variety of weeds at 11am by 2pm they were all either shrivelled and black or shrivelled and fast on the way to being black...I have been a Round-up user for years but this stuff knocks it out of the park

Purchased in October 2020.

Aidan
AidanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product, Worth every cent

I work as a gardener and refuse to use glyphosate, it works on everything even moss and liverwort, fast acting and lifesaver for me! Yes it costs a bit but I find it's worth it for the results.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $89.90.

Tony
TonyVictoria

SIMPLY DOESN’T WORK

The product doesn’t work it’s as simply as that , don’t believe me try it for yourself , sprayed on bigger weeds along with smaller & nothing happened, so disappointing, hoping Bunnings will refund my money

Dianne H.
Dianne H.asked

Does slasher kill ryegrass?

annie13

I can only assume so. You will have to try it to the correct measurement of slasher to water. You will need to apply slasher more than once with a few days interval. You will just have to try it for your own results.

Pamela C.
Pamela C.asked

Will slasher kill wandeing dew

annie13

No specific idea, can only assume so, that it will impact growth. Will need to spray more than once for permanent result.

Lara H.asked

Hi, just wondering if this product will work on ivy and blackberry? I have both and I'm desperate to get rid of them. Thanks

annie13

I have sprayed it on blackberry in the garden.....those plants that have popped up due to birds spreading the seeds!!! The spray certainly Burns off the leaves which then prevents the plant from synthesising and I may have to do it again a few times, will try to remember to report back unless someone else can advise here. Trying to dig out a single blackberry is difficult because they root down 30+++ cm so quite deep so the spray has to impact the root growth. No Idea about Ivy, have sprayed a periwinkle that reappeared after a few years. Daughters boyfriend sprayed a front yard of wide spread Sour Sop to good effect.

Lara H.

Thank you for responding. I appreciate the help. I will definitely give it a go.

See all Slasher Organic Weedkiller questions

Features:

• The Slasher Organic Weedkiller is an organic herbicide made up of nonanoic acid, which is derived from plant oils.
  • It kills weeds, moss, algae and lichen on contact, making for an all-purpose garden maintenance product that helps you keep your yard looking spick and span.
  • The weed killer can be used in the garden, house, on pathways, and driveways.
  • It’s supposed to act rapidly and should take around 24 hours to work
  • You should avoid bringing the weed killer into contact with plants that you don’t want to be damaged.

How does the Slasher Organic Weedkiller work?

To use the Slasher Organic Weedkiller, spray until all weeds are completely covered. As this weedkiller is non-selective, it will kill any type of greenery, including grass. So if there’s a clump of weeds growing on your lawn, be careful to only spray the weedkiller on that spot specifically.

What did reviewers think of Slasher Organic Weedkiller?

Reviews were mixed on the Slasher Organic Weedkiller. Some reviewers praised how quickly the weed killer worked, saying that it turned their weeds black and crunchy within the hour. Reviewers who left positive feedback also noted that the product was easy to use.

However, some reviewers noted that it didn’t kill their weeds to the root - it destroyed the foliage but didn’t get rid of anything below the surface. For these users, this resulted in their weeds quickly reshooting.

A few reviewers also found that while the weed killer was effective at getting rid of younger weeds, it wasn’t as successful at killing more established weeds.